Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

The Fundamentals Of Odinani - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Fundamentals Of Odinani (15624 Views)

Odinani: The Sacred Sciences Of Ndigbo / The Fundamentals Of Odinani (Igbo Religion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fundamentals Of Odinani by macof(m): 6:51pm On May 21, 2015
rigarmortis:

ekwensu is akin to the Yoruba god, esu, who is currently misrepresented as the modern day satan of the Bible.

true. bt unlike the igbos, Yoruba are gradually turning back on that disgraceful act
Re: The Fundamentals Of Odinani by macof(m): 6:51pm On May 21, 2015
Lilimax:
Nwaekwensu a.k.a SonOfLucifer- I've gone through your write up.
Nice research though but I've made up my mind long ago smiley

Agaghi m efe chi ejiri aka mee... wink meaning I will never worship man made god.
***Singing***

What is God? explain how man can make God

2 Likes

Re: The Fundamentals Of Odinani by macof(m): 7:04pm On May 21, 2015
johnydon22:

You are part of nature, just like a tree or an animal... we are all nature... That a tree withers doesnt kill u or any other part of nature. That you die still doesnt destroy every other part of nature..

We are all nature, you, i, cow, tree, yam everything is part of nature...Humanity is a part of nature... You are the one who actually think humanity is different from nature when humanity is nature itself..

The greatest illusion of the world is the illusion of separation... Du think yourself different from the goat, cow or sheep you see out there? or the Caucasian or asiatic you see?

We are all different parts of the same whole... Just like ur hand, eyes, nose, legs are all different part of the same whole which is you..

grin grin you don't know what I think
I simply brought out a piece from the whole to explain that Nature doesn't need Man to be conscious, Nature was conscious before Man and would remain so after humanity ever ends

do you believe Nature can give consciousness to man(a piece of itself) at the dawn of humanity when it never had consciousness in the first place

1 Like

Re: The Fundamentals Of Odinani by johnydon22(m): 7:12pm On May 21, 2015
macof:

grin grin you don't know what I think
I simply brought out a piece from the whole to explain that Nature doesn't need Man to be conscious, Nature was conscious before Man and would remain so after humanity ever ends

do you believe Nature can give consciousness to man(a piece of itself) at the dawn of humanity when it never had consciousness in the first place

This actually is the scientific stance... Life on earth evolved thru a natural process.. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Fundamentals Of Odinani by macof(m): 9:34pm On May 21, 2015
johnydon22:

This actually is the scientific stance... Life on earth evolved thru a natural process.. smiley
but this doesn't quite give an answer to the question

1 Like

Re: The Fundamentals Of Odinani by ralph28(m): 10:54pm On May 21, 2015
Nice job nwanne.

2 Likes

Re: The Fundamentals Of Odinani by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:59pm On May 21, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

You are always welcome. The website is a huge repository of Odinani/Omenala resources. I'm a bit concerned the article in the OP equates Satan to Ekwensu. Might have been a mistake or that part of the text was for readers coming from a Christian/Muslim background.
Ekwensu is a god of mischief and war. He wasn't a direct adversary to Chukwu, unlike Satan who is an adversary to Yahweh.

Ekwensu like Esu and Lagbaja represent dual forces . A balance of both good and evil, right or worng , truth or false, etc.

3 Likes

Re: The Fundamentals Of Odinani by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:01pm On May 21, 2015
[size=38pt]THE GODS BLESS THE OP!

THE GODS BLESS NIGERIA![/size]

5 Likes

Re: The Fundamentals Of Odinani by Nsonso: 11:45pm On May 21, 2015
johnydon22:
I love this keep it up bro...Igbo mythology is so colourful and beautiful.. it was their own little way of doing science.. they could read the stars (astrology), predict the seasons, divided the year into 365days correctly... I love being an igbo man.

God bless u.

1 Like

Re: The Fundamentals Of Odinani by ojimbo(m): 1:01am On May 22, 2015
i got this inspiring quote from a page

John 3:16 - 'For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son' - for only three days. Where's the sacrifice if he didn't stay dead?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fundamentals Of Odinani by Nobody: 6:29am On May 22, 2015
Lilimax:
In Satan you trust undecided
You strong oo!
Only the strong shall survive. The weak hide behind mysteries and miracles, vacuous Gods hinged upon ignorance. Light is knowledge, to he who knows, mysteries are unsolved puzzles.

1 Like

Re: The Fundamentals Of Odinani by isalegan2: 7:14pm On May 22, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

You are always welcome. The website is a huge repository of Odinani/Omenala resources. I'm a bit concerned the article in the OP equates Satan to Ekwensu. Might have been a mistake or that part of the text was for readers coming from a Christian/Muslim background.
Ekwensu is a god of mischief and war. He wasn't a direct adversary to Chukwu, unlike Satan who is an adversary to Yahweh.

Your signature: "TO SATAN, I OWE MY FREEDOM. IN HIS LIGHT, I FIND KNOWLEDGE. REGIE SATANAS! AVE SATANAS! HAIL SATAN!"

Are you a Pagan (naturalist/animist/polytheist) or a Satanist? (a la Nightstalker Richard Ramirez; those easily frightened should not google him.) Very very different beliefs and mindset. Satanists are not considered part of the Pagan movement, since Pagans do not admire evil and wrongdoing.

As already stated, Esu or Ekwensu or any African god/orisa are not equivalent to the "Christian" satan/devil. I say, Christian, instead of Judeo-Christian or Abrahamic, because even the view of "satan" in Judaism differs from the accepted Christian (satan/devil) view.

http://www.jewishanswers.org/ask-the-rabbi-2566/the-jewish-view-of-satan/?p=2566
The Jewish View of Satan

. . .Satan is not a being, but is rather the influences we have compelling us toward that which goes counter to G-d’s Will. These influences are called the “yetzer hara” (evil inclination), otherwise known as Satan, not because Satan is evil, but because these influences drive a person to desire that which is evil. . .

1 Like

Re: The Fundamentals Of Odinani by vooks: 8:24pm On May 23, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Mine.

Ok Negro, just don't die yet. Aight?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo Masquerades Arrested After Robbery Operation / Ézè Ǹrì gi gá Frontier Culture Museum | Nigerian king to visit FCM / Arrival Of A New Baby Amongst Ndigbo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.