Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,571 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! (3427 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / How Did U Tell Ur Parents You Were Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by rayor(f): 8:20am On Feb 11, 2009
this proposal of a thing means alot to me. my sweetheart and i are getting married in a few month s time, weve done the introductions and preparations is on the way but he never really proposed to me. he just assumed it was time 4 his parents to meet mine and they did and discussed the marriage arrangements and that was it. am i just obsessed or is this a sign of impending disaster. all arrangements have been made for the weding and hes really into all the preparation details. shouldi wait or just go with the flow
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by arramyjay: 8:24am On Feb 11, 2009
If it means so much to you,then wait till he does.
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by eyonigger(m): 8:48am On Feb 11, 2009
wait till he does propose ke? The girl says the wedding is some months to come. Sit ur man down and discuss this with him. Do not let him feel u are going to call it off. JUst tell him u need this wedding to commence on a normal procedure which is him making a proposal and you Saying YES.

We await your actions and feed back.
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by patwhizkid(f): 8:57am On Feb 11, 2009
Don't 4get 2 invite us 2 ur wedding o.
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by Omolola1(f): 9:15am On Feb 11, 2009
yes o, me i won come chop rice grin
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by patwhizkid(f): 9:20am On Feb 11, 2009
@ omolola1
u na rice u wan chop, me i want souvenirs o.
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by bonnez(m): 9:27am On Feb 11, 2009
tell him to propose 2u, simple
i'm saying this because i know we men. 2morow he'll say u threw urself @ him
so let him propose first
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by MaiSuya(m): 10:35am On Feb 11, 2009
@poster, what exactly do you mean by 'formal' proposal? You said you guys have done the intro, so what more do you need? Are you expecting him to put a center page advert on the national dailies?

Oh okay, I get it. You prolly want those romantic scenes that you see in the movies, abi? Hmm, lets see, I think its something like this: The ambiance of a romantic candle light dinner, its remaining sumptuous contents being relished by the couple, beautifully sets the stage for the upcoming event. Prince Charming gets up and then takes measured, deliberate steps towards his prospective bride, drops to one knee, his eyes fixed so lovingly, so tenderly on her, asks, with a voice thick with emotion, replete with passion, that highly anticipated question.

''Honey, will you marry me''

The bride, possibly eyes brimming with joyful tears coos, ''OOOOO yes darling, I will marry yoooooooo (sob!)   kiss kiss

kai! ladies, una funny o.  grin
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by sparta(f): 3:30pm On Feb 11, 2009
so let him propose first

Yes girl, tell him to propose to you and give you an engagement ring, its very important.
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by gentleemmy(m): 6:03pm On Feb 11, 2009
It may just be n oversight. Remind him to do so cos, it is necessary and even when he does that do the normal "initial shakara" women do and all that. Everything will be sweeter after that.

Apply wisdom sha oo!
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by patwhizkid(f): 6:10pm On Feb 11, 2009
All those ones wey una dey talk na grammar, she should invite us 2 d wedding so dat we can eat rice and chicken, datz all. Chikinah!
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 11, 2009
Whats the big deal about a proposal
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by dbisiback: 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2009
Mai Suya:

@poster, what exactly do you mean by 'formal' proposal? You said you guys have done the intro, so what more do you need? Are you expecting him to put a center page advert on the national dailies?

Oh okay, I get it. You prolly want those romantic scenes that you see in the movies, abi? Hmm, lets see, I think its something like this: The ambiance of a romantic candle light dinner, its remaining sumptuous contents being relished by the couple, beautifully sets the stage for the upcoming event. Prince Charming gets up and then takes measured, deliberate steps towards his prospective bride, drops to one knee, his eyes fixed so lovingly, so tenderly on her, asks, with a voice thick with emotion, replete with passion, that highly anticipated question.

''Honey, will you marry me''

The bride, possibly eyes brimming with joyful tears coos, ''OOOOO yes darling, I will marry yoooooooo (sob!) kiss kiss

kai! ladies, una funny o. grin

Cant stop laughing

You are looking for nollywood kinda proposal? You want your man to propose to you after you have printed and probably distributed invitation cards? o ga o
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by debosky(m): 7:05pm On Feb 11, 2009
dbisiback:

Cant stop laughing

You are looking for nollywood kinda proposal? You want your man to propose to you after you have printed and probably distributed invitation cards? o ga o
grin grin

Lady you should've told him he needed to propose to you. If it is that important, TELL HIM!!

Not all men believe in the form of proposal you call 'formal' (I wonder what can be more formal than asking his folks to come meet yours )

I guess the 'romantic' notions described by that suya man are in your head. Tell him and get it over with.
The only sign of trouble ahead is if you don't communicate.

bonnez:

so let him propose first

Story! grin

The parents don agree - there's little chance of him claiming she threw herself. Besides, who says a wedding ring will prevent him from saying so?
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by libertyinc: 7:07pm On Feb 11, 2009
[i][i][i]WELL IF YU WANT HIM TO PROPOSE, JUST DISCUSS WITH HIM AND ALLOW HIM TO MAKE UP HIS MIND ON HOW TO DO IT, I KNOW IT'S IMPORTANT FOR U THAT HE DOES PROPOSE.I MEAN IF HE DOES LOVE U AND HE KNOWS THAT IT  WILL  MAKE U HAPPY WHY NOT? JUST TELL HIM, ALL THE BEST smiley[/i][/i][/i]
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by jamace(m): 7:16pm On Feb 11, 2009
so let him propose first
Which proposal do need again?  Something  is already happening practically and you are asking for theory? They are both overwhelmed with love. This is called telepathic love grin grin.
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by yewaman: 8:18pm On Feb 11, 2009
at what point did u realize that he did nt propose to u after the introduction? lipsrsealed undecided
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by hotstuff06(f): 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2009
Girl sit your man down and tell him. You don't want to start you marriage off with you feeling bad about anything especially when it comes to him. If it is that important to you, then tell him and I am sure he will take care of it. It may jsut be one of those guys that think since you both had talked about amrriage many times, that meant it was kinda like a proposal cos if he didn't want to marry you, he wouldn't have discussed it (that may be the case). Tell him, he loves you that much to marry you, he will make sure it gets off on the right note.

When he proposes, come back and tell us oh, I want to know wink***
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by rayor(f): 11:28pm On Feb 11, 2009
gosh you guyss, thanks for all the response. i feel a bit better. i have told him sha, kind of like , hes asking me what i want for vals and just told him to guess but if his guessi s right ill be the luckiest girl on earth and bla bla, hes still guessing away like crazy(he hates suspence)! and he has guessed right but not quite sure. well weve been 2gether for over 7 yrs and you know girl friends, !? all asking how did he propose and i dont know what to say, i dont need moonlight and stars but if u dont know, that little simple gesture, (try to make it a bit memorable) matters alot. a girl will always carry it around in her heart forever,, tell her grand kids, memories. all said, im a bride to be regardless.
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by tope2000(f): 11:41pm On Feb 11, 2009
rayor:

gosh you guyss, thanks for all the response. i feel a bit better. i have told him sha, kind of like , hes asking me what i want for vals and just told him to guess but if his guessi s right ill be the luckiest girl on earth and bla bla, hes still guessing away like crazy(he hates suspence)! and he has guessed right but not quite sure. well weve been 2gether for over 7 yrs and you know girl friends, !? all asking how did he propose and i dont know what to say, i dont need moonlight and stars but if u dont know, that little simple gesture, (try to make it a bit memorable) matters alot. a girl will always carry it around in her heart forever,, tell her grand kids, memories. all said, im a bride to be regardless.

That is VERY true.
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by patwhizkid(f): 11:49pm On Feb 11, 2009
Don't 4get 2 invite us 2 ur wedding o
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by MaiSuya(m): 12:27am On Feb 12, 2009
rayor:

Is that so? This na expo o. So all naija grooms to be, take note!
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by Treetop20(m): 1:42am On Feb 12, 2009
buy yourself a ring
with the money for the wedding
cheesy cheesy
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by outlaws(m): 2:48am On Feb 12, 2009
cool

Maybe he is waiting for you to propose and you are waiting for him to propose.

A man suppose to ask a woman her hand in marriage and wait for an answer. Some women will answer immediately. Some will take time to answer that like a week, a month, a year, etc. I think my Mom said it took her a year to answer that. I think that a woman should not go ahead with any marriage preparations without the guy asking that question. If he is not man enough to answer that then he is not man enough to get married. He may know what he is doing, tomorrow now he will say he didn't ask you to marry him.
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by funkybaby(f): 9:25am On Feb 12, 2009
outlaws:

cool

Maybe he is waiting for you to propose and you are waiting for him to propose.

A man suppose to ask a woman her hand in marriage and wait for an answer. Some women will answer immediately. Some will take time to answer that like a week, a month, a year, etc. I think my Mom said it took her a year to answer that. I think that a woman should not go ahead with any marriage preparations without the guy asking that question. If he is not man enough to answer that then he is not man enough to get married. He may know what he is doing, tomorrow now he will say he didn't ask you to marry him.

True
It is important that the man proposes formally.
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by sydney82(m): 9:54am On Feb 12, 2009
the poster may be a hermaphrodite
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by drlizzy(f): 10:58am On Feb 12, 2009
Which is actually important? Proposal or Marriage
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by nana(f): 10:59am On Feb 12, 2009
Dude! Stop sulking. If proposal means alot to u,propose to him jare
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by engraro: 11:16am On Feb 12, 2009
see guys, what were they doing the whole lot of 7yrs without proposal in the first place?. The question is that how often do they meet in a year?. I want to ask the lady if the guy is satisfying?. Remember that marriage is to have and to hold forever according to one of Pastor E. A Adeboye's book. To final my discussion,the guy most propose to her if not, the marriage must not hold because the guy have to proove that he is a man all areas.

Thank you forumanias
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by touchmeder: 11:20am On Feb 12, 2009
Is that so? This na expo o. So all naija grooms to be, take note!

yes oh expo for you.it means alot

gosh you guyss, thanks for all the response. i feel a bit better. i have told him sha, kind of like , hes asking me what i want  for vals and just told him to guess but if his guessi s right ill be the luckiest girl on earth and bla bla,  hes still guessing away like crazy(he hates suspence)! and he has guessed right but not quite sure. well weve been 2gether for over 7 yrs and you know girl friends, !? all asking how did he propose and i dont know what to say, i dont need moonlight and stars but if u dont know, that little simple gesture, (try to make it a bit memorable) matters alot. a girl will always carry it around in her heart forever,, tell her grand kids, memories. all said, im a bride to be regardless.

girl i hope he gets it right but IF for any reason he does not, dont feel too bad STILL TELL HIM. u know men somethings that mean alot to us, some dont see it like that esp if he knew he'd always marry you and things just progressed naturally( he probably never saw the need to).
Remember communication in marriage na now e go start oh.lol
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by vodka(f): 12:10pm On Feb 12, 2009
errrr what more proposal do you want, by the way by now you shd have your engagement ring on. you did intro and engagement and you never asked for proposal? abeg what's the use of doing engagement and introductionif its not for marriage? anyway if its bugging you sha you say you've asked but he's guessing?? i really don't get. maybe you shd ask ina joking manner" you know baby you never ACTUALLY proposed to me?" then he'd be like "really? i thot i did" or something. i mean so what did you guys say that he felt it was time to do engagement and intorductiona nd now marriage:/
Re: He Never Proposed Formally But Were Getting Married! by segzicres(m): 12:29pm On Feb 12, 2009
just propose to him then he'll know he should have. then he will try to make it up to you by doing something that you've always wanted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Brothers Baby Mama Drama Is Affecting My Whole Family / Amazing Home Remedies To Cure Jaundice! / Things People Experience After Marriage And Never Want Unmarried To Know?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.