Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Beliefs About The Trekkers; check out if your belief is there. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beliefs About The Trekkers; check out if your belief is there. (598 Views)

Some Of The Beliefs Of An Average Nigerian: / Trekkers Club: Abeg Who Wan Trek Now Or Una No Wan Meet Buhari / 5 Nigerian Superstitions And Beliefs That Will Kill You Before Your Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beliefs About The Trekkers; check out if your belief is there. by emaculate99: 8:50am On May 15, 2015
Nigeria has recently become the hub of trekkers. I will like to make a list of the beliefs that people have about the trekkers. I know that some of us will be guilty of one or two of these. These include:
1. The trekkers are jobless: we believe that it's only a person that has nothing to do will embark on such journey for days. A person can not just leave his job for days without incurring any loss.
2. The trekkers are mad: To some people, only a mad person will trek such distance. They then conclude that these trekkers are mad.
3. The trekkers are heroes: some take these trekkers to be extraordinary people doing extraordinary things to appreciate or make a complaint on behalf of a group of people and therefore, they should be praised for their courage.
4. The trekkers are poor: some people take these trekkers to be poor and cannot afford the transport fare to there destinations. They take them to be trekking under the pretense of appreciating or making a complaint but in the real sense, they can't afford the transport fare to their destinations and that what is making them to trek.
5. The trekkers are attention seekers: most people believe that the trekkers are just trekking just to gain cheap attentions, especially from the social media and the leader they are going to "appreciate."
6. The trekkers are liars: some of us still hold the fact that there is nothing like trek because no man can ever trek such distance. Many people are still doubting if these people are really trekking.

What is (are) ur own belief about this trekking fever? Mine is no 5 and what is urs?

#emaculate
Re: Beliefs About The Trekkers; check out if your belief is there. by emaculate99: 8:51am On May 15, 2015
Re: Beliefs About The Trekkers; check out if your belief is there. by DahtzFestjayz: 9:01am On May 15, 2015
Incase of Incasity
Re: Beliefs About The Trekkers; check out if your belief is there. by yhusiee(f): 9:09am On May 15, 2015
Mine is 3.
Re: Beliefs About The Trekkers; check out if your belief is there. by Mnewton(m): 9:10am On May 15, 2015
c
Re: Beliefs About The Trekkers; check out if your belief is there. by rottennaija(m): 9:22am On May 15, 2015
No 1 reason looks more like it.
Re: Beliefs About The Trekkers; check out if your belief is there. by emaculate99: 9:54am On May 15, 2015
rottennaija:
No 1 reason looks more like it.
yeah, and I guess they need jobs
Re: Beliefs About The Trekkers; check out if your belief is there. by OfficialIYANU(m): 10:44am On May 15, 2015
People do these things in other countries and we hail them, "chai oyibo are very brave", "oyibo second name na adventure"! Now, one or few of ours do it and they're labelled liars, poverty stricken, attention seekers, etc! For how long will we Africans continue to wallow in the 'put him down, oyibo na oga' syndrome?!

@OP... IMHO this is your own level of xenophobia! You and others who share your views!

In other news, download this Banging New Gospel track here:

[url=http://tindeck.com/download/pro/jflok/%5Btindeck.com]Free MP3 download: DANCE_IYANU FT. EL.mp3[/url]

Re: Beliefs About The Trekkers; check out if your belief is there. by emaculate99: 10:56am On May 15, 2015
OfficialIYANU:
People do these things in other countries and we hail them, "chai oyibo are very brave", "oyibo second name na adventure"! Now, one or few of ours do it and they're labelled liars, poverty stricken, attention seekers, etc! For how long will we Africans continue to wallow in the 'put him down, oyibo na oga' syndrome?!

@OP... IMHO this is your own level of xenophobia! You and others who share your views!

In other news, download this Banging New Gospel track here:

[url=http://tindeck.com/download/pro/jflok/%5Btindeck.com]Free MP3 download: DANCE_IYANU FT. EL.mp3[/url]

I will like you to read the excerpt well.
Re: Beliefs About The Trekkers; check out if your belief is there. by AnneMomoh: 12:39pm On May 15, 2015
If they all hammer, i bet you , your above beliefs will change

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Did You Wear Your Bag In Your School Days? (see Photo) / 7 Things You Need To Stop Doing..by Vanessa Van Edwards / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.