Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,467 members, 7,850,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:05 AM

PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu (1090 Views)

MASSOB To Buhari: End Fulani Herdsmen Attacks On S-east In 30days Or… / S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard / PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu by Haykay80(m): 9:03am On May 19, 2015
Former Governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor Kalu, says it is unfair to accuse the Igbo of voting en masse for the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), stressing that PDP massively rigged the election in the region.
Orji Kalu

Orji Kalu

Kalu, made the statement said this during an interview session on a Channels TV programme, tagged, “View from the Top,” yesterday..

According to the former governor said who failed to secure the Abia-North senatorial seat, on the platform of the Progressives Peoples Alliance, believed that he did not lose in the election but was rigged out by the PDP.

He said, “The issue is that what happened in my constituency was a rigged election. Apart from Enugu and Ebonyi states, where the PDP had very good outings, every other state they won in the South-East was rigged.

Kalu said the people of Abia State voted against the PDP because of their feelings towards Governor Theodore Orji and the overbearing nature of the President’s wife, Patience Jonathan.

“So, the Igbo did not make any mistakes, I feel bad when I see people blaming the Igbo. In the presidential election, the result brought out from Abia where I was, did not reflect the voting pattern of the people.

“In Aba, I can tell you and I will tell Jonathan, that he did not win election in Aba. The APC won the election there but when I saw the result, it was a different thing because the people were angry because of the attitude of T. A Orji and the occasional interference of the wife of the President. People were angry.”

Kalu said it would be unfair to criticise a geopolitical zone for voting en masse for a party, adding that in 1999, the South-West voted massively for the then Alliance for Democracy even though Olusegun Obasanjo of the PDP is from the zone.

The former governor said the PDP lost the general election because of its greed and superiority complex.

He said he and a former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, had planned to form a merger around 2007 but his political associates in the South-East thwarted the plans.

He said he was not surprised that Tinubu went on to form Nigeria’s biggest opposition party which finally defeated the PDP.

He said, “The PDP was bound to lose the elections because many people were very greedy. There was impunity; people in the party felt they were mini gods. And when you feel that God Almighty is no longer God and that you are the new God, you are bound to fail and that was what happened.

“The PDP felt that they could afford anything money could buy. My brothers, the Igbo didn’t understand the local politics. What you see in the country today was planned by Bola Tinubu and me.

“He is alive, you can ask him. He planned to go with the Action Congress and I planned to go with the PPA. We said at the same time, we could come back to the stage but the two governors we had from the South-East were not as forthright as Governor Babatunde Fashola. Fashola was the only AC governor at the time.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/pdp-rigged-s-east-election-massively-kalu/#sthash.wOBOM5TI.dpuf

Re: PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu by bash4us(m): 9:15am On May 19, 2015
So on point....
Re: PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu by Nobody: 9:19am On May 19, 2015
Why are you telling us now
Re: PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu by Beremx(f): 9:24am On May 19, 2015
I believe you sir.
We Igbos are our own enemies. This tells you how Biafra will survive.
Re: PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu by ishiamu(m): 9:27am On May 19, 2015
Beremx:
I believe you sir.

We Igbos are our own enemies. This tells you how Biafra will survive.

What has biafra got to do with this Won't you face the topic and understand his point...

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu by mcquin(m): 9:43am On May 19, 2015
In the next few minutes, some flat. Hea*s will be here to say Kalu was raped by a Fulani cow.

1 Like

Re: PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu by 9jalyte: 10:03am On May 19, 2015
Yea, what else will u expect from a political outcast, totally rejected by his people. I blame those who gave him microphone to talk.

Orjiuzo is a typical example of what a politician should not be. I watched him bragging how he offered good governance to Abians, imagine that guy. Every month, over 1 billion naira is deducted from abia allocation to service Orjiuzor's debt, yet there is nothing to point at as what he did with the money. Yet, many will concur with him because the get their orgasm when they hear Igbos messed up or rigged election. I don't know why this election issue is revolving more around the Igbos than those that are more directly concerned. People should leave them alone, I even wish my own people can present a common front like the Igbos did.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu by Rose2014: 10:08am On May 19, 2015
Haykay80:

According to the former governor said who failed to secure the Abia-North senatorial seat, on the platform of the Progressives Peoples Alliance, believed that he did not lose in the election but was rigged out by the PDP.

He said, “The issue is that what happened in my constituency was a rigged election. Apart from Enugu and Ebonyi states, where the PDP had very good outings, every other state they won in the South-East was rigged.

So, the Igbo did not make any mistakes, I feel bad when I see people blaming the Igbo. In the presidential election, the result brought out from Abia where I was, did not reflect the voting pattern of the people.
@d bolded
Can someone pls remind this guy that Igbos need no sympathy for voting for GEJ.
If the election is repeated today, we'll still chose Jonathan 100 times over Buhari. No apologies

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu by Rose2014: 10:11am On May 19, 2015
9jalyte:
Yea, what else will u expect from a political outcast, totally rejected by his people. I blame those who gave him microphone to talk.

Orjiuzo is a typical example of what a politician should not be. I watched him bragging how he offered good governance to Abians, imagine that guy. Every month, over 1 billion naira is deducted from abia allocation to service Orjiuzor's debt, yet there is nothing to point at as what he did with the money. Yet, many will concur with him because the get their orgasm when they hear Igbos messed up or rigged election. I don't know why this election issue is revolving more around the Igbos than those that are more directly concerned. People should leave them alone, I even wish my own people can present a common front like the Igbos did.

Don't mind the Kalu guy; cries of a lose
And APC did not rig the north? Nonsense

@d bolded Imagine all that and he wants to voted back smh.
Anyway they know Nigerians have short memory so once someone else is in power, the ex becomes a saint embarassed

1 Like

Re: PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu by disumusa: 11:10am On May 19, 2015
That is the kalu who said his an origen/native of lagos, mr osu.
Re: PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu by tucky200(m): 11:13am On May 19, 2015
No wonder buhari cud not get upto 5% in almost all ss/se state....at least jona won some northern state
Re: PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu by disumusa: 11:24am On May 19, 2015
Kalu wan lie, pdp riged in lagos seriously, but with the intrest of yoruba in apc makes them to win and prevail, igbo decided not to vote apc base on hatered for buhari and tinubu.
Re: PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu by disumusa: 11:44am On May 19, 2015
Rose2014:

@d bolded
If the election is repeated today, we'll still chose Jonathan 100 times over Buhari. No apologies

infact ibo need empathy if not, why are your elders rushing to katsina,fct to liedown and beg buhari, with that their dirty red cap and their canibalisim mouth.
Re: PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu by Nobody: 11:50am On May 19, 2015
More soundbite
Re: PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu by 9jii(m): 12:08pm On May 19, 2015
Rose2014:

@d bolded

And you will fail over 100 times.
Re: PDP Rigged S-east Election Massively – Kalu by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:19pm On May 19, 2015
bash4us:
So on point....

Idiot, you turned a blind eye to the underaged, illegal voters and the Nigeriens in the North. How convenient!

(1) (Reply)

China Illegally Fishing Off W Africa - Greenpeace / The State Of Osun Needs Our Prayers / Photo Of Former President Goodluck Counting His Gain.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.