Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Can You Borrow (halal) Money Because Of This? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can You Borrow (halal) Money Because Of This? (1006 Views)

The Love Charm (halal And Haram) / 10 Principles Of Halal And Haram In Islam / Is Bank And Cooperative Loans Haram Or Halal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Borrow (halal) Money Because Of This? by busar(m): 12:06pm On Oct 23, 2016
As salaamu alaykum, considering the rate of unmarried brothers and sisters in our society,it is worrisome to see a fully grown brother or sister getting close to 30yrs or above without a Zawj. Do you really think it's ideal to borrow money to do nikkah or let me say can you borrow money to do nikkah?
Note : the money I'm talking about here is an interest free loan. And also I assumed the said person has a job but didn't have a good sum of money to finalise the nikkah process..

Re: Can You Borrow (halal) Money Because Of This? by baba11(m): 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2016
Islam has made it simpler for us.But if you want to host people to do party in a bigger way,there's nothing wrong with it in as much as it is done within the ambit of what the deen stipulated i.e NO WASTEFUL and HARAM spending!!!!

cc:busar

kazrem

aminat508

Omotayor123

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Borrow (halal) Money Because Of This? by busar(m): 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2016
baba11:
hgu
you mean
Re: Can You Borrow (halal) Money Because Of This? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
wa alaykum salaam, there is nothing wrong with taking halal loan to process nikkah, it was narrated in tirmidhi by Abu hurayrah that;

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “There are three who are all eligible to Allaah’s assistance: the one who fights for the sake of Allaah; the mukaatab who wants to pay (the price of his freedom); and the one who gets married seeking chastity.”

The hadeeth was classed hasan by Al-Albanee, this hadeeth is also found in nasai and ibn maajah books of hadeeths.

it was also narrated in Bukhari that, "whoever takes people's money and intends to pay his debt back Allaah will help in paying it"

but if you don't have any means to get the money and pay back, then it is makrooh(highly disliked) to collect it, because the responsibility of debt is so so great such that a martyr would be forgiven for everything except his debt.

and Allaah knows best.
Re: Can You Borrow (halal) Money Because Of This? by busar(m): 7:40pm On Oct 24, 2016
It's quite unfortunate that people borrow money for haram things most times like burial ceremonies and the likes.And most people see nothing wrong in that. But when someone raise the issue of borrowing money for nikkah, you would start hearing things like 'is it necessary you get married, why can't you wait? blablabla...'
Allah's Aid is sought!
Re: Can You Borrow (halal) Money Because Of This? by busar(m): 7:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
baba11:
Islam has made it simpler for us.But if you want to host people to do party in a bigger way,there's nothing wrong with it in as much as it is done within the ambit of what the deen stipulated i.e NO WASTEFUL and HARAM spending!!!!

Omotayor123
I was referring to the merry aspects of it. Things like good accommodation, putting some things in place etc....

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Prayer That Is Never Answered / I Stand With Sharifah Yunus / What Is The True Colour Of Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.