Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,123 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 (22047 Views)

How To Get Dollar Into Your Domiciliary Account / CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account / How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 19, 2015
Emefiele is working

1 Like

Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by Sunshinelady(f): 11:02pm On May 19, 2015
carterguccy:
In a "Mental Hospital" a journalist asks the Doctor: How do u determine whether to admit a mental patient or not?

Dr: "Well, we'd fill a bathtub with water and then give the patient;
(a). a teaspoon,
(B-). a glass,
(c). a bucket,
and ask them to empty the bathtub."

Journalist: "Oh, obviously a normal person would use the bucket because its bigger."

Dr: "No, a normal person would pull the drain plug! Please go to bed No.39. We will start further investigations on you!"
You also thought of the bucket, didn't you? Please go to bed No. 40 !
. Hahahaha
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 19, 2015
Lets hope this would secure the naira properly...
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 19, 2015
paramedic:
Speechless though!!!
Pls does GTB have any subsidiary bank in the US??
Guess you ha've more than the limit in your dorm account.
They don't, but don't you have a card connected the account?
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by mikolo80: 11:59pm On May 19, 2015
mentorandfriend:
The best news of the day. Dollarisation of our economy is becoming a big problem. This thing will make the Naira lose value faster than we can imagine, because people hoard dollars, or go straight to Berau de Change to dollarise any money they get. Black market forex.
You cant believe that some estate owners, and even local landlords in Lagos collect rent in dollars. Even some primary and secondary schools.
I pray the eight assembly enacts laws to stop all these attitudes weakening the economy.
The only thing weakening our economy is abysmally low productivity.instead of this mumu cbn gov to guarantee loans to agribusiness mining and real estate he is here playing macroeconomic ludo. Dumb.assI
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by suyamasta(m): 12:05am On May 20, 2015
Now i believe this CBN Governor is Mad, this policy is totally wrong what if an exporter make sales in excess of 10,000 usd? so he will be charged for bringing the country fx? what nonsense!!
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by mroluway: 2:08am On May 20, 2015
I read everything and it seems you are writting out my mind, i'm an old member of this great forum and i must confess, i always read as quest because of the things we read nowadays on NL are just not encouraging to comment on. i hope Seun will roger that.
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by EvilBrain1(m): 2:09am On May 20, 2015
When President Retardeen was busy sharing dollars to every Tom, Dick and Harry for election support; he didn't know that it would harm the naira abi? Now his useless government is pushing this pointless policy that will do little more than harm ordinary people.

If the government wants to protect the Naira, they should stop spending money like its toilet paper. Reduce staff numbers and the political office holders' pay. Merge ministries, reduce the huge crowds that go for every foreign trip, stop wasting money on useless pilgrimages. Build up our foreign reserves so that international businesses would have some confidence in our currency instead of getting rid of it as soon as possible because they know its going to depreciate.

Stop all this voodoo economics bullshìt! If that's much for Jonathan to handle, he should just sit on his hands and try not to fùck things up worse before May 29. Someone more sensible is coming to replace him.

3 Likes

Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by 989900: 3:54am On May 20, 2015
The FG/CBN's 'core' monetary policies unless changed, would only make the general population poorer, regardless of how much more money the country makes.
It basically ensures that, the Naira is always struggling against the dollar. All these Emefiele's strategies are merely like having 20 holes in a large leaking container, instead of fixing the biggest holes for quick effect, you waste your time f00ling around with the smallest holes.
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by bennieman: 4:17am On May 20, 2015
In GTB for instance, no limit has been placed on domiciliary accounts balances. The limit placed is on the maximum amount that can be withdrawn or deposited into an account in a day which is $10000.
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by blackmantis: 4:25am On May 20, 2015
989900:
The FG/CBN's 'core' monetary policies unless changed, would only make the general population poorer, regardless of how much more money the country makes.
It basically ensures that, the Naira is always struggling against the dollar. All these Emefiele's strategies are merely like having 20 holes in a large leaking container, instead of fixing the biggest holes for quick effect, you waste your time f00ling around with the smallest holes.

$10000 is roughly N2million people who export and earn more than this in foreign currency will now be penalized. Very soon a maximum amount will be placed on Naira Account. If you have more than N2million you will be penalized.
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by Eyop: 6:48am On May 20, 2015
bennieman:
In GTB for instance, no limit has been placed on domiciliary accounts balances. The limit placed is on the maximum amount that can be withdrawn or deposited into an account in a day which is $10000.

Access Bank also has no limit. So this $10,000 maximum limit won't work.

1 Like

Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by maum: 7:22am On May 20, 2015
Lie o

@ least I know for Diamond bank
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by Shevychen2: 7:22am On May 20, 2015
One would think that by now the moderators would have been employing the kind of standards seen in international forums. Since when did the source posted become authoritative? There should be a disclaimer until an article is fully verified.

Spoken to my bank and there is nothing of this sort. It's not even feasible. There is only a limit on how much you can send abroad from your Dorm Account per day. No limit on how much you can receive or leave in your account.

Anyway people with loaded dorm accounts will contact their banks first instead of believing unverified posts allowed to hit Nairaland front page.
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by ZICCKOde1st(m): 7:25am On May 20, 2015
Jarchi:
Buhari na u be hope oh,but wait he's turning fed ministries to department wont he lay people off,and later employ them and start shouting he created job,he beta find anoda solution

What Buhari has done is a simple Merger... I have always been one to think we have agencies that do virtually same thing. Put them together under one roof. Less government cost...Will even create employment...some redundant people of course will have to leave..
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by adconline(m): 7:45am On May 20, 2015
From the responses here, it's clear that most NL members are bereft of how Naija economy works. From ur shoes-handbags to ur cellphone/computer how many of them have made in Nigeria tag?? None!' Foreign currencies are needed on daily basis to pay for these goods. Shipping companies and airlines all want to be paid in $$€€. CBN has restricted these payments without providing a viable alternative. This has resulted in pushing the price of $ up in the black market to $1-N223.
Naija economy is import dependent cos we don't manufacure that much and Naija Naira is worthless piece of paper.

1 Like

Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by Austin234(m): 10:02am On May 20, 2015
This will have an adverse effect on d long run. Big time importers may not be d only one to suffer it.
I suggest direct check mate shud be done on establishments or institutions dat favour use of dollar for than our own naira.
A stich in time save nine. Lets save our economy now
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by 989900: 10:04am On May 20, 2015
adconline:
From the responses here, it's clear that most NL members are bereft of how Naija economy works. From ur shoes-handbags to ur cellphone/computer how many of them have made in Nigeria tag?? None!' Foreign currencies are needed on daily basis to pay for these goods. Shipping companies and airlines all want to be paid in $$€€. CBN has restricted these payments without providing a viable alternative. This has resulted in pushing the price of $ up in the black market to $1-N223.
Naija economy is import dependent cos we don't manufacure that much and Naija Naira is worthless piece of paper.

The above is correct, but it puts less strain on the dollar than;

1. Importation of refined petroleum products -- which is madness.

2. Foreign currencies demand/looting by our 'polithievians'.

3. And the faulty monetary policies operated by the FG/CBN, which ensures scarcity of the dollar=huge amount of Naira chasing few dollars -- scarcity=price hike . . . throw in Forex racketeering by the CBN,Banks,BDCs, and others.
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by adconline(m): 2:12pm On May 20, 2015
989900:

The above is correct, but it puts less strain on the dollar than;

1. Importation of refined petroleum products -- which is madness.

2. Foreign currencies demand/looting by our 'polithievians'.

3. And the faulty monetary policies operated by the FG/CBN, which ensures scarcity of the dollar=huge amount of Naira chasing few dollars -- scarcity=price hike . . . throw in Forex racketeering by the CBN,Banks,BDCs, and others.
1: Importation of refined crude- whose fault? Govt or the masses? Why can't govt build or award license to folks to build, then restrict dollar to importers of refined products?
2: why can't CBN peg bTA for me office holder of traveler's cheque?
3: faulty monetary policy cos we only sell crude and import everything.. I'm running my gen now. FG doesn't want to run out of $€ because it didn't save enough during oil boom days, therefore, it's suppressing the demand for $€ because it wants to use the reserve to fund part of the budget.
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by lastpage: 2:46pm On May 20, 2015
When he was 'sharing Dollars" to every Tom, Dike and Hillary during the election campaign, was he expecting them to burn it afterwards?
It is now he realizes it is hurting the economy and we the masses must be punished for that.

Clueless as ever, Mr. "Out-Going" president.

Lastpage!
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by bornmekus: 8:37pm On May 20, 2015
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by oluwafemi89(m): 12:28am On Jul 08, 2015
Hello Nairalander; Kindly assist me with this questions

1. Please which of the Nigerian Bank has the Best Domiciliary Account System?
2. Is the opening balance of $100 be withdraw after opening
3. Whats the charges on transaction to pay oversee
4. Please who can volunteer to reference me?

God Bless
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by area(m): 7:56am On Sep 30, 2016
baybeeboi:
wow!
My $100,000.....straight to First Bank 2moro.

Na so...
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by Teechawa: 8:05am On Sep 30, 2016
$10,000 balance/bank and we have 25 banks. That means $10,000 in 25 places making $250,000! Who is fooling who? Peace out!
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by adconline(m): 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
Zombies are salivating over this news. They had implemented similar policies in the past and it further compounded the problem; created panic and made investors move their funds out.
They stopped all Dom account transactions and treated everyone like a criminal.
And it's usually politrickians who have never done any other business but politics that would have the guts to call Nigerians criminals.
Govt expenditure is only 13% of the national GDP with about 2% of Nigerians in govt, that means that 98% of Nigerians work outside the govt and most of them have earned their money legitimately. This idea of criminalizing everyone before any shred of evidence is presented has to stop.
Re: Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 by hppyromz(m): 10:46am On Oct 02, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mike Adenuga: "How I Started My Business Empire By Selling Car Stereos In 1974" / Konfam Becomes Nigeria's Latest Fintech / Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.