Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,487 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! (45122 Views)

Gtbank Launches Gtpatriot, A Subsidized Banking Package For Nigeria’s Military / Gtbank Launches Nigeria’s First Virtual Mastercard / Relief For Nigeria Internet Marketer As Gtbank Launches Virtual Credit Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by nairation: 2:47pm On May 16, 2015
UBA.. shey you guys can see... GTB don leave una for back

UBA you guys are not innovative at all...

I like you guys so much but you just have to help us...

Even the USSD code for recharging straight from my account you guys have not implemented

Now USSD code for inter-bank transfer has arrived and you guys will not adopt this anytime soon

You guys should please help your customers.. UBA

In other news.. You guys can visit my new forum.. you won't regret it at all... Just give a trial and invite your friends too

www.nairation.com

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by ArchEnemy(m): 2:47pm On May 16, 2015
Kikyben2:
GTBank, always at the top of their game.
you can say that again
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by letsbet(m): 2:48pm On May 16, 2015
that means i'm going to open an account at GT bank. the amount of time that operation alone can save you is note worthy!
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by sochima1989(m): 2:48pm On May 16, 2015
Nice one but customers would always want more. So I advice dey work on their customer service section....its really poor with branches around. GTB can also hire me for that

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by funkybully(f): 2:48pm On May 16, 2015
I use this service with diamond bank. Not any first

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by foodgood: 2:50pm On May 16, 2015
Nice one. What if you want to transfer to other banks. Show us example pls.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:52pm On May 16, 2015
hmnnn...so anyone with my and phone can transfer? chai!
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Whylagos: 2:53pm On May 16, 2015
What are they talking about? I have been using this service in Union Bank since 2009. GTB must have paid this reporter

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Dollarchap(m): 2:53pm On May 16, 2015
What is the risk control measure in case of theft of one's phone?

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by omenka(m): 2:53pm On May 16, 2015
UBA is the worst Bank on this planet!! angry

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Youngzedd(m): 2:53pm On May 16, 2015
Omo, don't go near there. When those badt guys will get hold of your phone. Your name will turn to sorry.

Those guys open bank account with fake details.

Other banks have this feature before GTBank. I wonder which planet the writer of this article was when other banks launched it.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by jamesbridget13(f): 2:53pm On May 16, 2015
wow wow wow. all hail gtb
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 16, 2015
ok O
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by prof22(m): 2:55pm On May 16, 2015
Nice one but queue for GTBanks pass filling station own everytime, infact one day i was on queue and i was annoyed i left for the customer care to complain there was queue again. @profscomedy

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by jamesbridget13(f): 2:56pm On May 16, 2015
Youngzedd:
Omo, don't go near there. When those badt guys will get hold of your phone. Your name will turn to sorry.

Those guys open bank account with fake details.
funny but makes lots of sense. they shld invol e a pin ooo else customer care ll have lots.of.complains. lol
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by osifred(m): 2:56pm On May 16, 2015
A welcomed development. In this 21st century money transfer must be made very easy. However I urge the bank to include a password. I don't want folks transferring money to their account when they get hold of my phone knowing I bank with GT
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by pseudonomer: 2:56pm On May 16, 2015
I so much hate gtBank...
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by omenka(m): 2:57pm On May 16, 2015
Dollarchap:
What is the risk control measure in case of theft of one's phone?
There's a code, just like the code for transfer of credit. Without access to the code you can't transfer a dime.

And again, the N20,000 peg is a good security measure, just in case one is way laid and forced to make transfers. At least, you are sure not to lose beyond 20K in a day. smiley

Still, you could deny you have no account with GTB. grin

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by SleekyP(m): 2:57pm On May 16, 2015
pseudonomer:
I so much hate gtBank...
but why?
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by sunnyolads1(m): 2:58pm On May 16, 2015
opex044:
Nice innovative but how secure its?
With ur explanation above I couldn't see where d password or any security code to input. Does it mean I can pick my friends phone and transfer money to myself?
Read the info well,you can't use another person phone number except the one you registered with your account when it was opened where you receive alerts on any transaction.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Helkayklassic(m): 2:58pm On May 16, 2015
I love this cos it will reduce stress...The advantage.
This will reduce the numbers of manpower needed in Gtb...Disadvantage

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by redsquare(m): 2:59pm On May 16, 2015
Some of you guys shouting GTB are just funny. Almost all commercial banks in Nigeria have this service. I've been using Union Bank, Access Bank and UBA mobile money for over 5 years now.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by bedfordng(m): 2:59pm On May 16, 2015
this package is not complete yet. How can they allow one to transfer cash without authentication. Anyone can just pick up their friends, family members phone that are making use of gtbank and transfer cash without authentication. They should add the authentication pin to prevent one from sending cash unauthorized. Its a good innovation but not yet complete without authentication

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Electronzeez(m): 3:00pm On May 16, 2015
jboixxx:
I love ds but how secured is this, cuz this isnt credit purchase o. my token balance is IMPORTANT.

Very open to unauthorise user, once it is known to me that the line on your phone is what you use in registering for your gt account then i can manually hack in with no stress to your account.

If you lost your gtb registered line you are OYO grin.

This system is not safe till more explanation comes, i frown at this.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by princefaculty(m): 3:02pm On May 16, 2015
My o my, ŊO̶̷̩̥̊͡ regrets at all making GTB my number one Bank, they are always setting innovative pace while others follow.
This is transaction made easy.
But for security reasons I think password/ the 4digit pin should be fashioned into this as well for so someone won't just pick up the said registered line, dial the transfer figures & pooom, you are debited. I hope it will be made in a way that one can equally transfer from his GTB account to another bank account.

#KudosGTB
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by queenjoe(f): 3:03pm On May 16, 2015
dis is nt d first time m hearing this... i can do d same wit my bank (FCMB) and hv been doing dat cinz 2013
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by bedfordng(m): 3:03pm On May 16, 2015
sunnyolads1:
Read the info well,you can't use another person phone number except the one you registered with your account when it was opened where you receive alerts on any transaction.
it is still not secured because i can easily pick up someones phone if i know they make use of gtbank and the phone number is registered with it to transfer cash. At least, authentication code should be an a secured means to give access to transfer cash. It is still not complete without authentication. If i know you are making use of gtbank and have your phone number registered, i can use it to transfer cash to any bank.not everyone is aware of this.does it mean we should hide the phone number we used to create the account.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by queenjoe(f): 3:05pm On May 16, 2015
redsquare:
Some of you guys shouting GTB are just funny. Almost all commercial banks in Nigeria have this service. I've been using Union Bank, Access Bank and UBA mobile money for over 5 years now.
abi oo, hv been doing d same wit FCMB cinz 2013 so i see nothing new in it infact dey r lagging behind odas wen it cums t dis
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Whylagos: 3:05pm On May 16, 2015
And again, other banks add PIN to the process so that some one cannot pick your phone and fire your account. This process from GTB is loose.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by mayim(m): 3:06pm On May 16, 2015
kennygee:
Its not the first.

Is it not what Mobile Money is about?

Fortis has a mobile money licence. *540# to register or perform transaction from phones that are not internet enabled.
First Bank does. *894#to register or perform transaction from phones that are not internet enabled.
Stanbic IBTC does
And there is Paga
undecided
U are only right to an extent, having it this simple is the first of its kind. I hope it's as simple as its stated in there.
Just so u know am not a gtb staff, but I worked with another nigerian giant bank and worked in the e-business department, so I know what am talking about
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 16, 2015
kennygee:
Its not the first.

Is it not what Mobile Money is about?

Fortis has a mobile money licence. *540# to register or perform transaction from phones that are not internet enabled.
First Bank does. *894#to register or perform transaction from phones that are not internet enabled.
Stanbic IBTC does
And there is Paga.
undecided
For me First bank protocols na wa wa
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by fboycaestro12(m): 3:07pm On May 16, 2015
So it means someone can pick my phone and transfer money to their account. I think there should be a kind of unique pin we should have

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie / 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) / Femi Otedola And Bola Tinubu In 2005: Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.