Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,578 members, 7,843,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! (3437 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / How Did U Tell Ur Parents You Were Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by touchmeder: 1:06pm On Feb 12, 2009
vodka:

errrr what more proposal do you want, by the way by now you shd have your engagement ring on. you did intro and engagement and you never asked for proposal? abeg what's the use of doing engagement and introductionif its not for marriage? anyway if its bugging you sha you say you've asked but he's guessing?? i really don't get. maybe you shd ask ina joking manner" you know baby you never ACTUALLY proposed to me?" then he'd be like "really? i thot i did" or something. i mean so what did you guys say that he felt it was time to do engagement and intorductiona nd now marriage:/

to me ders sth special about a man asking u ''will u marry me'' and puting that rock on ur finger. its just special to me. both parties might know they ar working towards it and all but that act is so special. he does nt have to throw a party or crack his brain looking for fantastic ways to go about it(if he does fine but i wont put pressure on him to or b disappointed if he does not) but just doing it, geting on his knees and me saying YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS oh God i cant wait ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by rayor(f): 10:26pm On Feb 12, 2009
thanks again guys, its valentines day in two days. il let you all know if it happens and how it happens, if it doesnt , il tell him! And ill gist you what transpired. but i must enphasize yall that think likke whats all the fuss? your getting married any way, its a woman thing. it wouldnt hurt to ask and yet itll make her world keep spinning. thats like the silent transition from one phase to another .the others are just ceremony! thats maturity, love, responsibility and commitment all muddled up together in one phrase. , please check back on my thread on the 15th to hear the gist o. itll be nice to share it with you guys!
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by patwhizkid(f): 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2009
Rayor, leave grammar 1st abeg, na d wedding date i won know
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by VENUSS(f): 3:06pm On Feb 14, 2009
may be just tell him jokingly " honey u no u Neva really proposed n we r about to be

married, come on be a gentle man an do that romantic- proper thing, lets add more
zest to our life" if he feels reluctant, tell him "am seriousssssssssssss" but if he refuses, let him be.real love does not need all those oyinbo drama.
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by amosexy: 2:08pm On Feb 16, 2009
How can u av bin in a relationship for 7yrs and want a man to formally propose to you,na to dey pray make he no see anoda lepa u suppose de pray o . There is nuffin romantic about that relationship again becos una don see una sef finish, se na kerewa e Neva do abi na wetin,abeg my sister forget proposal;I belivd you should have asked that b4  the intro. You suppose thank God say you no bore am after 7yrs of courtship. You see toto,u dey find hair again.
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by rayor(f): 2:32pm On Feb 19, 2009
ok guys, inearly freaked out when it didnt happen, i was miserable. infact he kept asking why i was so moody and distance. then one blessed night on the 16th i just poured out my mind o. im mean i bared my heart, sure he felt it was all over cos i acted like yeah whatever. lets just marry and whatever happens happens, so today he just turns up in my domot(work place) which is miles and miles from his,looking all so gorgeous and then chit chat with my peps for a while then hes like i want to see you in private. then mr poetic justice emerges and hes talking the most romantic words and meaning every word almost i ntears holding my hand and promising me the stars and then, the ring walks out and hes on his knees. i mean i almost passed out. i was quite impressed and it really felt like it was unexpected. it really meant alot. he goofed a bit cos the tag was still on it. and the kneel was just for 20 seconds, so my true life story wasnt bad after all, yall want dates well its in may. ill fill yo u i nlater. thanks forr all the advice peps but im glad it happened the way i dreamed it to b
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by debosky(m): 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2009
I'm glad you got what you wanted in the end.

I hope you've learned from this - men cannot read minds. Please always tell your husband what you want or what you are thinking and you will have a pleasant married life.
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by vodka(f): 4:22pm On Feb 19, 2009
girl i 'm so happy for you congrats,

i think i can relate to what you min now a lot better cos i got a proposal on the 14th and now i realyl understand what all the emotions are all about. it's something one shd never miss no matter how loong you've been dating.

again congratulations wink kiss smiley
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by homegirl1: 4:37pm On Feb 19, 2009
mai suya you are wrong. in life there is offer and accptance. let guy make his proposal since it not arrangee marriage even arrangee marriage the guy in question will tell the girls family his intention on his first visit. sit your man down and tell him what you want or else there will be problem God forbid for you in the future you never can tell men.
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by riche007(m): 3:54pm On Mar 02, 2009
. . . the money wey him don dey save for honeymoon and stuff, you've forced him to use it to buy ring for you. When u begin soak garri after wedding, no blame am o. Hope you know say enough global economic crisis dey?  grin

Congrats anywayz!
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by amaikama(m): 11:01am On Apr 29, 2009
@poster!!! you see action in motion you are now asking for confirmation angry na wa for una sef angry truelly women are hard to please. must the guy now go down on bended knees to say the word angry haya!!!
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by JustGood(m): 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2009
people can be funny sha.

you want formal proposal when a man is already making plans with you for a wedding? what is the world turning into sef?

Anyway, if proposal is what is important to you in life, then please tell him you wont marry unless he proposes

I dont even remember if I ever proposed to my wife. tongue
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by biina: 5:31pm On Apr 30, 2009
@poster
A marriage proposal is like saying I love you, it is risky to read more to it than there is to it.
The man proposing directly to the bride is an adopted operandi, as traditionally in Nigeria, his intent is made known to the father of the bride.
If it means so much to you, I advise you get the message across via a third party (friend or relative), but personally I don't see the importance.
How does a formal marriage proposal affect the price of fish?
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by zilosxp(m): 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2009
@poster
someone that has planned a wedding that far.what other proposal do you need?anyway you can do it yourself.i mean do the proposal yourself.we are in the 21st century you know undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Ranked The Seventh With Largest Population In The World / Do You Think My Son Is Cute Enough To Be A Baby Model? / (photo) Today Is My Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.