Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies (16358 Views)

Boko Haram: Babies Among Suicide Bombers / Tinubu Not More Than State Level APC Leader, Akeredolu Suggests / Boko Haram: 214 Rescued Girls Pregnant – UNFPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by kelechiodo(m): 4:05am On May 19, 2015
The Foundation for African Heritage (FACH), a coalition of non-governmental organisations (NGOs) has kicked against plans to help girls who were raped by boko haram terrorists secure an abortion.

THIS DAY reports that FACH registered its displeasure after the United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) and some foreign NGOs suggested that the rescued girls be sent to the abortion clinics to have their babies aborted or that abortion be legalised in Nigeria.

Speaking on behalf of FACH, Mr. Sonnie Ekwowus said that having experienced unspeakable trauma, dehumanisation and violence in the hands of their Boko Haram captors, it is unreasonable and illogical to subject the girls to a traumatic, violent-wrecking and life-threatening abortion process.

She added that FACH members were offering free maternity homes and rehabilitation homes where the girls could willingly go to safely give birth to their babies and afterwards could give them out for legal adoption if, for any reasons, they do not want to keep them.
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/no-abortion-for-girls-pregnant-with-boko-haram-babies-fahc.111926/
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by adebisiolumide5(m): 4:13am On May 19, 2015
why should they suggest dat that is mass killing na

1 Like

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Chigold101(m): 4:22am On May 19, 2015
Wont they be tried for genocide? What is difference between killing those babies and the bombing boko haram are carrying out?

They should rehabilitate the women or girls, give them proper health care and train their children when they are given birth to by allowing them to be adopted.

1 Like

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Nobody: 4:33am On May 19, 2015
adebisiolumide5:
why should they suggest dat that is mass killing na
Chigold101:
Wont they be tried for genocide? What is difference between killing those babies and the bombing boko haram are carrying out?
They should rehabilitate the women or girls, give them proper health care and train their children when they are given birth to by allowing them to be adopted.

So you guys think such babies are meant to be kept? Don't you know that the boko haram babies will be a reminder of the gruesome experience to the girls who were kidnapped? Do you think they can ever love them?

You guys don't know anything. I go with the UN on that. I think it's better for them to abort the babies and start a new life. If there's anytime to abort a child, it's in a case like that. God forbid, but would you advise your own sister or wife to keep a rape baby or a boko haram baby? Please, the UN has given wise counsel, it's not about taboo or tradition right now... it's about doing what's effective.

Lalasticlala front page pls...

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by coolzeal(m): 4:34am On May 19, 2015
Apparently, these girls are messed up physiologically. They were tortured, molested, raped and got pregnant for the Boko guys. The damage done is irreversible though, abortion may not be an option to most people but they deserve their life back and UN is trying to achieve that goal.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by fromnigeria(m): 4:42am On May 19, 2015
If am told my Daddy is BokoHaram, I will commit suicide.
I mean abortion now is better than suicide tomorrow.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by adebisiolumide5(m): 4:49am On May 19, 2015
nairalandist:

So you guys think such babies are meant to be kept? Don't you know that the boko haram babies will be a reminder of the gruelsome experience to the girls who were kidnapped? Do you think they can ever love them?

You guys don't know anything. I go with the UN on that. I think it's better for them to abort the babies and start a new life. If there's anytime to abort a child, it's in a case like that. God forbid, but would you advise your own sister or wife to keep a rape baby or a boko haram baby? Please, the UN has given wise counsel, it's not about taboo or tradition right now... it's about doing what's effective.

Point Noted... #But it is still mass killing. what if the girls don't survive it

2 Likes

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by danot1030: 4:54am On May 19, 2015
Suggestion fully supported.

6 Likes

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Nobody: 5:04am On May 19, 2015
adebisiolumide5:

Point Noted... #But it is still mass killing. what if the girls don't survive it

If they survived months in boko haram's camp, being raped and abused morning and night with little or no food to eat, then trust me, they can survive that. As long as it's done in strict compliance to medical ethics and handled by qualified doctors, it's fine with me.

22 Likes

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by KingTom(m): 5:07am On May 19, 2015
nairalandist:

So you guys think such babies are meant to be kept? Don't you know that the boko haram babies will be a reminder of the gruelsome experience to the girls who were kidnapped? Do you think they can ever love them?

Why not give the babies away? Abortion is not always the answer to unwanted pregnancy you know. smiley

1 Like

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Pheals(f): 5:12am On May 19, 2015
So that dey won't be like their fathers in future

2 Likes

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Nobody: 5:15am On May 19, 2015
KingTom:
Why not give the babies away? Abortion is not always the answer to unwanted pregnancy you know. smiley

People like you don't imagine how those wearing the shoes feel. Carrying a baby for nine months knowing they are fathered by unknown boko haram terrorists is enough nightmare. It's easy for you and I to start thinking holy but if some of us here, God forbid, pass thru half of what those girls have been thru, we would have cursed God or committed suicide, especially with our level of awareness and sense of freedom.

Those girls dont deserve more torture because of what you and I believe.. They need a fresh start and they need to cut off all that associates them to that wicked past.

32 Likes

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Maxymilliano(m): 5:16am On May 19, 2015
UNFPA can do better than this ...

1 Like

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by M4gunners: 5:18am On May 19, 2015
This is a very sensitive matter,but i think it's better to go with the UN plan.

13 Likes

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by KingTom(m): 5:21am On May 19, 2015
nairalandist:

People like you don't imagine how those wearing the shoes feel. Carrying a baby for nine months knowing they are fathered by unknown boko haram terrorists is enough nightmare. It's easy for you and I to start thinking holy but if some of us here, God forbid, pass thru half of what those girls have been thru, we would have cursed God or committed suicide, especially with our level of awareness and sense of freedom.

Those girls dont deserve more torture because of what you and I believe.. They need a fresh start and they need to cut off all that associates them to that wicked past.
Nairalandist I am a Doctor, even if those girls are not sent to quacks. There may be consequences, how then will they feel if after aborting these babies, they lose their child bearing capacities?

3 Likes

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Nobody: 5:28am On May 19, 2015
KingTom:
Nairalandist I am a Doctor, even if those girls are not sent to quacks. There may be consequences, how then will they feel if after aborting these babies, they lose their child bearing capacities?

What's the percentage of those who lose their child bearing capacity after abortion by a qualified expert, especially for just a one-time operation? Please give us statistics doctor, it's not rocket science. Besides, with the level of pyschological damage done, I'd say they stand to lose more bearing those babies.

Although, I'm really not here to engage in academic arguments, I think it would be best if you had this argument with a shrink (psychologist) and see things from another medical perspective.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by arewafederation: 5:47am On May 19, 2015
Chigold101:

Who would want to adopt an off spring of Boko haram? You?

Put yourself in their shoes and tell me you would carry a baby fathered by boko haram in such gruesome condition. It ain't easy bro.

This is a very difficult decision but I support aborting the babies.

15 Likes

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by KingTom(m): 6:16am On May 19, 2015
nairalandist:

What's the percentage of those who lose their child bearing capacity after abortion by a qualified expert, especially for just a one-time operation? Please give us statistics doctor, it's not rocket science. Besides, with the level of pyschological damage done, I'd say they stand to lose more bearing those babies.

Although, I'm really not here to engage in academic arguments, I think it would be best if you had this argument with a shrink (psychologist) and see things from another medical perspective.
Ah, but you see since they have been raped, the underlying tissues may have been forcefully torn or broken. Since most of them were minors. This makes D & C very dangerous and difficult to perform. Their best bet will be to administer drugs like Mife or misosprotol, but even that in itself is dangerous. I understand your point from a psychological view, at the end of the day it all boils down to the choice of the girls

1 Like

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by MizEmpress(f): 7:24am On May 19, 2015
KingTom:
Ah, but you see since they have been raped, the underlying tissues may have been forcefully torn or broken. Since most of them were minors. This makes D & C very dangerous and difficult to perform. Their best bet will be to administer drugs like Mife or misosprotol, but even that in itself is dangerous. I understand your point from a psychological view, at the end of the day it all boils down to the choice of the girls

Yea, that's exactly how I feel. Each of them should be asked what they want to do with the pregnancy, I'm sure they all won't want the same thing.

6 Likes

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Mzdivacious(f): 8:04am On May 19, 2015
KingTom:
sorry to intrude but who wud want those kidseven if they don't tell anyone.the genes of a violent blood loving person are in d kids.we shd consider that when bringing babies to d world.and the fact she has kids from that circumstance even if given away wud be a constant reminder.Id say abortion n a fresh start after lots of therapy sef depending on their religious inclination
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Mzdivacious(f): 8:08am On May 19, 2015
Chigold101:

difference there s a diff between a live human being and a foetus ud rather not have

1 Like

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by KingTom(m): 8:32am On May 19, 2015
MizEmpress:

Yea, that's exactly how I feel. Each of them should be asked what they want to do with the pregnancy, I'm sure they all won't want the same thing.
Ditto cool
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by KingTom(m): 8:48am On May 19, 2015
Mzdivacious:
sorry to intrude but who wud want those kidseven if they don't tell anyone.the genes of a violent blood loving person are in d kids.we shd consider that when bringing babies to d world.and the fact she has kids from that circumstance even if given away wud be a constant reminder.Id say abortion n a fresh start after lots of therapy sef depending on their religious inclination
Let me be very crude with you. Boko haram boys with their heavy dicks have fuckéd life out of those girls, dem fit don even tear all the muscles for thier toto now as e dey so if dem do abortion dem fit no born pikin again, and aunt to answer your first question e get many barren women wey dey find pikin so yeah people plenty for queue wey go want collect those "genes of violent blood" I hope I've made my point grin
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Mzdivacious(f): 8:55am On May 19, 2015
KingTom:
Let me be very crude with you. Boko haram boys with their heavy dicks have fuckéd life out of those girls, dem fit don even tear all the muscles for thier toto now as e dey so if dem do abortion dem fit no born pikin again, and aunt to answer your first question e get many barren women wey dey find pikin so yeah people plenty for queue wey go want collect those "genes of violent blood" I hope I've made my point grin
eeeewwwwww!yes u very much have #okbye!
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by KingTom(m): 9:04am On May 19, 2015
Mzdivacious:
eeeewwwwww!yes u very much have #okbye!
Why eeeeeeeewwwww? don't you like heavy dicks? grin
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Mzdivacious(f): 9:13am On May 19, 2015
KingTom:
Why eeeeeeeewwwww? don't you like heavy dicks? grin
really?sthu doctor!!!cheesy
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Beremx(f): 9:15am On May 19, 2015
It is left for the girls to decide. If they wanna keep the pregnancy,fine! If they want abortion,fine as well.

3 Likes

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by ki02020(m): 9:19am On May 19, 2015
Yeah good idea avoid the children from tragedy
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by KingTom(m): 9:26am On May 19, 2015
Mzdivacious:
really?sthu doctor!!!cheesy
No, you Tmtft do you like heavy dicks? grin
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:34am On May 19, 2015
1 Timothy. 2:15

Women will be saved through childbearing–if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety

2 Likes

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Mzdivacious(f): 9:42am On May 19, 2015
KingTom:
No, you Tmtft do you like heavy dicks? grin
1.I rili wudnt know...#nuffsaid
2.wats tmtft
3.derailing is really ur hobby
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by KingTom(m): 10:02am On May 19, 2015
Mzdivacious:
1.I rili wudnt know...#nuffsaid
2.wats tmtft
3.derailing is really ur hobby

1 ok

2 Tell me the fuckin truth

3 I think I have offered my opinion on the thread grin

The women should be allowed to make their choice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Carpets Presidency Over Claim That Opposition Sponsoring Killings / Onnoghen: How Osinbajo Confirmed Buhari Not In Charge Of Govt – Fayose / EndSARS Protests: Reactions Trail IGP’s Use Of Arms Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.