Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge (72508 Views)

See The Animal I Just Killed Now At The Back Of My House / Animal We Killed During Night Hunting / I Just Killed An Innocent Creature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by LEXYCOM: 9:32pm On May 19, 2015
Pls sell for me, I need it to make ritual in our meeting by 12 noon

1 Like

Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by hijacke(m): 9:34pm On May 19, 2015
@ perfertnerd
Resend your mail here - e.udeze@yahoo.com ,
I dont use dat acct anymore
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 19, 2015
Chai!

Must Nigerian kill and eat everything that moves? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by Ilaje44(m): 9:39pm On May 19, 2015
hijacke:
Dont even know the name but i heard it is a delicasy in some parts of the country

Cc lalasticlala
Don't let Urhobo people see you with that thing, else you will pay for the burial rite. According to legend it helped their ancestors, it's under protection in Urhoboland.

Awonrinwon abi alegba in Yoruba Eko

Agheghere abi alepa in Ilaje

Comodo dragon in English

It's neither a crocodile nor an alligator.

The meat is whitish and similar to snake meat.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by Abbeycoker: 9:47pm On May 19, 2015
Chiiinekeeee!!!!. Guy, abeg roast am keep, May 29 handing over party meat don show.

1 Like

Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by hijacke(m): 9:49pm On May 19, 2015
Ilaje44:

Don't let Urhobo people see you with that thing, else you will pay for the burial rite. According to legend it helped their ancestors, it's under protection in Urhoboland.

Awonrinwon abi alegba in Yoruba Eko

Agheghere abi alepa in Ilaje

Comodo dragon in English

It's neither a crocodile nor an alligator.

The meat is whitish and similar to snake meat.
Thank God am far from urhobo, they are surely missing out
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 19, 2015
Pls, don't eat this otherwise you will die. Reason, thetime you are using to seek our opinion, the thing is already decaying.
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 19, 2015
Pls, don't eat this otherwise you will die. Reason, thetime you are using to seek our opinion, the thing is already decaying. Don't say you were not warned. However, if you have eaten it, pls prepare your will ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by mayyorr01(m): 10:04pm On May 19, 2015
hijacke:
Dont even know the name but i heard it is a delicasy in some parts of the country

Cc lalasticlala
That's Newt...dunno if its edible sha
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 19, 2015
Why the, "two fingers" gesture now?
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by abubkhr: 10:05pm On May 19, 2015
It is called Damo in Hausa language.
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by vision2050: 10:05pm On May 19, 2015
MrPresident1:
Monitor lizard.

Leviticus 11:29-30
29 These also shall be unclean unto you among the creeping things that creep upon the earth; the weasel, and the mouse, and the tortoise after his kind,
30 And the ferret, and the chameleon, and the lizard, and the snail, and the mole.

Colossians 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Choice is yours really Chief, to eat or not to eat. But...

1 Corinthians 8:13
13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

grin
law for the isrealities, we are Nigerian not Isrealities

1 Like

Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 19, 2015
hijacke:

Thank God am far from urhobo, they are surely missing out

Thanks... we'll pass.

1 Like

Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by NobleG1(m): 10:09pm On May 19, 2015
Komodo dragon is edible.
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by Skain(m): 10:13pm On May 19, 2015
U need to smoke that thing and cook with egusi to really enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by Baroba(m): 10:22pm On May 19, 2015
chuna1985:
I've killed it as well about 10 years ago, I dashed it to someone Cuz I didn't know what it was.

Its a comodo dragon, a reptile that lives in swampy waters. its edible, but few people can prepare it.

or u can sell it, u may get 5,000 - 10,000

Komodo dragon in West Africa? Naa, you find Komodos in Indonesia no where near Africa, they are the biggest lizard in the world weighing up to 90kgs. You will have no chance of killing a Komodo dragon on your own bro, it will basically destroy you..
That thing he is holding, is a harmless monitor lizard..
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by lepasharon(f): 10:23pm On May 19, 2015
MrPresident1:
Monitor lizard.

29 These also shall be unclean unto you among the creeping things that creep upon the earth; the weasel, and the mouse, and the tortoise after his kind,
30 And the ferret, and the chameleon, and the lizard, and the snail, and the mole.

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

grin

Fuckkk outtaa here
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by Toks2008(m): 10:25pm On May 19, 2015
End time animal.
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by Cpumping(m): 10:26pm On May 19, 2015
MrPresident1:
Monitor lizard.

grin

Somewhr in Acts of d Apostles
Peter in a trance, A large sheet containing different reptiles and animals appeared, then a voice said " peter kill and eat" ...
U knw d rest of the story.

Don't call wat God has created unclean. grin grin grin
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 19, 2015
Omg what d hell is that ... Op how did u kill it cry
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by masqot(m): 10:38pm On May 19, 2015
What are you waiting for? Arrange dat guy for pot sharp sharp. We call it "Antar" but not sure if that's its english name.

1 Like

Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by charlsecy(m): 10:41pm On May 19, 2015
I believe all animals are edible. That one doesn't eat a particular animal doesn't mean the animal isn't edible.

1 Like

Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by hijacke(m): 10:42pm On May 19, 2015
Lala247:
Omg what d hell is that ... Op how did u kill it cry
I chased it down with a long stick , i gave me a tough time but i finally connered it and let my stick do the rest
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by adisa204(m): 10:47pm On May 19, 2015
As a typical yoruba boy I know it's called awonrinwan
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by JuanDeDios: 10:47pm On May 19, 2015
SeverusSnape:

No, It's not a monitor lizard.
There's quite a variety that comes under the name monitor lizard. You'd need the biological names to seperate them. Iguana isn't African and haven't been introduced here. Anybody calls anything an iguana here just misnamed it.
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by Baroba(m): 10:49pm On May 19, 2015
ifekemmie:

Its surely not a crocodile

It is called alligator, yoruba call it awonriwon or anta

Av eaten it several times even wen i was serving in bayelsa state. Na yummy delicacy

We don't have alligators in Africa, they are native to North America, that thing is a monitor lizard..
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 19, 2015
hijacke:

I chased it down with a long stick , i gave me a tough time but i finally connered it and let my stick do the rest
Wow i can't cry
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by Baroba(m): 10:51pm On May 19, 2015
JuanDeDios:

There's quite a variety that comes under the name monitor lizard. You'd need the biological names to seperate them. Iguana isn't African and haven't been introduced here. Anybody calls anything an iguana here just misnamed it.
Well said...
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by JuanDeDios: 10:51pm On May 19, 2015
Emyemyberry:
i guana is the zoological name,monitor lizard is a nigerian parlance for iguana
Iguana isn't a zoological name. It's a native name in the New World. Monitor lizard isn't a Nigerian parlance. It's the recognised English way of referring to a variety of giant lizards found in Africa and Asia.
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by hijacke(m): 10:54pm On May 19, 2015
Lala247:

Wow i can't cry
And you wont have to, cos you are too cute for such things
Re: Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 19, 2015
hijacke:

And you wont have to, cos you are too cute for such things
Thanks but, just the thought of that thing near me chai
Even lizard scares me d day i stepped on one couldnt put my foot down for hours.. The trauma was alot

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

SOYA BEANS Blended With Crayfish,dryfish,groundnut,millet And Guinea Corn. / The Fish Caught In Oguta Lake I Bought N10,000 (Photos) / See How We Barbecue Rams In Birnin Kebbi Today Sallah Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.