Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:59 PM

Please Help Save Moronfolu Gabriel (urgent) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help Save Moronfolu Gabriel (urgent) (899 Views)

Help !!!! Please Help Save A Nairalanders Life This Christmas / Help !!! Help Save Light; A Great Fighter / Please Help Save My Brother. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Save Moronfolu Gabriel (urgent) by apoti(m): 8:48am On May 16, 2015
Dear Nairalanders, e-helpers

Please help us save a friend's life!

We are raising money to contribute towards the cost of a life-saving surgery for a friend Adepoju Moronfolu Gabriel who has been diagnosed with constrictive pericarditis (read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constrictive_pericarditis)

Folu, as he is popularly called, studied Chemistry at the University of Ibadan from 2004 to 2008. Folu is from a very humble background. And he has been through a lot of struggles. In his first year at University Folu could not afford a mattress for the first three months. He slept on a spring bed frame. But he managed to pull himself through the programme and graduated with excellent grades.

Few years later in 2011, Folu returned for masters in Inorganic Chemistry. He had big dreams like anyone and hoped that a postgraduate qualification will help him realise his dreams.

Unfortunately he has been diagnosed with a life threatening heart condition, known as constrictive pericarditis which can be treated by surgery.

Folu is a poet, a writer and a very most easy-going and decent indivudual. So it is very sad to learn that such a fine person is going through so much pain.

Thankfully, pericardial stripping -a life-saving surgery has been scheduled to take place soon at the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital, Ile-Ife, Nigeria . The surgery is estimated to cost 1.6 million Nigerian Naira (approximately US$ 8,000 / £5400).

Unfortunately, raising this amount of money has been very difficult for Folu, which is why we lead with you to join me contribute towards his treatment, and give him a chance to live his dreams!

Please join this campaign to save his life. No amount is too small.

Thank you ever so much for your help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK636sTKbyM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4BaJIjFRPE
Re: Please Help Save Moronfolu Gabriel (urgent) by apoti(m): 8:49am On May 16, 2015
Cc: R231 OAM4J TGIRL MYND JARUS CHAIRCOVER JAYBEE BIOLABEE Lalasticlala
Re: Please Help Save Moronfolu Gabriel (urgent) by apoti(m): 2:33pm On May 16, 2015
Please people, we need your help. No amount is too small.
I can give his number in case the TEHN coordinators want to send a representative to verify the story.
Re: Please Help Save Moronfolu Gabriel (urgent) by TeHN: 11:32am On May 18, 2015
Dear Apoti,

We are very sorry to hear about the health challenges your friend is currently experiencing.

However, TeHN has stopped accepting medical cases and won't be able to provide the much needed coordinated help.

We will continue to be with your friend in prayers and hopefully provide some sort of financial support if and when the case is verified by other reputable Nlers

Regards

TeHN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Save Moronfolu Gabriel (urgent) by alkonami(m): 5:05pm On May 18, 2015
[quote author=TeHN post=33852027]Dear Apoti,

We are very sorry to hear about the health challenges your friend is currently experiencing.

However, TeHN has stopped accepting medical cases and won't be able to provide the much needed coordinated help.

We will continue to be with your friend in prayers and hopefully provide some sort of financial support if and when the case is verified by other reputable Nlers

Regards

TeHN

please what's the reason for this.. Anticipating your response
Re: Please Help Save Moronfolu Gabriel (urgent) by TeHN: 9:32am On May 19, 2015
[quote author=alkonami post=33862117][/quote]

Medical cases are extremely challenging and as such they are beyond our expertise. In the past we've been able to restrict our involvement to funds collection but our key modus operandi demands that we ensure accountability which as you know would require us to be involved in every step all through the way.

We understand that it’s always very difficult to say no but be rest assured this decision was taken after listening to various feedback from our key stakeholders

Best Regards

TeHN
Re: Please Help Save Moronfolu Gabriel (urgent) by apoti(m): 10:52am On May 19, 2015
TeHN:
Dear Apoti,

Regards

TeHN

Thanks for your response. I do understand your decision.

As you noted in your reply, how do I go about the verification process?
Folu is currently admitted at the OAU teaching hospital in Ife. He is happy for anyone to come to verify the case.
any financial support no matter how little will be appreciated.
Re: Please Help Save Moronfolu Gabriel (urgent) by Seunvense(m): 11:13am On May 19, 2015
TEHN pls do something about this,we are talking about life threatening disease.
Re: Please Help Save Moronfolu Gabriel (urgent) by apoti(m): 11:41am On May 19, 2015
Please can anyone in Ile-Ife help verify this case
Re: Please Help Save Moronfolu Gabriel (urgent) by jaybee3(m): 1:35pm On May 19, 2015
apoti:

Thanks for your response. I do understand your decision.

As you noted in your reply, how do I go about the verification process?
Folu is currently admitted at the OAU teaching hospital in Ife. He is happy for anyone to come to verify the case.
any financial support no matter how little will be appreciated.
Contact the health section mod and convince them to get any reputable member from the NL to coordinate the verification visit.

I'm sure we have loads of OAU students on NL
Re: Please Help Save Moronfolu Gabriel (urgent) by apoti(m): 1:43pm On May 19, 2015
jaybee3:

Contact the health section mod and convince them to get any reputable member from the NL to coordinate the verification visit.

I'm sure we have loads of OAU students on NL

Thanks Jaybee. I will mail th mods now.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Let Your Course Mate Sleep Over @YOUR HOUSE??? / Personal Experiences With HOSPITALS For Childbirth In LAGOS, Nigeria. / BBC Documentary Post Mortem Test Result Of An Obessed Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.