Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Man Marries Off 8-year-old Daughter - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Man Marries Off 8-year-old Daughter (1003 Views)

A Xtian Lady Ask Zakir Naik Why Do Muslims Marries 4 Wives / Saudi Islamic Preacher Raped And Tortured His 5-year-old Daughter To Death' / 70-year-old Man Marries 15-year-old In Saudi Arabia, Then Complains To Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Marries Off 8-year-old Daughter by amebono14: 12:42pm On Feb 09, 2009
Traveling the world from my couch to bring you bad parenting news from around the world, I’m Trench Reynolds for Parents Behaving Badly.

Today we travel to Suadi Arabia to bring you a bad parenting story of epic proportions. They may be one of the richest countries in the world but all the money in the world can’t buy you common sense.

I’m sure you’ve seen the headlines about this story, a so-called father married away his daugter away to a 47-year-old man that the ‘father’ owed debts to. Not so unusual right? I mean arranged marriages happen all the time in the Middle East. Except the fact that the girl is only 8 years old.

The girl’s mother took the case to court but since the couple were separated the ‘judge’, Sheikh Habib Abdallah al-Habib Hasenfefer Corporated, ruled that the marriage stands.

It’s ok though because the judge asked, not ordered but asked, that the man give a pledge that the marriage won’t be consummated until the girl reaches puberty. Well, that makes it all better doesn’t it?

With all that money you’d think the country could afford to but itself into at least the latter part of the 20th century. What father in their right mind would give away their 8-year-old daughter to another man because of some ridiculous debt. Don’t they give goats and camels anymore?

http://www.parentsbehavingbadly.com/2008/12/25/saudi-man-marries-off-8-year-old-daughter/
Re: Man Marries Off 8-year-old Daughter by Riskie(f): 6:38pm On Feb 09, 2009
;d

(1) (Reply)

Can You Borrow (halal) Money Because Of This? / Ramadan Proves Logicboy Right! Exceptions And Rules In Islam. (olympics) / How To Fall In Love With A Islamist Woman ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.