Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! (45082 Views)

Gtbank Launches Gtpatriot, A Subsidized Banking Package For Nigeria’s Military / Gtbank Launches Nigeria’s First Virtual Mastercard / Relief For Nigeria Internet Marketer As Gtbank Launches Virtual Credit Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Nten: 4:35pm On May 16, 2015
This should be Jimi Agbaje brother. Striking resemblance
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by viktor01(m): 4:45pm On May 16, 2015
Yea. Anytime u wake up is ur own morning. I have been using ACCESS>>>>> Mobile money 4 a very long time nw.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by lastmessenger: 4:46pm On May 16, 2015
juniormusa:

Ah ah my Guy stop hating pls smiley
no vex. Na joke I de joke.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by dammytosh: 5:09pm On May 16, 2015
kennygee:
Its not the first.

Is it not what Mobile Money is about?

Fortis has a mobile money licence. *540# to register or perform transaction from phones that are not internet enabled.
First Bank does. *894#to register or perform transaction from phones that are not internet enabled.
Stanbic IBTC does
And there is Paga.
undecided

This is not Mobile Money.

This impacts your account (NUBAN) with GTB.

It is the first I must admit.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by evesdon4u: 5:12pm On May 16, 2015
GTB no dey carry last at all...
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 16, 2015
dammytosh:

This is not Mobile Money.

This impacts your account (NUBAN) with GTB.

It is the first I must admit.

That is because your mobile money account can be linked to your Bank account.

FortisMFB customers have their NUBAN accounts linked to their Mobile money accounts so it also impacts on their Bank account.

Only people without bank accounts will have to use Only their wallets and their daily limit is 1 Million naira on the fullest KYC.

I believe it is the same with First Money and Stanbic Money as well.

So, It's not the first of its kind.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by ITbomb(m): 5:15pm On May 16, 2015
So if I get my oga phone and dial the code with my number, e go enter just like that?

Innovation indeed

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 16, 2015
so if my phone is stolen, my money could be transfered without problem

good innovation.
i wonder why i bought a N3,000 token.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Tiffae: 5:28pm On May 16, 2015
Isn't he jimi's brother?
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by bily(m): 5:33pm On May 16, 2015
kennygee:

That is because your mobile money account can be linked to your Bank account.

FortisMFB customers have their NUBAN accounts linked to their Mobile money accounts so it also impacts on their Bank account.

Only people without bank accounts will have to use Only their wallets and their daily limit is 1 Million naira on the fullest KYC.

I believe it is the same with First Money and Stanbic Money as well.

So, It's not the first of its kind.

Gtb mobile money has been available since donkey years. This is very different from the fortis or other mobile money.

This works like you are checking your airtime credit with USSD code.

I want to send money to your account, I just open my dial pad and type *737*1*xxxx# and send. No prior registration of any form needed as long as I have a Gtb Account and I'm dialing with my registered phone number. It's really the first of its kind. No app, no SMS, just Ussd.
Maybe to disprove this, tell us exactly how the fortis mobile works. App? SMS? Registration required?

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by ogundeleai(m): 5:38pm On May 16, 2015
The move or the feat shoudn't be a suprise for long standing customer of the Bank.. Its only Bank in Nigeria where template is strictly being followed by every successive Directors and the Bank will continue to be relevant for years ahead
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by loifez(f): 6:08pm On May 16, 2015
WEMA bank launched this product in 2010

Its NOT new at all.....

kennygee:
Its not the first.

Is it not what Mobile Money is about?

Fortis has a mobile money licence. *540# to register or perform transaction from phones that are not internet enabled.
First Bank does. *894#to register or perform transaction from phones that are not internet enabled.
Stanbic IBTC does
And there is Paga.
undecided
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by enigmang: 6:09pm On May 16, 2015
If it works anything like their *737* mobile recharge then STAY AWAY from it .. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by tammie24: 6:09pm On May 16, 2015
So anybody can pick up my phone and do that. No security, nothing?
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by onatisi(m): 6:13pm On May 16, 2015
Gtb customers need to be very very very careful as from now on . There are many dangers associated with this method and definitely scammers and fraudsters will have a field day before this service is improved upon . First of all , we all know that cybercrime is on the increase in nigeria so the issue of last 4 digit is irrelevant, bank customers card details are readily available to hackers and corrupt bank officials. Secondly the issue of registered phone number is even the simplest, mobile phone number and sim can be cloned and this has happened so many times . Hackers have this technology. I think what gtb should do is to allow customers to choose or register for this service , then they will be issued with additional security code and strict verification system,unless this is done many gtb customers will start losing money as from monday . Money go just dey flash anyhow .
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by onatisi(m): 6:18pm On May 16, 2015
tammie24:
So anybody can pick up my phone and do that. No security, nothing?
they don't even need to pick up ur phone ,all they need is ur phone number and ur atm card number and cest fini ,ur money don go be dat

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by olulove(m): 6:24pm On May 16, 2015
nairation:
UBA.. shey you guys can see... GTB don leave una for back

UBA you guys are not innovative at all...

I like you guys so much but you just have to help us...

Even the USSD code for recharging straight from my account you guys have not implemented

Now USSD code for inter-bank transfer has arrived and you guys will not adopt this anytime soon

You guys should please help your customers.. UBA

In other news.. You guys can visit my new forum.. you won't regret it at all... Just give a trial and invite your friends too

www.nairation.com

UBA AS STARTED USING USSD SINCE LAST YEAR SIR...WALK INTO ANY BRANCH FOR CLARIFICATION
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by Sike(m): 6:27pm On May 16, 2015
Wow!
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by olulove(m): 6:37pm On May 16, 2015
How to enroll for UBA Customers using USSD Version

(Only Customers not on Umobile)

• Dial *389*033# from your mobile phone
• You will be presented with 3 registration options (register with account, register with UBA debit card, register with UBA prepaid card).
• Enter the number next to the preferred option, “1” for register with account, “2” for register debit card, “3” for register with prepaid card.
• The USSD Version will ask for more details such as your account number, card number etc. depending on option selected.
• If you select option 1, you are expected to go to a business office to complete registration by filling an enrollment form.
• If you select option 2, you do not need to go to a UBA Business Office. If the mobile phone (SIM) is same as stated in our records against the account, Umobile will automatically enroll you and send your 4 digit PIN to your screen.
• If you select option 3, you also do not need to visit a UBA business office, the PIN is generated instantly once the mobile phone number matches that recorded against the UBA prepaid card.
• Options 1 & 2 give you access to your account(s), option 3 gives you access to your UBA prepaid card.
How to use USSD Version of Umobile

• From any phone, Dial *389*033#
• If your mobile phone (SIM) is not yet enrolled, registration menus will be presented.
• If your mobile phone (SIM) is already registered on umobile, the Umobile regular menus are presented.
• To select a menu, please enter the number next to the menu option you want. E.g. click on “reply” and enter “1” for Topup.
• To go back to the first screen, called the “Home Screen, enter”0”.
• To exit Umobile at any point, enter “9”.
• When Umobile expects an input from you, an input field is presented. E.g. to enter “Account No” during a transfer, click “reply” and enter the NUBAN account number.
• After entering all details, Umobile will request for your 4 digit PIN. Enter the PIN after clicking “reply”.
• If transaction is successful, the expected result will be displayed on the screen.
• If transaction is unsuccessful, the result displayed will be the status and reason for failure.
What is USSD?

• USSD means “Unstructured Supplementary Service Data” and it refers to protocol used by GSM Service Providers to provide information to phone users, e.g. airtime balance.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by nairation: 6:48pm On May 16, 2015
olulove:

UBA AS STARTED USING USSD SINCE LAST YEAR SIR...WALK INTO ANY BRANCH FOR CLARIFICATION

I have to go to the bank to know about it..

They are not ready...
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by juniormusa(m): 6:52pm On May 16, 2015
lastmessenger:
no vex. Na joke I de joke.
Hehe okay bro
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by olulove(m): 6:53pm On May 16, 2015
nairation:

I have to go to the bank to know about it..

They are not ready...
FYA SIR
How to enroll for Umobile using USSD Version

• You will be presented with 3 registration options (register with account, register with UBA debit card, register with UBA prepaid card).
• Enter the number next to the preferred option, “1” for register with account, “2” for register debit card, “3” for register with prepaid card.
• The USSD Version will ask for more details such as your account number, card number etc. depending on option selected.
• If you select option 1, you are expected to go to a business office to complete registration by filling an enrollment form.
• If you select option 2, you do not need to go to a UBA Business Office. If the mobile phone (SIM) is same as stated in our records against the account, Umobile will automatically enroll you and send your 4 digit PIN to your screen.
• If you select option 3, you also do not need to visit a UBA business office, the PIN is generated instantly once the mobile phone number matches that recorded against the UBA prepaid card.
• Options 1 & 2 give you access to your account(s), option 3 gives you access to your UBA prepaid card.

• If your mobile phone (SIM) is not yet enrolled, registration menus will be presented.
• If your mobile phone (SIM) is already registered on umobile, the Umobile regular menus are presented.
• To select a menu, please enter the number next to the menu option you want. E.g. click on “reply” and enter “1” for Topup.
• When Umobile expects an input from you, an input field is presented. E.g. to enter “Account No” during a transfer, click “reply” and enter the NUBAN account number.
• After entering all details, Umobile will request for your 4 digit PIN. Enter the PIN after clicking “reply”.
• If transaction is successful, the expected result will be displayed on the screen.
• If transaction is unsuccessful, the result displayed will be the status and reason for failure.
What is USSD?

• USSD means “Unstructured Supplementary Service Data” and it refers to protocol used by GSM Service Providers to provide information to phone users, e.g. airtime balance.
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by nairation: 7:03pm On May 16, 2015
olulove:

FYA SIR

What is USSD?

Smh...all this long process to recharge my line...

Una weldone....

let me try it and see
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by onatisi(m): 7:08pm On May 16, 2015
olulove:

FYA SIR

What is USSD?

this is far far better than the gtb own . At least a secured pin code is generated for the customer as security measure and fraud protection .
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by afanide: 7:18pm On May 16, 2015
LordEmperoris1:
what of first bank

FIRST BANK ke?
UBA & FIRST BANK should be scrapped. Worst Banks in The World......... 'Bad customer Care Service'
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by jafia(m): 7:35pm On May 16, 2015
chai this one na number one lie of it kind.......Almost all the bank hav mobile money......it was a first bank product......since 1894
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by infogenius(m): 7:38pm On May 16, 2015
I just got paid through this innovation some minutes ago.
First Bank ATM messing up.I saw my client with a GTB card.
I just told her to transfer Cash through the service to my GTB account.
Pop I got an alert.
Nice one from d orange boys
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by menxer: 7:48pm On May 16, 2015
what's the charge per transaction?
why is there no security code included in short code?

see wahala, no security code? imagine runs babe just say she wants to see ur photo gallery and then stumbles on ur atm alert....grin
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by sirzango(m): 7:53pm On May 16, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] This is ridiculous, shouldn't there be a PIN there Other wise i can steal anybody's money if i know they have GTB account cheesy
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by brianbruce: 8:29pm On May 16, 2015
It's the USSD TRANSFER first of its kind.. GT always
Re: Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind! by brianbruce: 8:30pm On May 16, 2015
You can't steal anyone's money because you require some authentication using the phone number and card details

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Countries Worldwide Dump U.S Dollars, Embrace Russia & China Currencies (Photo) / 10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) / 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.