Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Honda Accord 2004(EOD-V4) Transmission Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2004(EOD-V4) Transmission Issues (1734 Views)

Creamy Oil in radiator problem [SOLVED] Honda Accord 2004 / Transmission Issues Nissan Altima 2008 / These Habits Will Kill Your Auto Transmission Fast Please Avoid Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2004(EOD-V4) Transmission Issues by youngalex(m): 12:42pm On May 17, 2015
Having read several topics on car automatic transmission issues,I want to ask what specifically can cause faulty automatic transmission issues,My Car jecks as it wants to engage on 2-3 after a stop with a slow acceleration ,someone suggested I change the ATF oil to ATF Z-1 from Seahorse Dextron III,I will do that asap,what are other causes and solution to this problem or should I change the entire gearbox?
Re: Honda Accord 2004(EOD-V4) Transmission Issues by mayor2013: 1:51pm On May 17, 2015
Your Malfunction indicator light should be on. Run a scan first. As for changing your fluid to z-1 yes that's correct but am afraid it might be late considering how long you have had the sea horse ruining your gearbox
Re: Honda Accord 2004(EOD-V4) Transmission Issues by Kashif(m): 2:10pm On May 17, 2015
OP, many things could contribute to transmission failure. Drive the car in 2 and 3 and observe how it fares. Check for sustained engagement and engine braking.

What else is affected? Is it better, worse or same at different engine temperatures? I don't think your atf is the culprit, but it is the first thing people suspect. You may be having a single element failure.

Scan the car, but know that due to some characteristics, Honda transmissions could be annoying!
Re: Honda Accord 2004(EOD-V4) Transmission Issues by abatically(m): 2:11pm On May 17, 2015
Get a tokunbo gearbox, its about 70k now. I know this sounds harsh, but most if the times when this kind of things happen to a Honda (especially EOD), changing the transmission becomes the safest option. U can still scan the car to be sure, but dextron iii that u have in there is not the right atf, changing to z1 might already be too late.

Moreover u might not find z1 because it has been discontinued by Honda, they replaced it with dw1. One quart is N2,500, u will need 5-6 quarts which is 15k. Dextron iii is for temporary use, and if dextron iii is already slipping, then better change the tranny and fill with dw1.
Re: Honda Accord 2004(EOD-V4) Transmission Issues by Kashif(m): 2:19pm On May 17, 2015
abatically:
Get a tokunbo gearbox, its about 70k now. I know this sounds harsh, but most if the times when this kind of things happen to a Honda (especially EOD), changing the transmission becomes the safest option. U can still scan the car to be sure, but dextron iii that u have in there is not the right atf, changing to z1 might already be too late.

Moreover u might not find z1 because it has been discontinued by Honda, they replaced it with dw1. One quart is N2,500, u will need 5-6 quarts which is 15k. Dextron iii is for temporary use, and if dextron iii is already slipping, then better change the tranny and fill with dw1.

It is not slipping, but rough engagement. Suspects - 2-3 accumulator failure, clutch pack failure, valve body or plain electrical fault. Proper scanning is the way to go, but a transmission replacement might be in the works.
Re: Honda Accord 2004(EOD-V4) Transmission Issues by youngalex(m): 4:08pm On May 17, 2015
Kashif:

It is not slipping, but rough engagement. Suspects - 2-3 accumulator failure, clutch pack failure, valve body or plain electrical fault. Proper scanning is the way to go, but a transmission replacement might be in the works.
Thanks all,please where can I run the scan here in Lagos?
Re: Honda Accord 2004(EOD-V4) Transmission Issues by Kashif(m): 8:12pm On May 17, 2015
youngalex:
Thanks all,please where can I run the scan here in Lagos?

You need to get hold of GAZZUZZ.
Re: Honda Accord 2004(EOD-V4) Transmission Issues by Harrisonn(m): 7:29pm On May 18, 2015
abatically:

Where can i get the dw1 in lagos pls
Re: Honda Accord 2004(EOD-V4) Transmission Issues by abatically(m): 7:36pm On May 18, 2015
Harrisonn:

Where can i get the dw1 in lagos pls

Ladipo market or oyingbo. U can also call this number to supply u.0803 912 1412

(1) (Reply)

New Peugeot 508: Motion & Emotion Truly! / White Honda Crosstour 2012 For Sale. / See 30 Of The Weirdest Vehicles Ever Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.