Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) (93030 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Arrives Cyprus For A Crusade (Photos) / Prophet Anointed Andrew (SEER 1) Pulled Crowd In Zambian Crusade (Photos) / 'Pastor' Caught Burying Charm In Abia Ahead Of Crusade (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by herald9: 7:56pm On May 19, 2015
nelsonoba:

This is why you need to understand the reason Jesus Christ came to earth to suffer and die. The only reason He did so is to save sinners.

Jesus was INNOCENT & SINLESS, yet God allowed Him to suffer and die in the place of sinners. That is also the same reason why God allows sinners who have committed the most terrible of sins to be forgiven and set free if they choose to repent and ask for forgiveness.

God does not wish for any armed robber, prostitute, killer, fornicator or sinner to go to hell, that is why He made an escape way for ANYONE who believes. that escape is by believing in the payment Jesus made for your sins and accepting Him.

If while Jesus was being crucified, he could look at the armed robber who was also crucified with him on his right side, and say to him "today you will be with me in paradise", then why can't a sinner like Shina Rambo be also forgiven by God?

Spare me this sermon man, i've overhead it and its causing a tumult in my ears... undecided

That dude is claiming repentance cause he knows he has no choice and that's the only way the gullible christian society can accept him back as far their earth-god tells them its right.

I know the church has no power to prosecute him if he's been let out by the law...but allowing him to occupy the topmost post in the church is a big embarrassment to christendom...

I don't care whether your God forgives him or not...I'll settle with the fact that maybe in christianity,justice is not for everyone.

cc bushdoc9919
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by ogbanje1(f): 7:56pm On May 19, 2015
Is that his real name?
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by favourelisha(m): 7:57pm On May 19, 2015
Honestly speaking.
favourelisha:
My message for you nairaland guys,suffer not a witch to live.Because satanic business is still on board,pls don't mind the chameleon viper.The so call saul has not been paul.But a business lugard....
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by akoaki(m): 7:57pm On May 19, 2015
tchidi:
You see, a witch can kill you and later repent and make heaven! undecided embarassed
Imagine all the lives this man has cut short, but our merciful God still forgave him.
God, you de try o! embarassed embarassed

Who has confirmed to us that God forgave him. The bible says that God frowns at the crime of murder. It is the arrogantly wicked religious leaders that made us understand that whenever you ask for forgiveness , it is automatically granted. Where is restitution ?
The reason why a person will commit a heinous crime and come back later as a saint is because the nigerian system is very weak and religion has taken over the common sense of many.

1 Like

Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Mbediogu(m): 8:03pm On May 19, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://enquirermag..com/2015/05/notorious-armed-robbers-turned-pastor.html?m=1

I dont like his name. It is reminiscent of his old person. He should emulate St. Paul change his name. To God be the Glory, Amen.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by miky(m): 8:04pm On May 19, 2015
legal robbery!!! its allowed
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by iamswaggalord: 8:06pm On May 19, 2015
Has he returned all he acquired from armed robbery so he could start afresh as a new man? I don't think so.... #wash
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Omooba77: 8:11pm On May 19, 2015
Idrismusty97:
What's the difference anyway? undecided One is armed the other isn't, in fact i advise more armed robbers to turn to pastors. Pastorprenuership is a very lucrative business, there is an enmass poll of gullible people to tap from.
God bless you sir,God is not a man.Jesus loves you too
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 19, 2015
herald9:

Spare me this sermon man, i've overhead it and its causing a tumult in my ears... undecided

That dude is claiming repentance cause he knows he has no choice and that's the only way the gullible christian society can accept him back as far their earth-god tells them its right.

I know the church has no power to prosecute him if he's been let out by the law...but allowing him to occupy the topmost post in the church is a big embarrassment to christendom...

I don't care whether your God forgives him or not...I'll settle with the fact that maybe in christianity,justice is not for everyone.

cc bushdoc9919

I believe he (Shina Rambo) was arrested and jailed in the Republic of Benin in 1992.(I recall his case vividly...the Press thought he was the new Lawrence Anini.).

As to how he got out of jail....I don't know.

Your issue here is not with God's forgiveness...but with the judicial system in Nigeria and Benin...which is a different matter. And as I do not have the full facts of Shina Rambo's jail history between 1993-date...and why he was freed by the Benenoise authorities...and why Nigeria did not take appropriate action as they did for Anini....I'll leave it at that.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by davien(m): 8:16pm On May 19, 2015
ayoelegs:

Your knowledge of the nature of God and His redemption is definitely shallow...no offence please
I'm not offended....you seem to think you have a more accurate knowledge....so why not tell us what "god" would do....answer the call for retribution or ignore them...
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by xtervaganza(m): 8:26pm On May 19, 2015
Another businessman looking for his next customer
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Brownhypo: 8:27pm On May 19, 2015
God can use anyone
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by unmask: 8:34pm On May 19, 2015
reminds me of one of those definitions in chemistry......robbery can neither be created nor destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by adedayoleke90(m): 8:35pm On May 19, 2015
Is only God who can Jorge anyone............
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by obiak4(m): 8:37pm On May 19, 2015
seemples:

[/b]

Lol @d bolded..
Same thing God did with St. Paul...sooo unjust when reasoned with our brain....

Be that as it may, if St Paul, Shina or any of dem ilks killed my relative, repent or not, he must die o...make dem go heaven dey do that their repentance and forgiveness angry
what happened to forgive and forget?
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by mizzyboy007: 8:40pm On May 19, 2015
lalasticlala:

Rubbish.... he should be arrested. he should be a pastor in prison. what about the souls he has wasted? nonsense.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Geenickel(m): 8:44pm On May 19, 2015
pls is dat black torso in the banner a human?
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Missmossy(f): 8:47pm On May 19, 2015
What a transformation!!!
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Akinife(m): 8:48pm On May 19, 2015
jnrbayano:
My own is, has he been tried for those crimes he committed?

If he did repent let him turn himself over to face charges he violated so that his repentance would be total.
Sure he has...he was sentenced for 11 years but was granted presidential pardon by Obasanjo...he was also commissioned by obasanjo to preach for prisoners to repent.

1 Like

Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by obiak4(m): 8:51pm On May 19, 2015
LIFE AND TIME OF SHINA RAMBO
Shina Rambo (born c. 1963) is a former bandit who terrorised South-West Nigeria in the 1990s. After serving jail-time for his crimes, he was converted by an evangelist and became a Christian evangelical pastor.Shina Rambo now Mathew Oluwanifemi was a name that sent shivers down the spine of people who lived in the South West of Nigeria and even outside Nigeria, like Benin Republic and neighborhood, in the 1990s. He was a hardened criminal, a terror and killer, one whom men of the security agencies will never forget in a haste. A man mountain, towering about 6 ft 5inch, well built, dark skinned and sweltering eyes, he carried out his operations, like a movie, in the broad day light, with sophisticated weapons, and bullet belts and explosives strapped roundabout him. He specialized in robbing exotic cars on highways and banks. Nothing could stop him, not even security operatives, he was totally invincible. He was Shina Rambo!He was born in the year 1958 to a military man who was a bad egg in the service. His father was from Abeokuta in Ogun state, but his mother was a native of Sabongida–Ora in Edo state. His father had over 18 wives, as was the norm for soldiers to impregnate virtually every woman they met where they were posted to.His father used his military influence to rob innocent citizens, and always brought huge amount of money home. This used to entice little Shina. He recalls, “I remembered when I was about 7 years old, my father came home with a lot of money, foreign currencies, with blood on it, and they were using something like a woman’s scarf to wipe it, then I asked him, is this an animal’s blood, or human blood? But he wouldn’t answer me, they were just drinking, smoking, and merry making. ”Shina was already indoctrinated into the underworld by his father at a tender age of 7 without him knowing it, as he would sit in front of his son, to dismantle and assemble all sorts of weapons and then polishing them in preparation for an operation. This went on for so long till one day, little Shina, entered into his father’s room while he had stepped into the toilet, and saw a dismembered gun on the floor. He sat down in front of it, and bit by bit, he had assembled it effortlessly in no time at all. His father came out of the toilet, and saw his son, with a loaded gun in his hands. Shina flashed back and said, “That day my father was so disappointed, that he wanted to kill me, he grabbed the gun from my hand and shot straight at me, but I miraculously escaped out of the room.Then he waited for me to be less alert at night he came to my room with a machete and tried to behead me, but once again, I escaped, but the machete caught my left leg. (rolled up his trouser to show us the large scar, that made everyone sighed in pity). It cut me so deep I thought I was never going to walk again. That day I knew I had graduated, all that was left was to pull the trigger, and I was so eager. Shina Rambo became so notorious in no time, and was hell bent on succeeding in his career as an armed robber, that he went through any length to secure spiritual powers for fortification. To the extent of pounding over 27 live new born babies in the mortar with a pestle, cutting off about 100 human tongues and cooking them to eat, visiting the spiritual river called river of life in Ogoja, Cross Rivers State, living in an Iroko tree for days, and sleéping in the cemetery. He was given a spiritual wife who always followed him for any operation, she dressed like an Alhaja, people thought she was human, but she was a spirit, that was why they never saw her face. He said she was his personal driver, that she could drive from Nigeria to Cotonou, in the speed of light. Hear him. ”I was involved in so many rituals, that I can’t start naming them now, I was so powerful, I went underground, inside trees that looked like a city, a lot of beautiful houses inside the tree, I had my own too, I went into a river called River of life in Ogoja, where a lot of politicians and wealthy men used to come, I had several personalities, I could change my form whenever I wanted to, that’s why the police were busy killing innocent people, and thought they were killing Shina Rambo. The 9 herbalists that gave me that power, I became stronger than them, one day I went to their shrines, and killed all of them, so that they don’t reveal my secrets. I had too many powers; my spiritual wife could drive any car in this world or out of it, no police vehicle, or anyone for that matter, could ever chase and catch me during an operation. She was out of this world, and when she had completed her operation, they took her away from me. I could give anything to get powers, and the elders knew, so they also gave me anything I wanted.I once beheaded hundred men, and gave them the heads fresh, they were so happy with me that they made me invincible. No matter the kind of bullet you shot at me, it was just like pure water on my body. I could give anything to get power, but of all the things I did to get power, the one that still breaks my heart the most, is sléeping with my mother. My father is dead now, but my mother is still alive, and she lives with me she is 85 years old, whenever I set my eyes on her, I just start crying. I can`t bear it. Shina Rambo was a raging terror, he was infallibly dangerous, the police dreaded him, both in Nigeria, and Benin Republic, his place of interest for business. He would go to police stations, in broad daylight and kill every policeman there, drive to check points and open fire on every policeman on duty, he didn’t like the police at all, and was never afraid of them, he operated in broad day light armed to the teeth looking like Johny Rambo, in the popular Sylvester Stalone movie, “First Blood”. He once robbed 40 exotic cars in one day and drove all of them in a convoy, from Lagos to Cotonou, unstopped. He was powerful; he was wealthy, and impenetrable. He was a tin god, apparently belched from the very arroyo hell, we all dreaded him. He had a wife and three children, but he lost all of them in one day during a bloody police raid whilst he was away on operation. His wife was his stabilizing factor his life changed afterwards. He says “my wife was everything to me, I was forbidden by the elders to sléep with any other woman apart from her, I could gather about 50 women around me in a hotel, and they will just be playing with me, we would smoke, drink, and sniff cocaine, I will give them money but I will never sleép with them. I will go back home to my wife and sleép with her. That was why the police never caught me. She knew my job, she knew what I was, I never left them alone at night, I operated in the day time and go back home to my family at night. I had everything, I was very wealthy, I once spent 50 million naira in a day. I did it a lot, there was one day that we were coming from an operation and it seemed as if my powers were going to fail me, the police and the army were almost closing in on us, so we had to drive into a crowd and threw millions of naira in the air, there was commotion, everybody was busy picking naira notes even the police, until we escaped. I was too rich, but anything the devil gives you never lasts, he will collect more from you, it’s only the devil that will give you Fila, (cap) and ask for Iro and Buba. (wrapper and top). I lost everything, all the money, my family; I was so powerful the police couldn’t catch me but I lost it all.I had to surrender myself to the police, and I was arrested and jailed for 11 years. When I was serving my jail term in Agodi prisons, Ibadan, Prophet T.O Obadare came visiting, and having been encouraged several times by the Christian brothers and sisters in the prison to give my life to Christ, he prayed for me and converted me, and changed my name to Oluwanifemi, and it was so miraculous, the next day I woke up and started speaking in tongues. It was during the time of President Olusegun Obasanjo, that we were granted freedom.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by obiak4(m): 8:52pm On May 19, 2015
lalasticlala:

LIFE AND TIME OF SHINA RAMBO

Shina Rambo (born c. 1963) is a former bandit who
terrorised South-West Nigeria in the 1990s. After serving
jail-time for his crimes, he was converted by an
evangelist and became a Christian evangelical
pastor.Shina Rambo now Mathew Oluwanifemi was a
name that sent shivers down the spine of people who
lived in the South West of Nigeria and even outside
Nigeria, like Benin Republic and neighborhood, in the
1990s.
He was a hardened criminal, a terror and killer, one
whom men of the security agencies will never forget in a
haste.
A man mountain, towering about 6 ft 5inch, well built,
dark skinned and sweltering eyes, he carried out his
operations, like a movie, in the broad day light, with
sophisticated weapons, and bullet belts and explosives
strapped roundabout him.
He specialized in robbing exotic cars on highways and
banks. Nothing could stop him, not even security
operatives, he was totally invincible. He was Shina
Rambo!He was born in the year 1958 to a military man
who was a bad egg in the service. His father was from
Abeokuta in Ogun state, but his mother was a native of
Sabongida–Ora in Edo state.
His father had over 18 wives, as was the norm for
soldiers to impregnate virtually every woman they met
where they were posted to.His father used his military
influence to rob innocent citizens, and always brought
huge amount of money home.
This used to entice little Shina. He recalls, “I
remembered when I was about 7 years old, my father
came home with a lot of money, foreign currencies, with
blood on it, and they were using something like a
woman’s scarf to wipe it, then I asked him, is this an
animal’s blood, or human blood? But he wouldn’t
answer me, they were just drinking, smoking, and merry
making.
”Shina was already indoctrinated into the underworld by
his father at a tender age of 7 without him knowing it, as
he would sit in front of his son, to dismantle and
assemble all sorts of weapons and then polishing them
in preparation for an operation. This went on for so long
till one day, little Shina, entered into his father’s room
while he had stepped into the toilet, and saw a
dismembered gun on the floor.
He sat down in front of it, and bit by bit, he had
assembled it effortlessly in no time at all. His father
came out of the toilet, and saw his son, with a loaded
gun in his hands. Shina flashed back and said, “That day
my father was so disappointed, that he wanted to kill
me, he grabbed the gun from my hand and shot straight
at me, but I miraculously escaped out of the room.Then
he waited for me to be less alert at night he came to my
room with a machete and tried to behead me, but once
again, I escaped, but the machete caught my left leg.
(rolled up his trouser to show us the large scar, that
made everyone sighed in pity).
It cut me so deep I thought I was never going to walk
again. That day I knew I had graduated, all that was left
was to pull the trigger, and I was so eager. Shina Rambo
became so notorious in no time, and was hell bent on
succeeding in his career as an armed robber, that he
went through any length to secure spiritual powers for
fortification.
To the extent of pounding over 27 live new born babies
in the mortar with a pestle, cutting off about 100 human
tongues and cooking them to eat, visiting the spiritual
river called river of life in Ogoja, Cross Rivers State,
living in an Iroko tree for days, and sleéping in the
cemetery.
He was given a spiritual wife who always followed him
for any operation, she dressed like an Alhaja, people
thought she was human, but she was a spirit, that was
why they never saw her face.
He said she was his personal driver, that she could drive
from Nigeria to Cotonou, in the speed of light.
Hear him. ”I was involved in so many rituals, that I can’t
start naming them now, I was so powerful, I went
underground, inside trees that looked like a city, a lot of
beautiful houses inside the tree, I had my own too, I
went into a river called River of life in Ogoja, where a lot
of politicians and wealthy men used to come, I had
several personalities, I could change my form whenever I
wanted to, that’s why the police were busy killing
innocent people, and thought they were killing Shina
Rambo.
The 9 herbalists that gave me that power, I became
stronger than them, one day I went to their shrines, and
killed all of them, so that they don’t reveal my secrets. I
had too many powers; my spiritual wife could drive any
car in this world or out of it, no police vehicle, or
anyone for that matter, could ever chase and catch me
during an operation.
She was out of this world, and when she had completed
her operation, they took her away from me. I could give
anything to get powers, and the elders knew, so they
also gave me anything I wanted.I once beheaded
hundred men, and gave them the heads fresh, they were
so happy with me that they made me invincible.
No matter the kind of bullet you shot at me, it was just
like pure water on my body. I could give anything to get
power, but of all the things I did to get power, the one
that still breaks my heart the most, is sléeping with my
mother. My father is dead now, but my mother is still
alive, and she lives with me she is 85 years old,
whenever I set my eyes on her, I just start crying.
I can`t bear it. Shina Rambo was a raging terror, he was
infallibly dangerous, the police dreaded him, both in
Nigeria, and Benin Republic, his place of interest for
business.
He would go to police stations, in broad daylight and
kill every policeman there, drive to check points and
open fire on every policeman on duty, he didn’t like the
police at all, and was never afraid of them, he operated
in broad day light armed to the teeth looking like Johny
Rambo, in the popular Sylvester Stalone movie, “First
Blood”.
He once robbed 40 exotic cars in one day and drove all
of them in a convoy, from Lagos to Cotonou, unstopped.
He was powerful; he was wealthy, and impenetrable. He
was a tin god, apparently belched from the very arroyo
hell, we all dreaded him. He had a wife and three
children, but he lost all of them in one day during a
bloody police raid whilst he was away on operation.
His wife was his stabilizing factor his life changed
afterwards. He says “my wife was everything to me,
I was forbidden by the elders to sléep with any other
woman apart from her, I could gather about 50 women
around me in a hotel, and they will just be playing with
me, we would smoke, drink, and sniff cocaine, I will give
them money but I will never sleép with them. I will go
back home to my wife and sleép with her. That was why
the police never caught me. She knew my job, she knew
what I was, I never left them alone at night, I operated in
the day time and go back home to my family at night.
I had everything, I was very wealthy, I once spent 50
million naira in a day. I did it a lot, there was one day
that we were coming from an operation and it seemed as
if my powers were going to fail me, the police and the
army were almost closing in on us, so we had to drive
into a crowd and threw millions of naira in the air, there
was commotion, everybody was busy picking naira notes
even the police, until we escaped.
I was too rich, but anything the devil gives you never
lasts, he will collect more from you, it’s only the devil
that will give you Fila, (cap) and ask for Iro and Buba.
(wrapper and top). I lost everything, all the money, my
family; I was so powerful the police couldn’t catch me
but I lost it all.I had to surrender myself to the police,
and I was arrested and jailed for 11 years.
When I was serving my jail term in Agodi prisons,
Ibadan, Prophet T.O Obadare came visiting, and having
been encouraged several times by the Christian brothers
and sisters in the prison to give my life to Christ, he
prayed for me and converted me, and changed my name
to Oluwanifemi, and it was so miraculous, the next day I
woke up and started speaking in tongues. It was during
the time of President Olusegun Obasanjo, that we were
granted freedom.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Sholah96(m): 8:54pm On May 19, 2015
jnrbayano:
My own is, has he been tried for those crimes he committed?

If he did repent let him turn himself over to face charges he violated so that his repentance would be total.
Baba, He don serve for kirikiri or wateva from late '90s till 2011 or so
U may ask Pastor Obadare ( CGFR WOSEM)

1 Like

Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by ibknaanii(m): 9:03pm On May 19, 2015
davien:
According to the bible(specifically revelation), those that were killed unjustly cry out to "god" for vengeance, does that mean his won't take place and those lives would get no retribution?

Ultimately this would mean "god" wasn't just as it turned a blind eye to those killed then also decided to render mercy to the killer instead on the account of acknowledging his existence only....

Imagine a human court run in this manner, where your crimes are instantly forgiven if you "honour" the judge,would you find such a system just?

That is Y God is God and nt human, he works in a mysterious way. Once u repent of Ur sins, God doesn't want to know the magnitude of the sin u are 4given. That is Y he is God and his judgment differs. Earthly judge will nt prosecute u for thinking abt stealing but God will equate u that derives pleasure 4m such thought and the person that carries it out. That is Y he said in his word that if u look at a woman with a lustful thought u have committed adultery already, that is Y he is God.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by samsonebenezer: 9:04pm On May 19, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]What of those that u v killed by stray bullet.after u v perished many soul den u rpent god v mercy.sinner wil never go unpunished saith d holy bible
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by herald9: 9:05pm On May 19, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I believe he (Shina Rambo) was arrested and jailed in the Republic of Benin in 1992.(I recall his case vividly...the Press thought he was the new Lawrence Anini.).

As to how he got out of jail....I don't know.

Your issue here is not with God's forgiveness...but with the judicial system in Nigeria and Benin...which is a different matter. And as I do not have the full facts of Shina Rambo's jail history between 1993-date...and why he was freed by the Benenoise authorities...and why Nigeria did not take appropriate action as they did for Anini....I'll leave it at that.
My problem is very much with the church...
We've successfully given a new definition to pastorhood. That position used to be a more revered one, it was bestowed on people who enjoyed a personal relationship with God. But nowadys it has gone to the dogs...

Imagine how many people must have worked dilligently in that church hoping to be raised to such a status someday, only for a notorious robber and murderer to come grab it from nowhere...When did we start celebrating crimes?

It seems our religious leaders aint 'loyal' afterall...we all know a criminal has no goodnews to share with the congretation...

He's just been used as a corpse to attract more flies into their church...
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Intendy: 9:05pm On May 19, 2015
to be candid this is the original Rambo terrorizing us way back then in early 90's in Ogun and Lagos down to J4 along Benin-ore road.fortunate for him to serve his jail term and come back alive.
Forgiveness is from God.
people may not forgive him but if God does what can man do?
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 19, 2015
herald9:

My problem is very much with the church...
We've successfully given a new definition to pastorhood. That position used to be a more revered one, it was bestowed on people who enjoyed a personal relationship with God. But nowadys it has gone to the dogs...

Imagine how many people must have worked dilligently in that church hoping to be raised to such a status someday, only for a notorious robber and murderer to come grab it from nowhere...When did we start celebrating crimes?

It seems our religious leaders aint 'loyal' afterall...we all know a criminal has no goodnews to share with the congretation...

He's just been used as a corpse to attract more flies into their church...

Slight correction there....

If you are in church to be ''promoted''...then you better reconsider your faith.Church is not for title acquisition....it is for one to learn to get closer to God....not to be called Pastor, Deacon, Overseer, Bishop,Rev, and Teacher.

(I am a church worker at my church...by the way....but that is not my main reason for coming there.

Again....a criminal has no good news to share ? What about Paul? And even Peter?

Christians are not good people, they are bad people who admit they are bad and ask God to change them.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by onelife97: 9:14pm On May 19, 2015
Only in Nigeria.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by seemples(f): 9:14pm On May 19, 2015
obiak4:

what happened to forgive and forget?

Same thing that happened to my hypothetical relative.
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 19, 2015
He dropped the gun and picked up the Bible to become a celebrated robber wink

1 Like

Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by Zeddicus001(m): 9:24pm On May 19, 2015
the bastard armed robber that killed and rob innocent people now a born again... it always funny to me,Jesus will shit himself in the day of resurrection cos Adolf Hitler killed more than 6million people and his pastor later said he become born and Jesus have forgive him, some useless fools commit unforgiving crime and they will say they are born again.. what a bullshit... shina Rambo for ur info,God can't forgive you except those people who u committed the crime against forgive you so hell await you... useless religion with useless leaders
Re: Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) by jadelyn007(f): 9:26pm On May 19, 2015
nelsonoba:

Let's pretend you've never read about the story of Apostle Paul in the bible, a man who was so notorious for jailing and killing innocent christians until he had an encounter with Jesus Christ while on his way to Damascus to persecute the christians there.

This same man repented and turned away from his sins and later became the greatest Apostle we know of today. He was used by God to do a lot of great things that even people like Apostles Peter and John who were with Jesus as his disciples didn't even accomplish.

Moral: God does not run a democracy where popular opinions determine what is 'right' or not. God killed His own beloved son Jesus on the cross for just one reason - so that sinners can identify with the punishment/death of Jesus and be saved.

The punishment/payment for Shina Rambo's sins have already been taken by Jesus Christ when he died on the cross for all who will choose to believe in Him, and that is why IT WILL BE A MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE FOR GOD TO REFUSE TO FORGIVE HIM THE DAY HE REPENTED AND ASKED FOR FORGIVENESS.

God is a just God, and He will not demand double payment for an offence. Jesus paid for our sins, and that is the ONLY REASON why we don't have to pay for them again IF WE GENUINELY REPENT AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS.

If a man refuses to accept the payment made on his behalf by Jesus Christ on the cross, then that person has to pay for his own sins by himself......and the ultimate place to pay for your sins is in Hell. The sad thing is that if you choose to pay for your sins by yourself in hell, you can never finish paying for it, that is why Jesus said the fire in hell never goes out and those who go there are damned forever.

The choice is simple; take the easy path by accepting Jesus' payment on your behalf, or pay for your sins by yourself. I know Shina Rambo took the easy path.
God forgave Paul but he paid for his crimes, same with David and all. God forgives but that doesn't cancel out your punishment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Where To Get Spiritual Wealth And Become A Multi - Billionaire. Bahuleya Sampat / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.