Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,189 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore (5384 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / I Don't Trust My Woman Anymore / My Parents Dont Trust Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by NaJoke2000: 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2012
You do your best to be a trustworthy man. All i get in return is a stab in the back from my wife which
you have been trusting, all these 5 years of marriage.

I suddenly discovered that my wife has been discussing our marriage issues with her family which has led to some strange behaviours.
I have tried on so many occassions to talk to her on this but she kept denying it until i discover it myself.

Does it mean that a man should keep his mouth shut to his wife?
Someone like this can actually kill me one day. I'm thinking of a divorce.
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by queenasasili(f): 4:40pm On Apr 12, 2012
what did she tell her familly about u?
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2012
Has divorce become this sweet? We no longer make effort at marriages anymore. Na wa o. We copy our Western brothers and copy only their negative aspect. Waiting for the day we will copy their creativity and inventions.

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by ifyalways(f): 8:36pm On Apr 12, 2012
How did you make this "millennium discovery" and what secret did she leak to her family?

So you wanna divorce your wife because she talked to her family?why are you too secretive btw?why all the hush hush and why do you think your wife or her family might think of killing you?

What really is eating you up?the earlier you come out clean to your wife, the better for you. However, your wife too should know that some things are not meant for extended family ears.
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by harakiri(m): 8:48pm On Apr 12, 2012
I am neither married or engaged but i can tell you this. . .When you open up everything to a woman, you should be man enough to take the backlash. Dude, WOMEN TALK ALL THE TIME! ! ! The only confidential information a woman is capable of keeping to herself is damaging information about herself e.g

(1)She didn't graduate from school and has a fake degreee
(2)She has had at least one dozen abortions before she met you
(3)She still loves her ex and they communicate often
(4)She had a child at the age of 17 that is being taken care of by her parents
(5)She has contracted STD's several times before she met you
(6)Etc

These are the ONLY types of secrets a woman is capable of keeping. If you tell her how much you earn, be rest assured that all your in-laws know how much you earn. If you are having issues with your own relatives, be rest assured that her people already have that info. If your "thing" doesn't work right, be rest assured that they already know (especially her mother). If you're broke, they know. If you came home on easter night drunk, they know.

Point is, do not reveal any info to a woman that you wouldn't want shared to third parties because THEY WILL ALWAYS TALK! Just do your best to manage the situation and talk less and less about sensitive issues.

Nuff said!

8 Likes

Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by agiboma(f): 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2012
@ op grow up you want to divorce your wife because she told a secret to your family OMG.
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by NaJoke2000: 6:26am On Apr 13, 2012
ifyalways: How did you make this "millennium discovery" and what secret did she leak to her family?

So you wanna divorce your wife because she talked to her family?why are you too secretive btw?why all the hush hush and why do you think your wife or her family might think of killing you?

What really is eating you up?the earlier you come out clean to your wife, the better for you. However, your wife too should know that some things are not meant for extended family ears.

It's not a secret anyway. Just disappointed dat everything we discussed as husband and wife is being shared with her family.
It's nt about d secret.... It's about d fact dat she betrayed d trust I had in her.

Now, I understand clearly why men don't open up completely to their wives.
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by freecocoa(f): 7:24am On Apr 13, 2012
OP I don't really get it,are you planning on divorcing her cos she talked to her family about you or what?

You say its betrayal?hmm you must be a very secretive person to take it up that level,true she shouldn't discuss things you don't want discussed with anyone but hey we are all human and none is infallible so cut her some slack.

I suggest you have a talk with her and tell her how you feel about the issue,you never know she may just have needed someone to talk to hence she did to her family prolly when you weren't there so talk more to her if you are not doing that already.

I don't see divorce as an option here because of the reason you gave unless there's something else she does which you haven't told us.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by ifyalways(f): 7:36am On Apr 13, 2012
Lool@harakiri. Somehow there are some truths buried in that your very chauvinistic post.hehe.
Harakiri, with the cast knowledge you have about women, you'd most likely make a good husband.you even know us more than we know ourselves. Lol

@OP, then talk with her.its possible she talked to them because she needed a second opinion or sought for their counsel. Let her know how you feel, this doesn't qualify for divorce, biko.
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by taryour(f): 10:12am On Apr 13, 2012
NaJoke2000: You do your best to be a trustworthy man. All i get in return is a stab in the back from my wife which

I suddenly discovered that my wife has been discussing our marriage issues with her family which has led to some strange behaviours.
I have tried on so many occassions to talk to her on this but she kept denying it until i discover it myself.

nawa for u o op,so becos of dat u wan to divorce ur wife. Go ahead n divorce her den see if it will make u happy,do u tink divorce is sweet. Instead of u to sit ur wife down n tok to her and correct her mistake.God help u. Abi u don get anoda woman who is ready to move in after u divorce.
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by harakiri(m): 12:15pm On Apr 13, 2012
ifyalways: Lool@harakiri. Somehow there are some truths buried in that your very chauvinistic post.hehe.
Harakiri, with the cast knowledge you have about women, you'd most likely make a good husband.you even know us more than we know ourselves. Lol

@OP, then talk with her.its possible she talked to them because she needed a second opinion or sought for their counsel. Let her know how you feel, this doesn't qualify for divorce, biko.

Lol, Madam how you dey? Is "happy new year/belated Easter" in order?
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 13, 2012
NaJoke2000: You do your best to be a trustworthy man. All i get in return is a stab in the back from my wife which

[b]This funny thread is a reflection of the joke that the family section of nairaland has become.
Every marital problem on this section is now met with the advise of divorce,divorce and divorce.
I am therefore not surprised that the OP has decided to contemplate divorce because of the minute "offence" committed by his madam.
I feel the OP is taking the mickey on all of us and it would be funny if it was not such a sad reflection that a group of people have succeeded in turning the family section of Nairaland into-THE DIVORCE SECTION of Nairal[/b]and.
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by teemy(m): 1:15pm On Apr 13, 2012

More injury that would yield as that would be repeating history ladies.

queenasasili: what did she tell her familly about u?

ifyalways: How did you make this "millennium discovery" and what secret did she leak to her family?

Firstly, that is not however not enough grounds to dismiss your lover except you have hidden agendas yourself that switching women is what you have long waited to do and using this as an excuse. Even then I advice you don't.

The harm has been done, period. Look forward. Hating her or stigmatizing or separating from her at this moment would yield the negative on the long run of your marriage. Let your wife know you now know and ask her if it was wrong on your part to tell her whom you believe in the whole world has a right to know that info to be told and if it was necessary you would have given the family members that info yourself.

She has to grow up and know that you two have become one and if it were her secret would she? If she believes you are now one she should henceforth handle herself as such so you do not have to see her as a loudmouth.

No condoning of lies both ways as that splits the togetherness of minds as if one is bent on harming the other and wants to feel safe alone.

Pray together and put your lifestyles in the hand of God. Cheers
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by shushu(f): 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2012
poster,
this is just another obstacle in marriage that you will definitely cross.I dont know what the "marriage issues" are that your wife discussed.I can only deduce from the little you have written that....it could be that you are a reserved person and your wife is more outgoing and more outspoken than you.If this is the case, there may be some things which you consider as family secrets which to her maybe regular discussions....i dont know, i am just saying.

You know we all come from different backgrounds and react to things differently.Think about the things she has discussed with others, has she really stabbed you in the back.If you sincerely believe your wife is a good woman, then she probably didnt intentionally spite you by discussing these issues.

Both of you have been together for 5years, abeg try to remove the negative thoughts.relationships have stages, this is just another stage.pele and talk to God to, to help ease of on the anger you feel.
i hope this helps in a little way.
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by meetmeonline: 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2012
harakiri: I am neither married or engaged but i can tell you this. . .When you open up everything to a woman, you should be man enough to take the backlash. Dude, WOMEN TALK ALL THE TIME! ! ! The only confidential information a woman is capable of keeping to herself is damaging information about herself e.g

(6)Etc

These are the ONLY types of secrets a woman is capable of keeping. If you tell her how much you earn, be rest assured that all your in-laws know how much you earn. If you are having issues with your own relatives, be rest assured that her people already have that info. If your "thing" doesn't work right, be rest assured that they already know (especially her mother). If you're broke, they know. If you came home on easter night drunk, they know.

Point is, do not reveal any info to a woman that you wouldn't want shared to third parties because THEY WILL ALWAYS TALK! Just do your best to manage the situation and talk less and less about sensitive issues.

Nuff said!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa! you too much! hahahahahaaaaaaaaa........
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2012
Harakiri is sooo on point
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by ifyalways(f): 9:27pm On Apr 13, 2012
Harakiri, same to you. Lolz. You were pussyfooting na, a prince charming flew in and took your beau ujujoan right under your nose. She is a nursing mother as I type.
Welcome back to the "family" section of nld!
Mu he he
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by NaJoke2000: 8:19am On Apr 14, 2012
harakiri: I am neither married or engaged but i can tell you this. . .When you open up everything to a woman, you should be man enough to take the backlash. Dude, WOMEN TALK ALL THE TIME! ! ! The only confidential information a woman is capable of keeping to herself is damaging information about herself e.g

(6)Etc

Nuff said!

Thanks Man for your suggestions!
So far, I can see dat there are no objections to ur opinion from females in this section because it's true dat they talk...
Women are confused being! U open up to them, the whole family wld know it. U don't open to them, they complain they don't know ur mind.

Which kind life b dis self? Na wa ooooo ooooo ooooo oo!
Of wat use is the marriage if u cant av a heart 2 heart talk with ur wife without her family knowing it?
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by freecocoa(f): 8:29am On Apr 14, 2012
^^Na men wey no come be confused beings abi?please take the good advice you've been given,concentrate and work on your marriage,don't just start with the unnecessary generalization.
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by neyostica: 9:12am On Apr 14, 2012
Op, you r a thief, u've seen anoda woman that catches ur fantasy n u want to divorce ur wife over a trivial issue abi?? u just try am, if i no go burst ur head
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 14, 2012
OP,
Please forgive your wife.She will have realise her mistake and she will be sorry for all error by now.
Give her another chance.Forgive and forget.
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by mazaje(m): 1:11pm On Apr 14, 2012

(6)Etc

Nuff said!

So on point. . . .My woman tells her family and friends everything about us. . .It didn't come to me as a surprise cos i have had my experience with different women. . . .Women generally love to talk and will always talk. . .

@OP

Stop telling your wife things you don't want a third party to know about. . .Have a honest conversation with her and just stop telling her things you don't want a third party to know. . . .No need for divorce. . .
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by maclatunji: 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2012
OP, I think you are looking for attention. Did you tell us when you were marrying her? angry
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by omosexy1: 11:28pm On Apr 14, 2012
I feel the Op. It is painful to confide on someone with sensitive issues, only to hear it from another person. Your wife has a big mouth, well many women do. This means you have to be careful about what you tell her, but it doesn't mean you should not discuss with her. And as for divorce, please this is not a serious matter. Just talk some senses into her and reduce the communication especially sensitive ones. Go home to your wife (Remember for better for worst).
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by NaJoke2000: 12:30pm On Apr 15, 2012
maclatunji: OP, I think you are looking for attention. Did you tell us when you were marrying her? angry

I told u now.... Av u forgotten, I told about 6yrs ago? U don forget say u be my best man?
Lol!
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by Ishilove: 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2012

(6)Etc

Nuff said!
This is very wrong. What kind of bullshyte stereotypimg is this You are not married but you already know how married women "give out the details of their matrimonial homes. When you get married go ahead and keep secrets from ur wife,u hear ba?
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by harakiri(m): 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2012
@Ishilove

This is very wrong.

Wrong in what sense? When you debunk a statement as being false, you should be transparent enough to provide an alternative.

What kind of bullshyte stereotypimg is this

Did you just say "stereotyping"? Last time i checked, the word "stereotyping" has NOTHING in relation with my post. I stated facts (even the ladies agree with me). Women talk. It's not a bad thing (somewhat) but that's how they are programmed (perhaps it has something to do with hormones). You already know this and i wonder what your rant is all about.

You are not married but you already know how married women "give out the details of their matrimonial homes. When you get married go ahead and keep secrets from ur wife,u hear ba

It's comments like this that confirm EVERYTHING i said earlier. You have just spoken "like a woman" (I hope the other reading NL ladies don't take offense. I didn't mean it in a bad way). Must i be married to know women? Must i have a wife before i can understand women? Perhaps you should have taken the liberty to read posts from other MARRIED MEN on this thread that confirmed everything i said. You are speaking out of bias and nothing more.

Nuff said!
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by knowledge4(m): 6:06pm On Apr 16, 2012
That is not a ground for divorce,please.
There are some things every husband must learn to accept about his wife.
One of them is talkativeness.
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by harakiri(m): 7:04pm On Apr 16, 2012
ifyalways: Harakiri, same to you. Lolz. You were pussyfooting na, a prince charming flew in and took your beau ujujoan right under your nose. She is a nursing mother as I type.
Welcome back to the "family" section of nld!
Mu he he

Wow! Wow Wow!! Wow Wow Wow!!!

That's really good news.
Re: I Dont Trust My Wife Anymore by harakiri(m): 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2012
NaJoke2000:

Thanks Man for your suggestions!
So far, I can see dat there are no objections to ur opinion from females in this section because it's true dat they talk...
Women are confused being! U open up to them, the whole family wld know it. U don't open to them, they complain they don't know ur mind.

Which kind life b dis self? Na wa ooooo ooooo ooooo oo!
Of wat use is the marriage if u cant av a heart 2 heart talk with ur wife without her family knowing it?

There is a saying and i'm sure you've heard it over 100,000 times : BE A MAN!!!

No one says you can't talk to your wife but watch and weigh the info before passing it across to her. There are things you can tell your wife and there are things you CAN'T tell your wife. Women will always say they want a man that opens up to them, doesn't keep secrets,a real soul-mate,bla bla bla but the truth is, they can't handle all that information e.g

(1)
Wife : Am i fat?
Ans1 : YES! You're as big as a hippopotamus! (This is the cold truth but she will hate you for it and possibly ruin your whole day,add too much salt in the food and no more $ex for a month)

Ans2 : NO!You're as cute and trim as the first day i met you (She knows you are lying but will love you for it)

(2)
Wife : Is that supermodel prettier than me?
Ans1 : Are you kidding me? She is the goddess of beauty and you're just...well....YOU! (You already know what will happen next...lol)

Ans2 :Hell NO!!! That model is no where close to you in beauty,brains and otherwise (She knows you're lying again but you just made her day)

(3)
Wife : Would you take a bullet for me? Would you die for me?
Ans1 : Me ke? You dey craze? Die for you say wetin happen? If i die for you finish, no be anoda man go begin climb you before my deadi bodi cold inside grave? (I don't need to tell you what will follow after this)

Ans2 : Of course i would. Why wouldn't i die for my one and only (Some might believe this,others won't)

I know these examples are not directly related to the original post but i am trying to elaborate the mindset of the average female. It's not everything you tell them. Personally, when i am talking to a lady and telling her sensitive things, i usually assume i'm talking to at least 200 people because i know someday, all what i said to her will be "interesting gist" during "gossip session". Catch my drift?

Nuff said!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Black People Are Fighting Back In D. C. (USA) - Video And Pictures / Burnt Out - Any Advice? / Meet The 26-year-old Lady Who Married A 74-year-old Nigerian Billionaire. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.