Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,146 members, 7,829,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Speaker Position Should Be Open To All Reps- Onyeweife HOR Elect Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker Position Should Be Open To All Reps- Onyeweife HOR Elect Says (516 Views)

Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu / ‘pdp’s Sins Will Soon Start Coming Out,’ President-elect Says / Muhammadu Buhari ‘PDP Has Raped Our Economy,’ President-elect Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaker Position Should Be Open To All Reps- Onyeweife HOR Elect Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:54pm On May 19, 2015
By ENYIM ENYIM, Onitsha
A House of Representatives member-elect representing Ayamelum/Oyi federal Constituency in Anambra state, Mr. Gabriel Onyeweife Tuesday, declared that both old and new members had the legal right to contest for the post of speaker of the lower chamber.
Onyeweife who recently attended the induction course organized for National Assembly members-elect held in Abuja said there was no known law that stipulates that only old members of the House of Representatives were eligible to contest for the plum position.
“Once the president-elect, General Muhammadu Bhuhari proclaims the inauguration of the House of Representatives, the clerk conducts the election of the speaker as the presiding officer in line with order 2 Rule 4”.
He explained that, “order 2 Rule 4 states that no issue of privilege or right should be accorded any member until after the election”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/speaker-position-should-be-open-to-all-reps-onyeweife/
Re: Speaker Position Should Be Open To All Reps- Onyeweife HOR Elect Says by Mynd44: 3:58pm On May 19, 2015
Because the new members have to learn the ropes. Seeing the chamber from outside is different from being in there and knowing how it runs.
Re: Speaker Position Should Be Open To All Reps- Onyeweife HOR Elect Says by temitemi1(m): 4:00pm On May 19, 2015
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
Re: Speaker Position Should Be Open To All Reps- Onyeweife HOR Elect Says by santori: 4:34pm On May 19, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

wetin dey worry you, na when you go stop this madness angry
Re: Speaker Position Should Be Open To All Reps- Onyeweife HOR Elect Says by tobtap: 4:46pm On May 19, 2015
grin grin grin...yes any member shud be allowed excerpt dos from .... tongue

(1) (Reply)

Court Nullifies Benue Rep-elect’s Election, Orders Police To Prosecute Him. / Otti Gets Permission To Inspect Election Materials / Help Ignore This Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.