Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) (87869 Views)

Jesus Of Nazareth - An Historical View / MUST READ : Read The Life & Times Of A Man Who Call Himself "Jesus Of Oyingbo" / Meet Brian Deacon The Man Who Acted Jesus Of Nazareth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by umarc19: 9:16am On May 17, 2015
Who is Jesu' Oyingbo undecided?
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Pavore9: 9:21am On May 17, 2015
HungerBAD:
Ishilove. Na me you ban for 1 week? If really you be babe and not an E-babe, i pray you get pikin outside wedlock.

Pavore9. For you to know about the bakery and bobo (the old caged chimp) means you really are a Maryland guy.

You forgot to also mention Mogambo.

As a young man that had his primary/secondary schooling close to this jesu oyingbo,we used to be warned against walking alone around that Emmanuel street, least we become slaves too.

Personally I feel most of the things said and written about him were lies. But, that I realized as an adult.

People fear what they don't understand I.E Denrele, T.B Joshua, Olumba, Patience Jonathan, Guru Maharaji.

In those days there were not an abundant of PR Gurus to launder ones images, so the stories about this man and his very secretive sect/church grew a lot, even if the man or his church never bothered anyone.

There was never a DNA test conducted to officially say the kids he had were inbreeding, but boy everybody that came out from the fenced walls of Emmanuel's compound looked like a carbon copy of one person.

The education in me keeps asking, how can one man father so many kids? How many times did he make love? I mean this guy would have to be getting at least 5 to 10 women pregnant everyday in his adult life to have so much kids.

Even this loud mouthed little boys on the romance section here, who think with what is in their boxers and brag about it childishly will not even be able to be sleeping with 2 or 3 women everyday, and that is why Jesu Oyingbo case is so confusing.

The only part about his church I still find disturbing was why he kept everybody under key and lock.

I remember the first day most came out the first time, they were looking all lost and admiring the Maryland express road, as if it was dubai.

What eventually happened to those kids?

But one thing is certain. What ever brand of religion he preached or practiced died with him.

N:B

Ishilove I Don dey follow you for Nairaland, Follow me back.

l worshipped at St, Agnes Catholic Church, Maryland and attended Maryland Comprehensive Secondary School, so Maryland was my zone!
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 9:32am On May 17, 2015
Jeez.... The man must have had really strong genes.... Everyone that's related to him always has the same set of features as their progenitor. I and one his grandsons attended school, he still is a striking match of the pic the op posted.... I quickly saved it on my phone . would eureka show him when I see him.

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by MrCork: 9:33am On May 17, 2015
Ishilove:
I was very young when this man died, but i do faintly recall he was very flamboyant and controversial. I have always found him fascinating, so i went digging and came up with bits and pieces of information about his shocking religious movement.

When 'Jesu' died in 1988, as it is with a lot of polygamous families with no will written by the patriarch before he passed, his wives, children and members engaged in a legal brawl over the man's wealth and property. During the course of the dispute, a lot of shocking and disgusting things which had taken place in secret was revealed.

http://nigeria.gounna.com/show/show/70032/1

I wonder how Lagos fared in the 'rescue mission' of those under the so-called hypnosis... Anyway, this article below, written by the New York Times ten years after his death, gives an insight into the lives of some of his children and their relationship with one another.

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/12/08/world/lagos-journal-after-carnival-of-second-coming-an-apocalypse.html

[img]http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/661422-members-of-the-jesus-of-oyingbo-cult-clean-off-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=RB0GINVKNSrglg3koBnvLYR7yjFenkaxz5NDyJxZCuqQBESjW5iqehOMmhNssCRU.jpg[/img]

I wonder how people get brainwashed. The mind boggles.

Sadly, we have several 'Jesu Oyingbo' in different guises and different manifestations. One thing they have in common is charisma and charm. You will need the aforementioned to charm women into abandoning their families, careers, lives and coming to live with you. A case in point being the late Ann, who was one of the many intimacy gadgets of that notorious bearded felon on death row in Kirikiri, Reverend King. Unfortunately, she woke up too late, because her lover doused her liberally with petrol and lighted up her universe. Her deathbed testimony was very instrumental to indictment and locking up of this man called Rev King.

Despite this, his followers still troop to Kirikiri to meet him for counseling and blessings.

Jesu Oyingbo had 34 wives, and practiced a most peculiar form of syncretism, yet he had followers who did not blink when he took over their wives. To add to this sickening mix, there was large scale incest in the 'movement'.

Now my, question is this: did men like Jesu Oyingbo and Reverend King use the age old hypnosis, aka Jazz, aka, African Technology to win their die hard followers, or was it charisma and charm?

Lets discuss.

....sweeery pliss can we discuss yor figure insted??....its enterin ma eyes & right now...am on attention!! tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by ijechikky(f): 9:35am On May 17, 2015
Meanwhile,, I heard wen he actually died dt he resurrected; but wen he was bout resurrecting dat d holy ghost fire scatterd his body alongside, so no be true grin

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 9:35am On May 17, 2015
MrCork:

....sweeery pliss can we discuss yor figure insted??....its enterin ma eyes & right now...am on attention!! tongue

Dirty old Cork..... You seem to be in persistent heat these days.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Zeus777: 9:39am On May 17, 2015
Pavore9:
Childhood memories......we used to buy bread from his bakery every Sunday on our way back from Church. Can't forget that Baba with pink lips who was always behind the counter...the smell of pastry was intoxicating! Can still remember the name of his bread was Goodluck cheesy cheesy cheesy

As a child, his Estate was scary with all those sculptures and the place was always dead silent, one felt as if he being 'spiritually watched'.

Loved visiting those caged Monkeys that was were the Protea Hotel Leadway, Maryland is presently located.

Childhood memories indeed! Baba said he would resurrect we still dey wait! cheesy cheesy cheesy

The white man also said one mr Jesus is coming back...we still dey wait tongue tongue tongue!
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Pavore9: 9:42am On May 17, 2015
Zeus777:
The white man also said one mr Jesus is coming back...we still the wait tongue tongue tongue!

Jesus resurrected as he foretold, Jesu of Oyingbo also foretold his..........we still dey wait! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by MrCork: 9:43am On May 17, 2015
Ravenwolf:

Dirty old Cork..... You seem to be in persistent heat these days.

....bro u don't like feminine figure?...abi?...or iz ther somtin u wanna tell us ? AMA good listener u no! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by femi4: 9:45am On May 17, 2015
Pavore9:
Childhood memories......we used to buy bread from his bakery every Sunday on our way back from Church. Can't forget that Baba with pink lips who was always behind the counter...the smell of pastry was intoxicating! Can still remember the name of his bread was Goodluck cheesy cheesy cheesy

As a child, his Estate was scary with all those sculptures and the place was always dead silent, one felt as if he being 'spiritually watched'.

Loved visiting those caged Monkeys that was were the Protea Hotel Leadway, Maryland is presently located.

Childhood memories indeed! Baba said he would resurrect we still dey wait! cheesy cheesy cheesy

I used to eat there, whenever I wanted to feel big. "Ticket no 05, yes! over here"
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 9:47am On May 17, 2015
Another religious scammer...

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 9:48am On May 17, 2015
To your last question; If Jesus of Oyingbo used Jazz to hypnotized his 'followers' - The answer is 'No!'. The mind of humans constantly seek to believe what ever is constantly repeated. It thrives on resonance and it is the essence of creationism. It works in both ways, if you repeatedly tell a lie just for so long, people will massively believe it. If you constantly repeat the sentence 'I will make it' somehow you will.

We might all think it is odd for people to have believed such a con, but have we ever questioned the sanity of the millions of Christians worldwide who believe the 'Virgin Birth of Jesus of Nazareth' ? This is a bigger hypnotism. Do we question the rationale behind the cult-like followership of Mohammed of Islam, even so blinded by the believe that they will inherit virgins after Jihad ? How do people expect to have sex when there is no physical body there ? There is madness and stupidity in 'all' religions. One can confidently say, that Religion itself is a scam that has elements of truism.

One does not need religion to know about God, you need Science.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Zeus777: 9:49am On May 17, 2015
Pavore9:

Jesus resurrected as he foretold, Jesu of Oyingbo also foretold his..........we still dey wait! cheesy cheesy cheesy
show me PROOF that ur mr Jesus resurrected or idontbeliveit! tongue
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by shogosco: 9:54am On May 17, 2015
I want to become Jesu agege, how do I go about it?
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by zicoraads: 9:58am On May 17, 2015
Zeus777:
Haven't you heard of the Holy Bible? Read it and pray for the Holy Spirit to give you divine understanding and open your eyes. You will be dazed!

3 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Pavore9: 10:02am On May 17, 2015
Zeus777:

l need not show any proof......It is my faith, my conviction just as you are at liberty to live with the belief that there was no resurrection. cool cool

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by onegig(m): 10:12am On May 17, 2015
freecocoa:
I'm not surprised many people fell and still fall for their lies, in a place where superstition is the order of the day, what do you expect?

One of the best things that can happen to a person is to ditch religion.
Your last line is not true. Yeah, seeking hope or being overtly superstitious push most people into following things like zombies but it happens in all facets of human life.

Have you seen how some people gobble whatever rubbish a celebrity say just because they see them as demigods? This also happens in the intellectual and financial field. People looking up to Professors, High ranking CEOs, Rich men and so on as gods.

The problem isn't religion, it is man's innate crave for a "superman" entity that can help them navigate the murky waters of life. Nothing wrong with this but when such Superman thingy turns to HEROWORSHIP then it's a big problem because all logical reasoning is lost at that point and the soul is already owned by this hero to do whatever they like with it. Religion is just more susceptible to such scenarios because of the need for the "sheep and leader" process that most religious denominations requires.

One reason i have apathy to organized religion's use of a "preacher" or "head" to dictate to people how to live their lives. They most times (90% of the time) end up putting their own colouration to such messages and messing things up badly. Best bet is for everyone to pick their holy books and make personal inferences from whatever they read there. It's simple but impossible for majority of humans because they can't "think and reflect" for themselves.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Leopantro: 10:16am On May 17, 2015
Pavore9:

l worshipped at St, Agnes Catholic Church, Maryland and attended Maryland Comprehensive Secondary School, so Maryland was my zone!

So nice to come in contact with Maryland guys. Also attended St Agnes but went to immaculate heart comprehensive.

I recall those statues, use to be afraid of them. there use to be a popular barbers shop on that street where the barbers use that ancient clipper with razor. They had a large poster of the guy on the wall.
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by fr3do(m): 10:28am On May 17, 2015
plaetton:

No jazz, no magic.

The human mind is like clay.
It is very very malleable.
This goes to prove, and I have argued before, that there is no freewill.
The mind is always always fully or partially encumbered by the very nature of it's evolution.

We are hardly independent personalities viewing and judging reality from a distance. No.
Rather, are network of neural interactions, mirroring , expressing and trying to validate individual selves through our environments.

My point in all this is that the mind is porous and akways open to hacking and subtle manipulation, especially when you have the perfect combination of fear, superstition, ignorance and hopeless poverty.
Believe it or not, about 90%or more of people want to be controlled or led.
They want another person, a stronger mind, to define reality to them and break it down in small chewable bits, with plenty of sugar.
this is why Africa and other poverty laden societies provide the perfect inexhaustible resources for religious fraudsters and hustlers.

You were making sense until the bolded, you are just another pessimistic self hater who thinks he is inferior to the white man.
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 10:29am On May 17, 2015
I just wish one day we would use this so called jazz.magic or whatever in science and technology..
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 10:30am On May 17, 2015
MrCork:

....bro u don't like feminine figure?...abi?...or iz ther somtin u wanna tell us ? AMA good listener u no! smiley

A good listener and a bad influence. I don't want to talk to you about my relationship woes.. You'll complicate it.
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 10:31am On May 17, 2015
Heard about Jesu oyingbo during my secondary school days in the. 90s. He had a lot of properties in Maryland close to eachother which some companies and firms have acquired. This is not peculiar to Nigeria alone;havnt you heard of one David koresh in the US who ones claimed to be the Jesus Christ. He was very controversial,had so many wives and children. He had his own community where he lived with his family and his followers. When the US govt discovered that a lot of missing persons were later discovered to be living in this man's facility,he was later arrested. But I can't tell if he's still alive.
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by bigtt76(f): 10:35am On May 17, 2015
Nice one! We need stuffs like this every now and then. Well done dear kiss

1 Like

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Pavore9: 10:35am On May 17, 2015
Leopantro:

So nice to come in contact with Maryland guys. Also attended St Agnes but went to immaculate heart comprehensive.

I recall those statues, use to be afraid of them. there use to be a popular barbers shop on that street where the barbers use that ancient clipper with razor. They had a large poster of the guy on the wall.

You know we Marylanders always regard immaculate heart comprehensive as aburo, Wasimi Comunity High School, Maryland no even show far near us. cheesy cheesy

Missing Maryland like mad-The Parish, the Shrine and the noise of a seemingly unending crowd of children during closing hour from pupils of St. Francis, St. Agnes and Maryland Primary school! When l see such crowd, l agree that Nigeria has a huge population! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by nosike3(m): 10:38am On May 17, 2015
plaetton:

No jazz, no magic.

The human mind is like clay.
It is very very malleable.
This goes to prove, and I have argued before, that there is no freewill.
The mind is always always fully or partially encumbered by the very nature of it's evolution.

We are hardly independent personalities viewing and judging reality from a distance. No.
Rather, are network of neural interactions, mirroring , expressing and trying to validate individual selves through our environments.

My point in all this is that the mind is porous and akways open to hacking and subtle manipulation, especially when you have the perfect combination of fear, superstition, ignorance and hopeless poverty.
Believe it or not, about 90%or more of people want to be controlled or led.
They want another person, a stronger mind, to define reality to them and break it down in small chewable bits, with plenty of sugar.
This is why Africa and other poverty laden societies provide the perfect inexhaustible resources for religious fraudsters and hustlers.
wow!!! Here's a post I love!!!
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 10:40am On May 17, 2015
Religion is sham!

undecided
Reminds me of 'Children of God'
a novel I read detailing the life of a white version of Jesu Oyingbo.
I feel that Nigerians need good jobs, stable electricity to do business, good roads, portable water, positive and productive education, accessible social amenities, etc. Give us all these and these Pastors will no longer sell.
I blame this brainwashing on POVERTY of the mind and body.

4 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by grandstar(m): 10:41am On May 17, 2015
The bible said Adam was not deceived but Eve was thoroughly deceived by the serpent (1 Tim 2:14) Jesu Oyingbo did not use juju. He simply used persuasion (Colossians 2:4,cool

The scripture foretold that false Christs and false prophets will arise and lead many astray.(Matt 24:24).Did Jesus not warn us to be aware of such false prophets in Matthew (Matt 7:15-20). Truly, by their fruits you will know them.

2 Likes

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by dahmie2013: 10:42am On May 17, 2015
Ishilove:

I've modified it. 1988.
How did he die?
Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 10:48am On May 17, 2015
dahmie2013:

How did he die?

Maybe the real Jesus killed him for impersonation undecided Who knows..

Well, Ishilove is still in church, she will wait till they count offering and sweep the church auditorium lipsrsealed before heading home, wait for her.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) by Nobody: 10:49am On May 17, 2015
Ishilove, thank you for educating me on this jesus of oyingbo, I'm in awe of how he entrap his followers with his charm and charisma.
from the article I can tell that;

The man preyed on peoples search for food, employment and good living.

The man was a fraud that's why he fused xtianity, islam and paganism into his teaching, that will go a long way to bring in people from every shade of religeon.

Jesu of oyingbo is still around today but in the form of pastorpreneuers and paedophilia imams

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Who Got Stuck In Ogun Shrine Finally Speaks (Photo) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Very Unusual Outfit / Daddy Freeze Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.