Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding (44919 Views)

Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree / Nigerian Woman Who Was Pregnant For 3 Years Finally Gives Birth. Photos / Teacher Makes Girl Sit On Hot Water Container In Lagos, Girl Dies (Graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by sammhi(m): 7:13am On May 19, 2015
Flashh:
Nobody should blame the doctor, he's not at fault.

The girl is just too silly.

no sir...if the story is true d doctor can still be sued for professional negligence. Any qualified doctor who fail to do wat he should do deserve punishment.... its time we obey ethics of d profession

1 Like

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by idu1(m): 7:17am On May 19, 2015
bigass:

If someone present with chest pain and you order mri ecg and echo only to discover it's from chest muscles. After paying about 80k. I will collect my money back.
heheheheh u r funny....

Its better u know its from chest muscle so that your mind ll be at rest....
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by blessin30289(f): 7:21am On May 19, 2015
What can I say?
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by nationwide1(m): 7:34am On May 19, 2015
Kingbilo:

Disagree.. This is internal bleeding... Time is not on their side. The doctor knew that no matter what he has to open her up. The question is which area. I wonder if the hospital even had the equipment you are talking about

Except for the lack of equipment but the excuse of time not being on their side is not acceptable.

How can the doctor rush to theater without right diagnosis because of time? Stabilizing the patient would give him time to quickly get those tests done.

Severe lower / right lower abdominal pain in a female should alert the doctor of common differentials.

The tests I mentioned are simple and basic ones which can be performed in local hospital.

1 Like

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by DollyParton1(f): 7:37am On May 19, 2015
ronald4lif:
In saner climes, that doctor risk losing his licence for negligence of duty. He ought to carry out appropriate medical test and not rely on the patient's account. A doctor should diagnose ailment before proceeding with any treatment and not rely on patients account of symptoms. He really have a lot to answer.

DrAify and KingTom, what are your take on this.

Lord!!!
You took it out of my mouth. Isn't it the rule to cancel out all other possible differential diagnosis before arriving on your final one. I blame the doctor and not the girl.

1 Like

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by nationwide1(m): 7:39am On May 19, 2015
Kassidy90:

Am 101% with u, but instead of putting all the blames on the doc we should try n let people realize that lying to a doctor or any health professionals is like signing their death warrant.....

I didn't put all the blame on the doctor. Read my post again.

The girl goofed big time. Perhaps she taught the doctor was a magician to know her problem and help without her telling the truth.
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by DollyParton1(f): 7:43am On May 19, 2015
KingTom:
I am sorry to say this but the standard of doctors has really reduced drastically since my days. I mean now a days these guys are so lazy and their lecturers are worse. I blame technology though grin
I blame the country and the its methods of enforcing law. Because even countries who rely heavily on technology in their medical fields still do thier investigations thoroughly.

1 Like

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by ziccoit: 7:50am On May 19, 2015
ronald4lif:
In saner climes, that doctor risk losing his licence for negligence of duty. He ought to carry out appropriate medical test and not rely on the patient's account. A doctor should diagnose ailment before proceeding with any treatment and not rely on patients account of symptoms. He really have a lot to answer.

Exactly, any girl who has reached menarche and presents with bleeding pv should have USS and serum/urine pt done within shortest time possible. Those small girls and lies are like Siamese twins.
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by Kcinho(m): 7:52am On May 19, 2015
tendermind:
The doctor was out of it entirely, it is ethically wrong to operate a patient based on the clinical history, is there no ultrasound machine?or a radiologist who would have confirmed whether it was ectopic pregnancy or ruptured appendix? You just went and operated upon a patient based on suspect . Dts why she came to the hospital for a proper diagnosis and treatment.
do u understand what an exploratory laparotomy is?
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by DollyParton1(f): 7:53am On May 19, 2015
nationwide1:

I didn't put all the blame on the doctor. Read my post again.

The girl goofed big time. Perhaps she taught the doctor was a magician to know her problem and help without her telling the truth.

Whether the patient lied or not, the fault is totally on this particular doctor. Its a medical rule, a lady of reproductive age presenting with sudden abdominal paon should be suspected of ectopic pregnancy. The doctor was supposed to rule it out by a simple pregnancy test.

1 Like

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by Kingbilo(m): 7:54am On May 19, 2015
nationwide1:

Except for the lack of equipment but the excuse of time not being on their side is not acceptable.

How can the doctor rush to theater without right diagnosis because of time? Stabilizing the patient would give him time to quickly get those tests done.

Severe lower / right lower abdominal pain in a female should alert the doctor of common differentials.

The tests I mentioned are simple and basic ones which can be performed in local hospital.

The only way to stem internal bleeding is to drain the blood. For that, you have to open up the patient.

I think the doctor did the right thing
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by DollyParton1(f): 8:00am On May 19, 2015
Kcinho:

do u understand what an exploratory laparotomy is?
exploratory laparotomy is used when all differential diagnosis has been ruled out.
tell me what did they rule out? Pregnancy because she claimed she was a virgin?

1 Like

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by annice2014: 8:02am On May 19, 2015
The tweet is too tiny 4 me to read. Pls can some help out.
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by annice2014: 8:02am On May 19, 2015
The tweet is too tiny 4 me to read. Pls can someone help out.
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by sursur(m): 8:11am On May 19, 2015
kestolove95:
Pls wats d name of d movie?
PREGNANT VIRGIN pt 2

1 Like

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by nationwide1(m): 8:30am On May 19, 2015
DollyParton1:

Whether the patient lied or not, the fault is totally on this particular doctor. Its a medical rule, a lady of reproductive age presenting with sudden abdominal paon should be suspected of ectopic pregnancy. The doctor was supposed to rule it out by a simple pregnancy test.

Thanks for being on my side here. I tried saying it but some people said I was putting all the blame on the doctor.

A girl of productive age can't complain of severe abdominal pain and no pregnancy test is done.

Another person even countered me by saying the doctor had no time. How did he have the time to go into theater without a pregnancy test and urgent PCV?

That the doctor made his mistakes is still my stand.

1 Like

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by Ayjos10(m): 8:33am On May 19, 2015
honestly d way som girls lie en...dey suld be called LION...liein to ur doctor agn?...
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by KingTom(m): 8:34am On May 19, 2015
DollyParton1:

I blame the country and the its methods of enforcing law. Because even countries who rely heavily on technology in their medical fields still do thier investigations thoroughly.
So then, we blame PDP grin
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by nationwide1(m): 8:40am On May 19, 2015
Kingbilo:

The only way to stem internal bleeding is to drain the blood. For that, you have to open up the patient.

I think the doctor did the right thing
Read the original post bro.
The doctor did not go into the theatre with internal bleeding (haemoperitoneum) diagnosis but with appendicitis in mind.
That's my query. A girl of productive age can't complain of severe abdominal pain and no pregnancy test is done even if she lied.
I'm not supporting her lie though.

1 Like

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by DollyParton1(f): 8:42am On May 19, 2015
KingTom:
So then, we blame PDP grin
lol... I blame Jonathan.
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by Kcinho(m): 8:50am On May 19, 2015
DollyParton1:

exploratory laparotomy is used when all differential diagnosis has been ruled out.
tell me what did they rule out? Pregnancy because she claimed she was a virgin?
No ma, in this case laparoscopy and laparatomy are modalities reserved for pts who are hemodynamically unstable which I guess one was done in this case. I guess we should criticise this guy from actual facts not on hear say posted on twitter.
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by KingTom(m): 8:54am On May 19, 2015
DollyParton1:
lol... I blame Jonathan.
I do too grin
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by KingTom(m): 8:54am On May 19, 2015
DollyParton1:
lol... I blame Jonathan.
I do too grin
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by Nyckeh: 8:57am On May 19, 2015
Same happened to a neighbour of mine too, she was pregnant Nd took some drugs(only God knws) and was bleeding (for 11days)yet telling her ppl she's seeing her period. It was wen she passed out on d 11th day b4 she was rushed to d hospital, God really saved d girl. After recovery she lied it was her bf dt gave her some drugs when she was sick (in February) den she noticed d drugs were fake after taking some which resulted into her bleeding in May (see akoba!). Her senseless bro den keeps harassing d bf anywhere they meet b4 d truth came out dt anoda guy was responsible for dt pregnancy and d idiot Nd stupid bf still went ahead to marry d girl

1 Like

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by sweetgala(m): 9:50am On May 19, 2015
ronald4lif:

I'll differ before a patient is subjected to a medical surgery that patient would be asked to sign a document absolving the doctor of any fault where the patient has intentionally negatively influenced the outcome of said surgery.

First thing my GP asks when I go to see him is , tell me how you feel? , when did it start and are there any genetic conditions or peculiar actions by you that could have influenced your ailment, doctors diagnose by asking questions.

Choosing to leave the fact she is pregnant out and lying she is a virgin , who might have tries to abort the baby , otherwise why does she have a ruptures tube !
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by AnanseK(m): 9:56am On May 19, 2015
Another case of medical mismanagement. The reason why we train Doctors is so that they can make diagnosis and then treat. The patients have no responsibility for Doctors incompetence. The family should take legal action.

1 Like

Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by sweetgala(m): 10:05am On May 19, 2015
All these doctors practising in saner climes talking principle and what should be are forgeting something, this is Nigeria

What makes you think there is Ultrasound machines available, you were not present to able to tell what others lies the patient spun to deceive the doctors.

The only lie I ever told any doctor was when I had my sub mandibular gland removed , my mum who is in the medical field was there and this chap was asking if I smoke or drink I was like 21 then , and like many other university guys I was a casual smoker of the herb , dude I flat line lied, with a straight face.
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by kestolove95(m): 10:07am On May 19, 2015
sursur:
PREGNANT VIRGIN pt 2
hahahahaha madman
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by simdam500(m): 11:12am On May 19, 2015
In tweet? sad

Thanks mod for summarizing it in one word... so
Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding....

She must be shy, which now lead to her demise..... even the bible want u to say the truth so that you won't perish
Re: Girl Dies After Lying To Doctors She's A Virgin When She Was Pregnant & Bleeding by Nobody: 11:19am On May 19, 2015
sweetgala:

Choosing to leave the fact she is pregnant out and lying she is a virgin , who might have tries to abort the baby , otherwise why does she have a ruptures tube !

Ectopic pregnancies tend to rupture the tube....essentially they are pregnancies that grow in the Fallopian tube....and not the uterus/womb itself.

The fallopian tube not being able to handle any pregnancy...it usually does not end well.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Signs White Paper That Bars Public Doctors From Owning Private Hospitals / China Reports Outbreak Of H5N1 Bird Flu / 10 Causes Of Mouth Odour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.