Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,921 members, 7,956,458 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:23 PM

My Take On President Elect Handshake With Non-muharam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Take On President Elect Handshake With Non-muharam (648 Views)

Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? / Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions / Why Muslims Cannot Live In Peace With Non-Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Take On President Elect Handshake With Non-muharam by senier007(m): 10:28pm On May 17, 2015
It is obvious that the president elect is a Muslim, as such, Islam, Quran and hadith should be the guiding principle of his life especially when one looks at his age, the whole social media went agog over the issue, some Muslims even when far to give filmsy excuse just to support the president elect on that basis that since all of us are guilt of such crime we shouldn't criticise GMB, my question to them is, who tell you all of us are guilty of such crime against God? When did two wrongs make one right in our religion? While some of them have no islamic background, they are talking out of ignorance and confusion, as a Muslim, I will cite some few verses from the quran and hadith to. Support my stand
""O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best and best in result." surat 4:59
It is reported in one hadith " It was narrated that Ma’qil ibn Yassaar said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For one of you to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle is better for him than that he should touch a woman who is not permissible for him.” 
Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 486. Shaykh al-Albaani said in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 5045, that this hadeeth is saheeh. "
Again the prophet has never shakke hand with a non-muharam even when they are given him ba'ay "
It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When the believing women migrated to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), they would be tested in accordance with the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning): 

‘O Prophet! When believing women come to you to give you the Bay‘ah (pledge), that they will not associate anything in worship with Allaah, that they will not steal, that they will not commit illegal sexual intercourse’

[al-Mumtahanah 60:12] 

‘Aa’ishah said: Whoever among the believing women agreed to that had passed the test, and when the women agreed to that, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to them: “Go, for you have given your oath of allegiance.’ No, by Allaah, the hand of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never touched the hand of any woman, rather they would give their oath of allegiance with words only.” And ‘Aa’ishah said: “By Allaah, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) only took the oath of allegiance from the women in the manner prescribed by Allaah, and the hand of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never touched the hand of any woman. When he had taken their oath of allegiance he would say, ‘I have accepted your oath of allegiance verbally.’”
(narrated by Muslim, 1866) 
With this few hadith and quran I think it's evident enough to see that it's wrong and immoral to shake hand with non-muharam, it's time for him to seek for forgiveness and change his attitude towards the religion that shaped him.

And the Jews will not be pleased with you, nor the Christians until you follow their religion. Say; “Surely Allah's guidance, that is the (true) guidance”. And if you follow their desires after the knowledge that has come to you, you shall have no guardian from Allah, nor any helper" Surat 2:120

1 Like

Re: My Take On President Elect Handshake With Non-muharam by Haywhymido(m): 9:40am On May 18, 2015
Salam alekun, Fellow muslim brothers n sisters, condemnation of a muslim not shaking an opposite sex can only ensue esp. frm a muslim : 1.when u dont read ur quran or don't av one. 2 When u av unintentionally gave up ur hereafter 4 dis world. Right on dis nairaland i was shocked when i read sumone's post which says : am a muslim too n muslims condemning buhari shaking dat lady are foolish. This n many oda post by d so called "muslims"made me felt bad after reading dem, a drop of tear was abt coming down 4rm eye b4 i forcefully close my eyeslid dia is nthing as bad as get a backstab frm ur kind/ur own people in d view of outsiders.If u av no /little lack knowledge abt wot is being discuss abt islam pls dont get urself involved in d discussion. Sincerely, dis i still do whenever dia is such case.You never knw who maybe reading ur post n hearing ur ignoramus view. I don't knw when d shaking michelle obama by saudi king start holding ground in islam. When did buhari n d so called king of d great city turn to Quran n hadiths?? May we nt go astray

(1) (Reply)

Pics:muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship / How To Please Allah Azza Wajalla (suratul Ma'idah Vs 35) / 76yr Old Emir Of Katsina Marries 14yr Old Without Consent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.