Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. (15304 Views)

Should The National Youth Service Corps (nysc) Scheme Be Reformed Or Scrapped? / Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by phransix147(m): 10:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
I fit go bet... Nobody for that FP read this articles from beginning to end...

3 Likes

Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by harry509: 10:28pm On Jun 02, 2015
hmmmmmmm. Ogbeni na half way I fit read yur history reach ooh, I don tire abeg I wor sleep. I guess u study HISTORY programe @ sch. Well dis Rr ryte up u get wen jobless. lipsrsealed and if SEUN gve yu chance ehn, u go ryte full oxford dictionary 4 here make we read.
Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by Swagk101(m): 10:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
U 4 try snap wit one puna nw,y guys only?Don't let me fink otherwise
Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by addictiv(m): 10:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
see as your trouser de like aladin own...you no fit shape am for mami?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2015
Lol story for the gods.. it was rather during my time in NYSC camp that I realised how truly divided and ignorant we are as a nation

1 Like

Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by kakakent: 10:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
Cpc supporters killed my lil bro in kastina in 2011 nd u say we ve gone past the civil war I never even start
Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by xtreme07(m): 11:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
Good command of english.......A graduate of history, no wonder your write-up is enormous.

1 Like

Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by Mcowubaba: 11:02pm On Jun 02, 2015
Lagusta:

A very lovely article....

I'll be going for my youth service next year with mixed feelings...

While some can't wait to serve their fatherland, others think its a waste of time, money and energy that could be used for better things....

I'm largely in-between tho, willing to serve but wary of the dangers that lie ahead....

God bless Nysc, GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!!
Many graduates are ready nd willing to boycott NYSC....just that is a prerequisite for Most Employment in Nigeria, so the really have no Choice....
Some corpers really Suffer a lot during their NYSC, some r even killed sad lipsrsealed...
The Pros nd Cons(which 1 outweighs the other) of NYSC is subjected to different school of thoughts!!...so we can't really say generally NYSC is good...To some people its Nightmare!!!
Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
Nice write-up..... Enjoyed every piece. OP, you could make a good novelist... You really know how to take people into your world.
Titilayodeji13:
NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS: A SCHEME TO ELIMINATE IGNORANCE IN NIGERIA.
Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by UjSizzle(f): 11:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
freecocoa:
One of the very few times I'll ask for a summary.
Loool grin

Had to do a quick scroll to the end to gauge my reading speed, but by the time I finally got there my brain was screaming "ohmilawd what's the word count?" shocked grin
Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by dieumerci22: 11:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
Jah my pionner president of the college of Humanities nd culture Osun State University(Ikire campus) nyc write up.Greatest Historian.Like history like google.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 03, 2015
Who wrote all this
Do u really think anyone can read it all
Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by Amustical(m): 12:19am On Jun 03, 2015
Guy ask those ones posted to bente kasa or gembu in taraba state....... Or those ones posted to ukari or borno state.... They we tell you you did not serve this nation. You only enjoy and have enough nice time to enjoy your allowee
Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by Moduske: 12:28am On Jun 03, 2015
Eliminating ignorance or breeding whores[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by lordizak(m): 1:18am On Jun 03, 2015
kunlesufyan:
Good command of English... You go school *thumbs up*.....
not up too par.
Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by bukster(f): 2:44am On Jun 03, 2015
Good write up
Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:07am On Jun 03, 2015
I believe the NYSC should be scrapped as it has no useful applicability in the 21st century.

If an Igbo person wants to learn about other cultures, he/she can buy an airplane or bus ticket to Kano or Osun. Graduates shouldn't be essentially forced to go some distance place.

Nonetheless, if the NYSC program must stay, the FG should totally demilitarize it. Civilians also have the capacity to instill discipline amongst a large collection if young people. Sixteen years of civilian rule should lead to a gradual demilitarization of the Nigerian society.
Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by masterjo: 4:45am On Jun 03, 2015
Nysc is as useless as used toilet tissue. The only thing is that an easy way for cheap labour and slavery .
its for employers. I served in the office of the governor, directorate of ict and I was paid N2500 about €12 at the end of month.
Yet that silly yooloba director and his brothers insist I come work through all days of the week else I wont get discharge letter.

1 Like

Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by cjplainstrip: 4:55am On Jun 03, 2015
Download d most played song in d country dis week 4 free! Choco Jay ft wilfresh titled,EKELEBE (Police). Totally hilarious. http:///XSspK0 .Enjoy!

Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by mgolo(m): 5:07am On Jun 03, 2015
...To many Nigerians, the government is not living up to expectations but they are, in actual sense, unaware that true corruption resides in the people at the grassroots. ...
Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 03, 2015
Swagk101:
and must u tell d whole world u were among d best students in ur set?
. . . And what is bad in that please? If he does not, who will? Just ask the Agama lizard the only thing that made him famous!
Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by nairaman66(m): 5:37am On Jun 03, 2015
NYSC is a draining pipe to the Nigerian budget alone! It should be scrapped!!

It is not purposeful, totally mentally and physiologically exhausting! It is the most wicked scheme hijacked by the so called cabals of anti decent human living conditions.

Say No to NYSC!!

1 Like

Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by Sweetguy25: 5:47am On Jun 03, 2015
Honestly, if I was president of this useless country, one of the decisions I'll take would be to remodify or scrap this useless scheme.

NYSC should be not be mandatory. Graduates should have an option of enlisting to the NYSC service or go straight to the job market.

Forty years after this useless scheme was instituted, the same reasons that prompted the enactment of the scheme is still lingering, even stronger than ever.

What caused the civil war was injustice and injustice still prevails(constitutionally) till today.

You only talked about the hausa people you met on camp. What happened to your fifteen Igbo roommates? You kill dem?

1 Like

Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by Titilayodeji13(m): 6:07am On Jun 03, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Honestly, if I was president of this useless country, one of the decisions I'll take would be to remodify or scrap this useless scheme.

NYSC should be not be mandatory. Graduates should have an option of enlisting to the NYSC service or go straight to the job market.

Forty years after this useless scheme was instituted, the same reasons that prompted the enactment of the scheme is still lingering, even stronger than ever.

What caused the civil war was injustice and injustice still prevails(constitutionally) till today.

You only talked about the hausa people you met on camp. What happened to your fifteen Igbo roommates? You kill dem?

Lolz,nawa for u!!! I made friends with them too,but those experiences highlighted in the article were dear to me,was never scared or surprise to live with the igbos cos I grew up with many so there is no point in talking about that.
Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by obinna2nv(m): 6:12am On Jun 03, 2015
Sweetguy25:

You only talked about the Hausa people you met on camp. What happened to your 15 Igbo roommates? You kill dem?

Don't mind him, I was a little disappointed and not entirely surprised when he chose to ignore the Igbo boys and never said anything about them, 15 of them, that's too hard to overlook!! And he was singing the praises of the Hausa boys, its that Muslim-Muslim, Southwest - Northern alliance! Its exactly the way the last Presidential election went, along that fault lines. Its so ironical because the OP was praising the NYSC to high heavens while unconsciously showing us all that we are still where we were. NYSC or not, nothing has changed.
Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by Titilayodeji13(m): 6:28am On Jun 03, 2015
obinna2nv:

Don't mind him, I was a little disappointed and not entirely surprised when he chose to ignore the Igbo boys and never said anything about them, 15 of them, that's too hard to overlook!! And he was singing the praises of the Hausa boys, its that Muslim-Muslim, Southwest - Northern alliance! Its exactly the way the last Presidential election went, along that fault lines. Its so ironical because the OP was praising the NYSC to high heavens while unconsciously showing us all that we are still where we were. NYSC or not, nothing has changed.

stop been bias and don't relate my article based on ethnicity Atall, I grew up with Igbo, I schooled with them and nothing new to me about them,what of those in from the North Central who were in the room too and I actually pinpointed that there was only one person from the core north in dat room, all the people I mentioned were not in dat room.
if you look carefully at that article,i highlighted that " My experiences during the orientation camp were numerous but these are the few that are dear to me"
Please I won't appreciate unprofessional and bias criticism.

1 Like

Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by Swankyprince(m): 6:32am On Jun 03, 2015
Am also a graduate of Uniosun, Okuku campus. Nice hearing your experience.
Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 03, 2015
Great scribble.... Doing same here in Yenagoa, Bayelsa state....

Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 03, 2015
Titilayodeji13:

stop been bias and don't relate my article based on ethnicity Atall, I grew up with Igbo, I schooled with them and nothing new to me about them,what of those in from the North Central who were in the room too and I actually pinpointed that there was only one person from the core north in dat room, all the people I mentioned were not in dat room.
if you look carefully at that article,i highlighted that " My experiences during the orientation camp were numerous but these are the few that are dear to me"
Please I won't appreciate unprofessional and bias criticism.

You need not reply them...

1 Like

Re: National Youth Service Corps: A Scheme To Eliminate Ignorance In Nigeria. by Horlawoomey(m): 7:20am On Jun 03, 2015
I don't see anything fulfilling when a graduate of Civil Engineering is teaching mathematics in a community primary school. To me the programme is a total waste of precious time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC Issue With Date Of Birth / What To Do During NYSC To Secure An Internship/job Afterwards / NYSC Batch “A” 2015 Call Up Letter Is Currently Out –see How To Print Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.