Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project (42970 Views)

Court Stops Jonathan From Relocating $500m Oil Project From Lagos To Bayelsa / Jonathan Orders $500m Oil Project Moved From Lagos / Panic As Presidential Guards Shield Jonathan From Gun Salute Drama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by myweb(m): 5:49am On May 16, 2015
A Federal High Court, sitting in Lagos has granted injunctions restraining President Goodluck Jonathan and other relevant government agencies from carrying out the order to relocate the $500 million oil project from LADOL Free Trade Zone(FTZ) in Lagos to Agga in Bayelsa State.

Also restrained in the judgment given by the Presiding Justice of the Court, J.T Tsoho on Tuesday May 12, 2015 are the National Assembly, the Federal Ministers of Transport and Justice/Attorney General of the Federation.

The court said they were being restrained from implementing the directive of President Jonathan that oil and gas-related cargoes must be discharged at Intels facilities in Onne, Warri and Calabar Ports.

According to Prof. Fidelis Oditah QC (Queens Counsel) and Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) who filed the motion on behalf of LADOL, the injunctions ensure that all related agencies, including the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), must allow vessels and cargoes to proceed directly to any Port of choice, including oil and gas cargoes.

The Injunctions further prevent the passing of the amendments to the Oil and Gas Export Free Zones Act which sought, among other changes, to impose a foreign owned monopoly on the movement of oil and gas cargoes in Nigeria; Transfer control of 12 Free Zone’s in Nigeria currently under the NEPZA Act to the control of the Oil and Gas Free Zone, which is controlled by the same foreign owned monopoly company.

The injunctions granted are as follows:

1. Injunction restraining the House of Representatives of the National Assembly from considering or passing the amendment of sections 1, 2 and 12(5) of the 1996 Act inserted by sections 2, 3 and 10 of the Oil and Gas Export Free Zone Act (Amendment) Bill 2013 passed by the Senate on 7 May 2015 pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice filed by the Plaintiffs/Applicants in these proceedings.

2. Injunction restraining the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria from assenting to the amendment of sections 1, 2, 12(5) of the 1996 Act inserted by sections 2, 3 and 10 of the Oil and Gas Export Free Zone Act (Amendment) Bill 2013 passed by the Senate on 7 May 2015 pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice filed by the Plaintiffs/Applicants in these proceedings.

3. Injunction restraining the Defendants and each of them and/or agents and/or privies from taking any step to enforce the purported directive of the President of the Federal of Nigeria contained in the letter from NPA to the Plaintiff dated 27 April 2015 to the effect that all oil and gas related cargoes must be handled at the designated Intels terminals in Onne, Warri and Calabar ports pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice filed by the Plaintiffs/Applicants in these proceedings.

4. Injunction restraining the Defendants and each of them and/or agents and/or privies from taking any step to enforce the purported directive of the President of the Federal of Nigeria contained in the letter from NPA to the Plaintiff dated 27 April 2015 requiring the Plaintiff to build its fabrication and FPSO integration facility at designated Intels terminals in Onne, Warri or Calabar ports pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice filed by the Plaintiffs/Applicants in these proceedings.
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project-from-lagos-to-bayelsa/

11 Likes

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by fastguy10: 6:05am On May 16, 2015
One Nigeria is a big fraud

Which court stops jonathan from relocating $500m oil project from lagos to bayelsa

lagos is nt one of d oil producing state in Nigeria and them can never be

Gej if u dnt ignore dat court n do ur wish I will nt be happy wt u at all we deserve it becos it is our right

DS ONE NIGERIA IS A BIG FRAUD

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by Yomboy4ever(m): 6:05am On May 16, 2015
Nice move thumb up
Big No to last hour looting
bt came back lost d space I booked with kkk chai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by oneeast: 6:06am On May 16, 2015
I am beginning to see GEJ as clueless! What was GEJ doing for 6yrs that he could not give his state an airport. He could not even deliver this same oil project to his oil rich state! Is it now at the eleventh hour that he can achieve it? He was even clueless to his own people!

I am sorry but GEJ has lived up to the word-CLUELESS.

Before you insult me, I was a member of TAN that went to campaign in UK and also a die-hard GEJ fan.

289 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by socialmediaman: 6:07am On May 16, 2015
This man's people will flog him when he gets to Otueke for bringing home nothing to them.. He really took time to wake up from that slumber

85 Likes

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by Osehnetworld(m): 6:08am On May 16, 2015
Y de go stop am?
Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by mikeywise(m): 6:10am On May 16, 2015
This is good news

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by modath(f): 6:13am On May 16, 2015
Jonathan knew that plan was DOA based on the logistical and financial bottleneck it will create and the fact that it makes no sense in any way whatsoever....

The project is a private consortium funded one and the funding was sourced based on location, logistics and viability.

Trust Jona to play the victim card & also make so much noise about it though --despite knowing its too late.. so he could write in his memoir or recount to his people;

"I tried to help "US", but our common "enemies" scuttled my plans" undecided

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by CecyAdrian(f): 6:17am On May 16, 2015
Great. A bigger blow returned. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by eazisky(m): 6:24am On May 16, 2015
Lolz, jonah wan do last catch before may 29 grin

5 Likes

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by Maxymilliano(m): 6:24am On May 16, 2015
Too little too late.

Jonathan should revert back to status quo and let it be ...

7 Likes

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by Oklander: 6:27am On May 16, 2015
oneeast:
I am beginning to see GEJ as clueless! What was GEJ doing for 6yrs that he could not give his state an airport. He could not even deliver this same oil project to his oil rich state! Is it now at the eleventh hour that he can achieve it?

GEJ has lived up to that word- CLUELESS.

Before you insult me, I was a member of TAN that campaigned in UK and also die-hard GEJ fan.
E don tey wey we know...

133 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by luvmijeje(f): 6:28am On May 16, 2015
grin grin grin Jonaooooooo....... What an accidental President.

70 Likes

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by modath(f): 6:30am On May 16, 2015
oneeast:
I am beginning to see GEJ as clueless! What was GEJ doing for 6yrs that he could not give his state an airport. He could not even deliver this same oil project to his oil rich state! Is it now at the eleventh hour that he can achieve it?

Before you insult me, I was a member of TAN that campaigned in UK and also die-hard GEJ fan.

You are truly a TANoid!! shocked No one else can ever come up with this kind of " reasoning" . This is the hallmark of TANism... lipsrsealed

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by Nobody: 6:36am On May 16, 2015
smiley GEJ again, make i sleep finish angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by Penuelseun(m): 6:36am On May 16, 2015
Last minute attempt @ corruption, didn't they survey d previous site before deciding to relocate @ the eleventh hour? Jonathan should just hand over jejely before putting himself into deeper problems

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by Josedon1(m): 6:36am On May 16, 2015
THISIS JUST THE START

1 Like

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by Innodon(m): 6:36am On May 16, 2015
Okay

1 Like

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by theV0ice: 6:37am On May 16, 2015
oneeast:

Chai! cheesy cheesy if a self confessed TANoid can be this brutally candid, what remains for me to say??

I'll simply repeat....chai!! cheesy

As for this guy below, he isn't a fastguy because if he was, he'll know the difference between a private investment and a fully govt funded project.

fastguy10:
Which court stops jonathan from relocating $500m oil project from lagos to bayelsa
Gej if u dnt ignore dat court n do ur wish I will nt be happy wt u at all we deserve it becos it is our right

Nigeria isn't a big fraud my friend, Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is the big fraud cheesy

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by john4aguero: 6:37am On May 16, 2015
Eh ya! Jona do something, na just 13days you get oo.

Meanwhile... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by ednut1(m): 6:38am On May 16, 2015
if Abacha cud steal 5billion dols wit d price of crude oyel at dat time. how much has GEJ nd his babe stolen GEJ GEJ ole buruku

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by Er0ticAngela(f): 6:38am On May 16, 2015
fastguy10:

its a private investment. Gej can go build a seaport by himself for his people in Bayelsa state.

Mr Ladi Jadesinmi, a Yoruba man is the facilitator of the $500million LADOL Free Trade Zone project, hence, the project should remain in Yorubaland.

Instead of jonathan to empower young and dynamic enteprenuer from the Niger Delta, he was busy empowering militants and criminals like Asari Dokubo, Tompolo, Ateke Tom, Boyloaf etc.

Go and tell Asari Dokubo to build a FTZ for you too.

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by Er0ticAngela(f): 6:39am On May 16, 2015
This is a very good news. The project should remin in Lagos State. If the arguement for the decongestion of Lagos holds water, then the project should be relocated to either Ogun state or Ondo state both in the SouthWest, both states also have access to the Atlantic Ocean and crude oil deposits

Jonathan should enjoin his Niger Delta kinsmen to build such for them too in Bayelsa state. Mr Ladi Jadesinmi's project SHALL REMAIN IN THE SOUTH WEST

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by omenka(m): 6:39am On May 16, 2015
Nigeria will rise again. I believe.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by kennydee05(m): 6:39am On May 16, 2015
Good decision....
What a pity to those that made a clueless man like this their role model....
But as for me that handsome boy from Daura is my role model....

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by Pavore9: 6:40am On May 16, 2015
This further ridicules the Presidency! Was there no due diligence before it was sited there?

16 Likes

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by 1stola: 6:40am On May 16, 2015
Good.
Jònadaft
Jonadunce
Jontahief.
He want to embezzle the money.

20 Likes

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by ednut1(m): 6:40am On May 16, 2015
Er0ticAngela:
H
for hotel

41 Likes

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by babyfaceafrica: 6:41am On May 16, 2015
Nice move by the courts....when people fail to act as at when due..it affects others..was jonathan sleeping before...all these late moves will be rubbished when the general comes

10 Likes

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by symbianDON(m): 6:42am On May 16, 2015
this man should just pack and go back home. He has done enough damages already.

17 Likes

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by omenka(m): 6:42am On May 16, 2015
oneeast:

I don't know... Although I see a lot of folks using the line - what did he do for his people?- I don't quite subscribe to that argument.

Mr Jonathan was voted as the president of Nigeria, his people are Nigerians, and his domain encapsulates the entire landmass of Nigeria and her maritime boundary and not a particular section of the country. If he failed "his people", then it is Nigerians he failed, and if he does well to his people, it is still the generality of Nigerians that would enjoy the goodies.

My dad told me something once. He said "power rotation is rotation of corruption", and he is so damn right. Think about it, should all zones receive equal treatment and attention from whoever it is that occupies the center, who would have time or care a hoot agitation for power?? That is why ironically, I sort of say it is rather commendable for a guy in Nigerian polity if he is being vilified by people that "he did nothing for his people. It somewhat shows he's not ethnocentric. smiley

Only problem is when everybody complains he did nothing for them. It simply means all he did, he did for himself and himself only.

43 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project by Pavore9: 6:42am On May 16, 2015
fastguy10:

He can't try that! What has he been doing for the past 5yrs that he is now realizing it?

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet Chinor Emeka Who Dared The War Chest Of PDP, APC For Mbaitoli/Ikeduru / Primate Ayodele: Peter Obi Not Ordained To Be Nigeria's President / Tinubu: I Will Return Peter Obi To Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.