Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,099 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Is My Mother Using Me? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Mother Using Me? (3115 Views)

Little Boy Lost Finds His Mother Using Google Earth After 26 YEARS!! / I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! / Devoted Son Who Lost Both Arms 2 Shock Spoon-feeds Sick Mother Using His Teeth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Mother Using Me? by mamagee3(f): 5:37am On May 18, 2015
Why does my mother always try to use me. She always wants me to go to occassions with her even when her friends invited her. I am 21 yrs old btw. I currently live at home because I am currently attending Community College and this has been going on for sometime now. It's also really awkward how she always wants to schedule hair appointments for me by contacting her friends to get the number of their own hairdressers and funny thing is she always wants me to go there but she never goes to her friend's salon for a hair do, she'll instead go to professionals. Plus she can never honor an invitation unless I agree to come with her for the party and she automatically tells her friends that I'll be coming with her. She always wants to get closer to me and be nice when I want to distance myself away but then goes right back to who she is the moment I try to get closer again

Guys what do you suggest I do?
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by Nobody: 5:46am On May 18, 2015
E be like I don miss road again. seriously op what is the issue here?

6 Likes

Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by agarawu23(m): 5:50am On May 18, 2015
mamagee3:
Why does my mother always try to use me. She always wants me to go to occassions with her even when her friends invited her. I am 21 yrs old btw. I currently live at home because I am currently attending Community College and this has been going on for sometime now. It's also really awkward how she always wants to schedule hair appointments for me by contacting her friends to get the number of their own hairdressers and funny thing is she always wants me to go there but she never goes to her friend's salon for a hair do, she'll instead go to professionals. Plus she can never honor an invitation unless I agree to come with her for the party and she automatically tells her friends that I'll be coming with her. She always wants to get closer to me and be nice when I want to distance myself away but then goes right back to who she is the moment I try to get closer again

your complain is meaningless to me undecided

you can go to family section for advice

6 Likes

Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by ginawest(f): 5:52am On May 18, 2015
i dont undastand d op at all

2 Likes

Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by Youngpo413: 5:54am On May 18, 2015
I think you are 12 not 21...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by alberto2k(m): 5:54am On May 18, 2015
i have no idea of what this Op is saying undecided
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by eleko1: 5:58am On May 18, 2015
Ur mama isn't using U but love and care for her baby 'girl'.There's nothing wrong in that.once u are married,I dnt think she'll do that anymore.Enjoy the company of ur mama till it last
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by Nobody: 6:14am On May 18, 2015
agarawu23:
your complain is meaningless to me undecided
you can go to family section for advice

Good morning, how was night sugar?
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by Dhavids(m): 6:15am On May 18, 2015
I think this OP is trying to use us!!

7 Likes

Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by wharlzywee(m): 6:20am On May 18, 2015
did u just say ur mum is using u...? some dnt even av d kind of opportunity ur having. its better u appreciate her and kip enjoyn ur motherly love b4 time takes it away 4m u

3 Likes

Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by Tallesty1(m): 6:29am On May 18, 2015
You are using your mom.

@op, that's mom's love 4 ya, something that many didn't get.

1 Like

Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by Nobody: 6:30am On May 18, 2015
*Girl you'll never understand your mum until you are a mum*

You owe her the respect she's entitled to- as your mum. This just shows you can't be friends yet so cherish and respect your mother and daughter relationship.

You're from different generations so accept her position in life.

You talk about her going to a pro for her hair and offering you mate's rates for your hair; one question "whose money? " that question determine how your hair gets done. So in this scenario your only option is to accept or politely decline.

I'm not attacking or blaming you but I'm playing the devil's advocate here. Simply put yourself in her shoes and remember she put up with (20+ years of) your shitt so....

Most importantly be grateful for her because what you have is more important than anything in this world *Mother &Daughter*

2 Likes

Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by IamLEGEND1: 6:32am On May 18, 2015
if i handle u with slippers eh??

wat the fück are u saying mehn?

@O.P
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by agarawu23(m): 6:36am On May 18, 2015
oyin17:

Good morning, how was night sugar?
fine urs?
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by Nobody: 6:37am On May 18, 2015
agarawu23:
fine urs?

Splendid , I ate cucumber
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by Nobody: 6:38am On May 18, 2015
Are you out of your got damn mind?

Your Mom wants to be closer to you and you're blabbing about her using you?

Are you normal?

How many of us don't have mothers?

How many of us even have mothers who even have the luxury of time to spend on us?

Abeg shut up and do something meaningful with your data.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by naijaboiy: 6:43am On May 18, 2015
Op is a young naive girl that doesn't understand Life. cheesy
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by naijaboiy: 6:44am On May 18, 2015
MzNelly:

Are you normal?

How many of us have mothers?

How many of us even have mothers who even have the luxury of time to spend on us?

Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by Nobody: 6:45am On May 18, 2015
naijaboiy:

Oh...... embarassed
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by Nobody: 6:46am On May 18, 2015
Big truth shocked I try tell her small before she commits suicide undecided

With the rate of orphans and children who grew up in social homes. Little girls that get sent out to be maids from age 6.... This grown ass woman talking such nonsense lipsrsealed

#R.I.P to mothers of days passed cry

MzNelly:

Are you normal?

How many of us have mothers?

1 Like

Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by naijaboiy: 7:11am On May 18, 2015
MzNelly:

Oh...... embarassed
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by Nobody: 7:14am On May 18, 2015
naijaboiy:

Were you correcting me or asking a question?
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by naijaboiy: 7:22am On May 18, 2015
MzNelly:

Were you correcting me or asking a question?
The statement I made bold was more like you were saying many of us don't have mothers
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by Nobody: 7:26am On May 18, 2015
naijaboiy:

The statement I made bold was more like you were saying many of us don't have mothers

Yeah.

Lol, geez, are you for real?
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by mamagee3(f): 7:38am On May 18, 2015
Youngpo413:
I think you are 12 not 21...
Why do you say that?
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by mamagee3(f): 7:43am On May 18, 2015
MzNelly:

Are you normal?

But the problem is she always wants to do things with me when she needs something from me like school work but then wants to be left alone once the task is over and done with.

And then comes back when she needs something else, it's almost like a cycle. That's why I think I'm being used. Don't know why!
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by Nobody: 7:58am On May 18, 2015
mamagee3:

But the problem is she always wants to do things with me when she needs something from me like school work but then wants to be left alone once the task is over and done with.

And then comes back when she needs something else, it's almost like a cycle. That's why I think I'm being used. Don't know why!

When she needs you to do your school work or hers?
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by 190: 8:31am On May 18, 2015
mamagee3:

mamagee are you still alive?
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by adanduka: 9:12am On May 18, 2015
So because your mum is alive and well and taking good care of you, you have forgotten to appreciate her?
Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by funlord(m): 9:17am On May 18, 2015
Smally! U no get father?
mamagee3:

grin
mamagee3:

Re: Is My Mother Using Me? by Nobody: 9:40am On May 18, 2015
Shay na she dey feed you? Why not complain of that? I don't really understand what you re saying sha. But I'd like to know what kind of friends your mom is introducing you to - male or female?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. / Annoying Behaviours Nigerian Parents Exhibit / I Need Your Help And Honest Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.