Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja (33189 Views)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Construction Pictures Of A 5 Bedroom Bungalow With A Pent House / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by eghosajohnny: 12:06am On May 20, 2015
Since you like this design I think the rest is up to you to decide how it goes and since you are using aluminium it will reduce a bit fromthe 13.7 I stated

For more on this I will advice. You make time and call me so I can put it to your understanding

Call numbers 07014709098,07031886484
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by Jamesqu(m): 5:22am On May 20, 2015
cc: Graceovereffort

If you follow any of the quotes given so far, you have entered one chance.

Don't be naive and nothing comes cheap. To get an adequate quote for your house, follow the steps below:

1. Sketch out your floor thoughts, a rough drawing of the layout of the floor plan you will love. Take into consideration the flow from room to room.

2. Engage an architect. He must have ARCON stamp because you will need that with the approving authorities. For archi, structural, mechanical and electrical drawing the range is from 50k to 1M depending on the archi, the firm, your bargaining power and the location. You must sit with him to ensure he doesn't over design, otherwise when you are building the cost will sky rocket.

You should also have the architect and/or structural engineer visit the location to determine the type of foundation you will require. They may or may not propose a soil test for you base don their findings. either way, ask them why or why not they make recommendation for either of.

3. Do not promise him the building supervision otherwise he will design his desired building for you.

4. Once you get your drawings, engage a quantity surveyor for an estimate (BoQ). They do this for between 10k and 60k. His job is also to analyse the drawings a bit to ensure that "common sense" wise, it is structurally efficient. He will give you a first line estimate, then later request for the material and labour schedule of the BoQ. Try and get an understanding of the BoQ, ask questions from the QS on the quantites he's proposing...why this much sand, why 12mm rod etc.

5. Do not promise him the building supervision, otherwise he will pad it with extra hidden costs. Do not argue with the BoQ either, it is only a guide.

6. Get as many builders as you have access to. Give them the drawings. tell them to present the estimate to complete (ask for material and labour breakdown too). Some will be higher, some will be lower, some will be almost the BoQ. Don't make a decision who to engage yet.

7. try to get references of the builders, if they have sites they are working on, visit such sites...look at their workmanship, the level of quality finishing (not the chandelier o), plastering, block laying etc.

8. make the decision on who to engage based on the BoQ and the references or sites you have visited.

If the quote is too low, he is setting a trap for you...if it is too high, maybe he worked for JB once!

At the end of the day, if you make the decision without sentiments, you should get your house at around the BoQ of the QS +/- 10%. Assuming you engage these people thoroughly.

Final point, never give to a barber the work for a carpenter...never give to a mechanic the work of a surgeon. These trades are different skill sets and are set apart for a reason by oyinbo people.

Hope this helps, I just got tired of seeing people asking for quotes of buildings anyhow...anything you ask anyhow, you will get anyhow answers.

Be scientific and systematic in your research.

15 Likes

Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by brabus(m): 5:39am On May 20, 2015
^^^
The Oracle have spoken!
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by semitunde: 12:55pm On May 20, 2015
^^^^
^^^^

And he's honestly on point.

1 Like

Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by ceasare: 6:38pm On May 20, 2015
Jamesqu:
Don't be naive and nothing comes cheap. To get an adequate quote for your house, follow the steps below:
1. Sketch out your floor thoughts, a rough drawing of the layout of the floor plan you will love. Take into consideration the flow from room to room.
2. Engage an architect. He must have ARCON stamp because you will need that with the approving authorities. For archi, structural, mechanical and electrical drawing the range is from 50k to 1M depending on the archi, the firm, your bargaining power and the location. You must sit with him to ensure he doesn't over design, otherwise when you are building the cost will sky rocket.
You should also have the architect and/or structural engineer visit the location to determine the type of foundation you will require. They may or may not propose a soil test for you base don their findings. either way, ask them why or why not they make recommendation for either of.
3. Do not promise him the building supervision otherwise he will design his desired building for you.
4. Once you get your drawings, engage a quantity surveyor for an estimate (BoQ). They do this for between 10k and 60k. His job is also to analyse the drawings a bit to ensure that "common sense" wise, it is structurally efficient. He will give you a first line estimate, then later request for the material and labour schedule of the BoQ. Try and get an understanding of the BoQ, ask questions from the QS on the quantites he's proposing...why this much sand, why 12mm rod etc.
5. Do not promise him the building supervision, otherwise he will pad it with extra hidden costs. Do not argue with the BoQ either, it is only a guide.
6. Get as many builders as you have access to. Give them the drawings. tell them to present the estimate to complete (ask for material and labour breakdown too). Some will be higher, some will be lower, some will be almost the BoQ. Don't make a decision who to engage yet.
7. try to get references of the builders, if they have sites they are working on, visit such sites...look at their workmanship, the level of quality finishing (not the chandelier o), plastering, block laying etc.
8. make the decision on who to engage based on the BoQ and the references or sites you have visited.
If the quote is too low, he is setting a trap for you...if it is too high, maybe he worked for JB once!
At the end of the day, if you make the decision without sentiments, you should get your house at around the BoQ of the QS +/- 10%. Assuming you engage these people thoroughly.
Final point, never give to a barber the work for a carpenter...never give to a mechanic the work of a surgeon. These trades are different skill sets and are set apart for a reason by oyinbo people.
Hope this helps, I just got tired of seeing people asking for quotes of buildings anyhow...anything you ask anyhow, you will get anyhow answers.

this is the most engaging piece have ever read on NL property section.i tend not to answer request on cost of building property on nairaland section primarily because clients are never sincere and they know what they want from the beginning.they know they have their baba sikira which they intend using for their proposed development and only want to get your input and professional advice to engage him at your expense and if possible wear you out intellectually and at the high point they cease to even communicate with you when the time to break ground arises.
Yes we know the built industry is riddled in loads of crap with people who are not trained or certified to engage in building practices engaging in it by accident or survival instinct and little or no regulatory bodies to check building activities....thats d kinda society we find ourselves

for any would be client just go through at jamesqu writeup engage the necessary professional pay ur dues and get your facts and figures right before embarking on any developments.don't depend on assumed figures brandished at you, the building material market is very volatile and highly unstable......just like madam gabbytabby said "that project cost might just be too cheap or too expensive.its when you start and finish that's when you will know the actual cost of your project".

3 Likes

Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by darenyx(m): 1:52am On May 21, 2015
Jamesqu:

Well spoken brother, well spoken..

Igben Afuevun Darhare....

1 Like

Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by Graceovereffort(f): 6:13pm On May 23, 2015
Well Jamesqu,and competent others, i thank u for advising us all. U really made ur point. But the very essence of me asking is to know even the very least of what we are to expect. I cant go into the field and start engaging proffessionals like dat without an atom of knowledge,my getting honest people depends totally on a miracle. Recently my brother in law got a analyses for 6 bedroom duplex (only block work)without plastering or roofing,of 15m and to be built in Anambra state. There is no way one can make a decision based on the answers gotten here,but from here i can even pretend that i sabi small. Before nairaland, i was completely a novice,and in the same way i intend acquiring every tiny lesson i can before going out.From this very forum i got to know the diff btw plastering sand and cement from others,thats an example of what i mean. So even as ur post was very important,i still want to say that asking here is similar to requiring for guidelines not looking for basis to make final decisions. Thank u

3 Likes

Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by Graceovereffort(f): 6:18pm On May 23, 2015
eghosajohnny:
Since you like this design I think the rest is up to you to decide how it goes and since you are using aluminium it will reduce a bit fromthe 13.7 I stated
For more on this I will advice. You make time and call me so I can put it to your understanding
Call numbers 07014709098,07031886484
OK
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by Graceovereffort(f): 1:15pm On May 26, 2015
shocked
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by eghosajohnny: 9:39am On May 27, 2015
Graceovereffort:
shocked

Let me add to this cos people speak from there experience but the truth what I'm saying concerning the cost of this building will never fail and I want to state them below as follows and if anyone is ok with it and want to build similar its either he contact me or follow the cost as I will be stating them below

For foundation to dpc including german floor:1.7200m
From dpc to decking level: 1.050m
Decking: 1.750m
From decking to rooing level: 1.050m
Parapet, 700k
Supervision, 300k

Or use this

Foundation
9inches blocks: 1500pieces
Granite: 30tons
Sand 15tons. 4trucks
Cement, 120bags
12mm 1/2ton
16mm 1ton
Banding wire 1roll
Planks 30pieces
Laterite 25trucks

Labour to the dpc 350k this will cast the german floor too
Iron bender,30k
Carpenter, 20k
Plumbing, 40k
Supervision 80k

This means will give you the result if you know how to buy materials

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by Sphinxngltd: 11:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
Good evening everyone, I need a design cost to build a 3 bedroom duplex and 2 unit of mini flat on a half plot of land.. with 3 car parking space. thank you.
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by crosz1m: 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
Please how much will it cost me build this house from fundation?[

Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by amagunnerfan: 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
Graceovereffort, how far with your building? Any idea of the total cost ( an estimate ). I am trying to build the same 5 bed room duplex somewhere in Abeokuta and need costing ideas.
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by amtaken(f): 7:19am On Sep 14, 2016
If you wanna build a tastefully finished 5 bedroom duplex with quality doors, granite floor, modern inter locking, quality bathtubs and toilets, shingle roof, quality paint, good fence wire, quality rails, well built kitchen etc you should budget at least N60m.
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by MrPresident1: 8:35am On Sep 14, 2016
amtaken:
If you wanna build a tastefully finished 5 bedroom duplex with quality doors, granite floor, modern inter locking, quality bathtubs and toilets, shingle roof, quality paint, good fence wire, quality rails, well built kitchen etc you should budget at least N60m.

Madam, please build your treasures and mansions in heaven, stop concentrating on the banal things of this fleeting world angry

How baby naw?

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by amtaken(f): 9:19am On Sep 14, 2016
MrPresident1:

Madam, please build your treasures and mansions in heaven, stop concentrating on the banal things of this fleeting world angry

How baby naw?

cheesy grin
so N60m is too big to build a nice 5 bedroom duplex? Smh.
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by MrPresident1: 9:22am On Sep 14, 2016
amtaken:
so N60m is too big to build a nice 5 bedroom duplex? Smh.

Sounds ungodly grin

Concentrate on building your mansions in heaven cool
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by alist(m): 9:31am On Sep 14, 2016
Let us design and build your next building project
Alistdevelopers Ltd, We are certified industrial designers and licensed builders, have over seven years of experience in the design field. All our designs are standard and are quickly approved by Town Planners.

We offer Full Architectural Services :
* Architectural
* Structural
* Electrical
* Mechanical plan
We also offer building construction service and sub-contract work on
*Carpentry service
*Plumbing service etc

Contact us:
https://www.nairaland.com/1826081/needs-dream-home-design
Email alistdevelopers@yahoo.com
Blog alistdevelopers..com.ng
whats app or call us 080-3898-2710
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by twinskenny(m): 9:40am On Sep 14, 2016
crosz1m:
Please how much will it cost me build this house from fundation?[

Nice design

Contact us for the electrical in the nearest future...
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by godwinkessi: 10:28pm On Oct 18, 2016
eghosajohnny:

Let me add to this cos people speak from there experience but the truth what I'm saying concerning the cost of this building will never fail and I want to state them below as follows and if anyone is ok with it and want to build similar its either he contact me or follow the cost as I will be stating them below

For foundation to dpc including german floor:1.7200m
From dpc to decking level: 1.050m
Decking: 1.750m
From decking to rooing level: 1.050m
Parapet, 700k
Supervision, 300k

Or use this

Foundation
9inches blocks: 1500pieces
Granite: 30tons
Sand 15tons. 4trucks
Cement, 120bags
12mm 1/2ton
16mm 1ton
Banding wire 1roll
Planks 30pieces
Laterite 25trucks

Labour to the dpc 350k this will cast the german floor too
Iron bender,30k
Carpenter, 20k
Plumbing, 40k
Supervision 80k

This means will give you the result if you know how to buy materials

Bro pls I'm sorry I'm asking after a year .., will the price be enough?
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by EngrOsas: 11:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Graceovereffort, how far with your building? Any idea of the total cost ( an estimate ). I am trying to build the same 5 bed room duplex somewhere in Abeokuta and need costing ideas.

Let's talk about it
WhatsApp or call 07030367178
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by okumbe(m): 2:16pm On Nov 27, 2016
segzy14:

Find pics of a five bedroom duplex attached.
Cost is 15-19m naira

How much would a building like this cost now
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
okumbe:

How much would a building like this cost now

What is the location?
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by Ichigosan(m): 11:33am On Jan 08, 2017
Cost is relative to size, no one can give you the cost of a building without seeing a detailed design and putting into consideration the clients taste. What works for Mr A, may and may not work for Mr B and C. You can contact this company, they are good and they'll guide you as they did me.

Call/whatsapp: 07067474787 or 07037870703
Email: ichehonoejeje@.com
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by Amastermovic(m): 7:13pm On Jul 27, 2018
eghosajohnny:
For a 2rm down and 4up to finishing will cost 13.7m moderate finishing chenk this design if you like it

You can call for more discussion

Good day sir,
sorry this kind of plan at this present state will cost how much location ogun state.. till finish level ties and other stuff thanks
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by Amastermovic(m): 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2018
segzy14:

Find pics of a five bedroom duplex attached.
Cost is 15-19m naira

Good day sir,
sorry this kind of plan at this present state will cost how much location ogun state.. till finish level ties and other stuff thanks
Re: Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2018
Amastermovic:

Good day sir,

About 20-25M

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Families Disagree Over Building Renovation In Lagos - See What They Did (pics) / INTERIOR WALLPAPER AND 3D WALL PANEL / Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.