Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? (5295 Views)

Family Rejects Old Naira Notes As Bride Price In Niger / Young Girl Beats Dad In Kolo Challenge, Saves More Notes Than Him / Man Discovers Old Naira Notes Left Behind By His Grand Dad For Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by Ouchbabe(f): 4:01pm On Dec 18, 2022
Good day Nairalanders, trust you are having a wonderful day as we await the World cup finals.
I have not seen the new Naira Notes since it was released. Please am I the only one on this table?
It's absurd considering the fact that I am based in Lagos where the flow of cash is relatively high.
You don see am?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by Moh247: 4:04pm On Dec 18, 2022
Just once in Ibadan.

Mobile banking and cashless policy is slowly taking over.. transfer and POS transaction everywhere even market women

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by Ouchbabe(f): 4:07pm On Dec 18, 2022
You are right sir, most people are going cashless these days

Moh247:
Just once in Ibadan.

Mobile banking and cashless policy is slowly taking over.. transfer and POS transaction everywhere even market women

1 Like

Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by Dogalmighty17: 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2022
Madam don't bother. It is a disappointment. They will be easily faked.
Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by tamudabu: 4:47pm On Dec 18, 2022
Moh247:
Just once in Ibadan.

Sounds like we trust Mobile banking and cashless more than we trust our new currency.

Now, if that was the intention of the new currency, then those who came up with it are solomonically wise. And if it's an unintended consequence, the gods menaweed it indeed.

Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by Moh247: 4:51pm On Dec 18, 2022
tamudabu:

Sounds like we trust Mobile banking and cashless more than we trust our new currency.

Now, if that was the intention of the new currency, then those who came up with it are solomonically wise. And if it's an unintended consequence, the gods menaweed it indeed.

People lost trust in Government and that's why everyone is skeptical about the timing

But according to what Emefiele said at a press briefing it has lots of benefits

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by excanny: 7:38pm On Dec 18, 2022
Ouchbabe:
Good day Nairalanders, trust you are having a wonderful day as we await the World cup finals.
I have not seen the new Naira Notes since it was released. Please am I the only one on this table?
It's absurd considering the fact that I am based in Lagos where the flow of cash is relatively high.
You don see am?

CBN don't want you to use cash again. So they printed only a small amount of the new notes.

People are thinking the new notes will replace the current notes in circulation. They failed!

You may have to buy the new notes to even see it.

2 Likes

Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by thesolutions(m): 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2022
Ouchbabe:
You don see am?
Do not expect to see something spectacular. CBN copied Peter Obi and used single colour for the new notes.
Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by MarketDispatch: 9:32pm On Dec 18, 2022
Ouchbabe:
You don see am?

ATMs are still dispensing old notes

1 Like

Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by emorse(m): 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2022
Dogalmighty17:
Madam don't bother. It is a disappointment. They will be easily faked.
Try fake one make we see. I wan check something.

2 Likes

Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by Ouchbabe(f): 2:30am On Dec 19, 2022
Really? This cashless policy thing is getting serious oo.

excanny:

CBN don't want you to use cash again. So they printed only a small amount of the new notes.

People are thinking the new notes will replace the current notes in circulation. They failed!

You may have to buy the new notes to even see it.
Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by Ouchbabe(f): 2:33am On Dec 19, 2022
Not just old but dirty notes. Can't CBN retrieve some of these bad notes already?

MarketDispatch:

ATMs are still dispensing old notes

1 Like

Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by BennyDGreat: 7:29am On Dec 19, 2022
Ouchbabe:
Not just old but dirty notes. Can't CBN retrieve some of these bad notes already?

You can't withdraw old notes like that...it ought to take like 3-6 months...if not the system could be overstretched within that short time frame
Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by Ouchbabe(f): 7:32am On Dec 19, 2022
Alright. Thanks for the explanation.
Compliments of the season
BennyDGreat:

You can't withdraw old notes like that...it ought to take like 3-6 months...if not the system could be overstretched within that short time frame
Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by Kiddogarcia(m): 8:15am On Dec 19, 2022
Not seen it too, but I'm not bothered sha.
Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho
Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by wiseone28: 11:28am On Dec 19, 2022
Ouchbabe:
You don see am?
Will you be dead when it start circulating well?

What's the hype about.

Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by Ouchbabe(f): 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2022
Of course I will not be dead.
Will you die if you learn how to answer simple question without bringing bad energy?
Never you mention me again , I hate bitter souls
wiseone28:
Will you be dead when it start circulating well?

What's the hype about.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by wiseone28: 3:51pm On Dec 19, 2022
Ouchbabe:

Of course I will not be dead.
Will you die if you learn how to answer simple question without bringing bad energy?
Never you mention me again , I hate bitter souls
This comment smells like the writer

Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by Whois(m): 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2022
Thank me later
emorse:

Try fake one make we see. I wan check something.

Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by emorse(m): 7:14pm On Dec 19, 2022
Whois:
Thank me later
Actually I'll thank you right now. Thanks a bunch! grin grin grin
However, those photos look like a very poorly done Photoshop job. No serial number on either of the notes and the supposed fake doesn't even have that gold panel. Easily identifiable if true. I may be wrong though.

1 Like

Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by NaijaCover(m): 7:47am On Dec 20, 2022
IS HERE
Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by Iseoluwani: 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2022
tamudabu:

May u walk and never jam agbako

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Naira Notes....is It Just Me? by Rizin: 4:48pm On Dec 20, 2022
The new naira notes were released online and cashlessly.
Ouchbabe:
You don see am?

(1) (Reply)

My Whole Body Aches After............... / MMM Cros, Pls Save My Dying Husband. / Who Is Responsible For Naming The Child, Father Or Mother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.