Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,549 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects (2680 Views)

Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? / 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication / Is It A Crime Not To Believe In Any Of The Holy Book? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects by Bakrabas: 9:05am On May 14, 2015
One evangelist said "the Holy Bible is the only book on earth today that, can give mankind the much needed Eternal Salvation, quoting 2Timothy 3:16 as a proof. 

Hmmm, I wonder if these so called "Bible Thumpers" have ever taken their time to read their Bible from "Cover to Cover" or "Genesis to Revelation" rather. 

Within my limited time, I want to establish three undebatable facts, to logically and rationally substantiate my Proof "why the Bible can never be a complete word of God" 

Number1, The Bible, in the book of Obadiah,1:1 of KJV reports that, a RUMOUR is being heard from God. What a calculated insult on His Majesty! Even, when I was in Primary school, my teacher taught me that "RUMOURS ARE CARRIED BY HATERS, SPREAD BY FOOLS, AND ACCEPTED BY IDIOTS." 

Number2, Contradictions and inconsistencies mar all versions of the Bible, including most original manuscripts.

The Jehovah Witnesses, in their "AWAKE MAGAZINE" of 1957 edition, revealed that, "There are 50,000 errors in the Bible" while, the 32 eminent scholars of the Bible, with the cooperating 52 denominations reported at the preface of Revised Standard Version (RSV), that, "the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible has grave defects, and the defects are so many and so serious as to call for revision" This is shocking and sensational. WHAT A BOMBSHELL !

Number3, The Bible contains many ill-befitting attributes of God:

(1) Smoke and fire went out of God's nostrils and mouth respectively.-2Samuel,22:7-9;

(2) God came down to see the city and the tower built by men.-Genesis,11:5;

(3) After creating the Heavens & the Earth for six days, God became tired, weak and exhausted. He (God) therefore rested and was refreshed.-Exodus,31:17;

(4) God created a female without breasts in the Bible.-Song of Solomon,8:8;

God says in the Bible, "...you cannot see my face, for no one shall see me and live" -Exodus,33:20 

"Thus, the LORD used to speak to Moses, FACE to FACE, as a man speaks to his friend" -Exodus,33:11.

"So, Jacob called the name of the place Peniel, saying "I have seen God FACE to FACE, yet my life is preserved" -Genesis,32:30.
Re: The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects by Ewizard(m): 9:18am On May 14, 2015
who cares...

Re: The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects by nairalife2013(m): 9:22am On May 14, 2015
Kids misunderstanding elders' words since 1820. Smoke from God's nostril; rumours heard from God; God came down to see the city biult by men...

Dont kill yur self reasoning biblical statements: The word is a double-edge sword! Itz not for kids to understand nor is it for those without Godly spirit. Take a deep breath and continue trying... help wil com. Gudluk

3 Likes

Re: The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects by ginawest(f): 9:28am On May 14, 2015
who r u to jugde God's words?
Re: The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects by tartar9(m): 9:31am On May 14, 2015
an Holy book with unknown writers
Re: The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects by menesheh(m): 9:33am On May 14, 2015
The Bible is one of the ancient books and should be Treated like others of it kind. We Should never allow it to dictate our moral and ethical values. Stone age men wanted to overrate their cultural deity but ended up ridiculing, blaspheming and making a jest of it all.

Some verses in the Bible contained some useful literatures and poetry, those useful ones should be excerpted for daily use in our schools, presentations etc while the barbaric and horrible ones should be kept for future references.

3 Likes

Re: The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects by dulux07(m): 9:34am On May 14, 2015
Ignorance undecided, even if u want to argue, do ur researh thoroughly, dont come here and start typing nonsense or better still jst keep quiet n keep ur belief to yourself.@op and person directly above me.
Re: The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects by Bakrabas: 9:36am On May 14, 2015
can't we just reason together. the words of God shouldn't be tampered with. the words of God were written by God and there were no versions.

watch out for Queen James version of bible (aka gay bible) is that also the world of God

#letsreasontogether
Re: The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects by menesheh(m): 9:37am On May 14, 2015
nairalife2013:
Kids misunderstanding elders' words since 1820. Smoke from God's nostril; rumours heard from God; God came down to see the city biult by men...

Dont kill yur self reasoning biblical statements: The word is a double-edge sword! Itz not for kids to understand nor is it for those without Godly spirit. Take a deep breath and continue trying... help wil com. Gudluk

Do u take the bible as literally true?
Re: The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects by adebayour26: 9:47am On May 14, 2015
It takes d holyspirit to decipher/understand d things of d spirit. I don't blame you @Op...you will be healed.

2 Likes

Re: The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects by Scholar8200(m): 11:50am On May 14, 2015
Bakrabas:

Number1, The Bible, in the book of Obadiah,1:1 of KJV reports that, a RUMOUR is being heard from God. What a calculated insult on His Majesty! Even, when I was in Primary school, my teacher taught me that "RUMOURS ARE CARRIED BY HATERS, SPREAD BY FOOLS, AND ACCEPTED BY IDIOTS." 
The issue you have is that the Authorised version was derived from the ancient texts in 1611. Not all english words used then exist today. Some still do but their semantic field/spellings may not exactly be the same.
Obadiah 1 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Coming Judgment on Edom
1 The vision of Obadiah.
Thus says the Lord God concerning Edom
(We have heard a report from the Lord,
And a messenger has been sent among the nations, saying,
“Arise, and let us rise up against her for battle”):

Number2, Contradictions and inconsistencies mar all versions of the Bible, including most original manuscripts.

The Jehovah Witnesses, in their "AWAKE MAGAZINE" of 1957 edition, revealed that, "There are 50,000 errors in the Bible" while, the 32 eminent scholars of the Bible, with the cooperating 52 denominations reported at the preface of Revised Standard Version (RSV), that, "the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible has grave defects, and the defects are so many and so serious as to call for revision" This is shocking and sensational. WHAT A BOMBSHELL !
Do me a favor;since you have an access to the quote of the 32 scholars, specify some of those 'defects'. I am not surprised the JWs will say that. They are not even true followers of Christ! At least they exalt the words of their leader more than that of Christ.

Number3, The Bible contains many ill-befitting attributes of God:
God Is Who He reveals Himself to be and not our conceptualization or expectation of what we 'expect' Him to be except we would forge our own gods!

(2) God came down to see the city and the tower built by men.-Genesis,11:5;
Just like He came down to deliver the children of Israel.
Exodus3:7,8 "And the Lord said: “I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows. 8 So I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians," What ethics or code of office did He violate here that makes it "un-befitting"

(3) After creating the Heavens & the Earth for six days, God became tired, weak and exhausted. He (God) therefore rested and was refreshed.-Exodus,31:17;
The highlighted was your addition/opinion. I dont find that in the reference you quoted!

(4) God created a female without breasts in the Bible.-Song of Solomon,8:8;
As regards the highlighted and point 3, its not best that you include your own embellishments where non exists just to score a point!

God says in the Bible, "...you cannot see my face, for no one shall see me and live" -Exodus,33:20 

"Thus, the LORD used to speak to Moses, FACE to FACE, as a man speaks to his friend" -Exodus,33:11.
It's good you already helped by the first verse you quoted! The second will be better understood when you see Numbers 12:8
8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

"So, Jacob called the name of the place Peniel, saying "I have seen God FACE to FACE, yet [/b]my life is preserved" -Genesis,32:30. 
The highlighted is meant to be 'and' not 'yet'. In the bible times and today, prayer was also called seeking God's face symbolically waiting on Him to experience His favour. Hear God speak in 2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and [b]seek my face,
and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." Jacob prayed all through the night, went through a struggle with a personality and broke through,in prayer,to the answer he sought hence the declaration.
Other passages talks of seeking Him and finding Him not meaning they found Him physically but they obtained from Him what they sought.
2 Chronicles 15:15
15 And all Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought Him with their whole desire; and He was found of them: and the Lord gave them rest round about.

2 Likes

Re: The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 14, 2015
2 Samuel 22: 9 - "Smoke rose from his nostrils" Maybe Yahweh was smoking sheesha - who knows? grin

BTW; below are my most favourite biblical contradictions

1.) Exodus 34:7 says - Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

But Contrary to this, the Book of Ezekiel (18:20) says, “Son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him”.

2.) According to mathew 16:27-28; (For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom)

This statement has definitely been wrongly attributed to Jesus, because all those "standing here", died nearly two thousand years ago, and none of them saw the Son of Man coming into his kingdom.

3.) In Mathew 10:23; Jesus said - But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Again this is obviously wrong as the disciples have, long, long ago, done their duty of going over the cities of Israel, but the Son of Man never came with his kingdom.

4.) It is said in John 3:13 that (And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven).

This is also incorrect, as is evident from Genesis 5:24 (Enoch Ascended) and 2 Kings 2:11 (Elijah Ascended).

5.) Genesis 17:1 says: I am the Almighty God; While in Judges 1:19 we read this statement: And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

God, who is not powerful enough to drive out people simply because they had chariots of iron, cannot claim to be Almighty.

1 Like

Re: The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects by Scholar8200(m): 4:52pm On May 14, 2015
Zoharariel:
BTW; below are my most favourite biblical contradictions

1.) Exodus 34:7 says - Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

But Contrary to this, the Book of Ezekiel (18:20) says, “Son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him”.
No contradiction there!
Let's see Ezekiel 18:14-19
14 Now, lo, if he beget a son, that seeth all his father’s sins which he hath done, and considereth, and doeth not such like, 15 that hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, hath not defiled his neighbour’s wife, 16 neither hath oppressed any, hath not withholden the pledge, neither hath spoiled by violence, but hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment,... hath walked in my statutes; he shall not die for the iniquity of his father, he shall surely live. 18 As for his father, because he cruelly oppressed, spoiled his brother by violence, and did that which is not good among his people, lo, even he shall die in his iniquity.
19 Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live.
Meaning the judgement will be carried forward only if the son continues in the father's sins. God is also a God of Justice hence Exodus 34:7 is not in spite of the son's endeavour to live right.

2.) According to mathew 16:27-28; (For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom)

This statement has definitely been wrongly attributed to Jesus, because all those "standing here", died nearly two thousand years ago, and none of them saw the Son of Man coming into his kingdom.
The clarity of that verse hangs on the word 'see'. It implies vision- an activity for the eyes only . Compare this to the actual experience described in Matthew 25:31-34,"
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father;[b] take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you [/b]since the creation of the world.
The reference in Matthew 16:28 spoke about seeing; not the same as possessing or partaking. Peter described and underscored this in 2 Peter 1:16-17
16 For we did not follow cleverly devised stories [b]when we told you about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in power, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. [/b]17 He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” 18 We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.

3.) In Mathew 10:23; Jesus said - But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Again this is obviously wrong as the disciples have, long, long ago, done their duty of going over the cities of Israel, but the Son of Man never came with his kingdom.
The context of that quote is made clearer by Luke 10:1
After this the Lord appointed seventy-two[a] others [b]and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go
. Meaning they were directed to go to places He intended on visiting as well. Else it should have been reiterated in Mark 16:15

4.) It is said in John 3:13 that (And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven).

This is also incorrect, as is evident from Genesis 5:24 (Enoch Ascended) and 2 Kings 2:11 (Elijah Ascended).
Would you mind quoting Genesis 5:24 and graciously highlight the words in parentheses? Abel, Seth... Abraham...Thief on the Cross all went to Paradise (Third Heaven 2 Corinth 12:2,4) they either died and went there or were caught up. The passage you quoted speaks of Heaven Matthew 5:34b where God's Throne is; no record of any man being there before redemption through Christ.

5.) Genesis 17:1 says: I am the Almighty God; While in Judges 1:19 we read this statement: And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

God, who is not powerful enough to drive out people simply because they had chariots of iron, cannot claim to be Almighty.
In the days of Moses the people refused to continue because of giants inspite of assurance from Caleb & Joshua of God's ability to grant victory; the time of Joshua the Israelites feared chariots of iron Joshua 17:16; The highlighted was not attributed to God being unable rather it points to the unbelief of the people mentioned afterall see:
Judges 4:3,14,15,23
3 Because he had nine hundred chariots fitted with iron and had cruelly oppressed the Israelites for twenty years, they cried to the Lord for help.
7 I will lead Sisera, the commander of Jabin’s army, with his chariots and his troops to the Kishon River and give him into your hands.’”

13 Sisera summoned from Harosheth Haggoyim to the Kishon River[b] all his men and his nine hundred chariots fitted with iron.[/b]

14 Then Deborah said to Barak, “Go! This is the day the Lord has given Sisera into your hands. Has not the Lord gone ahead of you?” So Barak went down Mount Tabor, with ten thousand men following him.
At Barak’s advance, the Lord routed Sisera and all his chariots and army by the sword, and Sisera got down from his chariot and fled on foot.

16[b] Barak pursued the chariots and army as far as Harosheth Haggoyim, and all Sisera’s troops fell by the sword;

23 On that day God subdued Jabin king of Canaan before the Israelites.[/b] God only goes with us as far as our faith!

1 Like

Re: The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects by malvisguy212: 6:05pm On May 14, 2015
Scholar8200:
No contradiction there!
Let's see Ezekiel 18:14-19
14 Now, lo, if he beget a son, that seeth all his father’s sins which he hath done, and considereth, and doeth not such like, 15 that hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, hath not defiled his neighbour’s wife, 16 neither hath oppressed any, hath not withholden the pledge, neither hath spoiled by violence, but hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment,... hath walked in my statutes; he shall not die for the iniquity of his father, he shall surely live. 18 As for his father, because he cruelly oppressed, spoiled his brother by violence, and did that which is not good among his people, lo, even he shall die in his iniquity.
19 Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live.
Meaning the judgement will be carried forward only if the son continues in the father's sins. God is also a God of Justice hence Exodus 34:7 is not in spite of the son's endeavour to live right.

The clarity of that verse hangs on the word 'see'. It implies vision- an activity for the eyes only . Compare this to the actual experience described in Matthew 25:31-34,"
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you [/b]since the creation of the world.
The reference in Matthew 16:28 spoke about seeing; not the same as possessing or partaking. Peter described and underscored this in 2 Peter 1:16-17
16 For we did not follow cleverly devised stories [b]when we told you about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in power, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. [/b]17 He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”[b] 18 We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.

The context of that quote is made clearer by Luke 10:1
After this the Lord appointed seventy-two[a] others [b]and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go
. Meaning they were directed to go to places He intended on visiting as well. Else it should have been reiterated in Mark 16:15

Would you mind quoting Genesis 5:24 and graciously highlight the words in parentheses? Abel, Seth... Abraham...Thief on the Cross all went to Paradise (Third Heaven 2 Corinth 12:2,4) they either died and went there or were caught up. The passage you quoted speaks of Heaven Matthew 5:34b where God's Throne is; no record of any man being there before redemption through Christ.
In the days of Moses the people refused to continue because of giants inspite of assurance from Caleb & Joshua of God's ability to grant victory; the time of Joshua the Israelites feared chariots of iron Joshua 17:16; The highlighted was not attributed to God being unable rather it points to the unbelief of the people mentioned afterall see:
Judges 4:3,14,15,23
3 Because he had nine hundred chariots fitted with iron and had cruelly oppressed the Israelites for twenty years, they cried to the Lord for help.
7 I will lead Sisera, the commander of Jabin’s army, with his chariots and his troops to the Kishon River and give him into your hands.’”

13 Sisera summoned from Harosheth Haggoyim to the Kishon River[b] all his men and his nine hundred chariots fitted with iron.[/b]

14 Then Deborah said to Barak, “Go! This is the day the Lord has given Sisera into your hands. Has not the Lord gone ahead of you?” So Barak went down Mount Tabor, with ten thousand men following him.
At Barak’s advance, the Lord routed Sisera and all his chariots and army by the sword, and Sisera got down from his chariot and fled on foot.

16[b] Barak pursued the chariots and army as far as Harosheth Haggoyim, and all Sisera’s troops fell by the sword;

23 On that day God subdued Jabin king of Canaan before the Israelites.[/b] God only goes with us as far as our faith!
Weldon brother, lovely reply. Nice to have you around.
Re: The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects by Scholar8200(m): 6:27pm On May 14, 2015
malvisguy212:
Weldon brother, lovely reply. Nice to have you around.
Glory to God.
Re: The Holy Book That Contains 50,000 Errors And Defects by Anas09: 10:19pm On May 17, 2015
The guys a duff my hat for in this NL. Ifeann, thruthman, Malvis, dolphinheart. Scholar.Ha they r many ooo. U guys make me so proud. Weldone. Keep the fire burning.

(1) (Reply)

Man Without Head Walks On The Street VIDEO / Why Deceive Yourselves, No Nigerian Can Go To Heaven / Can God Have A Son?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.