Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) (45405 Views)

Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones / Do People Still Fall For This?! / 9 Potentially Misleading Smartphone Features Nigerians Fall For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by 2muchM: 7:46am On May 20, 2015
It is real o. It's d petroleum minister trying to throw some money around to lobby public supports when d hunt down begins. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by Nobody: 8:00am On May 20, 2015
LordCenturion:
Guys, see Wat I just got from my fellow jobless dude in Nigeria, can u imagine,why some people will just come up with this thinking people will fall for it easily, still wondering how they got my number, the last time I checked it was lacasera and coke, now it's nnpc, my Question is that,do people still fall for this in this 21st century?

Cuz I think people shouldn't fall for it anymore since it is not new...

Bros charge Ur ba3 na. U want Ur phone to die? u are even using 3G. Deactivate it

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by MissIndependent(f): 8:00am On May 20, 2015
yadnus1:
l once got this kinda message with the instructions to call one Mr Johnson.Luckily l have the truecaller app installed on my phone and l ran the number on it. Lo and behold it gave the true name of the guy as Steve Abuchi and immediately he picked up l called him with his real name which made him surprised. l threatened him that l work with the SARS and l had a team already watching on him and his gang and that we are very close to round them up.He started begging and he revealed a lot of things to me. One important one I got from him is that they usually get the phone nos of their victims from the bank transaction registers. So folks stop giving out ur phone numbers on the deposit transaction registers anytime you make a deposit.You can even refuse to fill it(like l do sometimes) because you are only helping the teller with his job by filling it in the first place-to assist his balancing processes at the end of the banking hours. Filling it have got nothing to do with your transaction.The phone number you filled on the deposit slip is suffice for the bank to get in touch with you in case of errors in transaction.
Lool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by VickyRotex(f): 8:02am On May 20, 2015
Why is it always Mrs. Joy? Smhhh

Thank God for true caller app

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by samuelizko(m): 8:18am On May 20, 2015
bogolobango:
grin
how much u wanna sell the piece of land?? undecided

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by priscaoge(f): 8:20am On May 20, 2015
RomanceLander:

So you're using VPN

Yea its a very nice App. U have it?
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by priscaoge(f): 8:21am On May 20, 2015
odeku457:

You are a bad a$$.

Pls remind me not to mess with you. grin grin grin

Lol....Omo these niggas ain't loyal. There method is outdated already
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by ahizih(m): 8:28am On May 20, 2015
LordCenturion:

No light for the past 5 days here Bro
Anyway change has come

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by Nobody: 8:41am On May 20, 2015
MissIndependent:
Why is it always Mrs joy? grin

We have to probe all Mrs joy in Nigeria grin
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by Cleodesign123(f): 8:41am On May 20, 2015
Saklekplus:

Abi nah ur handwork or ur boyfriend or bro? grin

@OP, One of my uncle that dearly love lacasera drink fall for this scam last year, thinking it's time for lacasera to reward him of all lacasera he has drank grin..
Nah lacasera I always see, but maybe nnpc just award them the contract... grin.. FP pls, let the world see this new system... Am suspecting our petroleum minister on this lipsrsealed ... people need to be careful

last year, I got an SMS related to dis, but for Lacasera sha, I was asked to call one mrs Grace to claim my 250,000 prize. I called d grace and told her I had a job vacancy, that instead of scamming people, she should come for a factory job and earn salary, or else she will be arrested, she started talking and bragging dat I can't do anything. Lol, was soo funny!
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by drololaaof: 8:43am On May 20, 2015
Lol where is the photo and the message ?
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by Nobody: 8:46am On May 20, 2015
Cleodesign123:
last year, I got an SMS related to dis, but for Lacasera sha, I was asked to call one mrs Grace to claim my 250,000 prize. I called d grace and told her I had a job vacancy, that instead of scamming people, she should come for a factory job and earn salary, or else she will be arrested, she started talking and bragging dat I can't do anything. Lol, was soo funny!

Fraudulent lady still dey bragging...
Lol
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by Seunolad1(m): 8:49am On May 20, 2015
*ignore them if u get to the truth*
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by whao: 9:15am On May 20, 2015
priscaoge:
Lwkmd cheesy cheesy I got same in the morning today,they said they are from Dangote cement angry angry angry...The annoying part is that I receive this silly msg everyday. When I reply them with insults,I won't receive it again till after like 2weeks or 1month. Block their line from sending me msg n they will use another line n change the format, maybe to NNPC, Nigeria Brewery, Shell or even MTN angry angry

This one happened today angry

What you should do if you receive a Nigerian 419 sms or email?
There are 3 ways you can react:

- Ignore it. Delete the sms or email and forget all about it.
- Report it. Find the domain name in the email address, for example xcvmail.com. Inform the fraud protection team by copying the email message and its header information into a new email addressed to abuse@xcvmail.com (Note 1). The header is very important for locating where the email was sent from.
- Answer it. Have some fun as I have had, but realize that you are dealing with criminals. NEVER give them any personal details, and NEVER send them any money. Read about scambaiting first by following the links http://419.bittenus.com/passports/nigeria.htm.

Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by DECOtech(m): 9:33am On May 20, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahaha!

NNPC is doing bonanza!

The buffoon is not only jobless. I'm not sure he went to primary school.
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by simdam500(m): 9:40am On May 20, 2015
See your whatsapp background sef undecided
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by dannewlife(m): 10:06am On May 20, 2015
boolet:

Who fell for it recently?

Count down to may 29.
Time moving too slow !

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by subbieD(f): 10:18am On May 20, 2015
Lol,never.....

Pls check my signature wink
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by boolet: 10:26am On May 20, 2015
dannewlife:

Count down to may 29.
Time moving too slow !
I dey teeeells you!!!
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by pomsky: 11:37am On May 20, 2015
LordCenturion:
Guys, see Wat I just got from my fellow jobless dude in Nigeria, can u imagine,why some people will just come up with this thinking people will fall for it easily, still wondering how they got my number, the last time I checked it was lacasera and coke, now it's nnpc, my Question is that,do people still fall for this in this 21st century?

[size=14pt]......they rely on the fact that muguns are being born everyday![/size]
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by elohorayodele: 11:52am On May 20, 2015
LordCenturion:

Miss Joy is now Mrs Joy, wish her HML
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by Uncletony(m): 1:32pm On May 20, 2015
Saklekplus:

With that ur myopic brain and eyes, who mentioned fellow jobless dude?, am I the OP that mention that?, Eeeediot

U see what i mean?!...
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by odeku457(m): 7:48pm On May 20, 2015
priscaoge:

Lol....Omo these niggas ain't loyal. There method is outdated already

Well you are right.

But Mayeehs are born every sec.

And of course

But the Biggest Con is Conning someone who should have known better.

Hustle. (Series)
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by Cleodesign123(f): 9:46pm On May 20, 2015
Saklekplus:

Fraudulent lady still dey bragging...
Lol
na so I see am o. Lolls
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by donem: 6:17pm On May 21, 2015
@ Op u'll be surprised greedy people still fall for this, i got this scam msg below some days ago,

"Congratulation! You've Won #400,000 Your No was randomly chosen in the Guinness Drink Award. Ticket No (MTN2R), call Mr. Mike On 08104363028 for claims."

i avoided the msg, the scammer had the temerity to re-send me the msg, got upset sent the scammer a highly worded text in response, since then i haven't gotten such shitty scam msg again.
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by donem: 6:26pm On May 21, 2015
bogolobango:
See the msg i got also a couple of weeks i spent in naija when i came for holiday

loll this one got me, as stingy as Aliko Dangote is can he give out 0.5million to 30 peeps.
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by zonax(m): 2:42am On May 22, 2015
Saklekplus:

Thanks Bro, but u know that nnpc is broke, so they can do anything, u remember immigration cart away our 1k,,actually am just kidding

Lol I get
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by jericco1(m): 8:31am On May 22, 2015
priscaoge:
Lwkmd cheesy cheesy I got same in the morning today,they said they are from Dangote cement angry angry angry...The annoying part is that I receive this silly msg everyday. When I reply them with insults,I won't receive it again till after like 2weeks or 1month. Block their line from sending me msg n they will use another line n change the format, maybe to NNPC, Nigeria Brewery, Shell or even MTN angry angry

This one happened today angry

na Godwin
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by franklin583: 9:01am On Jul 03, 2015
Dey sent me same from cocacola, i simply sent dem my acct no 2 pay d winnings inside
Re: See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) by mattmogan88: 12:10am On Aug 25, 2016
hustling tinz :Dhustling tinz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hot: How To Cheat Mtn With Mtn Beta Talk / The Best Affordable Smartphones That Have Great Battery Life / Photo: See What Guys Have Turn Social Media Into

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.