Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,380 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form (26531 Views)

Help: my money is Stuck In My GTB Account Because of BVN issue / A Cry to Ncc to Please Stop Phone Checking of Bvn. My Personal Opinion / Ten Types Of People You Will Find In The Bank This Last Day Of BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by ElFenomeno1: 8:51am On May 21, 2015
legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

I was surprised receiving an e-mail this morning from this bank
that my ATM card will be disabled if I don't have BVN. Below was what I received:

"Dear Valued Customer,

Please note that your ATM Debit card will be disabled soon from performing transactions,Pending your registration for the new ATM card bank verification number(BVN) as directed by the Central Bank of Nigeria,Please note that this registration is Mandatory.
Simply copy and paste the link below in your browser and fill in the registration form to reactivate your ATM card immediately"

I wonder what having this BVN number is turning into. Is it a must I have it nor make use of it?

End time thing I think.... What do you as well think of this BVN or no BVN issues?

The BVN is for your own good... For the security of your account and funds!
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by kyrios: 8:51am On May 21, 2015
scam of life
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by redcliff: 8:51am On May 21, 2015
legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

that my ATM card will be disabled if I don't have BVN. Below was what I received:

"Dear Valued Customer,

Please note that your ATM Debit card will be disabled soon from performing transactions,Pending your registration for the new ATM card bank verification number(BVN) as directed by the Central Bank of Nigeria,Please note that this registration is Mandatory.
Simply copy and paste the link below in your browser and fill in the registration form to reactivate your ATM card immediately"

I wonder what having this BVN number is turning into. Is it a must I have it nor make use of it?

End time thing I think.... What do you as well think of this BVN or no BVN issues?

This is pure scam
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by james809: 8:51am On May 21, 2015
scam!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by spicytayomic(m): 8:51am On May 21, 2015
legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

"Dear Valued Customer,

This is a scam Mail, it is asking you to copy and paste the link below in your browser and fill in the registration form to reactivate your ATM card immediately shine your eyes
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by frisky2good(m): 8:52am On May 21, 2015
Don't click it ooooooooo! Na phishing scam e go be.

legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

"Dear Valued Customer,

Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by mmsen: 8:52am On May 21, 2015
OP should state from which email address this came from.

This is how people fall prey to phishing scams.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by ultrazone(m): 8:52am On May 21, 2015
ss
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by ceejayluv(m): 8:52am On May 21, 2015
SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMM!!!
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Urine: 8:53am On May 21, 2015
legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

"Dear Valued Customer,

Phishing alert! If you fill that form, boys will drain your account.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by An2elect2(f): 8:54am On May 21, 2015
Why don't you go to your bank to confirm if they actually sent it.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Frydae: 8:54am On May 21, 2015
Tell these end time people to pls respect themselves n leave us alone O! U work hard to earn money n put into their own bizness n they now give u conditions to get your money back! What type of intimidationis that? Y don't they bluntly tell us to come n receive the 666 stamps on our 4heads! Abeg Make Una park well joor!
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Nobody: 8:54am On May 21, 2015
legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

"Dear Valued Customer,

This is a scam mail. Hope you didn't comply?
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by dustydee: 8:54am On May 21, 2015
legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

"Dear Valued Customer,

Scam! BVN registration can only be done in your bank not online.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by donciccio: 8:54am On May 21, 2015
@Op:

Red Alert! Red Alert!! Red Alert!!!

#SCAM
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by rexbuton: 8:54am On May 21, 2015
this BVN na end time tins ooo... for dose pple wey no rapture , na im dem go take dey track una down .. #NoBuyingNoSelling

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Nobody: 8:54am On May 21, 2015
The Nigerian government has no respect for human rights so neither does the private sector, it's a domino effect.

How can a bank force you to get a BVN? Trust me if they try that you can sue them for over a billion if they dear disable your ATM.

The best they could do is say without BVN you won't have access to some of our services like Bank loans etc.

But they have no right to disable your ATM or Account, these practices can never happen in developed countries, truly Nigeria is in the gutter.

No human rights protection for the citizens, hence
Why u see some employers owing salaries or even abusing their staff without fear of recourse.

It's sad, Nigeria is on the road to no where until we have real working laws that protect the citizens human rights.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by YSA06(m): 8:54am On May 21, 2015
You may follow the link as requested if u don't have funds and not expecting money in ur account.

Thay can possibly scam zero balance account.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by rio8484(m): 8:55am On May 21, 2015
Surely a scam message
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by carramel(f): 8:55am On May 21, 2015
Mtsheww. What of Nigerians living abroad? Why can't it be done online for goodness sake. They better not try to cancel my card cos I use it here all the time.....

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by FitnessNigeria: 8:55am On May 21, 2015
SCAM, FAKE. DON'T DO IT
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by inimitkel(m): 8:57am On May 21, 2015
rexbuton:
this BVN na end time tins ooo... for dose pple wey no rapture , na im dem go take dey track una down .. #NoBuyingNoSelling
Guy exactly my thought too...really not cool with the stuff
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Lanretoye(m): 8:58am On May 21, 2015
Dem just dey disturb person with all these three lettered rubbish.PVC,ATM,NDL,BVN...
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by Built2last: 8:58am On May 21, 2015
@LalasticLala, take down this thread. its a scam.

banks have contacted their customers to walk into the bank and do their BVN registeration

this message is a pure scam and you shouldnt propagate it.

many may fall victims.

fraudsters are looking for the security codes on peoples ATMs to access their accounts

every BVN and ATM activation can only be done in the bank and not online and purpoted by this thread
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by tohpahz(f): 8:58am On May 21, 2015
Hmmmm. Now I'm scared..
Is it by force or what??
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by jabbo(m): 8:58am On May 21, 2015
legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

"Dear Valued Customer,

Don't try it for anything. No bank would ask you to that online. You must present yourself physically to do your BVN. The mail you received was sent to you by fraudsters who want to get your ATM details.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by dustydee: 8:59am On May 21, 2015
Whoever moved this to the frontpage should modify it before others will receive similar email and think it is genuine.
Seun, ishiilove, Lalasticlala please modify the title to indicate the fraudulent nature of the email.
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by marketresearch: 9:00am On May 21, 2015
Bros i beg you in the name of God, If you like yourself, Please dont fill in the form online, Just walk into any branch of your bank to do the transaction, Note: U cant do this online, And incase you have filled the form kindly go and report it at your bank, Did you notice the email that sent the mail? Its not an official email from your bank, also look at the URL carefully, Banks dont use a short URL.
legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

"Dear Valued Customer,

Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by holyokoto(m): 9:01am On May 21, 2015
legalwealth:
Good day everyone!

"Dear Valued Customer,

How does this relate to end time? Nawa o
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by EngrSirwhite: 9:01am On May 21, 2015
CountDracula:
Looks like a scam message. Fill in Reg to Reactivate ur ATM? Follow link? I'm nt sure bt I dnt think banks do dose kinda registrations online

U r 100% correct, although it is mandatory to do ur BVN registration, its not something dat can be done online, it can only be done at de branch. Be guided
Re: Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form by lomprico(m): 9:03am On May 21, 2015
[size=48pt]BVN = 666[/size]
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Still On Fire, 24 Hours After / What Kind Of Business Will Someone Start With N100,000 In Nigeria? / Access Bank To Acquire Cavmont Bank, A Zambian Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.