Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,573 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! (34739 Views)

Gtb To Close All Their Branches At 1pm Due To Fuel Scarcity / Court Orders GTB To Refund Customer’s N5.3bn / Branch Manager Sues Ecobank For N1.5 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by stinggy(m): 2:00pm On May 19, 2015
naijainfogalery:
O boy see levels, So someone actually have more than 5 billion in his account wasting of to the extend that they illegally took out 5.3 billion and the fellow didnt die. Like seriously, five point three billion naira

Choi and some broke niggas will come here and start shouting the guy must have stolen money, keep hating and dying in poverty

Poverty he no go better for you. I curse you with every breadth in me, O boy see levels they took someone 5 billion and he didnt even burn down their bank he just took them to court,

I could remember one day that one man almost burnt down Access bank in ikeja for what reason? the bank illegally took 90 naira as SMS charge and 1,000 for ATM and the dude only has about 2,056 naira when they removed the money the dude has less than 1,000 and ATM only gives 1,000 cash, o boy see raking. he swore to burn down their bank that day and threatened to kill every body in the bank.

God please this is the stage i wanna get to and also connect me with people like this not those ones that still wanna finish the few small small money wey i dey gather dey do fine boy grin

grin grin
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by okonja(m): 2:20pm On May 19, 2015
lomprico:
Which kain case settlement go reach 5 billion?? I smell fraud.
I know of a settlement case worth over $1B between the FG and an Individual of this country...so, its not a fraud. If you are wondering why its that much, it's because of the interest rate on it and time since the case happened. cool
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by bengoodcreature: 2:34pm On May 19, 2015
Am not scared, their house cover my money
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by obstead200(m): 3:36pm On May 19, 2015
[b][size=14pt]first and foremost, punch newspapers, just like the sun newspapers are well known for distorting stories and reporting half truths.

having said that, I still find it difficult to believe that nairalanders could be so ignorant and completely lack the capacity to read
This is just a hungry judge colluding with a greedy lawyer to try to extort the bank. e no go work.

GTB, just as the story goes (for those that are wise enough to read between the lines) simply obeyed CBN directive (dont forget that CBN is the supreme regulating agency) and withheld the funds most likely for further investigations. that is the wisest thing any banker with integrity will do. this is why I love GTB.
the stupid and ignorant judge began to fool himself when he struck out so so and so defendant for not being "neccesary parties" just to make his judgement sound logical. please tell me, how can CBN, the key regulatory body solely responsible for umpire of banking business not be a neccesary party in a case like this? especially when they gave a direct order which the bank wisely adhered to.
and for those who are rushing to withdraw thier 10 naira from GTB, I can assure u as a former banker that the said N5bn is still in the books of GTB but just warehoused in a suspense account pending resolution of the issues[/size]
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by sammyrollo: 4:27pm On May 19, 2015
Is dat why dey empty my account?? jxt becuz I wanted to withdraw 1000 naira from there atm machine...d next tin I saw was like 10 alert messages. ..
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by weyreypey: 4:50pm On May 19, 2015
sammyrollo:
Is dat why dey empty my account?? jxt becuz I wanted to withdraw 1000 naira from there atm machine...d next tin I saw was like 10 alert messages. ..
grin
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by PidginYarns: 4:55pm On May 19, 2015
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by PidginYarns: 4:55pm On May 19, 2015
Serious gbege
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Ayjos10(m): 5:02pm On May 19, 2015
ole barawo
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 19, 2015
kay29000:
WHAT!!? 5 Billy? Where TF are they gonna get that? But really, people make this much from court cases? Men! That's some crazy ish! Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.
wia u brain dey ni.lasting long ko lasting short ko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by kay29000(m): 5:24pm On May 19, 2015
duchess25:

wia u brain dey ni.lasting long ko lasting short ko.

See your flat nose like shit and you dey call yourself duchess...duchess ko, duchesster ni.
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by lomprico(m): 6:00pm On May 19, 2015
gajerian:

READ AGAIN
The money was paid into the plaintiff’s law firm’s account with the GTB on January 2, 2014 by the Accountant-General of the Federation, Jonah Otunla.

The money was said to be for the settlement of a judgment got by his clients, Impecca Services Limited and His Royal Highness, Eze Ezekwo, against the Association of Local Government of Nigeria, as cost of consultancy services they rendered to the 774 local governments.
i have, loco.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by lomprico(m): 6:07pm On May 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
Did you even read through, digest before commenting?

The money was paid into the plaintiff’s law firm’s account with the GTB on January 2, 2014 by the Accountant-General of the Federation, Jonah Otunla.

The money was said to be for the settlement of a judgment got by his clients, Impecca Services Limited and His Royal Highness, Eze Ezekwo, against the Association of Local Government of Nigeria, as cost of consultancy services they rendered to the 774 local governments.
i have even shat it out. now ur turn to re-read (that is if u even finished it at first) and digest.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by lomprico(m): 6:13pm On May 19, 2015
sorepco:
is the 5 billio a settlement? did you read this news at all? 5 billion was withdrawn from his account and the bank ordered to repay...blabla bla...read it man!!!

am sure u only read the first line and bla bla bla bla(red) the rest.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by 2odd(m): 6:23pm On May 19, 2015
And who are d so-called clients that a federal government will give more dan the whole allocation of osun state as settlement. Which service d he/she rendered. Cos I know of eighteen local governments that ain't functioning since 2009. I smell fraud
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Fourwinds: 6:28pm On May 19, 2015
jcmaiah:
Wetin the man defend to earn 5billion? did he defend Jesus?
una no go kill someone with laughter for NL
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by orieoda(m): 6:42pm On May 19, 2015
kilokeys:
how do i remove my 750 naira from my GTB account now?

Go to First Bank ATM and use the money to recharge your phone......#lobatan#
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by SmarisAjur(f): 7:59pm On May 19, 2015
naijainfogalery:
O boy see levels, So someone actually have more than 5 billion in his account wasting of to the extend that they illegally took out 5.3 billion and the fellow didnt die. Like seriously, five point three billion naira

Choi and some broke niggas will come here and start shouting the guy must have stolen money, keep hating and dying in poverty

Poverty he no go better for you. I curse you with every breadth in me, O boy see levels they took someone 5 billion and he didnt even burn down their bank he just took them to court,

I could remember one day that one man almost burnt down he threaAccess bank in ikeja for what reason? the bank illegally took 90 naira as SMS charge and 1,000 for ATM and the dude only has about 2,056 naira when they removed the money the dude has less than 1,000 and ATM only gives 1,000 cash, o boy see raking. he swore to burn down their bank that day and threatened to kill every body in the bank.

God please this is the stage i wanna get to and also connect me with people like this not those ones that still wanna finish the few small small money wey i dey gather dey do fine boy grin
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I wan faint as I De laugh. He threatened to kill every body in the bank? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. you made my night jare.
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by fcetbici(m): 9:29pm On May 19, 2015
The bank action was right. Because any money going out from federation account must be paid through CBN which they can order the receiving bank to refund it incase of any suspicions.
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by KayGold001: 9:55pm On May 19, 2015
me sef wan sue gtb, i withdrawn 1k from atm my last penny and he no gree come out, lodged my complain them say they will work on it ... no money until 28 of may...
i cant imagine the situation assuming i was stranded. still giving me stories after filling 2 forms en
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:25pm On May 19, 2015
UnknownT:
Make I quick clear my account before dem from my money pay dis man. grin
I dey tell you!Skye sure pass.
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:29pm On May 19, 2015
adesegun121:
Hmmmm
i see na for customer body gtbank wn take see the money abi..
Becos dem jus deduct 100naira from my acct last nite.. Wthout any backup..
Deir is God ooo..

Remain 14naira for inside the acct nw..
If una like una fit go ahead and deduct that one too..

Thunder wey go fire Gtbank still dy do press up...
I just tire for that bank,from rude staffs,atm issues,to long queues,Man gaz try another bank.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by PapaOyoyo: 11:52pm On May 19, 2015
naijainfogalery:

I could remember one day that one man almost burnt down Access bank in ikeja for what reason? the bank illegally took 90 naira as SMS charge and 1,000 for ATM and the dude only has about 2,056 naira when they removed the money the dude has less than 1,000 and ATM only gives 1,000 cash, o boy see raking. he swore to burn down their bank that day and threatened to kill every body in the bank.

Guy, you got me laughing so hard here,hahahahha. Chai, Nigerians are the funniest people on earth,chai
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by LydayBobo(m): 6:27am On May 20, 2015
belamour:
GBESE RE OOOO
It's not Gbese so to speak...I believed the bank would have acted accordingly through a court order obtained by CBN. Even If you have one naira and someone has a case against you, obtained a court order to debit your account, the bank would oblige though you will be invited to come and defend yourself but most people that have something to hide will not attend. Am waiting for version two of this story that says the man withdrew the case or EFCC invited him for a chat and he sap.
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Origin(f): 8:45am On May 20, 2015
The high court decision seems wrong negating the power of the CBN over banks and current money laundering legislations both nationally and internationally. At most for not notifying customer, GTB could pay damages but even GTB might not be liable where it waives confidentiality if said money was under investigation.

GTB should counter sue jointly all Accountant General, CBN and said customer for trying to implicate it in money laundering fraud and should bring this to international media, taskforces with disclaimers showing they do not wish to be associated with fraud.

On a lighter note:
Nigerians na computer de calculate bank charges and like tax una must pay. Just carry calculator and confirm. Any overcharge go to ur bank and shout.
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Kbraims(m): 10:45pm On May 20, 2015
rooqee120:
I hope so o, I can't fit shout
lolz...
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by themodernman: 8:02am On May 22, 2015
Origin:
The high court decision seems wrong negating the power of the CBN over banks and current money laundering legislations both nationally and internationally. At most for not notifying customer, GTB could pay damages but even GTB might not be liable where it waives confidentiality if said money was under investigation.

GTB should counter sue jointly all Accountant General, CBN and said customer for trying to implicate it in money laundering fraud and should bring this to international media, taskforces with disclaimers showing they do not wish to be associated with fraud.

On a lighter note:
Nigerians na computer de calculate bank charges and like tax una must pay. Just carry calculator and confirm. Any overcharge go to ur bank and shout.

Too much scandals involving GTBank this days...seems like end times for them...wetin be dat my first bank account no sef make I port sharperly b4 them do me strong tin....
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 24, 2015
kay29000:

See your flat nose like shit and you dey call yourself duchess...duchess ko, duchesster ni.
sharrap.see ur tiny tiny thing like unborn baby own.mtchewww.y u dey curse me ni.nah question i ask u buh u no wan answer.
Re: Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 24, 2015
kay29000:

sharrap.see ur tiny tiny thing like unborn baby own.mtchewww.y u dey curse me ni.nah question i ask u buh u no wan answer.y u go dey advertise rubbish fir here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Of These Business Should He Invest In With 600k Budget? / Cooking Gas Price Drops By 30% / "No More ₦500 Meat": Seller Puts Out Bold Notice For Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.