Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,107 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? (971 Views)

Seven Mps Of Nigerian Origin Just Elected Into The UK Parliament, Meet Them. / Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC / Peter Onyekwere-Ebigbo Elected Into World Council On Torture Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by MORNDEW(m): 6:49pm On May 14, 2015
When the news filtered in that some Nigerians are contesting for the UK parliament seat, many Nigerians were happy their brothers and sisters were contesting for top public office in a white man's land.

But while many was happy and made was jubilant about their exploits, i sat down to ask myself if this guys were really Nigerians. Many Nigerians are quick to associate themselves with success in other land but will support mediocrity in their own Nation.

What really has made the likes of Chuka Umunna and the others Nigerians, aside their names and the fact that one or two of their parents are Nigerians. Apart from that this guys are well and thorough bred UK citizens. They did not rise to the top of their political career through thuggery, they never shed blood just because of their ambition neither have they rigged elections to get to power. Their case is the opposite of their counterparts in Nigeria. So are they really Nigerians?

Nigerians have been proud of these guys but what is it that they are proud of in this guys? That these guys might be pro- homosexuals or might be one? Whereas Nigerians hypocritically despise such people in their country. That this guys have gotten married to a white woman of another tribe, religion or denomination. Or they have girlfriend of white descent as seen in the case of Chuka. Whereas here such marital combinations are frown at by almost every tribe and religion in Nigeria.

Certainly, Chuka and the rest guys who have won their parliamentary election does not discriminate against other religion, tribe, race or language. If they had, they wouldn't have gotten this far in life.

What really has made this guys Nigerians when they hardly think like many of their fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters back home.

Nigeria and Nigerians must change their mentality towards many things and embrace themselves in love, shun tribal sentiments and see each other as one.

Princewill Chimereze.

Writter, Tutor, Public Affairs Analyst and Social Commentator.

http://www.enlightennigeria..in/2015/05/the-nigerians-elected-into-uk_16.html

1 Share

Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by SHARIAREPORTERS: 6:51pm On May 14, 2015
See beef Ibo don dhe involved Dem don dhe ask if dem be nigerianz I pity dem
Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by cozy7(m): 6:51pm On May 14, 2015
Nigerians keep doing us proud n they still are.......NICE WRITE UP.
Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by kodded(m): 6:53pm On May 14, 2015
they are not nigerians bro

But if they are caught with drugs....everybody will point fingers to a particular tribe
undecided
Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by MORNDEW(m): 6:57pm On May 14, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
See beef Ibo don dhe involved Dem don dhe ask if dem be nigerianz I pity dem
May God help u.
Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by MORNDEW(m): 6:58pm On May 14, 2015
kodded:
they are not nigerians bro

But if they are caught with drugs....everybody will point fingers to a particular tribe
undecided

Read the thing first na.
Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by kodded(m): 7:05pm On May 14, 2015
MORNDEW:

Read the thing first na.
undecided e 2 long

Summarize am for me
Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by kodded(m): 7:05pm On May 14, 2015
MORNDEW:

Read the thing first na.
my dear this is how nigerians are

Imagine someone bashing Ben Bruse for speaking the truth about corrupt politician

Here in nigeria we celebrate the thief and condemn the saint

I pray in this era of change we change our mindset and our view towards politicians and good governance

So help us GOD
Amen
Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by oluks05: 7:22pm On May 14, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
See beef
Ibo don dhe involved
Dem don dhe ask if dem be nigerianz
I pity dem

The writer is Igbo I hope u know!
Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by tobtap: 8:35pm On May 14, 2015
wink they are not nigerians but of naija origin/heritage
Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by MORNDEW(m): 9:23pm On May 14, 2015
kodded:
my dear this is how nigerians are

Imagine someone bashing Ben Bruse for speaking the truth about corrupt politician

Here in nigeria we celebrate the thief and condemn the saint

I pray in this era of change we change our mindset and our view towards politicians and good governance

So help us GOD
Amen

Amen bro.
Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by wordcat(m): 9:50pm On May 14, 2015
If dem like make dem come from Okija, my hometown, dats non of my business as far as dem no give a bleep abt me, I no send dem
Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by MORNDEW(m): 10:45pm On May 14, 2015
wordcat:
If dem like make dem come from Okija, my hometown, dats non of my business as far as dem no give a bleep abt me, I no send dem

lol
Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by MORNDEW(m): 10:44am On May 15, 2015
This guys are Nigerians by origin but by character and other things they are British.
Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by MORNDEW(m): 3:00pm On May 15, 2015
cozy7:
Nigerians keep doing us proud n they still are.......NICE WRITE UP.

Thanks
Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by Ikengawo: 3:02pm On May 15, 2015
They're not Nigerians. You need Nigerian citizenship to be Nigerian. They're British and Igbo.
Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by MORNDEW(m): 3:13pm On May 15, 2015
Ikengawo:
They're not Nigerians. You need Nigerian citizenship to be Nigerian. They're British and Igbo.

some of you have gone crazy with this ur tribalism. why not start helping urself.
Re: The Nigerians Elected Into UK Parliament: Are They Really Nigerians? by Ikengawo: 3:44pm On May 15, 2015
[quote author=MORNDEW post=33Nige

some of you have gone crazy with this ur tribalism. why not start helping urself.[/quote]

Igbo is a nation not a tribe, making me a nationalist. Still none of them are Nigerians. A Nigerian is a citizen of Nigeria, not an ethnicity, language, culture, or tribe. Ummuna and co are Igbos and British citizens.

(1) (Reply)

Petrol Scarcity Returns In Lagos / Is Fayose Truly A Vagabond? / Pitiable Condition Of Enugu-onitsha Express Way.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.