Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,768 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. (62104 Views)

Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics / 7 Things Only University Final Year Students Can Properly Relate To. / 10 Nigerian Universities With The Best Graduates In The Work Place By (ajahexcel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by haibe(m): 7:30am On May 15, 2015
Nigerian Defence Academy
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by kent79: 7:30am On May 15, 2015
bilms:
National Open University of Nigeria. Can your school beat that?

Op, I think that assertion is limited to ur own state. Visit Ogun State, Abeokuta to be precise and u will see many secondary school leavers studying at NOUN.

I pray they won't join d flock of unemployed graduates when they graduate.
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by MrKIZITO(m): 7:48am On May 15, 2015
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by headtik: 7:55am On May 15, 2015
Nice Tab

Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by mumuto: 7:55am On May 15, 2015
I dey noun and am unemployed. embarassed
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by solarview(m): 8:04am On May 15, 2015
JOBA3:

National Open University of Nigeria
OK..I thought Noun as in that of a name of person, animal, place or.....

N.O.U.N... that one you are talk about...they run on ANDROID... (OS) gringrin
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by Damselnoni(f): 8:04am On May 15, 2015
Mcbussy:

The NOUN students I know smoke weed all day, everyday... no lectures... I guess that's a Job too. grin

With that example, I will never trust a NOUN graduate with a cleaning job in my company.

you no well o.na my school and colleagues you dey yab like that abi?Godwin o.

2 Likes

Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by SilentCrescendo: 8:04am On May 15, 2015
doskie:

I made the 100th like. im so proud.

We all are so proud of you for making the 100th like

1 Like

Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by JOBA3(m): 8:09am On May 15, 2015
prestige2013:

Your course of study--- I believe its Business because for Practical n life Oriented courses like Medicine , Pharmacy, Engineering and Architecture etc... I doubt if it could be possible learning without Classroom.

I stand to be Corrected.
Prestige.

True talk, practical courses are often affiliated to conventional universities. Even students projects/thesis are supervised by lecturers from conventional universities

2 Likes

Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by Alexandro2(m): 8:18am On May 15, 2015
Elder statemen university
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by akubudejud(m): 8:20am On May 15, 2015
The National Open University of Nigeria is an Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution, the first of its kind in the West African sub-region. The university has an exciting platform where learning is not only easily accessible, but also affordable.

The vibrant university, at present, has 54 study centres spread across the nation. It has a student population of over 120, 000. The university is also recording landmark achievements. It was recently rated 7th position among universities in Nigeria and 86th position out of the 100 universities in Africa by Webometric International. In addition, NOUN was given the European Quality Award in Education 2011 at Oxford, UK, among others. Indeed, the university is well prepared for you...

School of Science and Technology

School of Agricultural Sciences

School of Law

School of Education

School of Health Sciences

School of Management Sciences

School of Arts and Social Sciences

Centre for Life-Long Learning and Workplace Training

School of Postgraduate Studies

Access and General Studies

Centre for Lifelong Learning & Workplace Training

.While wishing you a pleasurable and rewarding time as you study in NOUN, let me tell you that the rewards of hard work are many. So, keep this at the back of your mind as you go about translating your big dreams into reality.

Vice Chancellor's Prof. Vincent A. Tenebe

2 Likes

Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by neonet(m): 8:21am On May 15, 2015

Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by EzeeYFB(m): 8:24am On May 15, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Not perfectly true,but no doubt majority of NOUN's students-cum-graduates are either employed before enrolment or they seek to be while studying,and its easier 'cos its a part-time program and they get to meet many company 'bosses' and high profiled workers in same school too.
not part-time per se,just flexible learning that gives you time to work too,get d needed experience b4 u graduate.

1 Like

Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by BHAMBA: 8:37am On May 15, 2015
grin grin
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by Omotayor123(f): 8:49am On May 15, 2015
The school was actually meant for working Adult....
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by akubudejud(m): 8:52am On May 15, 2015
EzeeYFB:
not part-time per se,just flexible learning that gives you time to work too,get d needed experience b4 u graduate.

NOUN programs are not part-time programs at all.....Because you are allowed to go home/work everyday does not make it so!

It is flexible though but time demanding even more than you have free time in our normal campuses.

I bet you if you can not organize yourself well to study, plan your schedule and be current with the latest things you may likely not graduate,

My first and second degree in a conventional university compare to another PG degree I Finished from NOUN does not suggest in any area that is a part-time program, in fact the nomenclature is not designed so,it is just a generalized view of the people (outsiders).

Simple advice! If you can't read(study) don't apply to NOUN because you will be disappointed!

It is well!!
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by Rhoteabarca(m): 8:52am On May 15, 2015
With dis big lie ehn. D thunder wey go fire u still dey do press-up!
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:03am On May 15, 2015
Big lie, I know about two young persons one living with her sis n the other living with her mom who school at NOUN
bilms:
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by Frankaka8(m): 9:06am On May 15, 2015
bilms:
70% of Open University students are without job when they started...But mostly all have job before they complete their program
where did you get such analysis and source?
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by killercute16(m): 9:25am On May 15, 2015
osazee12:
NDA
SMBODY GV THIS GUY A MILLION DOLLARS
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by 1GIG: 10:00am On May 15, 2015
Una deey taLk nonsense...noun is one of the ( best ) african skooL go and checK very weL, some ppLe just deey yhan bash...which skooL that is very easy to be employed ? Na your skoooL ?..d skooL uses computer which employment is really base on asiin d skoooL is very quaLified, thumbs up to their graduates

1 Like

Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by bantex4u: 10:11am On May 15, 2015
nigerian police academy
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:17am On May 15, 2015
bilms:
You are seriously getting it wrong at OP, am a 300level accounting student of National Open University Of Nigeria and am a big time successful entrepreneur. Come and see student of NOUN when they are writing exam you would think they are auctioning cars, not just cars big cars. And most of which are official cars from big companies and government firms in nigeria.
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:26am On May 15, 2015
famuyiwa07:

You are seriously getting it wrong at OP, am a 300level accounting student of National Open University Of Nigeria and am a big time successful entrepreneur. Come and see student of NOUN when they are writing exam you would think they are auctioning cars, not just cars big cars. And most of which are official cars from big companies and government firms in nigeria.
Don't get it wrong at OP go and conduct your research well, over 80% of NOUN student are working class. And do you really know how much it cost to study @NOUN. NOUN still remain the most expensive federal UNI. sad
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:12am On May 15, 2015
Do they go 4 service?
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by Ephemmm: 11:28am On May 15, 2015
Mcbussy:

The NOUN students I know smoke weed all day, everyday... no lectures... I guess that's a Job too. grin

With that example, I will never trust a NOUN graduate with a cleaning job in my company.

So, your school didn't have those students who smoke weeds and some students wey no dey attend lecture? It is high time you wake up from your slumber.

1 Like

Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by weselomo(m): 11:40am On May 15, 2015
i represent NOUNITE
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by teabully(m): 11:51am On May 15, 2015
@ op u so daft, Noun ko, pronoun nii, it either NDA or the nigerian Police Academy, after ur 4 or 5yr programme in dos Academy, employment is certain for u.

1 Like

Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by Tex42(m): 12:30pm On May 15, 2015
ibrokola:

I believe they have no unemployed graduates because majority of their undergraduates and applicants were employed before they came to further their education at the institution!
spot on.. It's as simple as you've said.

2 Likes

Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 15, 2015
YOUR INCOME VS YOUR EXPENSES.
If I ask you how many are your regular expenses, you may not be able to give an instant answer until you pick up a pen and list them. Why? They are very many! And that is just the regular and predictable ones. How about the unforeseen ones? What if I also ask, how many sources of income do you have? Will it take so long before you answer? No! Why? Not as many. May be just one or two. Again, how often and at what rate does your present source(s) grow? Is it corresponding to the rate and how often your expenses show up? Mostly no! The reality is that while expenses come uninvited, you must take conscious effort before income comes. Living has costs! That is why you hear cost of living. What are you doing at the moment to increase your income level? In a country where almost all infrastructures are provided by the individuals, you can be sure that it is not safe to depend on one income or sit and not do anything to augment your income. While it is normal to blame the government as we always do, has that in anyway changed the situation? No! Someone says the new government will change all that. Well I hope so too. That was how we have been hoping since 1999 and seriously we should keep hope alive. But while we do that, age is counting and responsibilities are mounting. I was a teenager in 1999, now I'm a father! If this new administration will usher in our age-long elusive desires I will be so glad. But, suppose they are there for the next 8years and they fail like previous ones! How old would I be by 2023? God forbid the situation remains as it is in our public universities. Will you be able to afford the cost of private school education for your children by then? If you say you will manage the public universities like that for your children not minding the incessant strikes, what of the challenge of securing admission? Even public universities education is getting costly for the average Nigerian. While we pray, lets take some steps. May God bless our efforts. Amen. What inspired this write up? I just got alerted on my UBA account from my second income as I do every two weeks and it's open to every interested person. It costs me N3,000 to start but God is using it to help me gradually. Thanks for reading.
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by ibrokola(m): 12:37pm On May 15, 2015
UnimkeAk:

You believe ba?
So wat happens to the minority.

See that's y u aint employed;
Keep on believing.
Me unemployed? You wish! Yes I was once unemployed and underemployed and so I understand what my fellow youth who are unemployed are going through! That I'm blessed with a job I love does not mean I should turn a blind eye to the plight of others like you do!
Re: The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. by Mcbussy(m): 12:52pm On May 15, 2015
Ephemmm:

So, your school didn't have those students who smoke weeds and some students wey no dey attend lecture? It is high time you wake up from your slumber.

Sure, my school had pple like that too in my days... But most of them didn't graduate.

That's d difference between my school and NOUN wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Queen's College Student Fixed Eyelashes "For School Play" / I Regretted Going To University / JAMB Cutoff Mark Is Out: See 10 Most Sought After Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.