Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) - Webmasters (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) (57295 Views)

HELP! Wordpress Issues / Hacking: How To Back Up Your Wordpress Site To Google Drive And Restore Easily / Post All Your Web Development Issues Here (php, Sql, Html, Javascript, Css) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nyekidoll: 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
hostkobo:

1) by using custom scripts
2) put a notice on the sidebar that freeshipping is available for phc and then configure a fee for other states. Mind you, PHC would be excluded in the list of states

regards
HK

Can you give a step by step method of doing this? Is there a plug in out there that can do the job?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by LegendsCoding: 11:17pm On Oct 11, 2015
ngmgeek:
@ Kombo

Hope all is well. Please review www.naijaquestions.com

Getting the right color for the tags is hard, any sugggestion?

Thanks in advance for your review.
hey gat nice site there which theme or template are u using thanks
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 12, 2015
So I installed mp3 tag editor online, after editing tag when I try downloading it shows page not found http://alki87.com

http://alki87.com/wp-content/mp3

http://alki87.com/wp-content/mp3/Music/ahfvcr_DJM.mp3
Please I need help
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by profsomebody(m): 10:34pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hello gurus in d building... I passed Google AdSense's first test but after two days of second review, they said my application could not be granted. What do you think I need to do differently? profsomebody.com
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
profsomebody:
Hello gurus in d building... I passed Google AdSense's first test but after two days of second review, they said my application could not be granted. What do you think I need to do differently? profsomebody.com

dear sir,
your website is far far far from ready for adsense approval.

1) your domainname doesnt look "markettable". Your success online is a function of a good domain name.
Profsomebody.com, what is your niche?

2) your site loads too slowly

3) your theme smells "pirated copy". No adsense for you.

4) its either your slideshow settings are wrong or your image sizes are too big. The images are either cut-off at the head or tail.

5) your domain was registered 1-month ago and presently, you have like 6-posts on your site and you want an adsense approval? you must be joking

6) your top-menu's links to empty pages, how do you expect to get an adsense approval

7) empty sidebar, no footer, no copyright, nothing.

O boy, you need to do your homework properly.

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Ngrlatest: 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2015
my website name is http://www.naijalatestupdate.com

How do i increase my website traffic?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 3:16am On Oct 21, 2015
Ngrlatest:
my website name is http://www.naijalatestupdate.com

How do i increase my website traffic?
Dear sir,

Your website is not even opening.

Regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Piyke: 11:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hostkobo thanks for the good work you've been doing,
please help assess my blog www.diyautoworksng.com
Many thanks in advance.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by 9iceX(m): 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
HK
Base on few recommendations few weeks back from you, help review this again and tell me what else is lacking... thanks

http://www.nawesabi.com
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 8:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
Piyke:
Hostkobo thanks for the good work you've been doing,
please help assess my blog www.diyautoworksng.com
Many thanks in advance.

hi there,

Nice and unique Niche you got running there.

You are using a default wp theme, nice. As you have more articles, you would need a premium theme

- add your categories (short names) to the top menu. Side menu might include sub-categories for car brands (honda, toyota, etc). Note: articles have to be properly categorized. For example: your article with url (http://www.diyautoworksng.com/replacement-of-downstream-bank1-sensor-2-o2-sensor-on-2003-2007-accord/) should be categorized under sample: honda(2003,2007), sensor, etc. ..... as in a sample main category 'honda' could have year-subcategories...(2003, 2007, 200x, 200y, 200x) specific to honda. Other cars would have their own year-brands..

- I can see that you took several of your pictures yourself. Add a copyright, watermark - beware of pirates

- add articles: terms and conditions, privacy policy, etc

- you can add other features: as us a question? etc

regards
HK

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Piyke: 9:12pm On Oct 27, 2015
hostkobo:

hi there,

Nice and unique Niche you got running there.

You are using a default wp theme, nice. As you have more articles, you would need a premium theme

- add your categories (short names) to the top menu. Side menu might include sub-categories for car brands (honda, toyota, etc). Note: articles have to be properly categorized. For example: your article with url (http://www.diyautoworksng.com/replacement-of-downstream-bank1-sensor-2-o2-sensor-on-2003-2007-accord/) should be categorized under sample: honda(2003,2007), sensor, etc. ..... as in a sample main category 'honda' could have year-subcategories...(2003, 2007, 200x, 200y, 200x) specific to honda. Other cars would have their own year-brands..

- I can see that you took several of your pictures yourself. Add a copyright, watermark - beware of pirates

- add articles: terms and conditions, privacy policy, etc

- you can add other features: as us a question? etc

regards
HK

Thanks a lot HK. Will be implementing. Great inputs
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by emmalexdboy(m): 9:10am On Oct 28, 2015
Kombo and HK,

Though, I'm a professional blogger and highly experienced with Wordpress, I still learnt a lot reading some of your reviews and answers to several questions here.

I'll love to interview you on my blog: www.onlinebloggingincome.com. I'll contact you on that. Nevertheless, I want an honest review from you guys.

Here's the url ones again: www.onlinebloggingincome.com.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by 9iceX(m): 7:15am On Oct 29, 2015
Waiting oo>> WHere is Hostkobo ati Kombo?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 11:09am On Oct 30, 2015
9iceX:
Waiting oo>> WHere is Hostkobo ati Kombo?

Here...
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 11:11am On Oct 30, 2015
emmalexdboy:
Kombo and HK,

Though, I'm a professional blogger and highly experienced with Wordpress, I still learnt a lot reading some of your reviews and answers to several questions here.

I'll love to interview you on my blog: www.onlinebloggingincome.com. I'll contact you on that. Nevertheless, I want an honest review from you guys.

Nice layout, everything looks good to me... except you have specific questions then I can drill down.

Cheers _Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by 9iceX(m): 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
kombo:

Here...

Was waiting your comment bout mine na.. www.nawesabi.com
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by yomalex(m): 10:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
If you need specific WooCommerce Add-ons or you want a bundle I have for sale at reasonable pricing
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by maxti: 12:15am On Nov 01, 2015
Please I need a good template for NGO.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by maxti: 12:39am On Nov 01, 2015
Your works are super cool.
Hope say I fit afford u o?
dwebdesign:
If you need an expert in wordpress theme development, installation and troubleshooting. Also if you need a professional standard website,

Do contact:

Mobile: 08133884165

Whatsapp: 08133884165 ‎

BBM: 2BB63350 

Contact web page: http://www.1st-websitedesign.com 

Am an expert website developer skilled in html/html5, css/css3, php/mysql, ajax, javascript, jquery and jquerymobile. 

Am also an expert in content management systems (CMS) such as wordpress, joomla, drupal, pulse cms, 

and ecommerce platforms such as opencart, magento, zencart, prestashop.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by sirnemzy(m): 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2015
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 6:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
emmalexdboy:
Kombo and HK,

Hi there,

I was out of town, limited access to my laptop.

Here is your review:

I like your use of the Mantra theme.

Observations: sorry, I'm harsh, its for your own good.

1) page navigation (no page navigation on the front page). Why? how do I go to the next page in your article list.

2) You have less than 12-articles on the site, your firey text on the header is out of place. There is a color-riot going on at the top of your site. I can count almost 10-different colors fighting for attention at the top. The rainbow only has 7-colors.

3) You need to edit your articles properly, else you would end up with incredibly long articles. I mean "line spacing". Some have 1.5 and others are double spaced and others 3. Why not just have / use single and 1.5 spaced lines.

4) Your site loads very slowly, example: your "how to design a website" insert at the upper right sidebar is always the last thing to load on the front page.

Article pages are slow. Why? wrong use of inserted-images into your posts.

Analysis, for example:
this article url: http://onlinebloggingincome.com/difference-between-a-blog-and-a-website/

the first image in the article was uploaded here:
http://onlinebloggingincome.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Difference-Between-A-Blog-And-A-Website.png

Your in-article image size is approx 289px by 195px and the original image is 749x507.

Why waste HD space and memory?

see this image: http://onlinebloggingincome.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Blog-Vs-Website.png
it is 1.5MB in size? really?

Even after clicking into the above image, I cant read the text, so why is it there in the first place?

All images used in above sample-article require 1.37MB approx total hard disk space.

- you have wasted premium "hard disk space and memory" and yet your inserted image does not engage the reader.
Estimate this loss for a sample 100-articles. What happens when the same articles are accessed simultaneously by 10-50 ppl around the globe? your hosting resources might go kaput.

- if you are using small sized images, then wrap your text around the images, and use a a consistent dimension for full-images across board, rather than have text standing alone by themselves and the image is idle at another corner ; else

- use medium sized images: 448 by 336 pixels and disable the "link to full" image feature per article......then be consistent with either a left or right alignment of text and images

5) After a hash of all images on your site:
article link: http://onlinebloggingincome.com/how-to-setup-a-blog-on-wordpress/
image link: http://onlinebloggingincome.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Website-Set-up-3.png

if the details of "payment information" there are true, then posting such information online is a complete nobrainer....... as a tutorial.

if the details of "payment information" there are false, you might put the owner of the correct info in trouble as other nobrainers would begin target practice on the card number.

You dont need to fill up the form and take a snapshot just to explain. Sensitive information should be kept sensitive, else someone else might think publishing such is ok.

All the above is besides the fact that the image is 2MB in size. All images in the above particular post are over 4MB, thats a thumbs down!

6) Terms and condition pages, privacy policy, contact form, the whole 9yards

7) the war going on at the top of your site kinda takes the shine off links to your social pages.

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 7:30pm On Nov 01, 2015
sirnemzy:
CEO www.trendyhubs.com if u need a nice design like mine call me on 08109866070

Chief,

do something about the spam commentators that have taken over your site.

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by 9iceX(m): 10:36am On Nov 02, 2015
tired. waiting patiently for my lucky day
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by sirnemzy(m): 11:09am On Nov 02, 2015
hostkobo:

Chief,
do something about the spam commentators that have taken over your site.
regards HK
how do mean
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 7:49am On Nov 03, 2015
sirnemzy:
how do mean

Check who's posting comments on your site

Regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by uhiochris1(m): 5:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
radiokilla:
Hi everyone. My issue on 'fatal error' was rectified earlier today. HostKobo did it. He was swift and professional. For the record, it was free of charge. I owe him one. Thnks to Oga kombo for his support.

I have worked with Hostkobo and I have no regrets.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by 9iceX(m): 7:52am On Nov 05, 2015
@Hostkobo ati Kombo... Abeg help review http://www.nawesabi.com
Two Niches; cool??
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 10:16am On Nov 05, 2015
9iceX:
@Hostkobo ati Kombo... Abeg help review http://www.nawesabi.com
Two Niches; cool??

- whats with the huge space at the headers right? a menu is supposed to be there. Why not duplicate you footer menu and feature it at the header(upper right)

- nice writeups but your pictures need just a lil "credit".

- if you would be dwelling on just 'parenting' and 'self-development' as big picture, why not break each down into sub-categories and recategorize your articles. Your menu looks a lil scanty

- install an author plugin, so that if a reader clicks the authors name on a comment, it goes to an author page

- big ups: linking back to your own posts

- ref: http://www.nawesabi.com/4-big-determinants-of-individual-personality-traits/
I suppose you have an account with username "admin". Around wordpress, thats not a good thing to leave as default. wp rule#1 - delete the admin account..... ofcourse create another with a more secure uname and password first. Write your blogposts as a user

regards
HK

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 10:17am On Nov 05, 2015
uhiochris1:

I have worked with Hostkobo and I have no regrets.

it was nice working with you Chris,
thanks

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by 9iceX(m): 2:24pm On Nov 05, 2015
hostkobo:

- whats with the huge space at the headers right? a menu is supposed to be there. Why not duplicate you footer menu and feature it at the header(upper right)

- nice writeups but your pictures need just a lil "credit".

- if you would be dwelling on just 'parenting' and 'self-development' as big picture, why not break each down into sub-categories and recategorize your articles. Your menu looks a lil scanty

- install an author plugin, so that if a reader clicks the authors name on a comment, it goes to an author page

- big ups: linking back to your own posts

- ref: http://www.nawesabi.com/4-big-determinants-of-individual-personality-traits/
I suppose you have an account with username "admin". Around wordpress, thats not a good thing to leave as default. wp rule#1 - delete the admin account..... ofcourse create another with a more secure uname and password first. Write your blogposts as a user

regards
HK

Big appreciation Sir..
-the huge space at the header right> Yeah, I was trying to create a header banner to cover up the whole header space but I guess my theme doesn't support that, and I don't wanna tamper more on the codes.

-About giving credits to the pictures.. ehm, I did a lot of Photoshop editing on basically all the pictures. Though, I sourced them online and I stated that on my disclaimer too. Gimme a clue on methods to site credits to my picture sources Sir

-Breaking my Niches down into sub categories - Do you mean having something like PARENTING with sub categories: Pregnancy, Toddlers, teen, adult etc / SELF DEVELOPMENT with subs like: Motivation, Spirituality etc??

-Author plugin .. I.. thought I had that already?.. Will check that out ryt away

-I addressed that earlier for me and I removed the admin thing. Now I post as ''a name''

Thanks for being there Sir.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Mayfrank(m): 6:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
Please how do I create and use a homepage like that of jumia (with different countries) on my WordPress blog.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Is In Nigeria! (CC Hub, Yaba Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg Writes On His Meeting With Buhari And Osinbajo In Abuja / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50