Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! (34738 Views)

Gtb To Close All Their Branches At 1pm Due To Fuel Scarcity / Court Orders GTB To Refund Customer’s N5.3bn / Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Edusouls(m): 10:15am On May 19, 2015
Chai thief country,thief bank,thief client,theif money,theify theify everywhere in naija...
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by nwadiuko1(m): 10:15am On May 19, 2015
The bank will appeal

1 Like

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by maxiuc(m): 10:15am On May 19, 2015
Team syke bank we rock nd rule

1 Like

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by folabayo1(f): 10:16am On May 19, 2015
God don catch dem tongue
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by adorablevic: 10:16am On May 19, 2015
Thank God,i have withdrew the little I had tongue

1 Like

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Inception(m): 10:16am On May 19, 2015
angry

1 Like

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Panshow(m): 10:17am On May 19, 2015
5 billion?. What will be their account balance after the withdrawal?.
GTB go soon close shop. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by bogolobango(m): 10:18am On May 19, 2015
Op u dey work for which bank slf bad belle people too many for GTB

GTB FOR LIFE

##TEAM GTB##
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by odeku457(m): 10:18am On May 19, 2015
Yawa don gas
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Positiveminds(m): 10:19am On May 19, 2015
Time to run to GT Bank and withdraw my hard-earned money before story enters. "There is fire on the mountain.......". Abeg complete the song
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by mazeltov(m): 10:20am On May 19, 2015
on my way to gtb bank, make i go withdraw my acceptance fees b4 .:...................?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by pipiro007(m): 10:21am On May 19, 2015
Na wao, make them no try am use my money pay back their debt oh
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Lionhearted: 10:21am On May 19, 2015
elantraceey:
This is definitely going to hit the bank big time .

But they should have a clue of where the money went.

They knew where the money went

Their offense is that they didn't inform the account owner before the withdrawal.

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Nobody: 10:22am On May 19, 2015
Troubled times for GTB! I better go and withdraw the the small change in my accounts before they give my enemy heart attack.
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by ceospecial(m): 10:22am On May 19, 2015
money
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by SeverusSnape(m): 10:25am On May 19, 2015
elantraceey:
This is definitely going to hit the bank big time .

But they should have a clue of where the money went.
Happy birthday miss.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by oweman: 10:26am On May 19, 2015
Koroaso:
******THERE IS MORE TO THIS STORY************

*******5.3BILLION IS OVER 60MILLION DOLLARS*******

1-WHO IS TED EDWARDS
2-WHO IS HE FRONTING FOR
3-WHAT KIND OF HUMAN PARTS. ....SORRY I MEAN SERVICES DID HE RENDER
4-CAN EFCC INVITE MR EDWARDS FOR TEA
5-LATER THEY WILL SAY NIGERIA IS BROKE......WHO ARE THEY FOOLING...TED EDWARDS IS HE NOT A NIGERIAN?

The Edwards fello is a card carying member of the evil PDP so they are hoping to make another kill through the GTB
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by saintneo(m): 10:27am On May 19, 2015
This case is simple. GTB should pay back the money + interests as stipulated in the judgement; then they should take up CBN for the refunds.

GTB as a bank is meant to protect its customers.

Nigeria is growing!

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Nobody: 10:28am On May 19, 2015
That day God sent GTB to dash me N1,000 in my account, I was about to get broke, I will never forget

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by ceaserian(m): 10:29am On May 19, 2015
Meanwhile somewhere in the rainforests Sipping my garri with groundnut
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by elantraceey(f): 10:29am On May 19, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Happy birthday miss.
Thanks a lot dear cheesy

1 Like

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Nobody: 10:30am On May 19, 2015
This is good, these banks need to be taught several lessons.
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Mekzmoney(m): 10:30am On May 19, 2015
I hav 100box in my acct oh.. Maybe I will recharge ma fone wit d moni grin na my moni. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by samdolad(m): 10:32am On May 19, 2015
i see na for customer body gtbank wn take see the money abi..
Becos dem jus deduct 100naira from my acct last nite.. Wthout any backup..
Deir is God ooo..

Remain 14naira for inside the acct nw..
If una like una fit go ahead and deduct that one too..

Thunder wey go fire Gtbank still dy do press up...[/quote]
Oh boy cool down na
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by sorepco(m): 10:35am On May 19, 2015
is the 5 billio a settlement? did you read this news at all? 5 billion was withdrawn from his account and the bank ordered to repay...blabla bla...read it man!!!

lomprico:
Which kain case settlement go reach 5 billion?? I smell fraud.
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Nobody: 10:38am On May 19, 2015
So GTB has started with 419 practices.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by drone99(m): 10:39am On May 19, 2015
kilokeys:
how do i remove my 750 naira from my GTB account now?

Deposit N300 and withdraw N1000 grin

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by chuksmarvin(m): 10:39am On May 19, 2015
Calm down guys and please read properly before commenting.
First Its a company's account and not just an individual's money even though he owns the firm---thats to those saying how does he have the money and all.
Secondly the fine GtB is paying isnt the 5.3 Billion.(that is the man's original money) all they have to do is get it back for him from CBN that made the withdrawal....The real fine is the 21% interest and 10% daily interest.
Third, to those saying the money is too much for GtB to pay...please think again!...They ll pay it without flinching...Read up on their capital base and profits for last year alone....No be small bank biko

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by kilokeys(m): 10:43am On May 19, 2015
drone99:

Deposit N300 and withdraw N1000 grin
God bless ur Soul. maybe 1,255.. to withdraw 2,000..
i ll leave the 5 naira as donation for the 5 billion debt.
i no try? grin

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Acidosis(m): 10:47am On May 19, 2015
GT & fraud.
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by sorepco(m): 10:48am On May 19, 2015
did u read the news? or is it lack of comprehension? whats wrong with guys of today? dont we do readig and comprehesion any more in primary school??

teeowl:
So GTB has started with 419 practices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by 2n2k(m): 10:50am On May 19, 2015
Nothing will hit the bank. The report was muddled up

The Accountant General paid N5.3billion to Edward's account for the benefit of his clients in January 2014. Edward started withdrawing the sum piecemeal based on the credited amount. During the year, the CBN ordered the recall of the entire N5.3 billion earlier credited for some undisclosed reason which Gtb must and complied with.

While Edward was right in suing GTB, CBN and Accountant General, the judge misled itself in excluding the CBN and accountant general as the defendants in the case. Is the judge saying a bank must disburse money that is no longer in its possession? He should know how cbn/bank relationship works. The CBN does not even need to require Gtb to remit the money back to it, cbn will simply debit the Gtb account maintained with it. It is now left for the bank to recover the fund from the customer

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Of These Business Should He Invest In With 600k Budget? / Cooking Gas Price Drops By 30% / "No More ₦500 Meat": Seller Puts Out Bold Notice For Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.