Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Etisalat Just Scammed Me. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Just Scammed Me. (1321 Views)

Did Etisalat Just Blocked The Unlimited Free Browsing Cheat??? / I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer / Etisalat Just Murdered SME Data Sellers - 1 Gig For N1000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by PhockPhockMan: 2:21pm On May 16, 2015
Etisalat just scammed me with this message

Get 1GB data for N1000 NOW. Dial *229*2*7#. Data Plan is Valid for 30 days.

I thought it's real, unfortunately, I tried it this morning, all I got is this ;

Your 200MB Internet plan subscription Fee of N 1000.00 was successfully deducted.Dial,*228# for your data balance.Your Smartphone voice

Is there anybody with the same experience?
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by cozy7(m): 2:26pm On May 16, 2015
If this is true, it's not fair at all. Hv u called their customer care to complain?
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by Rilwayne001: 2:27pm On May 16, 2015
Nah MTN own worst pass.
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by Rilwayne001: 2:29pm On May 16, 2015
cozy7:
If this is true, it's not fair at all. Hv u called their customer care to complain?

They can lie that they did send the first message.
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by teemanbastos(m): 2:30pm On May 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

I thought it's real, unfortunately, I tried it this morning, all I got is this ;

wow... 10nk God o..
10nk God..
I wanted to try dis last week but b4 i loaded.. I dialed d code ..it Said ERROR.
Datz aw i kuku go all dis retail shops go buy 1gb with 1300 cos i dnt trust the bastards.
Pls visit a etisalat centre immediately.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by ArchEnemy(m): 2:33pm On May 16, 2015
And they will get away with it as usual
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by PhockPhockMan: 2:33pm On May 16, 2015
cozy7:
I'm yet to complain. You know, I'm tired of calling till eternity without reply.
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by agrovick(m): 2:41pm On May 16, 2015
Odiegwu, but I'm currently on that plan. Subscribed last week Friday 1k for 1gb

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by PhockPhockMan: 2:43pm On May 16, 2015
teemanbastos:
wow... 10nk God o..
10nk God..
I wanted to try dis last week but b4 i loaded.. I dialed d code ..it Said ERROR.
Datz aw i kuku go all dis retail shops go buy 1gb with 1300 cos i dnt trust the bastards.
You're lucky, they zapped my 1K and send ERROR. When I checked my data balance, I was disappointed.
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by PhockPhockMan: 2:45pm On May 16, 2015
ArchEnemy:
And they will get away with it as usual
Wetin person go do?
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by PhockPhockMan: 2:47pm On May 16, 2015
agrovick:
Odiegwu, but I'm currently on that plan. Subscribed last week Friday 1k for 1gb
They may have stopped it without announcement.
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by Emmbanny(m): 3:23pm On May 16, 2015
Before you subscribe a message has to be sent to your number first from etisalat .
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by sorextee(m): 3:49pm On May 16, 2015
If u were actually on the 200mb plan, u needed to have opted out, before loading d 1k, nd dialing dat code hereafter.. probably ur data autorenewed...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by teemanbastos(m): 3:56pm On May 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
You're lucky, they zapped my 1K and send ERROR. When I checked my data balance, I was disappointed.
complain to the customer service
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by limolalikamaila: 4:52pm On May 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

you re not scammed, or you forgot stealing is not corruption.
DAT is how it will be until may 29

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by PhockPhockMan: 5:20pm On May 16, 2015
limolalikamaila:
you re not scammed, or you forgot stealing is not corruption.
DAT is how it will be until may 29
Will Jesus come on May 29?
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by georgee(m): 5:48pm On May 16, 2015
U wia suppose to opt out of ur 200MB data plan before doin dat stuff.. Chikena

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by moski5(m): 6:03pm On May 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

if yu had called them they could ve refunded yu d money within 48hrs or yu call 622 to report them week days working hours
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by t33why: 6:10pm On May 16, 2015
U people should stop saying etisalat scammed you jare, i'm pretty sure the fault is from u. Something wey I still subscribe today. If them collect ur 1k, walahi i go fit hold on from morning reach midnight until cc pick my call, moreover u dont even need to stay more dan 30mins tops. U wont get a solution here, if u r sure ur not on any plan that autorenews( all plans autorenew) and u have the 1gb for 1k message, oga just enter any of their centres, them go rectify their own fuckup sharp sharp. Meanwhile don't believe anything some of these customer care people say, most of them are ignorant and plain clueless
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by heykims(m): 6:23pm On May 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
No, he's sending a representative.
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by musicwriter(m): 6:36pm On May 16, 2015
sorextee:
If u were actually on the 200mb plan, u needed to have opted out, before loading d 1k, nd dialing dat code hereafter.. probably ur data autorenewed...

This's the most plausible explanation for that. I'm also on the 200MB plan and when I received the same message as the OP I wanted to try it but couldn't because I didn't know how to unsubscribe first. If I made the mistake of toping my account with N1,000 they would have taken it immediately to give me 200MB. OP, I believe that's what happened to you.
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by Syphax(m): 6:49pm On May 16, 2015
These service operators will keep on treating us like shit till NUC does something about it.

Try and contact their customer service.
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by Syphax(m): 6:50pm On May 16, 2015
teemanbastos:
wow... 10nk God o..
10nk God..

Chai,,you get luck sey them no dey follow you from village.
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by dominique(f): 8:03pm On May 16, 2015
Op automatic renewal is what happened to your line. Next time if you want to subscribe for a new plan, opt out of the previous one by dialling *229*0# first. Same thing happened to someone I know and she called customer care to complain. She was refunded of the money and did the new subscription. You can try your luck and see how it goes.
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by imsuboi(m): 10:50pm On May 16, 2015
dominique:
Op automatic renewal is what happened to your line. Next time if you want to subscribe for a new plan, opt out of the previous one by dialling *229*0# first. Same thing happened to someone I know and she called customer care to complain. She was refunded of the money and did the new subscription. You can try your luck and see how it goes.

Thanks jare. I was about saying this now.

I also know of a friend this happened to. She was refunded her 2000naira airtime within 24hours.

Call etisalat customer care, you'll be refunded your airtime in no time wink
Re: Etisalat Just Scammed Me. by limolalikamaila: 11:11pm On May 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

no stealing will become corruption

(1) (Reply)

Which Network In Nigeria Is The Cheapest For Calls? / First MTK phone to feature 13MP front camera: Will You Rock Latest Innjoo 2? / Infinix Hot 2 Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.