Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,952 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best (37644 Views)

Toyota FV2 Futuristic Vehicle Doesn’t Use Steering Wheel / Why You Need A Rear Wheel Cars Not These Japanese / Front Wheel And Rear/back Wheel Drive Cars...pros And Cons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by chimah3(m): 4:12pm On May 21, 2015
udonminit
Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by tivta(m): 4:12pm On May 21, 2015
Hell no
Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 21, 2015
Long john
Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by scachy(m): 4:30pm On May 21, 2015
Am enjoying my all wheel 4*4 drive.
Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 21, 2015
undecided
Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 21, 2015
Ok. This is my kind of post.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by adanny01(m): 5:07pm On May 21, 2015
Front page again?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 21, 2015
Ya. Glad to see Auto-freaks here. I thought I was the only one insane about cars ;-)

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by youngice(m): 5:14pm On May 21, 2015
lomomike:

Na lie. If you're stuck in mud or ice then you'll see how RWD sucks. Mind you, recent AMGs are dual shifts or MCT which are some modifications to auto, Bugatti veyron is auto, lamborghini, porsche panameras, bentley, rolls royce, maybachs are autoshifts these cars aren't for men but made men.
they are built to specification only rolls is fully auto,most are semi-auto
Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by allcomage: 5:15pm On May 21, 2015
WokoJoshua:
Ya. Glad to see Auto-freaks here. I thought I was the only one insane about car ;-)

I am a sucker for rwd and that is why you will only see Bmw and Mercedes in my garage. No kaka kaka for shafts.
Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by jemby: 5:16pm On May 21, 2015
@Op you can't come up with that copy and paste conclusion that RWD are better than FWD. I have both, I use my RWD in summer and my FWD in fall and spring.
They both have their advantages and disadvantages.
Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by Atmmachine(m): 5:41pm On May 21, 2015
lomomike:
Hey guys, I don't wanna ban him. I wanna oppose him, intelligently.

Tonychristopher, hope you know curvette and viper are RWD?
1. Why don't you try driving it in the wet or snow? A FWD will handle better in snow and wet than a FWD,
2. A FWD accelerate faster off the line than a RWD with same engine, same mass, same gear ratios due to mass on driving wheels while RWD won't accelerate as fast as a FWD due to excessive mass, and excessive wheel spin
3. A FWD has more space than a RWD,
4. A FWD gives more fuel economy than a RWD.
5. Some FWD handles high speed too. Eg, your Miata, golf gti

FIY I had a RWD truck before I sold it, I also acquired a RWD truck but I had to return it and get my cash back due to the kazeemization done to it.

Dumb-fool
Do you know what winter is ??
How will you drive your front wheel car in a 5 inch snow storm.
You will get stock in the snow storm & no one will help your dumb-ass
You need to travel asap

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by AdekunleSegun(m): 5:58pm On May 21, 2015
FWD: Faster acceleration.

RWD: balance, stronger,ruggedest,better control, its front wheels does lesser Work, i can turn my steering almost 90° without fear, more expensive.
Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by adanny01(m): 5:59pm On May 21, 2015
Atmmachine:

Dumb-fool
Do you know what winter is ??
How will you drive your front wheel car in a 5 inch snow storm.
You will get stock in the snow storm & no one will help your dumb-ass
You need to travel asap

I wonder who the fool is, is every snowfall 5 inch? 5 inch snow has become the minimum snowfall abi? Which car wont get stuck in a snow storm? Even an aeroplane gets grounded in a snow storm so what are you saying?

If a front wheel drive and a rear wheel drive car both get stuck on ice, snow, sand or mud which do you think has a better chance. Front wheel does better in all conditions above so what do you know? Front wheels officially has better traction than rear wheels.

Its high time you converted you own visa fees for WAEC/NECO fees.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by noblegrex: 6:00pm On May 21, 2015
Thanks guy for bringing these to our notice or more specifically,to my notice I appreciate your efort.plagia or no plagia atleast you've pested something no only debatable but reasonable.people should learn to appreciate, well, there's always room for criticizm but I must be sure you guys are not car dealers.
Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by Atmmachine(m): 6:05pm On May 21, 2015
adanny01:

I wonder who the fool is, is every snowfall 5 inch? 5 inch snow has become the minimum snowfall abi? Which car wont get stuck in a snow storm? Even an aeroplane gets grounded in a snow storm so what are you saying?

Its high time you converted you own visa fees for WAEC/NECO fees.

What is WAEC/NECO ??
Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by adanny01(m): 6:11pm On May 21, 2015
Atmmachine:

What is WAEC/NECO ??

Last time i checked, this is Nairaland! If your dumb behind has no idea what WAEC/NECO is, you aint got business here. Do you know what NAIRA is?

Little kids of nowadays. SMH undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by kinematic(m): 6:17pm On May 21, 2015
This is educative! I hope to see more posts like this on nairaland.
Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 21, 2015
Atmmachine:

What is WAEC/NECO ??

You claim to be a Miami resident wannabee but really you're a stupide satanic black colobus african monkey of the colobus satanas specie.

Omale jatijati.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by adanny01(m): 6:25pm On May 21, 2015
AdekunleSegun:
FWD: Faster acceleration, Better control or traction, better fuel economy, light weight, easy assembly, low cabin huming noise

RWD: balance, stronger,ruggedest,better control, its front wheels does lesser Work, i can turn my steering almost 90° without fear, more expensive.

The bold is a big lie!

Rear wheel has lower traction thats why it is prefered for drifting. You ever wonder why front wheel drive is not used for drifting, because it has so much control that to get it to loose control isnt so easy.

Do you know drifting is an art of controling a car that has actually lost traction or control. Try it and see.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by adanny01(m): 6:27pm On May 21, 2015
kinematic:
This is educative! I hope to see more posts like this on nairaland.

Yet another misled one. No offence intended, but you shouldnt've bought the crap from the op.
Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by LastProphet: 7:11pm On May 21, 2015
adanny01:

Yet another misled one. No offence intended, but you shouldnt've bought the crap from the op.

u obviously have your own point while the OP has valid ones too, if u didn't agree with his conclusions there are less abusive ways of doing that. this is the same reason why ignorant people end up ruling the enlightened because while they are busy fighting each other he amasses power. u and the OP have schooled many of us today already but it can be wout insults

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by adanny01(m): 7:30pm On May 21, 2015
LastProphet:

u obviously have your own point while the OP has valid ones too, if u didn't agree with his conclusions there are less abusive ways of doing that. this is the same reason why ignorant people end up ruling the enlightened because while they are busy fighting each other he amasses power. u and the OP have schooled many of us today already but it can be wout insults

The crux of the matter is that the op has no point since the whole post isnt his but some one elses opinion which he copied and pasted without attributing it to the writer personalized in the write up.

The op's opinion is not yet known so if you notice i cant reply him based on the post.

I didnt mean to abuse or insult kinematic but i believe he is a victim of the op. The only person i believe i've insulted deserves every bit of it even though it wasnt i he insulted.
Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by lezz(m): 7:46pm On May 21, 2015
lomomike:
Hey guys, I don't wanna ban him. I wanna oppose him, intelligently.

Tonychristopher, hope you know curvette and viper are RWD?
1. Why don't you try driving it in the wet or snow? A FWD will handle better in snow and wet than a FWD,
2. A FWD accelerate faster off the line than a RWD with same engine, same mass, same gear ratios due to mass on driving wheels while RWD won't accelerate as fast as a FWD due to excessive mass, and excessive wheel spin
3. A FWD has more space than a RWD,
4. A FWD gives more fuel economy than a RWD.
5. Some FWD handles high speed too. Eg, your Miata, golf gti

FIY I had a RWD truck before I sold it, I also acquired a RWD truck but I had to return it and get my cash back due to the kazeemization done to it.
there are no fwd in the world's fastest 10 cars!!! FACT.

the handling and comfort of a rwd trumps that of a fwd to blazes. reason all bad ass manufacturers go for rwd e.g benz, Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley, aston martin etc. and when Toyota and co want to play catch up, they equip some of their Lexus with rwd.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best by legalwealth(m): 9:13pm On May 21, 2015
I don't care about this comparison because I go All Wheel Drive anytime...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians / 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great / Gold Customized 1982 Mercedes Benz Spotted In Kaduna (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.