Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,713 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ (35362 Views)

Eid-el-fitr: Aregbesola Provides Free Train Ride / My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 1:03pm On May 24, 2015
omenka:
Op, Op, Op, how many times I call you.

Don't make me bust your bubble here oo!!

Shooo!! Which kind lie be dis?? Even the connecting bridge in Otukpo hasn't been completed!! The train dey fly?? cheesy

The only trains that have been able to reach even Otukpo from Makurdi are those cargo trains carrying sharp sand for building purposes. And I was reliably informed David Mark is the one running that racket. The stuff costs about ten times more in Otukpo than mkd!!

Stop all these things abeg. grin

Wake up bro! Take a trip to the station. Can you help post some pix? Quote me with ur whatsapp no let me send some pix

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by erico2k2(m): 1:09pm On May 24, 2015
cleric:

I know ur type and silence is the best answer for you. Anyway, FYI it was botched projects by past administrations. You better learn to get facts before jumping to conclusion.

So you'd know, a train at this time and age should be ntn less than the one below.

when people like you have not seen worse in supposed developed worlds, your hopes are hyped,that train there is hi_speed train which the whole of america has less than 4, go and ask.DO you know howmuch they cost?In the UK, these trains are owned by the private sectors now as the Uk govt could not maintain it, so if the Ng govt start with Old trains the youths of today which include you can buy shares and upgrade it to what you have in that pic, Now to what ends have you worked to this actualization?
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kodlins(f): 2:03pm On May 24, 2015
It's obvious what the OP was trying to achieve. He only came here to rubbish GEJ and the #transformationtrains. The pictures he showed are all old pictures that see all over the Internet.

You would have taken Selfies or something new. If a train derails, how will it be able to continue the journey..
Come back when you have something to say

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by cleric(m): 4:10pm On May 24, 2015
erico2k2:

when people like you have not seen worse in supposed developed worlds, your hopes are hyped,that train there is hi_speed train which the whole of america has less than 4, go and ask.DO you know howmuch they cost?In the UK, these trains are owned by the private sectors now as the Uk govt could not maintain it, so if the Ng govt start with Old trains the youths of today which include you can buy shares and upgrade it to what you have in that pic, Now to what ends have you worked to this actualization?

Come my friend, stop jumping to conclusions. I am in a profession that makes me a globe trotter. I can categorically tell you that the uk and USA still have some very old trains. The only place I can't say for certain is Japan because I have not had the opportunity to go hinterland.

Please don't assume everyone in this forum is not exposed. Rather you should try to understand the perspective from which one is making comments. If this perspective is not known, just ask the person concerned to justify himself. For example, I have strong justification for saying electric trains can work in Nigeria despite the rampant power outages.Do you know there is a place in that Nigeria where the light has not blinked for the past 15yrs? Yes, I mean blinked no matter the weather and it is in that same Nigeria.

And concerning the private sectors owning the bullet trains, I know also. Afterall, (in the UK) Virgin Trains is not government neither are the international trains at King's cross pancras owned by any state but like I said earlier, we have basis for what we said. All you need do is ask and we will defend ourselves. No be fight o o wink

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by cleric(m): 4:23pm On May 24, 2015
wink
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 24, 2015
kelvin1191:

The train will also leave Portharcourt on tuesday to khafanshan and khafanshan to portharcort on wednesday.

How many hours did the journey take you?
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 7:19am On May 25, 2015
theAtheist101:

How many hours did the journey take you?

Can't say for sure cos we had derailments after a heavy downpour that washed the tracks coupled with the old sleeper. They leave portharcourt to khafanshan Tuesday morning and khafanshan to portharcourt wednesday
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 25, 2015
kelvin1191:

Can't say for sure cos we had derailments after a heavy downpour that washed the tracks coupled with the old sleeper. They leave portharcourt to khafanshan Tuesday morning and khafanshan to portharcourt wednesday

Thank you.

Can I also get Lagos train from Kaduna or Jos?
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 7:54pm On May 26, 2015
theAtheist101:

Thank you.
Can I also get Lagos train from Kaduna or Jos?

Yes. I know of kaduna and kano to Lagos. Infact, I heard they av sleeper coach
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 26, 2015
kelvin1191:

Yes. I know of kaduna and kano to Lagos. Infact, I heard they av sleeper coach

Thanks. I really need to experience Nigerian train. Am presently in Plateau State. What of the schedule?
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 11:40pm On May 26, 2015
theAtheist101:

Thanks. I really need to experience Nigerian train. Am presently in Plateau State. What of the schedule?

Will ask my friends at railway
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by Nobody: 10:05am On May 27, 2015
kelvin1191:

Will ask my friends at railway

Okay. Thanks.
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 27, 2015
kelvin1191:

Don't bother yourself. I was there today and they told me that they only convey passengers on Mondays only to Lagos. Thanks anyway.
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by princematz(m): 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
kelvin1191 pls where in makurdi is the train station?
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by Femmyfamous4u(m): 4:59am On Jul 29, 2016
nobody, pls can you kindly give details on train ride to lagos from venue.
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by pillarmaria(m): 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2017
Please how can I locate a train going to Benue state from port Harcourt?
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by pillarmaria(m): 12:44am On Apr 23, 2017
kelvin1191:
The train derailed at Utonkom with the LOCO and three coaches affected

This rail bus brought workers from Enugu to rail the train and convey passengers to Enugu

Please where is the train station in port Harcourt/Rivers state?

I wish to travel to benue
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 7:32am On Apr 23, 2017
pillarmaria:

Please where is the train station in port Harcourt/Rivers state?

I wish to travel to benue
around Lagos round-about. opp police children school
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by pillarmaria(m): 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2017
kelvin1191:

around Lagos round-about. opp police children school

Thanks bro..... Hope the system is still very functional cos I intend going to Benue by train soonest
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 5:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
pillarmaria:

Thanks bro..... Hope the system is still very functional cos I intend going to Benue by train soonest

they used to run twice a week Tuesday and Thursday to north.
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by pillarmaria(m): 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
kelvin1191:

they used to run twice a week Tuesday and Thursday to north.
OK thanks alot
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by EMPERO247(m): 2:37pm On Apr 24, 2017
kelvin1191:

Wake up bro! Take a trip to the station. Can you help post some pix? Quote me with ur whatsapp no let me send some pix

Please is there a train network from Lafia to Nasarawa ?
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by kelvin1191(m): 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
EMPERO247:

there are open stations at agyaragu(3_5 min) lafia (15 min waiting time) mada(3_5min) gudi(3_5min) moroa(3_5min) all in nassarawa state
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by EMPERO247(m): 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2017
kelvin1191:

there are open stations at agyaragu(3_5 min) lafia (15 min waiting time) mada(3_5min) gudi(3_5min) moroa(3_5min) all in nassarawa state

Would like to have a chat with you sir either by email or anyway sir
thanks
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by ELITE12(m): 1:09pm On Jan 11, 2018
EMPERO247:

Did u make you the trip,
If yes how much it cost
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by EMPERO247(m): 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2018
ELITE12:

Did u make you the trip,
If yes how much it cost

No I did not
Re: My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ by Pengician(m): 2:28pm On Apr 18, 2018
I
Might
Try
This
One
Day.
Maybe from PortHarcourt to Aba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: / Akwa Ibom Smart Airport Terminal Nears Completion (Pictures) / 2 U.S Army Helicopters Crash Within 48 Hours, Killing Soldiers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.