Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast (6201 Views)

Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng / PDP's Lagos Rally Dwarfs APC's Mega Rally In Lagos [ compare photos] / Jonathan And Buhari Images In 1977: Compare And Contrast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by bofoy(m): 8:20am On May 18, 2015
Uyo the capital of Akwa Ibom state under govt Godswill Akpabio for the pass eight years had witness a tremendous development with many govt projects of international standards but LAGOS the former capital of Nigeria and likely the most industrialized state in Nigeria over the pass sixteen year is still striving to reached the expectations of many Nigerians. Uyo is just 26 years old unlike lagos which has existed before independence

3 Likes

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by dulux07(m): 8:27am On May 18, 2015
Uyo is a town in Akwa ibom not a state. undecided whats wrong with the other towns, its better u compare abule-egba to uyo instead.
Akwa ibom including uyo, can never stand near lagos in terms of development. Get that strait.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by trendyaijay: 9:06am On May 18, 2015
I just visited, Akwa ibom recently and I can say that indeed, the government is working. The road network, availability of electricity, neatness of the environment is worthy of a good appraiser to the government of Akwa ibom. You can not see market everywhere, no street hawking. Indeed, Akwa ibom is worth giving the mark. I am a lagos born and bred. But plz the truth needs to be told, Akwa ibom has left lagos behind in terms of development, light, roads, security and much more

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by wolex3030: 9:08am On May 18, 2015
How can anyone compare Uyo with lagos .Uyo is a state capital while lagos is a state on it own.so compare Uyo with Ikeja.beside Akwa ibom state can't be compare with lagos state in term of development,Lagos is far above akwa ibom.

15 Likes

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by bofoy(m): 9:21am On May 18, 2015
Hmm
Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by Nobody: 9:24am On May 18, 2015
Lolz... Very Funny.. Comparing Uyo with Almighty Lagos State....Funny i must say

3 Likes

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by Maxymilliano(m): 9:36am On May 18, 2015
You can extend your comparison to the population density in Lagos and Uyo, the capital of Akwa Ibom.

The population of Ajeromi-Ifelodun alone, is more than what you have in Uyo.

10 Likes

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by tucky200(m): 9:41am On May 18, 2015
For f.ucks sake why will u compare uyo to lagos.......are u okay ?

1 Like

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by Abagworo(m): 10:38am On May 18, 2015
Aba is far more developed than Uyo not to talk if Lagos. People are really going insane.

7 Likes

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by Babalegba(m): 10:55am On May 18, 2015
One of the funniest threads on nairaland. I shake my head for Nigerian education

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by kettykings: 11:00am On May 18, 2015
Akwa Ibom feeds Lagos, all Akwa Ibom need is a deep sea port and a well planned industrial city and a 6 lane express way to Aba to overtake Lagos in all ramifications.
Lagos was built by the federal government while Akwa Ibom was built by ibomites

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by asala1: 11:07am On May 18, 2015
trendyaijay:
I just visited, Akwa ibom recently and I can say that indeed, the government is working. The road network, availability of electricity, neatness of the environment is worthy of a good appraiser to the government of Akwa ibom. You can not see market everywhere, no street hawking. Indeed, Akwa ibom is worth giving the mark. I am a lagos born and bred. But plz the truth needs to be told, Akwa ibom has left lagos behind in terms of development, light, roads, security and much more
You don't know what you are taking about. The population of one local government in Lagos is more than the whole of Uyo.

8 Likes

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by Icon4s(m): 11:21am On May 18, 2015
Haba! This Uyo- Akwa Ibom bragging has gone too far.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by OduaVanguard: 11:24am On May 18, 2015
I laugh in Chinese. cheesy Just Victoria Island alone is more developed infrastructurally than the whole of Akwa Ibom, not to mention Ikoyi, Lekki-Ajah Axis, Banana Island, or Ikeja. Smh.

8 Likes

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by Orunto: 11:45am On May 18, 2015
You have asked for nothing.
Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by fr3do(m): 12:19pm On May 18, 2015
Uyo is a mini heaven
Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by IamPatriotic(m): 12:19pm On May 18, 2015
Where is/are your empirical evidence(s), Pinturs?
Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by bakynes(m): 1:04pm On May 18, 2015
The same Lagos a lot of Ibomites rush to to become house helps. If we start repatriation of non-indigenes in Lagos you people will start shouting and crying. The pressure on Lagos infrastructures is just too much. Alimosho LGA in Lagos has more population than uyo and about the same with the whole of Akwa-ibom. Besides compare V.I, Lekki, Banana Island, Ikeja the capital to Uyo not d whole Lagos.

13 Likes

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by dandollaz: 2:35pm On May 18, 2015
drulux07:
Uyo is a town in Akwa ibom not a state. undecided whats wrong with the other towns, its better u compare abule-egba to uyo instead.
Akwa ibom including uyo, can never stand near lagos in terms of development. Get that strait.
who no go no go know,if u r a traveller u will not talk like this.akwa ibom is very beautiful in new styles while lagos na old glory and commercial city.
Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by Ritchiee: 2:56pm On May 18, 2015
Like comparing America with Togo...Shame

2 Likes

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 18, 2015
Let me take it a notch higher.

A street in uyo is well developed than the whole of lagos state.
Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by MeAndYou(m): 3:11pm On May 18, 2015
Though Uyo is developing at a fast rate, Lagos is still miles ahead in all ramifications

3 Likes

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by MeAndYou(m): 3:13pm On May 18, 2015
kettykings:
Akwa Ibom feeds Lagos, all Akwa Ibom need is a deep sea port and a well planned industrial city and a 6 lane express way to Aba to overtake Lagos in all ramifications.

Just take am easy na

2 Likes

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by sherrylo: 3:16pm On May 18, 2015
Hmmm comparison oh
Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by kettykings: 3:17pm On May 18, 2015
MeAndYou:

Just take am easy na
I did but some people don't realize that even the Lagos you are boasting of is filled up with investments and investors from the other parts of the country

1 Like

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by Akan(m): 4:11pm On May 18, 2015
What are we comparing here? why compare oranges with pineapples. Lagos, a state and Uyo, a state capital. U'd be better comparing job creation between Akpabio and Fashola in their individual states. Akpabio fails miserably

5 Likes

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 18, 2015
How many people lives in Uyo. Compare ko conspire ni. Do you want to compare some Caribean Island to New York?

3 Likes

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by oladele97: 4:29pm On May 18, 2015
op am sure u wrong up stairs, even in 50 years time uyo no fit meet Ikeja

1 Like

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by nerodenero: 4:35pm On May 18, 2015
Lagos this, Lagos that! Lagos is causing so many people headache o. There is no basis for comparison besides, no state plus FCT houses people of different ethnic groups than Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by FKO81(m): 4:41pm On May 18, 2015
wolex3030:
How can anyone compare Uyo with lagos .Uyo is a state capital while lagos is a state on it own.so compare Uyo with Ikeja.beside Akwa ibom state can't be compare with lagos state in term of development,Lagos is far above akwa ibom.
Mind you Lagos is the smallest state in Landmass so camparing Uyo is not bad, to me VI, Lakki, Ikoyi, Part of Ikeja,part of Surulere and Marina is the only area that make sense in Lagos
Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by DiademSh07: 5:06pm On May 18, 2015
kettykings:
See this dull head, Lagos that was a metropolis city before the british colonization was built by whose money?
The same Lagos that has its Oba visiting Lodon in the 60's was built by whose money?
Ibos rewriting Nigeria history since infants! What a shame!

7 Likes

Re: Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast by meforyou1(m): 5:08pm On May 18, 2015
dulux07:
Lagos is a city, not a state. Just like Kano, kaduna and benin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Long term Agriculture is Not Way Foward Industrialization Is. (nigerian Economy) / Questions For Briafrans. / Power Generation Drops By 630MW At Egbin Power Plant After Fire Outbreak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.