Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him (2984 Views)

Chukwuemeka Chike John Okafor Celebrates 10th Birthday At The National Assembly / Hon. Chike John Okafor In The Kitchen (Photo) / I’m Afraid Saraki May Impeach Me – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by businessline: 2:19pm On May 19, 2015
Take Nollywood to the next level that we keep hearing from people? And what is the next level for Nollywood?

Before the level will come, there is need for little analysis on the foundation laid before by the Actors Guild of Nigeria. I see the
See excerpt from Mr Ibu’s recent interview with The Entertainer

Read More Here>>>
http://nigeriacamera.net/john-okafor-mr-ibu-im-afraid-of-buhari-nollywood-has-no-future-under-him/

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 19, 2015
Ibu better respect yourself oo

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

12 Likes

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by midolian(m): 2:22pm On May 19, 2015
What do you expect of a clown? Mayb he was only joking(as usual) undecided

10 Likes

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by SeverusSnape(m): 2:22pm On May 19, 2015
Buhari may even ban Nollywood for "too much indecency and not adhering to Sharia laws". undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by SeverusSnape(m): 2:23pm On May 19, 2015
midolian:
What do you expect of a clown?
He's not a clown in real life. undecided
Is Arnold Schwarzenegger a Robot

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 19, 2015
businessline:
Take Nollywood to the next level that we keep hearing from people? And what is the next level for Nollywood?

Before the level will come, there is need for little analysis on the foundation laid before by the Actors Guild of Nigeria. I see the

Read More Here>>>
http://nigeriacamera.net/john-okafor-mr-ibu-im-afraid-of-buhari-nollywood-has-no-future-under-him/
so many people banked on gej and failed,their aftermath is the wailing ,crying and ranting they keep doing on social medias.when he was comparing buhari with God knows what on twitter and Facebook then,, he never expected that buhari could win...God use my case to shame all my enemies....

2 Likes

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by modath(f): 2:25pm On May 19, 2015
John Okafor's primary concern should be an effective and ENFORCED legislation that will if not totally eradicate, will reduce piracy to the barest minimum so he and members of his guild will be able to make money from their movie projects.

Rather they spent their time dancing in public for "pottage"....

Its mama piss & bro J that watch the mostly "mediocre" movies that industry churns out at an almost daily basis..

Baba doesn't have that kind of inclination, he will rather spend the time to ensure he creates an enabling environment for EVERY industry to thrive so there will be no need for you guys to engage in demeaning jamborees.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by PassingShot(m): 2:27pm On May 19, 2015
Ibu is suffering from Buhariphobia!

2 Likes

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by midolian(m): 2:28pm On May 19, 2015
SeverusSnape:

He's not a clown in real life. undecided
He is..I confirmed it after Muna died..you need to watch Mr ibu speak when he vowed to cater for Late Muna ibekwe's son.

SeverusSnape:
Mtcheewwwww....Lies, Show me the video.
Have a nice time watching..
http://m.vuclip.com/w?cid=981685758&nvt=8&bu=6900939925&z=1102&frm=s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho3pYo1qyWM

2 Likes

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by SeverusSnape(m): 2:30pm On May 19, 2015
midolian:
He is..I confirmed it after Muna died..you need to watch Mr ibu speak when he vowed to cater for Late Muna ibekwe's son.
Mtcheewwwww....Lies, Show me the video.
Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by SeverusSnape(m): 2:31pm On May 19, 2015
PassingShot:
Ibu is suffering from Buhariphobia!
And you're suffering from Buhariasis.(terminal mental disorder)
Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by masseratti: 2:32pm On May 19, 2015
Mr Ibu are you aware of Tinapa?Nigerian film industry aka Nollywood or kannywood developed and will continue to develop by private individuals, rather than seek a Government handout or wait for a government to build a film village,if Nigerians can own big estate in Lagos or Abuja they can build a film village and make money from it,its high time we leave Government alone to govern and seek handout from it,right now the Government is broke, Hollywood or Bolly wood was not built by their respective government but private individuals,we can be any different.

3 Likes

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by CSTR2: 2:32pm On May 19, 2015
He has a point though.
Buhari rigidity may be bad for business.
And for an industry that is the biggest of its kind in africa and a major source of employment and GDP, that is serious cause for concern.
I hope buhari proves nollywood wrong.
Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by temitemi1(m): 2:40pm On May 19, 2015
#babaonechance grin grin
Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by sammieblaize: 2:47pm On May 19, 2015
masseratti:
Mr Ibu are you aware of Tinapa?Nigerian film industry aka Nollywood or kannywood developed and will continue to develop by private individuals, rather than seek a Government handout or wait for a government to build a film village,if Nigerians can own big estate in Lagos or Abuja they can build a film village and make money from it,its high time we leave Government alone to govern and seek handout from it,right now the Government is broke, Hollywood or Billy wood was not built by their respective government but private individuals,we can be any different.
this is the most sensible thing I've read today.. well done

2 Likes

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by masseratti: 3:08pm On May 19, 2015
modath:
John Okafor's primary concern should be an effective and ENFORCED legislation that will if not totally eradicate, will reduce piracy to the barest minimum so he and members of his guild will be able to make money from their movie projects.

Rather they spent their time dancing in public for "pottage"....

Its mama piss & bro J that watches the mostly "mediocre" movies that industry of your churn out of an an almost daily basis..

Baba doesn't have that kind of inclination, he will rather spend the time to ensure he creates an enabling environment for EVERY industry to thrive so there will be no need for you guys to engage in demeaning jamborees.
Thank you jare,the smart ones among them are already doing the needful, taking their movies to the cinemas,if it's not good people won't troop in to see it,although they have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 19, 2015
Ok, see his face like ibu (load), anyway, some of us have stopped watching Nollywood especially those that went to Abuja to greet someone the last time.

Their careers would pay dearly for the wrong alignment. Instead of staying with the over 52% that chose Buhari, they pitched their tent with the clueless one.

Nonsense decision, nonsense... shocked

2 Likes

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by wolex3030: 3:41pm On May 19, 2015
How is dat my business.Wat value did Nollywood add to Nigeria economy.Is there where mr IBU expect the President elect to focus his attention or on the poor masses suffering in this country.Nollywood shouldn't expect Buhari to be as wasteful as Jonathan.Upon all the millions given to dem by Jonathan,did anything change in their movie production?.

2 Likes

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by Goddex: 3:42pm On May 19, 2015
Baba Brainless is Naija's
costliest mistake
Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by omenka(m): 3:47pm On May 19, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Buhari may even ban Nollywood for "too much indecency and not adhering to Sharia laws". undecided
Yeah, the same way he adhered to Sharia law by shaking hands with woman.

Can you see how foolish some of you guys sound??

You people's attempt at tagging him a religious extremist keep falling flat at every turn as events time and again keep proving otherwise.

@post: the only set of people that are afraid of Buhari are those who are very lazy and dread working hard and genuinely making a living for themselves.

The era of freemeals hopefully will be gone. If you must get a nickel, you have to earn it. That is how great nations were built.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by amakaobiemeka: 3:47pm On May 19, 2015
Dont mind this clown, he meant to say the freebie allawe that comes with going to aso rock half naked(omoni,sheyi shay) just to give a president an Di$ck stand wont be there again for himself, patience ozokwo, onyeka owenu to share and fight over

2 Likes

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by SeverusSnape(m): 3:51pm On May 19, 2015
omenka:
Yeah, the same way he adhered to Sharia law by shaking hands with woman.

Can you see how foolish some of you guys sound??

You people's attempt at tagging him a religious extremist keep falling flat at every turn as events time and again keep proving otherwise.

@post: the only set of people that are afraid of Buhari are those who are very lazy and dread working hard and genuinely making a living for themselves.

The era of freemeals hopefully will be gone. If you must get a nickel, you have to earn it. That is how great nations were built.
Hmmm....

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by RockMaxi: 4:14pm On May 19, 2015

@OP, why not paste the whole story here?
From Mr Ibu's fear, you will deduct that he is not ready to add value beyond making money and business as usual. Buhari has nothing against a value adding industry and that is the noise we have been making about nollywood. Create value and be more concerned about government legislation against piracy.
But instead you are concerned about which politician will give the highest money to the industry.

I'm not hating at Mr. Ibu but I really don't know the last time I watched his movie. I have better things to do with my time. angry

2 Likes

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by ishiamu(m): 4:15pm On May 19, 2015
It's looking bleek on the generals side for nollywood
Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by hahn(m): 4:43pm On May 19, 2015
Mr Ibu is a legend. He has managed to pioneer mediocrity, stupidity and imbecilish actions into nollywood comedy.

In saner climes, such meaningless movies won't go beyond the writing pad. I guess he is scared that Nigerians will start to see his movies for what they really are. An insult to the imagination

1 Like

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by superstar1(m): 5:08pm On May 19, 2015
Ibu is afraid of NO MORE FREE MONEY.

Mr Ibu, Buhari is not a maga and an ATM like GEJ.

1 Like

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by tucky200(m): 5:10pm On May 19, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Lol

Tanoid oshi

1 Like

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by otokx(m): 5:54pm On May 19, 2015
He can go on exile to Accra.

1 Like

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by publicenemy(m): 6:34pm On May 19, 2015
businessline:
Read More Here>>>

Ofcourse he should be scared,because now we have a president who is a president. Business minded president who knows there are more important issues to deal with than dish out over N200 billion to some. Already rich actors. Nollywood make films and make money...let them fund themselves and as for tighter legislations against pirates...no problem.
Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by chumakk: 6:55pm On May 19, 2015
He wanted to say that under Buhari they will not get free money again

1 Like

Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by citizenY(m): 8:00pm On May 19, 2015
hahn:
Mr Ibu is a legend. He has managed to pioneer mediocrity, stupidity and imbecilish actions into nollywood comedy.

In saner climes, such meaningless movies won't go beyond the writing pad. I guess he is scared that Nigerians will start to see his movies for what they really are. An insult to the imagination

Kai , haba mallam..... this acid and wire brush scraping na wah.... you make me look one kind for ever watching his flicks, WAYO Allah.
Re: John Okafor Mr Ibu: I’m Afraid Of Buhari, Nollywood Has No Future Under Him by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:46pm On May 19, 2015
Everything Boo.hari go do Hian

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Chatroom / Let The Truth Be Told Buhari Is Still The Best,contest These / Again Kano governor Empowers Youths With Wheelbarrows & Bags Of Oranges (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.