Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. (4350 Views)

Army Redeploy 6 Major Generals, 5 Brigadier Generals In New Shakeup / List Of Agencies And Parastatals Under Amaechi, As A Minister Of Transport / Jonathan Directs Ministries & Parastatals To Submit Hand-Over Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by Gbawe: 9:25pm On May 19, 2015
http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/business/414939-massive-shakeup-awaits-mdas-38-parastatals-to-be-scrapped.html

Massive Shakeup Awaits MDAs - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped

In a bid to cut costs and free up revenue for the Nigerian government, the incoming Buhari-led administration is expected to make some changes concerning ministries, departments and agencies in the country, an APC economic committee member reportedly told ITEdge News.

The Committee was led by a former head of service of the federation, Mr. Stephen Oronsaye. Its report is generally referred to as the Oronsaye Report.

“I assure you with all sense of responsibility that the new government will adopt a systematic adoption of this report to ensure full rationalization of the MDAs [ministries, departments and agencies] so as to drive better efficiencies at a lower cost to government and the Nigerian people.”

The Oronsaye Report had recommended the abolition of 38 government agencies, merger of 52 and reversion of 14 agencies to departments in the relevant ministries. The report claims government will be saving some N400 billion annually if fully implemented.

4 Likes

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by ki02020(m): 9:27pm On May 19, 2015
Good one enough of duplication of duties

3 Likes

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by seunmsg(m): 9:28pm On May 19, 2015
Restructuring the civil and public service is long overdue. I pray GMB will have the political will to carry it out.

5 Likes

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by ThunderTrail(f): 9:28pm On May 19, 2015
Better

2 Likes

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by Beremx(f): 9:29pm On May 19, 2015
Good news. Time to save money

3 Likes

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by Gbawe: 9:30pm On May 19, 2015
ki02020:
Good one enough of duplication of duties

Indeed. As some of us have always argued, the brilliant templates and recommendations, with which to transform Nigeria for the better, have always being available to all incoming governments since 1999. It is political will that has been lacking. This is what Nigerians are sure Buhari will bring that will set him apart from others before him to the benefit and glory of Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by theV0ice: 9:30pm On May 19, 2015
will be a very welcome development.

Let us know who is working and who is simply collecting salaries

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by ki02020(m): 9:44pm On May 19, 2015
Gbawe:

Indeed. As some of us have always argued, the brilliant templates and recommendations, with which to transform Nigeria for the better, have always being available to all incoming governments since 1999. It is political will that has been lacking. This is what Nigerians are sure Buhari will bring that will set him apart from others before him to the benefit and glory of Nigeria.

If he(buhari) can effectively block those loopholes the generated revenue will be sufficient to a certain extent to run a performing goverment

4 Likes

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by ifyan(m): 9:45pm On May 19, 2015
With this, l am fully in support of this.

Love this.

1 Like

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by kestolove95(m): 9:46pm On May 19, 2015
We talking buhari u talking nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 19, 2015
That's a wonderful either

Too many lazy ass sitting in the office doing nothing

1 Like

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by ifyan(m): 9:51pm On May 19, 2015
Gbawe:

Mr GBAWE mind this is a beautiful idea but cabals you know.

This Nigeria there will be a warin some ways.

Any If PMB want to succeed, he have to step on toes but with true heart Nigerians are behind him.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by ifyan(m): 9:52pm On May 19, 2015
eliment:
That's a wonderful either

Too many lazy ass sitting in the office doing nothing

True talk bro.

You know. .....

1 Like

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 19, 2015
Beremx:
Good news. Time to save money

Trueee talk.....block all forms of leakage and cutting down on unnecessary expenses

A step in the right direction

1 Like

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by baybeeboi: 9:57pm On May 19, 2015
ayaf heard
Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 19, 2015
ifyan:

Mr GBAWE mind this is a beautiful idea but cabals you know.

This Nigeria there will be a warin some ways.

Any If PMB want to succeed, he have to step on toes but with true heart Nigerians are behind him.

That's always been my fear too

To me PMB is somone with guts....I dnt to think he'd be easily manipulated and forced into submission

All we can do is pray and hope

3 Likes

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by saintikechi(m): 10:06pm On May 19, 2015
Is he trying to increase the rate of unemployment in the country?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by sammyj: 10:08pm On May 19, 2015
Good one coming from the incoming government. All the to whom it may concern civil servants should all be sent out of the civil service! !!@
Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by theV0ice: 10:10pm On May 19, 2015
saintikechi:
Is he trying to increase the rate of unemployment in the country?

In that case, we can just ask the redundant staff in the redundant MDA's to simply stay at home and continuing receiving their fat pay...

It'll be the same thing after all

7 Likes

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by ifyan(m): 10:12pm On May 19, 2015
sarahatuba:

That's always been my fear too

To me PMB is somone with guts....I dnt to think he'd be easily manipulated and forced into submission

All we can do is pray and hope

Sis there is something people don't understand about the presidency. People think the power lies on the president alone. If the president say yes to initiative and the legislative arm say no, believe me that initiative is as good as buried.

People still expect PMB to perform as the military regime.

Things doesn't work that way. He ne the support of the FG.

You know. .....5

1 Like

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 19, 2015
ifyan:

Sis there is something people don't understand about the presidency. People think the power lies on the president alone. If the president say yes to initiative and the legislative arm say no, believe me that initiative is as good as buried.

You know. .....5
Yeah I totally get that.......but having a strong leader goes a long way

Like they say when 'the head is rotten...the whole body is useless''

2 Likes

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by Maxymilliano(m): 10:22pm On May 19, 2015
It's about time to clean the augean stable ...

The shake-up is long over due.

I hope GMB will have the guts to take the bull by the horn.

1 Like

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by Gbawe: 10:33pm On May 19, 2015
ifyan:

You know. .....5

I get your point which is valid and relevant but the Presidency has total discretion over many things that fall under the authority of the executive arm of government. We at least expect Buhari to do what must be done in his area of direct and supreme authority while he works with the legislative arm to get changes he wants for areas where the assent of the NASS is required.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by pistol: 10:41pm On May 19, 2015
instead of creating jobs,
he is on a sacking spree.
we are still waiting for the 5000 naira promised to each jobless graduate.
imagine GEJ doing this,
these APC sycophants would have shouted down the roof

2 Likes

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 19, 2015
After the civil service it is total removal of social service and then a cut in wages then there will be further devaluation of the currency, another round of imf loans followed by opening the economy to western corporations

This is your change back to full western neo colonialism

Fools

2 Likes

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by ifyan(m): 10:50pm On May 19, 2015
sarahatuba:

Yeah I totally get that.......but having a strong leader goes a long way

Like they say when 'the head is rotten...the whole body is useless''

Love you.

1 Like

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 19, 2015
ifyan:

Love you.
shocked
Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by ThundrCork(m): 11:43pm On May 19, 2015
Do you need clarity? I can help grin
sarahatuba:

shocked
Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by pomporiking: 12:14am On May 20, 2015
Rubbsih!!!!
Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by magaliyu(f): 12:17am On May 20, 2015
I Just Wish NTA Could Be Scrapped.

1 Like

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by poiu77: 12:23am On May 20, 2015
nimasa dies because it is the duty of the navy

3 Likes

Re: Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. by poiu77: 12:25am On May 20, 2015
NTA should be sold station by station to the private sector.. except if they are located in the 10 state state of Western Nigeria. Their name should change to Western Nigeria television service.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Emmanuel Udom Renames Akpabio Stadium Intl As Akwa Ibom Stadium Intl / Obasanjo: I Have Sent N5000 To Nigerian's Using Bvn / 'my Nigerian Great-grandfather Sold Slaves'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.