Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Unpaid Salaries: NLC May Shut Down Airports Across The Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unpaid Salaries: NLC May Shut Down Airports Across The Country (798 Views)

​NLC May likely Go on Nationwide Strike Over N56,000 Minimum Wage / Thousands Of Air Travellers Stranded At Airports Across The Country (photos) / Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unpaid Salaries: NLC May Shut Down Airports Across The Country by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 14, 2015
Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has threatened to shut down airports across the country if governors owing salaries to their civil servants do not pay such outstanding wages immediately.

National Vice President of the NLC, Lucy Offiong, who issued the threat in Jos on Thursday while supervising a protest of the state chapter of the congress over non-payment of salaries of members by the Plateau State government, said such a drastic measure might become imperative to compel governors to pay up.

Offiong said, “Governors, who are among the most frequent users of airports may need to be deprived of the facility so that they might be moved to give their workers what is theirs by right, their monthly wages.”

Also speaking at the state House of Assembly, venue of the protest, the state Chairman of the NLC, Comrade Jibrin Bancir, said the NLC took its protest to the State House of Assembly because the Assembly which passed the state budget, with provision for workers' salaries, should be able to compel the state governor, who proposed the budget, to implement it, including the payment of workers' salaries.

He said, “I don't know what the House of Assembly members are doing to provide relief to the plight of the civil servants whose children are out of school and who cannot afford to feed their families; so we are here to let the House know what workers are going through and to ask the House to prevail on the governor to fulfil his obligations to the workers, including the payment of their salaries and other outstanding entitlements.”

http://.com/discussion/3164/unpaid-salaries-nlc-may-shut-down-airports-across-the-country/p1

Re: Unpaid Salaries: NLC May Shut Down Airports Across The Country by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 14, 2015
States used money meant for workers to enrich politicians during the election. After election plenty people don dey build houses for my area. They are not even ashamed to tell u d source. Them say na dia national cake. Na now NLC wan open mouth. Tah!!!
Re: Unpaid Salaries: NLC May Shut Down Airports Across The Country by SHARIAREPORTERS: 9:22pm On May 14, 2015
Let's wait for baba to come and do d magic I hate "change"
Re: Unpaid Salaries: NLC May Shut Down Airports Across The Country by kodded(m): 9:28pm On May 14, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Let's wait for baba to come and do d magic
I hate "change"
I love "transformation" cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: NLC May Shut Down Airports Across The Country by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 14, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Let's wait for baba to come and do d magic
I hate "change"
If u hate change ehn, mehn! U are on a long thing. Pray for change. Positive one tho
Re: Unpaid Salaries: NLC May Shut Down Airports Across The Country by niggereyez(f): 10:24pm On May 14, 2015
[/b]but seriously, this is a serious matter and demands a serious course of action!
Re: Unpaid Salaries: NLC May Shut Down Airports Across The Country by Sirniyeh(m): 10:58pm On May 14, 2015
Yesan I want to see Tinubu driving his JEEP from Lagos to Abuja, likewise Amechi and co

May be the car that will convey GEJ to Otuoke will not break down
Re: Unpaid Salaries: NLC May Shut Down Airports Across The Country by dadebayo1(m): 5:33am On May 16, 2015
Ok...
Re: Unpaid Salaries: NLC May Shut Down Airports Across The Country by Nobody: 5:40am On May 16, 2015
Military zone

Keep off
Re: Unpaid Salaries: NLC May Shut Down Airports Across The Country by Nobody: 5:42am On May 16, 2015
The Governors most of whom were shouting SAI BABA will successfully make Nigeria ungovernable for Pa Buhari with this issue of salary.

He was right afterall when he said he came in at the wrong time. Even before May 29, he already has battles to fight and I'm sure ASUU are waiting on queue too.

Emm, NLC abeg I hope international wings won't be affected? Wetin concern me with local airport when ABC transport dey undecided

(1) (Reply)

Gov Okowa Appoints Agas As SSG, Suspends Recruitment By DCSC / Photo: Now Viral ,buhari's Daughter Accused Via Twitter ! / Isale Eko In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.