Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,894 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

I Hope Criminals Will Never Get This Technology! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Hope Criminals Will Never Get This Technology! (748 Views)

Kidnapper Evans Advises Fellow Criminals To Stop Kidnapping (Video) / Criminals Beaten And Burnt To Death In Calabar. Graphic Photos / Weapons Recovered From Arrested Criminals In River State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Hope Criminals Will Never Get This Technology! by ideykwum: 6:37am On May 17, 2015
Invisibility CLOAK timeline

Researchers have just begun developing the technology for concealing events, but the art of masking objects is significantly more advanced. Below, some milestones in the development of the invisibility cloak.

2006  Physicists at Duke University build a small cloak of synthetic metal that steers microwaves around a cylinder, rendering it “invisible” in the microwave spectrum. (Microwaves are far easier to manipulate than beams of light.) It is the first successful cloaking experiment, but it works only in two dimensions—the cylinder is detectable when viewed from above.

2008  Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley, create a fabric that bends light in ways impossible with natural materials. While it isn’t an invisibility cloak, the fishnet-like structure demonstrates that light could be bent around an object to hide it from detection by the human eye.

2010  German researchers take a different route to invisibility by constructing a cloak that can hide a small bump on an otherwise flat surface. When infrared light strikes 
the cloak, it bounces back as if the bump were not there.

January 2012  Physicists at the University of Texas at Austin cloak a 7-inch-high cylinder so that it is hidden from microwaves at every angle. Rather than causing waves to bend around the cylinder, the cloak cancels out the microwaves bouncing off it.

http://discovermagazine.com/2012/apr/08-big-idea-physicists-carve-a-niche-in-time

(1) (Reply)

Tension In Enugu As Community Protests Imposition Of Traditional Ruler / Crime Section's Nomination Thread For N.a.i.r.a Awards 2015 / Give Me Back My Gun, - Train Attacker Pleads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.