Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,067 members, 7,953,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:09 PM

Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? (9138 Views)

Student Result Checker --built By Dreamweaver / Please I Need Link To Download DREAMWEAVER Cs6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Dmayor7(m): 2:49pm On May 21, 2015
onyengbu:
The question he asked was if you cant code raw with DW since your previous post was classifying DW as just wysiwyg.
This last explanation you gave confused me so much that I cannot place what your position is on the debate.

I made it clear in my first paragraph..... Check it again..

Kudos...
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by josieboy55(m): 3:04pm On May 21, 2015
Dmayor7:

It seems you are not getting me right...

I said something about when you get lot of things in your hands to do under a limited time.. Then dreamweaver comes to the rescue.

I am a student of the old schools of thought that likes to take the longer and hard road because we believe it will make us hard, and flexible and help build our endurance... Applying this to web development, i most atimes don't like things to be made easy for me rather that i will make things easy for myself through experiments, mistakes, corrections, and endurance. I think that is why i am a self-learner.... I think that is why i didn't attend any computer college yet i once taught in one. I think that is why i own a wordpress website, bought a domain, and hosted it all by myself in a day and now am taking good care of it...without anybody help.

Well, our choices are different...but what i emphazise more on, is that beginners need not learn with any wysiwyg programs because they will get to miss a lot..... Agreed?

And i am telling u Dreamweaver is not a WYSIWYG , it is an IDE just like Visual Studio . are u saying people who code using Dreamweaver are lazy .

When i open DW i meet an empty workspace and i write my code , same thing i can do on notepad , notepad ++ or any other editor .

I don not understand what you mean when you refer to DW as a drag and drop software

I know about 3 top developers in australia still using DW as their IDE , are you any better than them
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 21, 2015
josieboy55:

so i should migrate to using Notepad against DW to attain a new level in web development when i have tons of uncompleted projects .

i have used notepad and notepad ++ when i started out . nowadays i need to get the job done faster which DW helps me achieve. what do i achieve in using notepad or notepad ++ at my present stage ?
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Dmayor7(m): 3:25pm On May 21, 2015
josieboy55:

And i am telling u Dreamweaver is not a WYSIWYG , it is an IDE just like Visual Studio . are u saying people who code using Dreamweaver are lazy .

When i open DW i meet an empty workspace and i write my code , same thing i can do on notepad , notepad ++ or any other editor .

I don not understand what you mean when you refer to DW as a drag and drop software

I know about 3 top developers in australia still using DW as their IDE , are you any better than them

See it as it may, i am not so good at arguments.... I hope i made my own point clear?.... Ofcourse you also made yours clear enough....

To be sincere, if am to teach somebody web designing i will not allow dreamweaver, sublime, joomla, drupal, not even notepad++.... Sounds crazy? Well, but thats how i learnt, and it helps me.... Ofcourse the person have got hang of it all then i will tell him that there are tools for web designing that makes the life of a webmaster easier, i will now start introducing those....

Like i said before, i have nothing against wysiwyg programs or the use of it. What i am saying it that it should be a helper and not a must for a webmaster....Also it must be a no-go for a beginner untill s/he gets the hang of web designing. If you must know i also use them.....am a good fan of wordpress too.

Kudos...
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Adeyinka12(m): 9:32pm On May 21, 2015
Intresting topic,i:m coming back to comment
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by ajongs(m): 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2017
This guy here was just being mischievous and too know worrying him, if you don't use dreamweaver, does that means others can't use it..and go and check him, he might not even know anything
onyengbu:

If it was not designed to serve as text editor why does it have the code view? Why does it have code auto completion and syntax highlighting? The part about it being made for graphic designers will shock even the makers of the software.
The thing here is that people like saying that DW is for amateurs just to make themselves feel like pro (i dont mean you).
Dreamweaver have code and design view and which one you decide to switch to determines your level of competitiveness. I love DW so much because of code completion, syntax highlighting, search and replace, updating renamed files sitewide and other life saving features no one hardly mention when they talk down on DW. It is true that any serious coder have no business switching DW's design view or letting it create functions for you but those are not just what DW is all about. It is a much more advanced and useful tool.
DW is not dead like people like to say in public because most people still use it in the comfort of their computers just that there seem to be this stigma hanging over its shoulder that make people deny it in public.
That I am sure is connnected to the fact web design newbies also find unguided solace in making it a tool of choice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yes! Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter And Youtube To Remove 'terrorist Content' / Why Many People Quit Blogging / Pls Help-how Do I Stop Bloggers From Copying My Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.