Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

ONE LOVE & ONENESS: The Only True Religion! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ONE LOVE & ONENESS: The Only True Religion! (444 Views)

Why Christianity Is The Only True Religion And Not Islam? / Why Islam Is The Only True Religion NOT Christianity / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ONE LOVE & ONENESS: The Only True Religion! by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 18, 2015
With so many problems in the world today (most especially in our country Nigeria) prompts the need for solutions, and not blames trading. We'd be stuck here (for every pathetic reason) if we keep blaming others over who or what caused what, especially blaming branches of government for every societal misfortune, forgetting the government we criticise were once individuals like you and me , and also oblivious to the fact that we too (blamers) will become members of government someday to do nothing.

The damage to our society is deep (shame on us!) and felt each passing day, but worse awaits if we as a nation don't re-evaluate our stance on popular societal deformities like corruption, tribalism, nepotism, religious intolerance, gender marginalisation etcetera. We welcomed these far too long now it's become culture (a part of us) - So do we keep blaming government for obvious roles we religious played (and still play) in the downfall of our society? Do we honestly feel the tension between Northern and Southern Nigeria is worsened through anyone but ourselves?

It does call for an internal reawakening. We need to love each other (unconditionally) and be practical this time. Let us acknowledge the needs of others and help to build a community comprising not just talkers/blamers but helpers and carers. We should make worthy sacrifices for the strangers around us (our supposed brothers and sisters). Instead of hatred let's try kindness, instead of revenge let us forgive and show genuine compassion. We cannot change the wrongs of yesterday quite alright, but we very much can save the good left of today. Just like deep introspection we must look inwards, and instead of faulting other tribes and religions (Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Christian or Muslim), we should be mindful first and fix ourselves accordingly. When we change our mindset (for good) and conform to a superior understanding (love) we make the world a peaceful and beautiful place altogether.

My name is OneVoice4all, I am proud to be Nigerian, and even more so, proud to be part of this blessed generation that takes responsibility. I am proud to be associated with a reformation that would restore the pride and good of our dear country. Let us look beyond ethnic/religious rivalries and stick to the essence of religion which is peace, oneness, love and togetherness!

And just like a wise man once said we cannot have a perfect Nigeria until we seek to perfect the Nigerian in each of us ...LET US UNITE !

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons To Believe In Christ Rather Than Religion / Your View-point On 1 Corinthians 5:11 / Why Am I Not Rich,why Am I Still Strugging.the Answer Is Here, Come In... An

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.