Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Help: my money is Stuck In My GTB Account Because of BVN issue - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help: my money is Stuck In My GTB Account Because of BVN issue (2385 Views)

Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN / Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank / A Cry to Ncc to Please Stop Phone Checking of Bvn. My Personal Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: my money is Stuck In My GTB Account Because of BVN issue by Launcher: 10:48am On Jan 27, 2016
Dear Nairalanders, I need your help & guide concerning my money that is stuck. I'm sorry if my write up is full of blunders, but will try my best to state my problem in the most simple way.
I'll like to give a summary because of the busy nairalanders who can't read long epistle..........
∆ Did my BVN at Ago Iwoye GTB branch cause I'm a student of Olabisi Onabanjo University in September
∆ Started having problem withdrawing from ATMs & POS in the bank
∆ Had to use withdrawal slips
∆ Got a new Debit card @ Ago Iwoye cause the customer care thought the card is destroyed
∆ New debit card worked for some weeks but had the same problem as the first one
∆ Told to upgrade my account to savings account because it was Zero Account which I did @ Awolowo branch in Ibadan with the same BVN number I was given at Ago Iwoye
∆ Still, the card won't work
∆ Asked customer care if it's not BVN but was told my account has been linked to the BVN already at Mokola branch in Ibadan (where I opened my account)
∆ Was advised to request for another debit card that will suit my account because it has been upgraded which I did at Mokola branch in Ibadan & got picked the card at Sagam branch Ogun state
∆ Got the new debit card after some weeks which worked, even paid my school fee with it at the school POS stand.
∆ Had to withdraw last week but couldn't, machine displayed the same messages it does with the other debit cards. (Please contact your bank)
∆ I thought of using withdrawal slips like I did then
∆ I was told at the counter to write my BVN on the slip....was then told to go see the customer care agents.
∆ The customer care agent checked the BVN, the same BVN I used to upgrade my account, the same BVN I do write at the back of withdrawal slips whenever I use the slips.....then she dropped the bomb that the BVN is not mine
∆ Was told to return to Ago Iwoye branch to lodge my complain because that's where I was given the BVN.
∆ At Ago Iwoye branch, was told to provide the Ticket Number I was given back then but couldn't because I threw it away after I was given my BVN (which happens to be a big mistake)
∆ since I don't have it, I was told to re-enrol by the BVN agent I met.
∆ Was told to check back yesterday which I did & was told the new enrollment I did was rejected because there is an existing BVN but they can't find it.
Now I'm stuck in Ago Iwoye because all my money is inside, can't transfer, can't withdraw but they allow money to be credited in it.
I'm not the only one, saw some students crying cause their school fees is in their accounts & the deadline for payment is tomorrow.

I need advice on how to go about this, because I'm missing lectures at Ikenne Campus because of this problem I'm going through.

Lalasticlala & any other Mods should please move this to the right section because I don't know which one to place it & if possible to the front page.
Re: Help: my money is Stuck In My GTB Account Because of BVN issue by Nsonaso(m): 11:39am On Jan 27, 2016
Launcher:
Dear Nairalanders, I need your help & guide concerning my money that is stuck. I'm sorry if my write up is full of blunders, but will try my best to state my problem in the most simple way.
I'll like to give a summary because of the busy nairalanders who can't read long epistle..........
∆ Did my BVN at Ago Iwoye GTB branch cause I'm a student of Olabisi Onabanjo University in September
∆ Got a new Debit card @ Ago Iwoye cause the customer care thought the card is destroyed
∆ New debit card worked for some weeks but had the same problem as the first one
∆ Told to upgrade my account to savings account because it was Zero Account which I did @ Awolowo branch in Ibadan with the same BVN number I was given at Ago Iwoye
∆ Asked customer care if it's not BVN but was told my account has been linked to the BVN already at Mokola branch in Ibadan (where I opened my account)
∆ Was advised to request for another debit card that will suit my account because it has been upgraded which I did at Mokola branch in Ibadan & got picked the card at Sagam branch Ogun state
∆ Got the new debit card after some weeks which worked, even paid my school fee with it at the school POS stand.
∆ Had to withdraw last week but couldn't, machine displayed the same messages it does with the other debit cards. (Please contact your bank)
∆ I was told at the counter to write my BVN on the slip....was then told to go see the customer care agents.
∆ The customer care agent checked the BVN, the same BVN I used to upgrade my account, the same BVN I do write at the back of withdrawal slips whenever I use the slips.....then she dropped the bomb that the BVN is not mine
∆ Was told to return to Ago Iwoye branch to lodge my complain because that's where I was given the BVN.
∆ At Ago Iwoye branch, was told to provide the Ticket Number I was given back then but couldn't because I threw it away after I was given my BVN (which happens to be a big mistake)
∆ Was told to check back yesterday which I did & was told the new enrollment I did was rejected because there is an existing BVN but they can't find it.
Now I'm stuck in Ago Iwoye because all my money is inside, can't transfer, can't withdraw but they allow money to be credited in it.
I'm not the only one, saw some students crying cause their school fees is in their accounts & the deadline for payment is tomorrow.

I need advice on how to go about this, because I'm missing lectures at Ikenne Campus because of this problem I'm going through.

Lalasticlala & any other Mods should please move this to the right section because I don't know which one to place it & if possible to the front page.

I don't even know what to say to you?
Is your life tide to GTB that you didn't withdraw your total money after the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, six, seventh................ Millionth times you tried withdrawing and got an error?

Just dial *565*0# with the phone number you used to register the bvn (hope you've not thrown away that one as well) compare the bvn code with the one you have

1 Like

Re: Help: my money is Stuck In My GTB Account Because of BVN issue by Nsonaso(m): 11:58am On Jan 27, 2016
Seun, Puskin please help this guy move this to front page so that he can get help.
Re: Help: my money is Stuck In My GTB Account Because of BVN issue by Launcher: 12:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nsonaso:
I don't even know what to say to you?
Is your life tide to GTB that you didn't withdraw your total money after the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, six, seventh................ Millionth times you tried withdrawing and got an error?

Just dial *565*0# with the phone number you used to register the bvn (hope you've not thrown away that one as well) compare the bvn code with the one you have
Brother, you are right..... I should have cleared the account, but we students thought is that GTB is a student friendly bank. learnt my lesson now.
The message I got is that my number is not on the BVN platform.
Re: Help: my money is Stuck In My GTB Account Because of BVN issue by Nsonaso(m): 12:32pm On Jan 27, 2016
Launcher:
Brother, you are right..... I should have cleared the account, but we students thought is that GTB is a student friendly bank. learnt my lesson now.
The message I got is that my number is not on the BVN platform.
Bro there is nothing like student friendly..... All those gimmicks are what I call BS (Business Strategy). Am a student too and I operate in so many banks and my only business with them is to save my money in their bank, and once I sense that the money is no longer save with them, I clear it and take a walk. Very simple..... Am not interested in the friendliness or what ever

3 Likes

Re: Help: my money is Stuck In My GTB Account Because of BVN issue by Nsonaso(m): 11:10am On Jan 28, 2016
Launcher:

Hey bro any update? keep replying "help me please" on this your thread so that people can see it and help you.
Re: Help: my money is Stuck In My GTB Account Because of BVN issue by Launcher: 9:38am On Feb 11, 2016
Nsonaso:

Hey bro any update? keep replying "help me please" on this your thread so that people can see it and help you.

Thanks bro, I'm still on the stuff........was told the reason that my profile was placed on another persons name, that the mix up came from CBN(not sure if they are telling the truth or covering up for their colleague). I was told to exercise patient, but don't know till when.

All the same gonna follow ur advice............
HELP ME PLEASE
Re: Help: my money is Stuck In My GTB Account Because of BVN issue by Launcher: 4:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
Lalasticlala do I have to put a snake's pic on the thread or type Tonto Dike before you help me move this to the front page?

1 Like

Re: Help: my money is Stuck In My GTB Account Because of BVN issue by Launcher: 11:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
Update. My account has been fixed. If you are going through the same problem I was in...... You'd have to sacrifice a whole day, just go to the customer care, tell him or her to help you check the date you enrolled and after you have been given and directed to the BVN unit, stay on the guys until they get the form for you, even if they tell you they are busy,j just wait until they have no customer they are attending to anymore. Or else, you'd keep visiting the bank like I was doing then cause I had to join in the quest of getting ma enrollment form.
Re: Help: my money is Stuck In My GTB Account Because of BVN issue by Nobody: 3:20am On Jul 22, 2016
Launcher:
Update. My account has been fixed. If you are going through the same problem I was in...... You'd have to sacrifice a whole day, just go to the customer care, tell him or her to help you check the date you enrolled and after you have been given and directed to the BVN unit, stay on the guys until they get the form for you, even if they tell you they are busy,j just wait until they have no customer they are attending to anymore. Or else, you'd keep visiting the bank like I was doing then cause I had to join in the quest of getting ma enrollment form.

are u sure? it is better u clear the money in the account, open a new one in another bank and link the bvn

1 Like

Re: Help: my money is Stuck In My GTB Account Because of BVN issue by Launcher: 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2016
Gunbiz:

are u sure? it is better u clear the money in the account, open a new one in another bank and link the bvn
Yes boss, since then...... i've got no issue with the account but that does not mean I trust em sha, my school fees won't go into that account again...... many couldn't pay theirs till the school portal got closed.

(1) (Reply)

Buy Double A4 Paper (75gms) For 4k Per Carton / Best Soak-away Evacuation Company In Abuja / Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.