Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth (12794 Views)

"Basket Of Tomatoes Is N25k In Lagos" - Moremi Ojudu, Daughter Of Buhari's Aide / Senators Walk Out Okoi-Obono Obla, Buhari’s Aide / Stop Trekking, Pray Instead - Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by sultan457: 7:07am On May 19, 2015
Mohammed Shehu, an aide to President-elect Muhammadu Buhari, has advised youths to pray instead of trekking for the incoming leader’s administration.

Mr. Shehu gave this advice during interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), in Abuja on Monday.

According to him, the incoming administration acknowledges the excitement of youths over Mr. Buhari’s election but would prefer that they channel their energies towards praying than embarking on, sometimes dangerous, journeys.

“It’s kind of overwhelming. Last week, I told youths to stay where they are, stop trekking, and pray for the incoming administration instead.

“We have a lot of challenges; light, unemployment, insecurity, and so on.

“So it is more profitable for them to stay where they are and pray instead of taking the dangerous risk of walking all the way to Abuja,’’ Mr. Shehu said.
On the allegation that the trekkers were ignored, Mr. Shehu said: “that is not true. Even outsiders have been bringing gifts and food for them out of goodwill.

“It is untrue that they have been ignored or starved and this is not the first batch but you know the problem with this kind of situation is that when others hear, they keep coming.”

Several young Nigerians have in the past weeks announced solidarity trekking from distant towns and cities to Abuja.

The only female among the group of 22, Lauratu Musa, said she took off from Kaduna eight days ago with her 15 year-old son, Adamu Abdullahi.
“I collected 28 goodwill letters from the various villages I lodged in on my way. This is my son, he was bitten on the way by plenty mosquitoes but we thank God we are here,’’ she said.

NAN reports that the trekkers, 22 in all, cut across various ages ranging from 20 to 63, and came from different parts of the country including Katsina, Kano, Adamawa, Yobe, Anambra and Kaduna States. (NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/183242-stop-trekking-pray-instead-buharis-aide-tells-youth.html
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by kilokeys(m): 7:11am On May 19, 2015
haaaa..

i see some fanatics doing PRAYER WALKS..

trekking and skaboshing..
who would be the first.. ? grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by fashoo2010(m): 7:11am On May 19, 2015
The trekking things is becoming irritating and annoying..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Nobody: 7:11am On May 19, 2015
250,000 is the pay ooo grin

2 Likes

Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by beycity(m): 7:12am On May 19, 2015
Abeg tell dem oh.... Who their treking don help?

1 Like

Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by kelvyn7: 7:25am On May 19, 2015
d tin sef tire me

but no be Una congratulate and reward d first guy

dats what u guys shd have told d first trekker and it wudnt have continued but u guys gave him a pat on the back for some senseless trekking grin

now everybody wanna trekk grin

some don dey go Saudi Arabia ooo, Una beta go tie dem before dem go loss 4 GMB head grin

24 Likes

Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by naijainfogalery: 9:53am On May 19, 2015
Jobless youths be trekking for crazy reasons , some of them claim they are not jobless that they are doing it for the good reason

But come to think of it
- If you have a good job you wont resign to trek
- If you have a good business you wont stop work to trek

You see wetin poverty dey cause ? Even some underpriviledge men wanna trek to Mecca, Oh my God , I love Saudi they dont even give a shit about illegal immigrant, they shoot them at sight on their border, before all this muslims come here and start criticizing me it was on CNN ooo

3 Likes

Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by MakCoby(m): 9:54am On May 19, 2015
GBAM! Couldn't have been said any better
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Helkayklassic(m): 9:54am On May 19, 2015
Trekking business about to spoil.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Bonapart(m): 9:54am On May 19, 2015
When abokis go get sense? Definitely not today...
Tell me how trekking gonna help Buhari to fulfil his unending promises

2 Likes

Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by ekika(m): 9:54am On May 19, 2015
keep trekking, as for me and working LOL
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by niceguy7(m): 9:54am On May 19, 2015
That's a candid advice.
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by dotna(m): 9:54am On May 19, 2015
let them hear oh
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by VickyRotex(f): 9:54am On May 19, 2015
Not yet o. Until the ones going to Mecca begin their journey and get there

That's like 3 months from now undecided
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by efilefun(m): 9:54am On May 19, 2015
Definitely they are jobless cuz i cant imagine someone leaving his place of work to trek for almost a month... that's trash. Instead of getting themselves together and think of a way to move forward in life, they trekking up and down like lost souls
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by justi4jesu(f): 9:55am On May 19, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy Trekkers will be so disappionted now. grin
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Nobody: 9:55am On May 19, 2015
I see these trekkers as jobless fools and irresponsible.!
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by kay29000(m): 9:55am On May 19, 2015
Hmm! Meanwhile, I still plan on trekking to Abeokuta from Lagos on the 30th of this month. Anyway,if you have problem lastinglong in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by adexsimply(m): 9:55am On May 19, 2015
Na follow-follow plus joblessness dey worry some people angry angry
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Mekybliss(f): 9:56am On May 19, 2015
They might be trekking to hell . Who knows
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by 9jatatafo(m): 9:56am On May 19, 2015
Point of correction, Mr Mohammed Shehu, the youths trekking are NOT excited about Sai Buhari's victory but jobless. Tell SB (Sai Buhari) to create jobs end of story.

1 Like

Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Nobody: 9:56am On May 19, 2015
let them continue, shallow minded northerners.

fake one Nigeria

God bless Niger Delta
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by muh4lyf(m): 9:56am On May 19, 2015
I wonder ooooo,useless youths... Treaking up and down instead of praying and working harder.. Mtchew
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Guyman02: 9:57am On May 19, 2015
Trekking because most of them are jobless and think that they media attention will get APC sympathizers to present them gifts of cars, money and house like the first guy who trekked from Lagos to Abuja.
I was unhappy about the woman with 5 months old baby trekking from Minna to Abuja with her baby strapped on her back under the harsh weather to support GMB while risking the life of the innocent baby.

Yesterday another group said they want to trek to Mecca Saudi Arabia in support of GMB while it is expected that another reverse group will embark on a trek to Jerusalem or Rome in honour of GEJ for conceding defeat.
This is madness and copycat mentality which should stop and NL MODs should be held accountable for promoting this act.

Like Omotola said 'it is a shame that jobless youths are trekking for politicians who put them in the precarious situation most have found themselves''

Perhaps I may start praying that boil and blisters should afflict the legs of anyone who wants to embark on another senseless trek after this call from GMB Aide.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Nobody: 9:57am On May 19, 2015
I personally find all these trekkings annoying! angry

Why don't they trek to Somalia or Liberia? Why Mecca? cheesy
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by intergral(m): 9:57am On May 19, 2015
Better
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by chillybrandy(f): 9:57am On May 19, 2015
On point. It's high time all this madness stopped already.
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by boman2014: 9:58am On May 19, 2015
let them trekk to USA . itz their cup of garri, Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by iykepromotions: 9:58am On May 19, 2015
whenever i see trekking thread on nairaland fp i hardly open it. i wonder what's going wrong with some of our youths nowadays.
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Nobody: 9:58am On May 19, 2015
Word! Nigerians. And our way. Of overdoing things.
Re: Stop Trekking, Pray Instead – Buhari’s Aide Tells Youth by Nobody: 9:58am On May 19, 2015
Just give them jobs

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 91st Birthday Today / ‘No Northern Candidate Can Defeat President Buhari’ - APC Claims / Enough Is Enough, ACF Tells Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.