Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,369 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) - Webmasters (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) (57026 Views)

HELP! Wordpress Issues / Hacking: How To Back Up Your Wordpress Site To Google Drive And Restore Easily / Post All Your Web Development Issues Here (php, Sql, Html, Javascript, Css) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Onyejemechimere(m): 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
hostkobo, could you check out my site whether am ready for adsense
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
Welcoming you into the fabulous month of February Val offers has started (1st - 14th february

*CEDARHOSTNG WEBHOSTING VAL OFFER (www.cedarhostng.com)
GET ExtraBasic plan of 10GB For N4500
ExtraSuperb Plan of 30GB for N6500
Hurry now this offer gives you the best value comes with unlmited email unlimited database etc
Note: send an email with the subject "Cedarhostng webhosting val offer after payment to info4cedarhostng@gmail.com and a copy to info@cedarhostng.com

*Bulk SMS VAL OFFER(www.eadesms.com)
GET A BULKSMS RESELLER WEBSITE FOR AS LOW AS N20,000 comes with free sms units to get you started,free gsm numbers and lots more...

Do you have an existing sms website and wish to buy units from us lets show you how

*GSM Numbers

Get over 200,000Lagos based numbers and over 50,000 abuja based numbers both for as low as N5,000.

*IT tutorial Kits
Get all this IT video tutorial kit for N10,000
*microsoft access
*actionscript
*adobe flash
*adobe flash catalyst
*SQL
*MYSQL
*PHOTOSHOP
*PMP(Project management)
*FIREWORKS
*Webdesign

*WEBDESIGN
A very unique opportunity to have your company website finally here get a website designed by our team for as low as N15,000

*Real Estate
Invest in your future this 2016 by becoming a property owner
Lands available in Kaduna from as low as N80,000 ,N150,000, 450,000 and other prices contact us today by visiting our office

Happy New Month + Val in advance...............

for further enquiries call:08186219002 bbm:532fc7c5
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by 9iceX(m): 8:38am On Feb 05, 2016
About Author... its coming twice after every posts I made. How do I remove or delete the default one?

I enabled "simple author" plugin which I preferred to use but it's displaying along with the default one.
I like to disallow the default WordPress "About Author" from displaying ; sticking to simple author only.

How pls?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 1:33pm On Feb 16, 2016
qtx:

Hi HK,
Having gone tru ur recommendations and done something about them, kindly see my response as follows:
1. domain name -is actually fine for me. cos the Rob means a name of someone close to the family that we respect so much and not really a word.
2. Top-menu background- take a look at it right now, how do you see it?
3.Bg pix- removed - pls take a look and leave a comment.
4. making site more beautiful. Isnt the site okay at it is rite now? And by the way, how can i change the theme without loosing my settings and articles? pls i need info.
5. Duplicate post titles on Front page post.- Done .
I sincerely appreciate your inputs and will expect more if any from both you and others who may see one thing or the other to point out there.
God bless you.

sorry for the late reply:
- site looks much better now.
- you can change your theme by going to your Dashboard >> appearance >> themes..... add a new theme

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by qtx(m): 1:51pm On Feb 16, 2016
hostkobo:

sorry for the late reply:
- site looks much better now.
- you can change your theme by going to your Dashboard >> appearance >> themes..... add a new theme

regards
HK
Thanks all the same. I actually know how to go that route just that am thinking if there is anything i need to do to secure my settings, contents and configs in place so i wont loose any or having to start all afresh?
Thank you
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by msageer(m): 6:40am On Feb 19, 2016
my problems was the robots.txt i don't know how to do it. my WordPress site still not appearing on google...
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by qtx(m): 3:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
msageer:
my problems was the robots.txt i don't know how to do it.
my WordPress site still not appearing on google...
drop ur link lets check it out?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by 9iceX(m): 4:59am On Feb 20, 2016
9iceX:
About Author... its coming twice after every posts I made. How do I remove or delete the default one?

I enabled "simple author" plugin which I preferred to use but it's displaying along with the default one.
I like to disallow the default WordPress "About Author" from displaying ; sticking to simple author only.

How pls?

Hostkobo da?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by tonyx4x44(m): 7:10am On Feb 20, 2016
9iceX:

How pls?

you can remove the default box by entering small code in css

use this code

.author-box {
display: none;
}

or

#authorbox {
display: none;
}
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by odicity: 11:21am On Feb 20, 2016
please can i get some suggestion on some very good themes for secondary school,both free or paid
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by aliscomonaj: 12:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
I need a real estate management theme, am ready to buy it. contact me with 08065124990 or aliscomonaj@gmail.com
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by 9iceX(m): 11:56am On Feb 22, 2016
@hostkobo
Review please: http:www.nawesabi.com

Also: I recently got my url blocked by FB.. any recommendations to restore it pls?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 8:55am On Feb 29, 2016
9iceX:
@hostkobo

Also: I recently got my url blocked by FB.. any recommendations to restore it pls?

Hi there,

sorry, the reply is late. Ive not been online for awhile.

I like your theme, its clean and the content stands out

a lot of your sub-menu items are empty - no content. Either post something there or remove. All your content are "news" anyway, I think the category isnt necessary.

Your pages have this "What do you think about this article? Drop your comment below" under the page. Pls remove, since you have disabled comments on the page already.

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 8:57am On Feb 29, 2016
Onyejemechimere:
hostkobo, could you check out my site whether am ready for adsense

Hi there,

what is your URL.

regards,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 8:59am On Feb 29, 2016
simdam500:
hostkobo how can know the perfect dimension for its theme feature image

Hi there,

what theme are you referring to?

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 9:00am On Feb 29, 2016
ArsenalChat:

Hostkobo, can you help set up a new Wordpress blog paid domain?

Yes, no problem.

sorry, the response is late, havent been online for awhile.

Hit me up on whatsapp.

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Danyl(m): 2:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
good day everyone. am having a challenge on http://healthquorum.com. I installed a WordPress installation at my root directory but recently I discovered that its affecting some of the things I want to do with the website not just blogging so I created my own CMS. on installing my own index.php my posts were not showing am being redirected to my homepage. can anyone help. my WP DASHBOARD is still accessible but all my posts r not showing despite changing my permalinks.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Greatozone(m): 7:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
Oga hostkobo can you help me review www.pharmapproach.com it is still under construction
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by binbass(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
Bro please review mine www.soccersection.com
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2016
Greatozone:
Oga hostkobo can you help me review www.pharmapproach.com it is still under construction

You site looks good, but your header slideshow seems a little distracting. Images look shrunk....I think the height should be more than it presently is. A slideshow is supposed to be a show-case, something that captures interest, and not something that distracts.

regards,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
binbass:
Bro please review mine www.soccersection.com

- needful pages: about us, privacy policy, disclaimer, commenting policy,
- empty footer (right side)
- whats happening with the right side of your header
- your suggested posts(you may also like) beneath posts go to 404-error pages, pls fix
- social icons are supposed to link to social pages not back to the site,
- boring sidebar, pls fix

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2016
Danyl:
good day everyone. am having a challenge on http://healthquorum.com. I installed a WordPress installation at my root directory but recently I discovered that its affecting some of the things I want to do with the website not just blogging so I created my own CMS. on installing my own index.php my posts were not showing am being redirected to my homepage. can anyone help. my WP DASHBOARD is still accessible but all my posts r not showing despite changing my permalinks.

If you have wordpress running from root, you should install your own CMS in a subfolder....... and vice-versa. This prevents a clash of interests between wp and other things.
How is your setup done?

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Danyl(m): 6:15pm On Mar 01, 2016
[quote author=hostkobo post=43390140]

If you have wordpress running from root, you should install your own CMS in a subfolder....... and vice-versa. This prevents a clash of interests between wp and other things.
How is your setup done?

regards
HK
[/quotei have resolved it, actually I had to move my CMS to my root folder n d wp to a sub folder, I just changed d permalink to reflect what it used to be to prevent 404 errors. thank you for responding.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Greatozone(m): 7:52pm On Mar 01, 2016
hostkobo:

You site looks good, but your header slideshow seems a little distracting. Images look shrunk....I think the height should be more than it presently is. A slideshow is supposed to be a show-case, something that captures interest, and not something that distracts.

regards,
HK

thanks my man.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by 9iceX(m): 8:54am On Mar 10, 2016
@ hostkobo and all,
What is the effect posting one article into more than one category?
I stayed away from this as much as can but kinda need clarification as regard this. Sometimes, I write posts that fits into more than one category but I just couldn't get myself posting into multiple categories.

@hostkobo...
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 11:06am On Mar 11, 2016
9iceX:
@ hostkobo and all,
What is the effect posting one article into more than one category?
I stayed away from this as much as can but kinda need clarification as regard this. Sometimes, I write posts that fits into more than one category but I just couldn't get myself posting into multiple categories.

@hostkobo...

POSTING AN ARTICLE INTO MULTIPLE CATEGORIES assumes the category, and previous articles in the category have some relation to the latest article you are adding into it. If you are posting an article into multiple categories just for the sake of posting articles, you are wasting your time and the results will hit back at you.

For example, lets say you are posting an article about Nigerian sports, and the post talks about injury of a Nigerian player, the ideal categories could be sports & health. If in addition to sports & health, you go and add it into education, politics, etc..... it would be a complete waste of time and purpose; coz, if I visit your site and stumble upon the most recent post in education-category....and a post regarding sports and health info stares me in the face....... a post that has nothing to do with 'education', my first reaction is that the owner / editor for the site is a complete time waster. I would move on to the next site.

If I can get posts correctly placed into appropriate categories, it only increases my interest as a reader. Besides, search engines are smart as well. They know when a site is properly structured / when it becomes a dustbin for just about anything. If for example, you list the most recent 5-articles from the politics category in your site on a sidebar....and the 5-articles have nothing to do with politics, your "credibility" drops. Your site has RSS feeds, and if you dont have a good "cred", nobody out there (human / robot) will consider your RSS as a good source of info.

For example: If you posted an article about sports from CNN into your own religion category - on your website; and I did the same thing but posted the sports news from CNN into my own sports category; if the above is done like 10times, when CNN analyzes both our pingbacks, it would consider a link back to me more profitable...

So its not just posting an article into a category that matters, posting it into the correct, and relative category matters more. Talk more of posting such into multiple categories. Ideally, an article should have at least 2-3 categories - helps article to be searched and found easily. Better still with nested categories - helps fine tune the categorization structure.

For example, rather than having something flat like: Lagos, Mushin, Surulere, Victoria Island, Ibadan, Ogun state, Abeokuta, Abuja,.....

this is better:
Lagos
- Mushin
- Surulere
- Victoria Island
Ibadan
Ogun state
- Abeokuta
Abuja

regards,
HK

1 Like

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by nonny001(m): 6:33am On Mar 13, 2016
Hello op, thank you for this thread.

My problem is that when i upload a header image, it does not appear on the blog. i'm using starter_s theme. i'm also hosted on my wamp server.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by 9iceX(m): 8:49am On Mar 14, 2016
hostkobo:

POSTING AN ARTICLE INTO MULTIPLE CATEGORIES assumes the category, and previous articles in the category have some relation to the latest article you are adding into it. If you are posting an article into multiple categories just for the sake of posting articles, you are wasting your time and the results will hit back at you.

For example, lets say you are posting an article about Nigerian sports, and the post talks about injury of a Nigerian player, the ideal categories could be sports & health. If in addition to sports & health, you go and add it into education, politics, etc..... it would be a complete waste of time and purpose; coz, if I visit your site and stumble upon the most recent post in education-category....and a post regarding sports and health info stares me in the face....... a post that has nothing to do with 'education', my first reaction is that the owner / editor for the site is a complete time waster. I would move on to the next site.

If I can get posts correctly placed into appropriate categories, it only increases my interest as a reader. Besides, search engines are smart as well. They know when a site is properly structured / when it becomes a dustbin for just about anything. If for example, you list the most recent 5-articles from the politics category in your site on a sidebar....and the 5-articles have nothing to do with politics, your "credibility" drops. Your site has RSS feeds, and if you dont have a good "cred", nobody out there (human / robot) will consider your RSS as a good source of info.

For example: If you posted an article about sports from CNN into your own religion category - on your website; and I did the same thing but posted the sports news from CNN into my own sports category; if the above is done like 10times, when CNN analyzes both our pingbacks, it would consider a link back to me more profitable...

So its not just posting an article into a category that matters, posting it into the correct, and relative category matters more. Talk more of posting such into multiple categories. Ideally, an article should have at least 2-3 categories - helps article to be searched and found easily. Better still with nested categories - helps fine tune the categorization structure.

For example, rather than having something flat like: Lagos, Mushin, Surulere, Victoria Island, Ibadan, Ogun state, Abeokuta, Abuja,.....

this is better:
Lagos
- Mushin
- Surulere
- Victoria Island
Ibadan
Ogun state
- Abeokuta
Abuja

regards,
HK

Thanks hoskobo. Really appreciated.
I have more than 20 unique articles on my blog where each article has ONE category. Even when i know an article is supposed to have more categories, i just want to be sure before i make such steps. I think i am still on the better side.
Actually, i was writing an article on "how a man could be of help to his wife during pregnancy". Deep within, i know this article should be under two categories; Pregnancy and Busy Dad respectively (as i have on my blog). Thanks for this Sir, I can boldly post to 2 relevant categories now.

I hope you check it out during your free time later on (when i hope to have being done writing the article)
Thanks once again.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by imakewealth: 9:15am On Mar 14, 2016
Hello Nairalanders,

My is www.naijaenform..com for your review and comment.

I have a problem on my site. my site have been approved by Adsense for Ads but they are not displaying. Ofcos i can see the Ad codes on my adsense account but this... i don't know why the Ads are not displaying.

Any experience person in the house.... please advise.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by qtx(m): 6:43pm On Apr 12, 2016
Whats the best email subscription plugin, especially the one that will not need much hassle by users to subscribes, or better still may not even require user email activation at all?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by qtx(m): 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2016
9iceX:
@hostkobo

Your blog looks nice, what is the name of this your theme?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by LegendsCoded(m): 7:18pm On May 02, 2016
hostkobo:

High hk

please checkout this site: fullclub.com.ng

i want to edit my index page

in want to make it look like this

the picture below

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Is In Nigeria! (CC Hub, Yaba Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg Writes On His Meeting With Buhari And Osinbajo In Abuja / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.