Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,977 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? (13735 Views)

Should I Killed Any Christian As A Muslim(confused) / 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' / £100 To Any Christian Who Can Prove The Hindu God Doesn't Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by POPdecorator: 6:33pm On May 18, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Really?

The underlined shows that you are not sure of what you are saying.

Therefore, jesus turning water to wine is also spiritual, isn't it?

Jesus walking on sea is also spiritual and not physical, isnt it?

So, if you are asked to jump from a building, they are talking spiritual and not physical, isn't it?

Help us search the internet and post the image of that mountain please.

NB: Please No robotic reply
this is 1 of d best reply in dis thread

i lik am very well keep it up ALLAH is ur strength

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by Scholar8200(m): 6:34pm On May 18, 2015
Empiree:
Let's see

How Did Judas Die Bible Answered:

Matthew 27:5
"Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed, and went and [size=15pt]hanged himself"[/size]

Acts 1:18
"Now this man purchased a field with the wages of iniquity; and [color=#000099]falling headlong, he burst open in the middle and all his entrails gushed out.[/color]"

You want more
Yes, no contradiction there; one has to be on an elevated point before falling can occur.

1 Like

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by malvisguy212: 6:36pm On May 18, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Really?

The underlined shows that you are not sure of what you are saying.

Therefore, jesus turning water to wine is also spiritual, isn't it?

Jesus walking on sea is also spiritual and not physical, isnt it?

So, if you are asked to jump from a building, they are talking spiritual and not physical, isn't it?

Help us search the internet and post the image of that mountain please.

NB: Please No robotic reply
I understand muhammed is an illiterate, but you are not my friend, soo turning water into wine is physical? Pleased what is the menu of this medicine? Did the people see the medicine he used?

Muhammed splitting the moon is it physical? How did it do it?
Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 18, 2015
Geophem:
i want to believe dt d op is looking for a precise answer, right?? Bt knw dis bible isnt written like english novel .. Bt written in d language, culture and level of exposure as @ dt time...so u must understand it dt way... To ur question dis is my tot.... After his fasting in d wilderness he was indeed on a mountain and devil(not a physical being) showd him in a vision or (trance) d whole universe ....

you have sense

1 Like

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by malvisguy212: 6:40pm On May 18, 2015
vedaxcool:

Lol grin What is the name of the Mountain? If u no sabi ask u younger brother make him helep u.

Name of mountain N100k is yours.
read here the mountain are here with picture, N100k is your life saving?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_of_Temptation
Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by POPdecorator: 6:47pm On May 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
even my junior brother are laughing at your foolishness, did Islam did this to you?the mountain are there but everything that happened is spiritually, during the transfiguration on the mountain they see the GLORY of God, does this mean if you go to the mountain in Jerusalem you will still see the glory of God? Foolish thinking from a muslims, spiritual dead indeed!!!

Let me repeat my question.

I believe if I go to judea now, by the power of the most high God I will see the whole world.now, do you believe Allah can do it?
chai u dey lie hooo

1 Like

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by Empiree: 6:47pm On May 18, 2015
Scholar8200:
Yes, no contradiction there; one has to be on an elevated point before falling can occur.

Hanging: to attach or place something so that it is held up without support from below

: to decorate (a surface) by hanging something (such as a picture) on it

: to put (wallpaper) on a wall
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hang

Falling & headlong: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/falling
https://www.google.com/search?q=Falling+headlong&oq=Falling+headlong&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=headlong

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by malvisguy212: 6:48pm On May 18, 2015
Empiree:
Let's see

How Did Judas Die Bible Answered:

"Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed, and went and [size=15pt]hanged himself"[/size]

"Now this man purchased a field with the wages of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst open in the middle and all his entrails gushed out."

You want more
just as scholar say, no contradiction in here.Matthew 27:1-10 mentioned the fact that Judas died by hanging himself in order to be strictly factual. Luke, however in his
report in Acts1:18-19 wants to cause the
feeling of revulsion among his readers,
for the field spoken about and for Judas, and nowhere denies that Judas died by hanging. According to tradition, it would seem that Judas hanged himself on the edge of a cliff, above the Valley of Hinnom. Eventually the rope snapped, was cut or untied and Judas fell upon the field below as described by Luke.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by malvisguy212: 6:52pm On May 18, 2015
Empiree:

Hanging:[/b]to attach or place something so that it is held up without support from below

[b]Falling & headlong:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/falling
https://www.google.com/search?q=Falling+headlong&oq=Falling+headlong&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=headlong
do you know the meaning of contradiction at all? Matthew say Judas hang himself and Luke account in acts did not deny judas hang himself.
Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by POPdecorator: 6:54pm On May 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
I understand muhammed is an illiterate, but you are not my friend, soo turning water into wine is physical? Pleased what is the menu of this medicine? Did the people see the medicine he used?

Muhammed splitting the moon is it physical? How did it do it?
u believe in spliting of d moon? Now the truth is coming out of xtian mouth

2 Likes

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by vedaxcool(m): 6:55pm On May 18, 2015
malvisguy212:

Oponu, grin grin this is what your link says;

The exact location is unknown and impossible to determine. It is generally identified with Mount Quarantania, Arabic name: Jabal al-Qarantal, a mountain approximately 366 metres (1,201 ft) high, towering from the northwest over the town of Jericho in the West Bank.

Ur link is saying in essence we don't know where this bullssasshit came from. Compounding ur dull understanding of the bible it says highest mountain, that nonesense u posted cannot even bee called a mountain as a mountain starts fron 600m your hill is below 400. Lol grin grin

Mathew seeing what u have done.

Or was mathew refferring to mount everest?

2 Likes

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by Empiree: 6:57pm On May 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
just as scholar say, no contradiction in here.Matthew 27:1-10 mentioned the fact that Judas died by hanging himself in order to be strictly factual. Luke, however in his
report in Acts1:18-19 wants to cause the
feeling of revulsion among his readers,
for the field spoken about and for Judas, and nowhere denies that Judas died by hanging. According to tradition, it would seem that Judas hanged himself on the edge of a cliff, above the Valley of Hinnom. Eventually the rope snapped, was cut or untied and Judas fell upon the field below as described by Luke.
Nonsense!. you contradicted your Bible scholars. Their commentary contradicts yours just like I said to your fellow christian on rilwayne's thread. And their commentaries contradict each other as well.

6 Likes

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by malvisguy212: 7:00pm On May 18, 2015
vedaxcool:

Oponu, grin grin this is what your link says;

The exact location is unknown and impossible to determine. It is generally identified with Mount Quarantania, Arabic name: Jabal al-Qarantal, a mountain approximately 366 metres (1,201 ft) high, towering from the northwest over the town of Jericho in the West Bank.

Ur link is saying in essence we don't know where this bullssasshit came from. Compounding ur dull understanding of the bible it says highest mountain, that nonesense u posted cannot even bee called a mountain as a mountain starts fron 600m your hill is below 400. Lol grin grin

Mathew seeing what u have done.
fool, that is the mountain but the exact location is impossible to determined, the mountain is large.
Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by malvisguy212: 7:01pm On May 18, 2015
Empiree:
Nonsense!. you contradicted your Bible scholars. Their commentary contradicts yours just like I said to your fellow christian on rilwayne's thread. And their commentaries contradict each other as well.
nonsense, show me were Luke deny judas was hang?
Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by Empiree: 7:04pm On May 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
do you know the meaning of contradiction at all? Matthew say Judas hang himself and Luke account in acts did not deny judas hang himself. show me were Luke deny judas was hang?
I like to see where Luke agreed with Matthew. Luke and Matthew gave different accounts of the incident. Now dont derail this thread. I only responded quickly to your fellow christian who claim bible is infallible

1 Like

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by Scholar8200(m): 7:04pm On May 18, 2015
Empiree:

Hanging:[/b]to attach or place something so that it is held up without support from below

[b]Falling & headlong:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/falling
The complement is greatly appreciated! smiley. At least, your real intention is known.

However, for the sake of those who are not here to scoff,

" The word here rendered "headlong" - πρηνής prēnēs (Latin "pronus," whence our English word "prone"wink - means properly "bent forward, head-foremost"; and the idea is, that his position in hanging himself was such that when the cord broke he fell headlong, or fell forward on his face. He first hanged himself, and then fell and was burst asunder "(Culled from Biblehub)

For a translation that took place in 1611, the failure to transliterate is pardonable. And considering the fact that the one in question would have been on the tree for a while (Friday - Sunday), the posture and increased weight due to bloating will lead to an occurrence described by the Inspired writers.
Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 18, 2015
Scholar8200:
The complement is greatly appreciated! smiley. At least, your real intention is known.

However, for the sake of those who are not here to scoff,

" The word here rendered "headlong" - πρηνής prēnēs (Latin "pronus," whence our English word "prone"wink - means properly "bent forward, head-foremost"; and the idea is, that his position in hanging himself was such that when the cord broke he fell headlong, or fell forward on his face. He first hanged himself, and then fell and was burst asunder "(Culled from Biblehub)

For a translation that took place in 1611, the failure to transliterate is pardonable. And considering the fact that the one in question would have been on the tree for a while (Friday - Sunday), the posture and increased weight due to bloating will lead to an occurrence described by the Inspired writers.

Lol at 'posture' and 'increased weight due to bloating'.
Please enough derailment already.

Mountain mountain mountain, is what we're looking for....

Bro vedaxcool. Olumo rock is probably higher than the 300m 'mountain' in the wiki article quoted by malvisguy212. It would have to be much higher (and 4-dimensional too), if Jesus was able to preview the Ming dynasty and the Shogunate in Japan, while also admiring the Maya, Aztec and Inca cities in central America, and the Roman empire across the Mediterranean; all on a spherical earth. Hey, did he also see the Australian aborigines?

3 Likes

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by Empiree: 7:16pm On May 18, 2015
Scholar8200:
The complement is greatly appreciated! smiley. At least, your real intention is known. However, for the sake of those who are not here to scoff,
" The word here rendered "headlong" - πρηνής prēnēs (Latin "pronus," whence our English word "prone"wink - means properly "bent forward, head-foremost"; and the idea is, that his position in hanging himself was such that when the cord broke he fell headlong, or fell forward on his face. This can easily be supposed if he threw himself from a rock or elevated place. He first hanged himself, and then fell and was burst asunder "(Culled from Biblehub) For a translation that took place in 1611, the failure to transliterate is pardonable.
Story story Mr. scholar. You only tried to give your personal interpretation which is quiet straw. Your Bible says there is no personal interpretation of biblical verse. 2 Peter 1:20: "First, you must understand this: No passage in Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation."

Let me reiterate

"Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed, and went and hanged himself"

"Now this man purchased a field with the wages of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst open in the middle and all his entrails gushed out."

3 Likes

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by tintingz(m): 7:17pm On May 18, 2015
vedaxcool:

My christian friends tintingz have spoken the truth why won't u speak the truth? The truth shall set u free.
Leave them, is like dem no want the 100k.

Veda I dey wait for my money, have talk my own answer. smiley

3 Likes

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by Scholar8200(m): 7:27pm On May 18, 2015
Empiree:
Story story Mr. scholar. You only tried to give your personal interpretation which is quiet straw. Your Bible says there is no personal interpretation of biblical verse. 2 Peter 1:20: "First, you must understand this: No passage in Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation."

Let me reiterate

"Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed, and went and hanged himself"

I believe a reference to the root word in the language concerned is not a private interpretation. And the fact that the discussion in Acts 1:18 and the setting described by the speaker, occurred after the event referenced in Matthew goes further to buttress my point.
Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by Scholar8200(m): 7:36pm On May 18, 2015
Abuamam:

Lol at 'posture' and 'increased weight due to bloating'.
Please enough derailment already.

Mountain mountain mountain, is what we're looking for....

Bro vedaxcool. Olumo rock is probably higher than the 300m 'mountain' in the wiki article quoted by malvisguy212. It would have to be much higher (and 4-dimensional too), if Jesus was able to preview the Ming dynasty and the Shogunate in Japan, while also admiring the Maya, Aztec and Inca cities in central America, and the Roman empire across the Mediterranean; all on a spherical earth. Hey, did he also see the Australian aborigines?
The derailment had a starting point. Meanwhile I wonder why you'll refer to Ming, Shogunate... 14-17th Century CE/AD occurrences at this point!
Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 18, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Bros, first of all define the word "infallible".
you might want to check your dictionary, guy seriously i used to like you despite our religion differences that is why I started following you, but i'm not impressed with this at all.
Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by Rilwayne001: 7:41pm On May 18, 2015
malvisguy212:

grin grin dayummmn...malvis, you no go kii person

1 Like

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by POPdecorator: 7:43pm On May 18, 2015
tintingz:
Leave them, is like dem no want the 100k.

Veda I dey wait for my money, have talk my own answer. smiley
u funny sha he would have given that money but EFCC go catch
so sorry
Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by Geophem(m): 7:44pm On May 18, 2015
vedaxcool:

Jesus wasnt on a mountain the devil took him to the highest mountain to get a good angle to show him all of the world kingdom.

But interesting point though, it implies mathew couldn't express hmself well due to limitation in his culture etc.

And yes I am dead serious on giving N100k if a location can been given.
lets forget d money..... Now let us reason 2geda... Devil wasnt a physical being so he cldnt take a physical being jesus bt can contrlol his reasoning... So believe me all dis scenario is a vision, a dream or trance.....
Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 18, 2015
Scholar8200:
The derailment had a starting point. Meanwhile I wonder why you'll refer to Ming, Shogunate... 14-17th Century CE/AD occurrences at this point!

They were presumably part of the 'kingdoms of the earth' shown to Jesus as temptation.
Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by Rilwayne001: 7:49pm On May 18, 2015
hatbricker:
you might want to check your dictionary,

You brought the arguement, so, you are expected to answer the question directed at you without you refering me to another source. And what if I don't have a dictionary?

Biko answer the question

guy seriously i used to like you despite our religion differences that is why I started following you, but i'm not impressed with this at all.

Bros, I like you too, and thats why I followed you back. We will always question our religious differences, just as you concluded up there that Islam is not a religion of peace, I'm not pertubed by that cus many xtians on this board have said more derogatory words than that.

I think you should be closwr to this board (religion section) and see threads created by your brothers to insult islam and those who we held in high essteeem, something we can never do to jesus.

All the same. I like you still, even if you don't wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by Scholar8200(m): 7:50pm On May 18, 2015
Abuamam:

They were presumably part of the 'kingdoms of the earth' shown to Jesus as temptation.
Wow! How did you know this?! The event of temptation occurred around the first century! Ming, Shogunate etc were between 14-17th century.
Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by otipoju(m): 8:04pm On May 18, 2015
Weah96:

You should have asked this when he was walking on the ocean using his legs, or feeding one million people with 2 baby fish.

Someone who created oxygen and mountains can do what the FCK he wants.

Pray for understanding...you need it.

1. There is mo mountain that can give one a birds eye view of the whole world so the mountain that you are looking for does not exist.it is in this sense that I say it is the heights jesus was lead to is not a physical one.

2. Jesus was taken up a mountain and showed a vision by satan of the kingdoms of the world.

3. The exact contents or nature or sequence of that vision we do not know.All we know is that he was shown and offered dominon over the kingdoms of the world.

4. There is verifiable evidence of gurus walking on fiery coals in the far east in modern times so Jesus walking on water should not be deemed incredible.
Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by vedaxcool(m): 8:04pm On May 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
fool, that is the mountain but the exact location is impossible to determined, the mountain is large.

Fail grin Sorry no N100k for oboteman.

1 Like

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by vedaxcool(m): 8:09pm On May 18, 2015
Abuamam:

The guy is a professional derailer, he can question the kingdoms u mention, but he cannot question the unrealistic claim of the bible . . . Better ignored I would say!

1 Like

Re: I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? by malvisguy212: 8:11pm On May 18, 2015
Empiree:
I like to see where Luke agreed with Matthew. Luke and Matthew gave different account of the incident. Now dont derail this thread. I only responded quickly to your fellow christian who claim bible is infallible
Luke gospel did not record the death of judas meaning Luke did not witnesses it HE pay attention to the life of Jesus christ.

It was in acts that Luke later record it but he did not record judas hanging meaning he did not witnesses it but he witnesses the dead body.
Here is acts account:

Acts 1:18-19 Now THIS man purchased
a field with the reward of INEQUITY;
and FALLING headlong, he burst
asunder in the midst, and all his
bowels gushed out. And it was known
unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem;
insomuch as that field is called in
their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is
to say, The field of blood.

From where did judas body fall from?as a matter of fact acts account was a teaching, why did Luke used the word inequity? It mean Luke was teaching FROM the actual event in MATTHEW.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church / “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors / The Cain And Abel Nature In Every Human Being

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.