Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,159 members, 7,953,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:20 PM

Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. (3881 Views)

Father Totured 7yrs Old Son, Bound Him To Cutting Boards&Fed Him To Pigs(Photos) / “My Wife Prays As If She’s Fighting With God– Fed Up Husband Laments. / My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by Rejoyla(f): 12:12pm On May 21, 2015
breadplanets:
The question is why would a child refuse to eat for that long. Is the child sick or the child does not like the food available? If the child is sick wont it be better to get some treatment so that appetite can be restored? This kind of force feeding is what i have never seen before o. It happens ive heard but never witnessed it.

We have been to d hospital several times and they did her blood work and found nothing, I was even insisting on a CT scan, if possible, but still nothing. Force feeding came as a last resort cos I don try and she is looking much better now, though I still av to force her 2 eat at least twice a day
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by breadplanets(f): 12:33pm On May 21, 2015
Rejoyla:

We have been to d hospital several times and they did her blood work and found nothing, I was even insisting on a CT scan, if possible, but still nothing. Force feeding came as a last resort cos I don try and she is looking much better now, though I still av to force her 2 eat at least twice a day
Motherhood is not easy jare. Weldone mama. But dont start complaining when she passes that stage and starts eating everyting in sight! Just like my neighbours baby that turned as i was carrying him yesterday and started eating my cheeks! I almost threw him away as i didnt understand what was happening at first hahahahaha....

1 Like

Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by bukatyne(f): 3:13pm On May 21, 2015
How we were fed Agbo when we were babies ( I remember my mom doing this for my sis)

Drinking Aloe Vera with cane

Forming I don't chop till I fainted in the market on my way home from the hospital

Na cane my papa use remove the spirit of not eating... Cane you to eat sotey you will be using your energy to eat

Some things do not go out except by caning and flogging grin

Thank God I yam an adult grin
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by cococandy(f): 3:39pm On May 21, 2015
Nobody feeds children like this in my part of Nigeria. At least they are not many if they are at all.

I saw this in Lagos for the first time.

@pxdaniel and misspsicy and co, you guys have to understand not everyone have the same cultural inclinations so I don't why you're surprised that some people don't see it as normal.
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by pxdaniel(m): 3:53pm On May 21, 2015
cococandy:
Nobody feeds children like this in my part of Nigeria. At least they are not many if they are at all.

I saw this in Lagos for the first time.

@pxdaniel and misspsicy and co, you guys have to understand not everyone have the same cultural inclinations so I don't why you're surprised that some people don't see it as normal.

Well, if u say so. However, I don't see anything cultural about feeding a baby that way and even if it is culturally related, it is wrong for one to criticize other peoples way of life as if they are superior or whatever.
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by cococandy(f): 4:55pm On May 21, 2015
pxdaniel:

Well, if u say so. However, I don't see anything cultural about feeding a baby that way and even if it is culturally related, it is wrong for one to criticize other peoples way of life as if they are superior or whatever.
there is everythng wrong with that method of feeding.

It is nothing to do with superiority.
Choking risk is more than 70percent in that situation. So I should not criticize it so you won't feel bad? angry
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by Smhart1(f): 9:38pm On May 21, 2015
one thing is sure, if my pikin refuse to eat I will use this method over and over again. I was fed like that same as my siblings and none of us died.
That which does not kill us makes us stronger
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by pxdaniel(m): 10:50pm On May 21, 2015
cococandy:
there is everythng wrong with that method of feeding.

It is nothing to do with superiority.
Choking risk is more than 70percent in that situation. So I should not criticize it so you won't feel bad? angry

Everybody is suddenly Einstein!! I would love to know how you came up with your statistics? Besides, give me just one scenario where you saw a baby choke. Different strokes for different folks. Just let it go
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by Abbeyme: 11:35pm On May 21, 2015
ehhh yahhh

breadplanets:
Motherhood is not easy jare. Weldone mama. But dont start complaining when she passes that stage and starts eating everyting in sight! Just like my neighbours baby that turned as i was carrying him yesterday and started eating my cheeks! I almost threw him away as i didnt understand what was happening at first hahahahaha....

I would have loved to see your cheeks.. grin grin cheesy wink
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by Ewuro4: 11:39pm On May 21, 2015
I won't be here typing if I was. grin

Long gone dead.

Godforbidbadthing
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by vickkyruby(f): 11:58pm On May 21, 2015
undecided undecided most mum's did this, especially when taking medicines.
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by breadplanets(f): 4:05am On May 22, 2015
Abbeyme:
ehhh yahhh

I would have loved to see your cheeks.. grin grin cheesy wink
Nnah the cheeks plenty o. My oga said the baby thought it was bread. undecided
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by EfemenaXY: 6:14am On May 22, 2015
Abbeyme:
Was going thru my twitter handle this afternoon and saw this pix from a followee.

Honestly, did your mother or sister ever fed you this way? Did you ever feed your kid sibling or children this way?

Hope it's not tantamount to child abuse.. Your views, pls.

This picture alone explains why there are so many damaged souls roaming about Nairaland like monitoring spirits.

1 Like

Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by irunoko(m): 7:16am On May 22, 2015
grin
EfemenaXY:

This picture alone explains why there are so many damaged souls roaming about Nairaland like monitoring spirits.
grin
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by breadplanets(f): 9:28am On May 22, 2015
EfemenaXY:

gringringringringrin
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by blank(f): 9:40am On May 22, 2015
Continue force feeding your babies. Pray they don't die. Like the story about the Ghanaian nurse that force fed her 10 month old baby to death. The girl died of pneumonia from inhalation of food particles into the lungs after being force fed. The mum was sentenced to 3 years in jail.

After, someone will start saying that people in the village are behind their kids' death.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2048328/Social-workers-blamed-Gloria-Dwomoh-force-fed-baby-death.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-15689864

1 Like

Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by blank(f): 9:44am On May 22, 2015
Smhart1:
one thing is sure, if my pikin refuse to eat I will use this method over and over again. I was fed like that same as my siblings and none of us died.
That which does not kill us makes us stronger

So, until someone dies, you won't stop. Why not prevent any such case from even coming close to happening? If i see any woman doing such, i will report her to child right organizations. You are not fit to raise an animal not to mention a child. I am being judgmental and i don't care. The children are more important than your feeling indignant or hurt.

1 Like

Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by Nobody: 9:54am On May 22, 2015
cococandy:
I've seen a lady feed her child like this before and it was traumatizing for me.
Because I felt I was going to choke on the child's behalf.

What is traumatizing there? This is the way our mothers fed us before the arrival of spoons and nothing happened. It doesn't kill babies, it saves you time and make the baby eat fast rather than using spoon.
I remember using spoon to feed my baby niece last year and it was time consuming and stressful basically because it's depends on her will to take the food from you, but if this method is used ehn! Nobody will tell her bfr she swallow everything. grin
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by Nobody: 9:59am On May 22, 2015
blank:

So, until someone dies, you won't stop. Why not prevent any such case from even coming close to happening? If i see any woman doing such, i will report her to child right organizations. You are not fit to raise an animal not to mention a child. I am being judgmental and i don't care. The children are more important than your feeling indignant or hurt.

Do you think this is America? How will u report a mother to the police just because of her prefared method of feeding her child? That's insane!
If you dunno how to use the method other people knows and it doesn't choke babies to death.
You can ask your grandmother on how to use it without choking your baby
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by freecocoa(f): 10:05am On May 22, 2015
classicB:

What is traumatizing there? This is the way our mothers fed us before the arrival of spoons and nothing happened. It doesn't kill babies, it saves you time and make the baby eat fast rather than using spoon.
I remember using spoon to feed my baby niece last year and it was time consuming and stressful basically because it's depends on her will to take the food from you, but if this method is used ehn! Nobody will tell her bfr she swallow everything. grin
Please no one and I repeat, no one in my family was fed this way, never seen it happen in my life, so speak for yourself.

Feeding a child and not giving him space to swallow, the kid is even turned upside down, this is barbaric.

1 Like

Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by blank(f): 10:08am On May 22, 2015
classicB:

Do you think this is America? How will u report a mother to the police just because of her prefared method of feeding her child? That's insane!
If you dunno how to use the method other people knows and it doesn't choke babies to death.
You can ask your grandmother on how to use it without choking your baby

Preferred method my foot. It is a dangerous method and not allowed at all. Are there not mothers that mutilate the babies' vaginas and say it is their cultural methods? Does it make it right that the person's grandmother did it to them? Just keep praying that something evil does not happen because the story will change to if i had known better. This is cruel and unusual punishment and should be stamped out.

So, this is not America thus the wrong thing should continue?

1 Like

Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by cococandy(f): 2:47pm On May 22, 2015
This particular scenario I saw, when the baby closed his mouth and refused to open for her to pour the food, she would pinch his nose until he gasped for breathe by opening his mouth and then she would pour the food in.

Then he would be forced to swallow while still gasping for breath amidst bouts of coughing that got in the way because of the position she held him in.

That was traumatizing for me.

Yea well kids demand patience. There's really no way around it.
classicB:

Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by cococandy(f): 2:49pm On May 22, 2015
pxdaniel:

Everybody is suddenly Einstein!! I would love to know how you came up with your statistics? Besides, give me just one scenario where you saw a baby choke. Different strokes for different folks. Just let it go
of course no one knows when the baby will die from food going into the wrong tract.
It is usually blamed on the village witches (serves them right anyway grin)
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 22, 2015
That child can have Aspiration Pneumonitis.
People should desist from doing this.
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 22, 2015
Dyt:
Yes
I fed my son this way too when he refused taking anything
Locked his hand sef

Yes I know I could be mean
Please stop doing it
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by Dyt(f): 3:46pm On May 22, 2015
Yadoctora:

Please stop doing it

Rolls eyes
undecided undecided

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by blank(f): 3:59pm On May 22, 2015
http://lindaikeji..com/2015/05/how-school-in-ajah-killed-my-son.html

Continue to force feed you babies. Since it has not happened to you yet.

1 Like

Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by Joel3(m): 6:22pm On May 22, 2015
ummm. just when you have only pop to offer. and the baby want some cheese and chocolate instead
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by cococandy(f): 6:46pm On May 22, 2015
blank:
http://lindaikeji..com/2015/05/how-school-in-ajah-killed-my-son.html

Continue to force feed you babies. Since it has not happened to you yet.

Mother of the year.
this is a really sad story cry
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 22, 2015
Saw this once.
The baby was sick and refused drugs so a nebor was called to do this.

Na dem sabi.
I can't do it.
It doesn't look healthy.
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by EfemenaXY: 8:07pm On May 22, 2015
Dyt:
Yes
I fed my son this way too when he refused taking anything
Locked his hand sef

Yes I know I could be mean

Dyt that's so wrong. And very dangerous too. Babies have died from force feeding and the jailed parents were left regretting for the rest of their lives.
Re: Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture.. by Dyt(f): 8:09pm On May 22, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Dyt that's so wrong. And very dangerous too. Babies have died from force feeding and the jailed parents were left regretting for the rest of their lives.

grin grin
Not Dyts boy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Every Lady Should Know About Pleasing A Man. / My Girl Saw Me With Mine Female Friend When She Came Back From School. / I Received This Message From My Mom And Felt Like Crying..i Love My Mom(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.