Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Questions You Have Always Wanted To Ask As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions You Have Always Wanted To Ask As A Christian (449 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them / "I Wanted To Destroy Prophet T.B Joshua, Then This Happened"-Woman Reveals. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions You Have Always Wanted To Ask As A Christian by tpiadotcom: 4:16pm On May 18, 2015
-I come from an occultic background. How can I reconcile my Christianity and my Idolatry?
Re: Questions You Have Always Wanted To Ask As A Christian by elantraceey(f): 4:19pm On May 18, 2015
I don't get you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions You Have Always Wanted To Ask As A Christian by ayoku777(m): 5:16pm On May 18, 2015
tpiadotcom:
-I come from an occultic background. How can I reconcile my Christianity and my Idolatry?

You can't reconcile the two. Occultism and christianity are poles apart. You can't be going to the north and going to the south at the same time. You have to turn your back on one to go in the direction of the other.

Also light and darkness cannot be reconciled. The two are inversely proportional. When you switch on the light, every trace of darkness vanishes.

Occultism is of the devil and of the kingdom of darkness, from which you have been delivered and translated into the kingdom of of God, the kingdom of light.

The kingdom of God is now responsible for your provision, protection, peace, power and purpose. You are not permitted to bring in any occultic practises into the lifestyle of the christian faith, lest you grieve the Holy Spirit of God.

So, how can you reconcile your christian faith with idolatry? You can't. You have to turn your back totally on one to go the way of the other.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Questions You Have Always Wanted To Ask As A Christian by haffaze777(m): 5:18pm On May 18, 2015
tpiadotcom:

are they not d same thing already?
Re: Questions You Have Always Wanted To Ask As A Christian by Rilwayne001: 5:24pm On May 18, 2015
OP, ask Pagan9ja. He is an occultic; just like you.

He's attending a christian-like church of aborisha. They even have choirs..Smh

(1) (Reply)

Genuine Confession For Forgiveness / Bar Govt Officials From Flying First Class, Catholics Tell Buhari / A Message From University Of Jahannama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.