Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Help A Lonely Sister - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help A Lonely Sister (5269 Views)

A Sex Starved And Lonely Wife... / Help A Lonely Sister / Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Lonely Sister by Oppy4God(f): 5:36pm On May 16, 2015
please what can i do to stop this loneliness am a graduate still looking for job also lost my loving relationship.just relocated to abuja 3 month ago to a new developing sites nobody to mingle with.only church -house-telemundo(am d reserve type )only go out if i have interview i really don't know abuja very well.ur advice is welcome pls cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Help A Lonely Sister by blaise26abj(m): 5:52pm On May 16, 2015
you can Go to ceddi or Silverbird for movies. Do u like poetry ? Where do you stay in abuja? I can invite you for programs that will engage you intellectually and also help u socialize in abuja.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Lonely Sister by prettycuteKay(f): 6:56pm On May 16, 2015
blaise26abj:
you can Go to ceddi or Silverbird for movies. Do u like poetry ? Where do you stay in abuja? I can invite you for programs that will engage you intellectually and also help u socialize in abuja.
please more info about some of the events, il be returning to Abuja by June and need a social life.been thinking of what il do with my time outside work. Thanks.
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 16, 2015
ur not exactly lonely cos you've got us nairalanders to talk to.... grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Lonely Sister by donbenedict(m): 9:07pm On May 16, 2015
lofty900:
ur not exactly lonely cos you've got us nairalanders to talk to.... grin
u mean invincible frnds? Hmm.. She needs someone to bond wit her mehn.

1 Like

Re: Help A Lonely Sister by Ewuro4: 9:12pm On May 16, 2015
What is Telemondo?

1 Like

Re: Help A Lonely Sister by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 16, 2015
Ewuro4:
What is Telemondo?

Its a chanel on gotv or is is DSTV? one or both of the two sha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telemundo
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by Oppy4God(f): 9:25pm On May 16, 2015
blaise26abj:
pls can u send me d address of ceddi yea .no i don't like poetry.bwari.thanks.God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help A Lonely Sister by Ewuro4: 9:27pm On May 16, 2015
tearoses:

It has a lot of Spanish soaps

grin owkay

Spanish soaps? So Nigerians watch the closed captioned version or hearing impaired version ? grin That'll be tough.

Please explain cool

2 Likes

Re: Help A Lonely Sister by edwife(f): 9:28pm On May 16, 2015
tearoses:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telemundo

And i thought it was some kind of soap opera or one of those tv series... sadsad
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by Ewuro4: 9:29pm On May 16, 2015
edwife:

And i thought it was some kind of soap opera or one of those tv series... sadsad

Glad I'm not the only one cheesy
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by edwife(f): 9:29pm On May 16, 2015
Ewuro4:

Glad I'm not the only one cheesy

Lol grin
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 16, 2015
donbenedict:
u mean invincible frnds? Hmm.. She needs someone to bond wit her mehn.
what r u waiting 4 ? Go for her nigga, we've got u covered

1 Like

Re: Help A Lonely Sister by rudebouy: 9:54pm On May 16, 2015
Oppy4God:
please what can i do to stop this loneliness am a graduate still looking for job also lost my loving relationship.just relocated to abuja 3 month ago to a new developing sites nobody to mingle with.only church -house-telemundo(am d reserve type )only go out if i have interview i really don't know abuja very well.ur advice is welcome pls cheesy

How can u be reserved and be complaining of being lonely? Na wa oh!

If u want to make friends, go out and meet people. Dont wait for friends to come to you, go and make friends.

U will keep being lonely until u come out of ur shell. U go to church abi? Why not join a service group and start from der.

If u dont enjoy being an introvert, den change. Simple!

5 Likes

Re: Help A Lonely Sister by donbenedict(m): 9:59pm On May 16, 2015
lofty900:
what r u waiting 4 ? Go for her nigga, we've got u covered
lol I dnt do long dstance rship anymore
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 16, 2015
My God people still watch that garbage "Telemundo" ? it's not healthy alot of girls into it, always want that type of fantasy relationship, i even hate the way they talk in Telemundo. undecided
Typical Telemundo scene
"Diego pls don't leave me, I love you please stay with me, Sorry Maria" undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

ADVICE:
My advice is for you to visit places, you can't meet people staying at home, not just for relationships but business wise and also have that type of character that draws people to u, so you have to be friendly,funny,goofy and just outgoing. no one wants to approach someone who broods or looks like a pyscho. once people feel this negative aura around you they tend to bounce.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Lonely Sister by Nobody: 8:38am On May 17, 2015
edwife:

I used to think it was a soap, until I realised that it was a channel

Ewuro4:

grin owkay
Spanish soaps? So Nigerians watch the closed captioned version or hearing impaired version ? grin That'll be tough.
Please explain cool

I cant even stand it when the words dont match the moving lips, but it seems that a lot of people love it.
You hear people talking about the characters like they are real people.
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by Nakarey(m): 1:35pm On May 17, 2015
Oppy4God:

pls can u send me d address of ceddi yea .no i don't like poetry.bwari.thanks.God bless you

Hi good day!
Bwari being ur location isn't such a lively place to be. know there a little well and its quite a distance to town. There are a few places u can hangout there- there's Elim tops suites. Its located along law school road. Just a short distance after Government day second skul bwari. Got a nice bar and pool too. U may like to check it out.

There's also Global village suites just b4 deeper life church. Not a bad place if u ask me. U can check it out too.

But if u really want to have some good time out without going too far into town, KUBWA is ur best bet. A lot of cool and fun places to hang out. Numerous of them. If u know someone who knows Kubwa very well, that'll make it easier for you. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Help A Lonely Sister by Oppy4God(f): 8:04am On May 21, 2015
thanks infact some comments really make my day.God bless u all.E-hug for u all.

1 Like

Re: Help A Lonely Sister by Wendy80(f): 1:10pm On May 21, 2015
tearoses:

I cant even stand it when the words dont match the moving lips, but it seems that a lot of people love it.
Tot I'm the only one not watching telemondo. I'll rather watch Disney Junior, Cartoon network and other cartoon channels than that Telewetin.
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by Seylad2009(m): 2:57pm On May 21, 2015
Oppy4God:
Am in d same shoe,just that i hav a work place i go evry morning to gain one or two experience and come back by 5pm if i didt go to church ,d next thing i do is find something to eat and start reading or .browsing for job vacancy and of cos be on nairaland to .forget my sorrow grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help A Lonely Sister by seanjy4konji: 5:16am On Jul 08, 2015
reply your pm.
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by efemenaslectura: 7:09am On Jul 08, 2015
edwife:

You're a nigerian and you don't know the famous telemundos women watch grin

Its like saying you don't know super story or family circle
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by efemenaslectura: 7:17am On Jul 08, 2015
Yes na. It's the female version of football grin and it's very addictive too. grin

The bad side of it that it does to you that it makes you engrossed
tearoses:

why it doesn't match is because there's a translator speaking behind the scenes . The cast speak their language
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by efemenaslectura: 7:23am On Jul 08, 2015
Wendy80:

Tot I'm the only one not watching telemondo. I'll rather watch Disney Junior, Cartoon network and other cartoon channels than that Telewetin.
you don't know what you are missing

cheesy

so you don't know secret of the sand
maria de los Angeles
second chance
married again
Gardners daughter
passions etc grin
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by llouis: 9:02am On Jul 08, 2015
Loneliness is a sadness inflicted on your soul by your mind, brought about by a realization, stemming from the acceptance of a trick being played on you; simply because physically at the time you have no friends or company with you to interact with.

The overall theatric is to make you feel you are not worth anyone's time, hence the consequence; a sad feeling, sugar coated with an emotional state ladened with a thin layer of foreboding, like a woman in labour, refusing to mask its pains that end up filling the void in your soul with a negative pleasure akin to torture.

And why would your mind trick you into thinking you have no value and hence nobody wants to be around you?
The answer is as simple as remembering your name after waking up to the pleasant atmosphere of a good morning; you have allowed your mind to actually control your emotional state and hence, your reality.

I cannot and can never get lonely. Its been years since I attained such a state. Not that I live around friends or family, or that I am constantly surrounded by people. No, I am the type of person that loves to exist in his own world, I find solitude a wonderful platform to conduct research and meditate deeply; it is a most comfortable state where I can be free from the distractions that stem from the incalculable variables that arise from the pursuit and presence of company.

Why can I never get lonely?

I task my mind, ever so often, ever so strictly I engage it. I create scenarios and ask myself for solutions, and combining it with empathy and a logic yet to be disvirgined by the ravaging beserkness that is epileptic emotions I found and caress schools of thought in a bid to come to a most mature and logical theory and ideal which would resolve the situation.

Sometimes I employ a critique in my mind who criticizes my thought patterns, looking for loopholes in my ability to reason, after which it further criticizes any new improved idea I bring forth and then it criticizes its own thoughts with regards to the issue at hand, this back and forth criticism over time enables me to express schools of thought that would seem very alien and unheard of to others but will still boast of Truth unbiased by sentiment.

Other times I invest in my self value by acquiring new skills and learning new things; Research is another of my passions. Combining it ever so perfectly with Meditation and an uncontrollable Lust for Enlightenment I seek to increase my self value exponentially over time, in a bid to positively corrupt the world with a wisdom that is not only alien and forbidden, but also pregnant with Truth and Reality.

Another thing I did is I discovered my purpose (the reason why I exist as a spirit being and was born into this chronological plane) in my late teens. And as a result of this, taking into account the fact that I also taken great pains to discover my self, accept my strengths and weakness and embraced the reality of my geographical location of placement, family and background, it is difficult for me now to engage in calculated frivolities and excesses of the human whim that, if left unchecked would escalate into a binding and unwinding probability of disaster to myself and my life on earth.

Simply put, because I have discovered myself and my purpose, I am more in tune with the different facets of my spirit being, a low self esteem (that seeks to reward and mask itself with the pleasures of the company of others) no longer courts my attention. I am fully and firmly engaged in the pursuit of my purpose alongside my quest to attain all wisdom and all enlightenment before I die.

To summarize my dear:
To counter this trickery that we have named loneliness you need to first of all discover yourself; who you are, your purpose, your strengths and weakness, in a nutshell discover to a large extent the composition of your essence and its relativity others and with eternity.

You also need to task your mind with good things, improve on your overall self value, drown yourself in your hobbies and be a woman of Light (cook your internal virtues till they explode with a vengeance aimed at your continuous churning, that will be filled with a sweet smelling savour that all will come to acknowledge and be drawn to the moment your aura mingles with theirs). Just like a tree will bend itself just so it can feel the rays of the sun on its face, people will seek out your inner light and would bend themselves and their principles just to be within range of your illumination (which some call charisma, others favour, others conqueror Haki)

To be alone and not lonely is a feat difficult to attain, but you must strive to achieve this, so, even when you are surrounded by lots of people, she (loneliness) will not be able to take advantage of you and whatever state and latitude you find yourself, you, like an atom will be able to exist alone and still retain your most individual characteristics.

SELAH

3 Likes

Re: Help A Lonely Sister by efemenaslectura: 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2015
Op Oya come to lagos let me take you out grin
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by Wendy80(f): 1:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
efemenaslectura:

cheesy

maria de los Angeles
second chance
married again
Gardners daughter
passions etc grin

Hahahahhhaha grin
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2015
edwife:

Lol grin
Its a California based telenovela channel. So they do English dubbed version for nonspanish speaking. The original series are in Spanish, as actors act in Spanish. I'm currently watching Avenida Brasilia on a Nigerian channel.

Some telemundo telenovelas are shown on regular Nigerian TV channels same with Indian series. The longest indian I've seen on TVC (Nigerian channel) is pavitra kishra and its on episode 1300plus shown everyday. I see it when I'm stuck in office receptions and the telly is on.

I wish I could see the Spanish subtitled version of telenovelas it would really help my Spanish speaking if I could hear and read the Spanish. Even online to find those ones na war its only on planes.
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
I also watch some Kenyan and ghanian series too.

Sometimes the western series are just so typical that I broaden my horizon.

Not to say that telenovelas don't get on my nerves but some of them are good.
I don't get engrossed the minute a storyline starts to annoy me I just stop and switch to another.

@op
You're just bored and in a new town. Take a trip and discover where you are. Give it 3months you wont have time for NL
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by poshest(f): 4:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
salsera:

Its a California based telenovela channel. So they do English dubbed version for nonspanish speaking. The original series are in Spanish, as actors act in Spanish. I'm currently watching Avenida Brasilia on a Nigerian channel.

Some telemundo telenovelas are shown on regular Nigerian TV channels same with Indian series. The longest indian I've seen on TVC (Nigerian channel) is pavitra kishra and its on episode 1300plus shown everyday. I see it when I'm stuck in office receptions and the telly is on.

I wish I could see the Spanish subtitled version of telenovelas it would really help my Spanish speaking if I could hear and read the Spanish. Even online to find those ones na war its only on planes.
oh my pavitra rishta ve never missed for a day since january 2014. the storyline is quite captivating and it will be aired for five years. i watch it just because of archana. shes now being double casted. i hope you also watch zee world channel 166 on dstv. they ve got lovely indian series
Re: Help A Lonely Sister by pinkishgal(f): 11:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
efemenaslectura:

cheesy

maria de los Angeles
second chance
married again all this one wey u mention so na old school, talk of labour of love, part of me, queen of hearts, and the rest
Gardners daughter
passions etc grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

25 Hilarious Parenting Differences Between Moms And Dads (photos) / My Dad Wants To Sleep With Me / Car Or House: Which Would You Rather Have First?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.